Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2020 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The psychology of Miko Iino's character hilarious, especially the first segment of this episode.

I thought the segment about the routine was pretty creative. They managed to somehow add in a sequence with health bars. Seems Kaguya wasn't ready for her hand to be held by Miyuki though.

The third segment was pretty amusing imo especially with the makeup.
Jun 6, 2020 7:54 AM

Feb 2018
What is the red and blue effect? Miko seemed to be confused about Kaguya and Shirogane ... Running in the rain, Miko confused into despair, Fujiwara became one of her goals but heard Fujiwara the answer make Miko more desperate, poor Miko. Fujiwara is an angel, I know that.

Eeehhh ... Why does Kaguya always run away? It seems I missed something, what advice did Hayasaka give Kaguya? If you know, can you reply to this thread? Kaguya seemed to be an expert in the movement, it was more like a dance move. They practiced only for her future husband I mean Shirogane, so lucky. I don't like the final part, why this scene look like a game interface?

I feel bad for Ishigami, rather than joining a classmate it's better to be alone, I like that hairstyle, really.
Jun 6, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2014
Was the 2nd part with Kaguya practicing different routines rotoscoping animation like the Chika ED dance? it was freakin smooth af.
That aside this ep went above and beyond what I expected, how can the adaptation be this good! 2nd part was too good to exist, they literally made it an arcade fighting game style I was laughing the whole part. 1st part had a more over the top shiz with Miko and 3rd part.... get ready ya’ll! Its coming! time for best boi to shine.
Jun 6, 2020 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
This episode really went beyond what I expected, lots of stylish choices and great directing. The references thoo, like the fighting game and the Peanuts show (the one with Snoopy the dog). Miko's delusions looking cinematically stunning.

Kaguya's dance> Chika's dance.

One of my favorite episode of the entire series, it was really fun and well adapted.

MxxxstationJun 6, 2020 10:23 AM
Jun 6, 2020 8:15 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
The third segment was really really good. What an amazing adaptation it has been so far. My expectations for the next two episodes are over the roof.

6/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 6, 2020 8:58 AM

Nov 2007

WHAT . WITCHCRAFT . AND . WIZARDRY . IS . THIS!
A1-SAMA! . ARIGATOU!
shanimebibJun 6, 2020 10:06 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 6, 2020 9:09 AM
Oct 2015
we are blessed to have staff like this, Kaguya Routine Dance is really smooth AF
Jun 6, 2020 9:28 AM

Feb 2019
Miko is making a push on Ishigami for best girl. Her sequence at the beginning was hilarious. Some amazing direction and fluid animation this episode. From the street fighter kaguya v shirogane scene to Kaguya’s dance, very well done. Some of A-1’s best stuff comes from this series.

Ishigami spin off cross dressing series plz

Already 9 eps thru, only 3 left:/

Syureria said:
What is the red and blue effect? Miko seemed to be confused about Kaguya and Shirogane ... Running in the rain, Miko confused into despair, Fujiwara became one of her goals but heard Fujiwara the answer make Miko more desperate, poor Miko. Fujiwara is an angel, I know that.

Eeehhh ... Why does Kaguya always run away? It seems I missed something, what advice did Hayasaka give Kaguya? If you know, can you reply to this thread? Kaguya seemed to be an expert in the movement, it was more like a dance move. They practiced only for her future husband I mean Shirogane, so lucky. I don't like the final part, why this scene look like a game interface?

I feel bad for Ishigami, rather than joining a classmate it's better to be alone, I like that hairstyle, really.
Hayasaka told Kaguya to try putting her right hand on her cheek since that seems to calm her.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Koito91Jun 6, 2020 10:48 AM
Jun 6, 2020 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
Fanastic episode as always.

Iino totally wants to be the main character with every possible trope, her version of what the story should've been was hilarious.

Kaguya is just too adorable. <3
The fighting game sequence was both funny and cute at the same time. Miyuki is unaware of the extent of his power.

The Ishigami segment was actually my favorite because of his top tier monologues.
"It's not that you can become a normie by joining the cheerleading club but that only normies join the cheerleading club.", Absolutely flawless logic right here.

