Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mitsuki is back :o

Same with Kaori and there seems to be protesting. A pretty tense episode imo. I felt bad for Ayumi there. She's dealing with it surprisingly well. Takuya is being such a good guy this episode lol

Apr 16, 2019 7:38 AM

May 2017
Back on track, seemingly, with taking scenes directly from the VN. This entire episode showed scenes that actually took place in the VN (albeit changed up a little) which is nice to see after last episode which felt very odd and almost anime-original.

Things are starting to heat up and I'm hoping people subscribing to the "3 episode rule" are hooked enough by this episode to continue watching.

Technically though, it should really be a 6 episode rule because it's a 2 cour show :^)
phiraethApr 16, 2019 9:17 AM
Apr 16, 2019 1:04 PM

Oct 2017
Damn not bad, I like it, I'm getting subtle hint vibes dotted everywhere. More I listen to the OP and ED, the better it sounds too.
Apr 16, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
Felt bad for Ayumi.

Overall, not a bad episode.

Apr 16, 2019 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
Much better pacing than previous ep. I wonder why they decided to make this adaptation (almost) silent. VN has phenomenal OST (both original and "refreshed" OST in remake).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 16, 2019 1:36 PM
Jan 2018
rsc-pl said:
I wonder why they decided to make this adaptation (almost) silent. VN has phenomenal OST
Agreed.
http://www.nospoiler.com/y/Z8Nc9veMdec
http://www.nospoiler.com/y/uk3wFQuj7yk
http://www.nospoiler.com/y/2VzSEyDqK-E
http://www.nospoiler.com/y/KtPDYPG_MG4
http://www.nospoiler.com/y/5ayT597ciYI

On the other hand, I'm glad we got way more character development, especially for Ayumi. Many of her scenes from the game's prologue didn't make an appearance until now - I was worried they'd be cut entirely. I suspect a significant reason this anime has made a poor impression on people is because the first episode left out, like, half of the character development, but it's being remedied now.
LaukkuApr 16, 2019 1:56 PM
Apr 16, 2019 1:52 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I can understand Ayumi getting drunk after all the pressure. She's taking the blunt force of the public's opinion after the mysterious accidents. I'm glad that she still got Takuya, their relationship is heartwarming so far.

The media seems to be a big deal in the story so far, they are really taking any chance to get a story for the views, the woman reporter is one of them. They actually aired Ayumi getting thrown at with eggs, that's just humiliating.

Mitsuki got some weird headaches going on, i think that should be noted, that came out of nowhere and got some focus for a moment.

People are saying that something should happen soon to hook them in. Reminds me of Steins;Gate.

Seriously, i don't take a rushed product over a good slow paced one.

What i do want to see or rather hear is more music, i'm gonna agree on this. I've listened to some tracks from the OST of the game and they're damn good for setting atmosphere.

It would be neat if they actually go all out when it really starts to go wild.
Apr 16, 2019 3:47 PM

May 2017
Had to pause it just now from fangasming too hard and almost choking on a hot wing.

I haven't mentioned it before in the other threads, but I was worried the Elizabeth Taylor jokes wouldn't make it in due to not being important. But this episode just proved me wrong.

We have Elizabeth Taylor jokes. That's enough for me.
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Apr 16, 2019 4:37 PM

Mar 2019
i was thinking of dropping this after the last episode but this one conviced me to stay watching for a while
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Apr 16, 2019 4:38 PM

May 2017
transphinx said:
i was thinking of dropping this after the last episode but this one conviced me to stay watching for a while

Good, glad to have you on the ride!
Apr 16, 2019 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
So something that's been confusing me. Ayumi is supposedly his mom, but she's a fake mom, he knows it, but she doesn't know he knows since the first rewind?
Apr 16, 2019 4:43 PM

May 2017
blmatsu said:
People dropping the show after 3 eps is a bad decision. From this ep you can tell there is a lot of plot to cover and we've barely just begun

There's a reason why this is 26 episodes. It really is a slow burner, even the visual novel was, but it's well worth it.

taigasbacklogs said:
So something that's been confusing me. Ayumi is supposedly his mom, but she's a fake mom, he knows it, but she doesn't know he knows since the first rewind?

Ayumi is his stepmother. She's not fake at all. I'm not understanding what you're saying here.
Apr 16, 2019 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
taigasbacklogs said:

She's his step-mom, his father re-married her 6 months before the plot started. His real mom is long dead and his father died one month ago during Triangle Mountain cave-in. Some things are undone after the rewind but the things that happened before are literally same. He only has the ability to go back to the point where he saved his worldstate with Reflector so he can't really change that much.