Iino instantly closing door after the sneak peak was funny and Miyuki being jealous of all the fun Kaguya and Ishigami were having was cute too. I'm very eager to see the continuation of this segment,
Jun 6, 2020 9:35 AM
Apr 2019
Really liked how Shirogane got jealous when Ishigami and Shinomiya were interacting. Another misunderstood entrance from Miko had me on the floor.
Jun 6, 2020 9:37 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
I don't know about y'all, but crossdressing Ishigami might have awakened something in me...

who am I kidding that fetish has already
been wide awake for ages

Jul 2017
Another wonderful episode in the books! Kaguya-sama truly does NOT relent.

The first segment with Miko Iino ranting to best bud Osaragi about Shirogane and Kaguya's accounting of the Student Council (even with Chika's words) was just great, no questions asked. And leaving my man Ishigami out was just cruel. Truly, Miko's imagination is "50 Shades of Grey" quality, so girl, please get your mind out of the gutter!

Well...it looks like Kaguya HASN"T forgot about the School Equipment Room incidient of lovesickness, and now Hayasaka has to budge her into therapy session. AND IS THAT DANCE a replica of Chika's ED??? Looks like the OP's foreshadowing of Kaguya touching her left cheek to stay sane holds true (if anyone caught that). The whole Street Fighter aesthetic was so meta and well done.

The third and last segment...I feel bad for you man Ishigami, this boy got ridiculed hard of his normie personality as compared to the bright-shining clubs. A bit rare for Kaguya to treat Ishigami normally, but Miko took a glance and just shut the door hard. Even worse is Shirogane whose jealousy FIRES up like mad. His story isn't over yet!

A normie dressing like a girl, what implications will that have? An insane number of it, I believe! Awaiting the Sports Festival to see his crossdressing!
KANLen09Jun 6, 2020 9:31 PM

Feb 2018
Marinate1016 said:

Hayasaka told Kaguya to try putting her right hand on her cheek since that seems to calm her.
Ehhh ... looks like I still remember that scene, I don't understand why did Kaguya feel nervous when beside Shirogane, wouldn't that be a good opportunity for Kaguya?

Rarely that the people here don't discuss the Hayasaka dance, rather than choosing Kaguya I'd rather choose Hayasaka, thanks btw.
Jun 6, 2020 9:40 AM

Nov 2016
I saw things I shouldn't have seen.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 6, 2020 9:40 AM

Sep 2018
Syureria said:

Eeehhh ... Why does Kaguya always run away? It seems I missed something, what advice did Hayasaka give Kaguya? If you know, can you reply to this thread?

Did you skip the whole "routine" part ? Hayasaka told Kaguya to develop a routine that will calm her down.By touching her left cheek with her right hand every time she feels calm,her brain associated that motion with sense of being calm.Now every time she does that her emotions reset to feeeling calm.
well that's just my opinion.....
Jun 6, 2020 9:43 AM
Mar 2018
Amazing episode as always, but the next 3 are going to be even better.
Also holy shit this show has no right to look this good
Jun 6, 2020 9:46 AM

Jun 2019
Pretty Ok episode... imo. That dramatic thinking of iino was hilarious. Also the game b/w shinomiya and shirogane looked cute. And how can I forgot to mention how awesome Ishigami was looking in that girls uniform. Not that funny compared to previous episodes but I enjoyed it.
Jun 6, 2020 9:46 AM

Feb 2018
Farmaceut said:

Did you skip the whole "routine" part ? Hayasaka told Kaguya to develop a routine that will calm her down.By touching her left cheek with her right hand every time she feels calm,her brain associated that motion with sense of being calm.Now every time she does that her emotions reset to feeeling calm.

I didn't miss it, it's just that I didn't hear clearly because I was eating, lol. I wish I could hear more of what they say, really.
Jun 6, 2020 9:47 AM

Jul 2012
Miko Iino with very wild imagination ...
And as always her timings are the best!

Routine part was great, Hayasaka with amazing idea and Kaguya's smooth dance!!!
The fight segment animated, just great!