Similiarly to Groundhog day, he's just using his newly acquired knowledge to find out things but the world around him is still the same when reset happens unlike Steins;gate where switch of the line equalled some fundamental change.
Apr 16, 2019 11:56 PM
Apr 2014
Flunky guy is definitely scheming something. It has been a slow start but I think I'll stick to watching this series till the end.
VizApr 17, 2019 2:13 AM
Apr 17, 2019 1:22 AM
Feb 2009
well Ayumi is definitely a hot step mother
Apr 17, 2019 3:05 AM

Aug 2016
that ridiculous chorus effect on the masses protesting is the laziest thing I ever listened to in a long time.
:v
Apr 17, 2019 3:36 AM

Jul 2017
Hey, finally a decent and good episode.

Seems that from these comments, it follows the VN, and definitely got that feel, with the plot hanging in the balance, and progressing like the usual slow burn it is.

Ayumi definitely had it bad, she seems fine now.
But...knowing this means there will be more on the way.
Apr 17, 2019 3:41 AM
Jan 2018
MichaelJackson said:
that ridiculous chorus effect on the masses protesting is the laziest thing I ever listened to in a long time.
Yeah. Coupled with the lacking music, it almost seems like this is a temp track and that they really screwed up the audio phase of production by not scheduling/budgeting for it properly.
Apr 17, 2019 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
Stop bullying Ayumi!!!

Apr 17, 2019 6:01 AM
Mar 2015
This is getting pretty good actually. Nice to see that Takuya can be a nice guy when it counts. Not a fan of the super suggestive sexual tension between Takuya and... well everyone but hey ho. Sad to see Ayumi-san so upset. Overall very decent. 4/5.
Apr 17, 2019 11:40 AM

Nov 2016
Guy who threw the eggs is my favorite character.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 17, 2019 4:42 PM

Aug 2018
Not a very intriguing episode but we got to know that the lightning storm happens when they carry things out of this place.

The teacher's outfit at least should be an efficient tool to catch her students' attention, though they would not follow the lesson but something else.
Apr 18, 2019 9:15 AM

Dec 2016
Man this show just bounces all over when it comes to contents of an episode, like how did we go from an episode all focused on using the time traveling powers to an episode where the powers were basically not mentioned once and it was pretty much a family drama episode, shit is wild
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 18, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2018
She asked her son, who was injured, who was at school, to go home and bring her the documents?
I accept that he was free, but is leaving school like that even allowed? And yea, I also agree that she was busy, but could she not send a trusted colleague to her home?

In the interview, she was asked that she isn't taking enough risks. Why should she be taking risks?

Not finding things reasonable enough, I'm out.
tresh54Apr 18, 2019 10:50 AM
Isekai for the brain, CGDCT for the heart
Yuri for the pain and seiyuus for the soul.

Apr 18, 2019 10:55 AM

May 2017
tanmay541091 said:
She asked her son, who was injured, who was at school, to go home and bring her the documents?
I accept that he was free, but is leaving school like that even allowed? And yea, I also agree that she was busy, but could she not send a trusted colleague to her home?

In the interview, she was asked that she isn't taking enough risks. Why should she be taking risks?

Leaving school like that is reasonable because school is closed for summer break. Takuya is only there for one or two remediation summer classes for a period of a few weeks to improve his grades. He is a delinquent, after all. That's why the school always looks so empty and deserted, because hardly anyone is there.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by the risks statement, could you clarify?
phiraethApr 18, 2019 10:59 AM
Apr 18, 2019 11:07 AM

Nov 2011
I don't know what to feel after these three episodes...I wanna say it's not a good anime but little things keep happening but they're not as interesting as I hoped they would be. Need more Takeda-sensei and Mitsuki in my life though.

Green hair reporter is kind of a bitch...even though shes just doing her job.

FMmatron said:

What you mean Freddie Mercury?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 18, 2019 11:55 AM

May 2017
SoraSenpai said:
I don't know what to feel after these three episodes...I wanna say it's not a good anime but little things keep happening but they're not as interesting as I hoped they would be. Need more Takeda-sensei and Mitsuki in my life though.

Green hair reporter is kind of a bitch...even though shes just doing her job.

FMmatron said:

What you mean Freddie Mercury?

Things will definitely get more interesting as the episodes go on - they've started with Ayumi's arc, however, which touches least on the mysteries out of all of the arcs. There are still some significant reveals/twists, but they get more shocking/interesting in the other 3 arcs.
Apr 18, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2018
ycleped said:
tanmay541091 said:

Leaving school like that is reasonable because school is closed for summer break. Takuya is only there for one or two remediation summer classes for a period of a few weeks to improve his grades. He is a delinquent, after all. That's why the school always looks so empty and deserted, because hardly anyone is there.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by the risks statement, could you clarify?

Fair enough.

That was a mistake on my part, she was asked that "she wasn't taking the risk seriously enough". My bad.
Isekai for the brain, CGDCT for the heart
Yuri for the pain and seiyuus for the soul.