Ishigami joining cheerleading squad. Senpai-kouhai "relationship" starts here =/ Onodera's stare ...
Jun 6, 2020 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
Easy 5/5 episode. Chapter 80 was even funnier here than the manga, they made me appreciate 81 more, and 82 is always an adorable one. I love it when they do episodes in chronological order.
Can't wait for the sports festival.

My guess on this week's meme: "This might awaken something in me". Kaguya dance is also a given.
Jun 6, 2020 9:50 AM

Mar 2018
One of the best episodes of this series yet. So many good moments.

EHHHHHH *op theme* HHHHHHHH

The "I Need A Hero" music was SO GOOD

The peanuts reference was neat

The entire Iino dream segment was amazing

That "fight" scene

Ishigami's "This better not awaken something in me"

And above all else, the beginning of the Sports Festival Arc. One of my favorite arcs in the manga.

Jun 6, 2020 9:50 AM

Aug 2018
Aka akasaka (mangaka) draws a couple panels:
A-1: time to use all our budget

Still amazed at how well animated Iino's scene was

Also I'm mega hype for IShigami's Sports festival arc. Some major character development coming for anime-onlys
5/5 episode as always
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Jun 6, 2020 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
Iino imagination is wild lol.

The second segment with the routine was funny.

The third segment was hilarious. Iino with her timing had me laughing out loud.

Jun 6, 2020 9:59 AM

Nov 2007
Btw, if anyone weren't able to connect the title of the segment with the content of it, here goes the reference:

I wonder who would be Iino<3's ideal lover!

This episode was beyond a 6/5.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 6, 2020 10:04 AM
Apr 2019
Syureria said:
Marinate1016 said:

Ehhh ... looks like I still remember that scene, I don't understand why did Kaguya feel nervous when beside Shirogane, wouldn't that be a good opportunity for Kaguya?

Rarely that the people here don't discuss the Hayasaka dance, rather than choosing Kaguya I'd rather choose Hayasaka, thanks btw.

She was nervous because of the near kissing incident, and can't look him in the eyes without remembering it and getting flustered. Then he brought up the near kissing incident, which made things even worse.
Jun 6, 2020 10:05 AM

Apr 2018
It looks like Ishigami is going to have some kind of develop in the next chapters, i wonder how will Lino react to Ishigami being in the cheerleader club. Those two seem like the least compatible.
Jun 6, 2020 10:06 AM

Feb 2018
Blue_86 said:

She was nervous because of the near kissing incident, and can't look him in the eyes without remembering it and getting flustered. Then he brought up the near kissing incident, which made things even worse.

That's right, maybe the one to blame here is Miko. If Miko didn't open the door at that time there might be a kiss scene.

Damn you Miko
Jun 6, 2020 10:09 AM
Jun 2015
5/5 Kaguya Dance is very Well done, Anyone Notice Miko Smiling at ED? Is that sign of Good Character Development Between them, I dont know because I dont Read Manga in Advance.
Quit Working Too Hard, Enjoy Reaching Your Goals
Jun 6, 2020 10:13 AM

Jul 2012
The directing in this season two is godly compared to the first one. Their stylistic choice for every scenes are spot on. Who's the animation director for this series again? Can't seem to find anything on Google.

Jun 6, 2020 10:16 AM

Jan 2017
A ∞/5 episode, IT STILL GETS BETTER AFTER ALL THOSE EPISODES! This is beyond science!
Jun 6, 2020 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
wohooo we got kaguya's dance for S2, my only complain because it was too short ughh..

i really like how they animate kaguya vs shirogane battle lol,, that was ridiculously funny even tho i already know it..

i prefer DOPE AF tho
Jun 6, 2020 10:20 AM

Jul 2012
Nice to see Ishigami taking his first steps to change.
Jun 6, 2020 10:25 AM

Feb 2018
Goddamn A1 outdid themselves again this episode, the animations were so fluid and storyboarding for miko's wild imagination was perfect.

And we got the small Kaguya dance too, the street fighter part was so great lmao. Chadogane attacked her with a lot of special moves but Kaguya KO'd him with one shot at the end

the cheering group dancing like retards was hilarious and it's the start of ishigami arc,
Miyuki pouting was cute
Jun 6, 2020 10:28 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well for Miko the way that the council members interact sure can hard to handle given her nature. Still Miko's imagination sure proved to be interesting. Kobachi's analysis and debunking of the rumours though sure was fun though Miko's imagination sure served to complicate things. Kaguya's hunt for a calming ritual sure was amusing. Though the event for that sure went beyond of even what she expected. Quite curious to see how Ishigami would look in the sports festival as part of the cheer squad though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2020 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
Loved how Miko casually closed the door when she saw Ishigami putting on Kaguya's uniform. She's completely over it at this point. lol
Jun 6, 2020 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
Just listening to the OST in this episode and the great adaptation, just think about the 3 next episodes. They gonna be legendary, manga readers know what I mean.
At the other hand, anime onlies, think why the 1st segment of this chapter is called "Thus Ishigami closed his eyes" when Ishigami didn't even appeared in that part.
Jun 6, 2020 10:33 AM

Feb 2020
Another week and another great and surprising episode of Kaguya Sama !! Oh yes, this is life!

This time we had a lot of laughter and epic moments, from Kaguya vs Shirogane "Street Figther" to Kaguya's dance ...
And we also had the best girl: Ishigami kun haha.

Very funny and hilarious episode (like all season 2). Unfortunately we only have 3 left ...
I'm just waiting for the next one!
#KaguyaOnStreetFigther
Jun 6, 2020 10:34 AM

Feb 2018
During Iino's delusions there was a "Next: 128 - The Truth about the Student Council", there's no chapter with this name so we're going by number right? That one certainly tells us some truths... Does this mean season 3 is confirmed, though? I mean, there's no way they wouldn't adapted to at least season 3 but...

Aaand the Sports Festival is finally upon us, I can't wait for it.
Jun 6, 2020 10:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
God, this was fantastic! And that cliffhanger, ffs. I need to see how it goes, damn it.

Miko's imagination sure packs a punch, xD. Just a few weeks back, I figured she'd like heart of steel or something of the sort but it turns out that she's got the most Shoujo imagination lol. Poor friend having to endure that endlessly.

Considering she was out of screen since the first segment, I suppose Kaguya-san's unorthodox answer definitely rattled her lol.

And back with Kaguya's struggles. Hilarious how it ended off with that body slam, I wonder if there'll be an end to this misunderstanding by the end of this season...

Hayasaka coming up with the relaxing pose and A-1's witty presentation of that, among more, was just fantastic. Worked wonders too, lmfao.

And then more of Ishigami-kun's misfortunes. Courageous of him to go for it but I doubt he'll be regretting such a development more in the near future. I'm certain his club members will bail out so I can't wait to laugh my arse off. Got to say, that's one free-willed group though.

Just 3 more episodes to go... ;-;
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 6, 2020 10:46 AM

Mar 2018
The direction and animation of this episode was really noticeable, in a really positive way. Good to see they could still keep it up with the whole thing going on.
Eeeeeeeeh~ How did that clear up everything regarding Prez and Kaguya being the evil one, whaha. Great to see that when she confronted Kaguya, it completely reversed who is evil!

The Kaguya dance was just enjoyable and smooth with all the extra frames, poor animators ;_; Everything for the characters! And then the whole thing with Ishigami... He is cute and quite daring! Oh my~ fufufu~

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jun 6, 2020 10:54 AM

Apr 2015
Primo_Itoko said:
During Iino's delusions there was a "Next: 128 - The Truth about the Student Council", there's no chapter with this name so we're going by number right? That one certainly tells us some truths... Does this mean season 3 is confirmed, though? I mean, there's no way they wouldn't adapted to at least season 3 but...

The name is probably what the translator had come up with, but omfg I hope this means that S3 is confirmed, there were subtle foreshadowings in the past episodes that really don't mean anything but this... I hope it really means something.
Jun 6, 2020 10:59 AM
Aug 2019
So, finally best waifu competition is officially won by Ishigami.
It is really great that every episode is the best episode. Kaguya-sama is just something else...
Jun 6, 2020 11:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Koito91 said:
The direction and animation of this episode was really noticeable, in a really positive way. Good to see they could still keep it up with the whole thing going on.
Eeeeeeeeh~ How did that clear up everything regarding Prez and Kaguya being the evil one, whaha. Great to see that when she confronted Kaguya, it completely reversed who is evil!

The Kaguya dance was just enjoyable and smooth with all the extra frames, poor animators ;_; Everything for the characters! And then the whole thing with Ishigami... He is cute and quite daring! Oh my~ fufufu~

That Kaguya dance was an unexpected delight. And I might be mistaken, but a lot of those moves she did reminded me of Madonna's "Vogue" video. Am I the only one that thinks that?

The 3rd segment was the most important for the plot. We get to see Tsubame-senpai for the first time. But more importantly, for me, one of the most underrated parts of the story is seeing the blossoming relationship between Kaguya and Ishigami. It's based on support and mutual respect in a way in which few others in the student council relate to each other.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 6, 2020 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
Wow WOW What an Amazing episode!

While i am not a huge fan of Iino I thought her delusions were freaking hilarious! Huge "Peanuts" reference as well. Awesome!

OMG Also I kept asking myself what the Hell is Kaguya doing with her cheek in the opening AND NOW WE KNOW!

Yo we need that GIF of Kaguya Dancing IMMEDIATELY!!! That was so freaking adorable!

Her Judo throw on Shirogane though LOL

My man Ishigami!!! Man I loved that he finally had a friendly moment with Kaguya! He also wears Camo boxers lol. I thought it was super funny when she Put that Geisha make up on him haha.

Fantastic episode I am looking forward to the Sports Festival!
SoraSenpaiJun 6, 2020 11:16 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 6, 2020 11:20 AM

Jan 2020
Best boy Ishigami gonna get limelight now!!
Can't wait uwu

Fingers crossed that we get a good adaptation like we've always got.
Cuz this is the point in the manga where Kaguya-sama turned became much more than comedy.

Expectations are high and I'm sure they too will be blown away 🤞😤
Jun 6, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2019
This episode was by far the best one, in my opinion.

Kaguya and Ishigami were just too cute at the very end.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jun 6, 2020 11:39 AM

Oct 2018
"Shinomiya senpai you're dope af"

rip subs
Jun 6, 2020 11:47 AM

Jul 2019
Great episode! laughed my ass off when Miko walked in again near the end. The studio must be having fun all day while making this
Jun 6, 2020 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
the Peanuts and the fighting game parts caught me off guard lol

and why do i feel the uniform swap idea is gonna end up being a no-go lol
Jun 6, 2020 11:53 AM

Feb 2018
Mohammadalmannai said:
Primo_Itoko said:

The name is probably what the translator had come up with, but omfg I hope this means that S3 is confirmed, there were subtle foreshadowings in the past episodes that really don't mean anything but this... I hope it really means something.

It wasn't a translation issue. Unfortunately I still don't know how to properly upload images here but it was written 生徒会の真実 (seitokai no shinjitsu) at 04:54, so the translation is accurate. Plus the manga translation isn't wrong either, since they wouldn't mess it up that badly because neither 128 nor 138 (128 in the weekly YJ) have Student Council in it's name. Maybe I'm wrong and this means it's the 128th anime episode, in which case, season 6 confirmed lmao

Farabeuf said:

That Kaguya dance was an unexpected delight. And I might be mistaken, but a lot of those moves she did reminded me of Madonna's "Vogue" video. Am I the only one that thinks that?

When they pushed the play button it showed "Pose - Lady Donna" (11:18) so it's probably a reference to it.
Edit: I just watched the video it's DEFINITELY a reference to it.
Primo_ItokoJun 6, 2020 12:02 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

373 by IMPatoto »»
Oct 4, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

godcanute - May 3, 2020

204 by Xeehad »»
Aug 28, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

671 by _untitled »»
Aug 7, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

258 by _untitled »»
Aug 6, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2020

216 by _untitled »»
Aug 2, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.