Apr 18, 2019 1:43 PM

May 2017
tanmay541091 said:
ycleped said:

Fair enough.

That was a mistake on my part, she was asked that "she wasn't taking the risk seriously enough". My bad.

Thanks for admitting it was your mistake. Too many people are dropping this because "it doesn't make sense" when in reality, they're just not paying attention and missing important details.
phiraethApr 18, 2019 1:51 PM
Apr 19, 2019 2:26 AM

Oct 2008
they are blatantly bullying the hot young step-mom of MC those pesky media men/women!
4/5.
matias067Apr 19, 2019 2:34 AM

Apr 19, 2019 2:50 AM
Apr 2019
awesome anime so far, the 1 star bombers are making me angry. No way this shouldn't be at least in the 7s.
Apr 19, 2019 5:34 AM
Mar 2012
Lots of plot details planted. Flunky & Reporter obviously staging their acts, but no one calls out on them. It's not clear if Takuya's aware either.
Several folks have headaches & Kanna has fever & a marble. The Reflector's missing several marbles, but doesn't sound like Kanna would easily lend it out.
OP/ED sound great, but the osts one of the most lacking this season, mainly silence, and the few sound like rejects from some licensefree music pack.
Apr 19, 2019 8:58 AM

Mar 2019
elementex said:
awesome anime so far, the 1 star bombers are making me angry. No way this shouldn't be at least in the 7s.

Man you are new to anime and it shows. Your mean score is 9 and you gave lots of 10 (TEN) to bunch of TERRIBLE shows like Eromanga shit and a 1 (ONE) to Carole & Tuesday. You really shouldn't complain nor get angry about other's people scores LMAOOOO
Apr 19, 2019 9:01 AM

May 2017
Giulia14 said:
elementex said:

Man you are new to anime and it shows. Your mean score is 9 and you gave lots of 10 (TEN) to bunch of TERRIBLE shows like Eromanga shit and a 1 (ONE) to Carole & Tuesday. You really shouldn't complain nor get angry about other's people scores LMAOOOO

He's not wrong about this being a good show, though. It should be at least in the 7s.
Apr 19, 2019 9:42 AM

Sep 2011
I could only care about the hot chicks on this series.

His step-mom is so hot goddamn.

Apr 19, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2019
ycleped said:
Giulia14 said:

He's not wrong about this being a good show, though. It should be at least in the 7s.

ahahahahah. No. And if it stays that bad it won't even reach 7.5 by the end. Signed.
Apr 19, 2019 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
Giulia14 said:
ycleped said:

ahahahahah. No. And if it stays that bad it won't even reach 7.5 by the end. Signed.

I endured and watched 3 episode and this show isnt worth more than 5 . I agree
Apr 19, 2019 2:36 PM
Apr 2019
Giulia14 said:
elementex said:

lol carole and tuesday is yuri trash, eromanga sensei is amazing.
Apr 19, 2019 3:19 PM

Mar 2019
elementex said:
Giulia14 said:

lol carole and tuesday is yuri trash, eromanga sensei is amazing.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you call a normal friendship between 2 girls "yuri" but actually like Eroshit sensei which is garbage ECCHI. Feels bad for you :(
Apr 19, 2019 5:03 PM

May 2017
Giulia14 said:
\

Berserkerhealer said:

I endured and watched 3 episode and this show isnt worth more than 5 . I agree

How exactly is it bad so far?

You guys do know there's a reason why YU-NO is consistently ranked on both Western and Japanese sites as one of the best visual novels of all time, right?

It's a slow burner, I'll admit that. There's a reason for it, though - there's been a lot of foreshadowing so far that you guys have completely missed because you're too busy complaining about it being "boring" or something.

Besides the distinct lack of OST, the adaptation so far has been great. People like you guys just like hating a show and contribute no valid reasons to why you don't care for it. If you have some though, I'd definitely be interested in hearing what you have to say!
Apr 19, 2019 7:02 PM

May 2018
Ya know it kinda looks like that they're intentionally slowing this anime down in order to accommodate a full 26 episode, cu'z this ep was more like a filler.......Also, it kinda looks like that Takuya and his cute step mom where starting to like each other not like that of a parent and child but as lovers cu'z both seems to hint each other, then again it looks like the step mom is probably in her early 20's.
Apr 19, 2019 8:08 PM

May 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ya know it kinda looks like that they're intentionally slowing this anime down in order to accommodate a full 26 episode, cu'z this ep was more like a filler.......Also, it kinda looks like that Takuya and his cute step mom where starting to like each other not like that of a parent and child but as lovers cu'z both seems to hint each other, then again it looks like the step mom is probably in her early 20's.

...........this episode had no filler whatsoever, I'm not sure what you're going on about. Ayumi also is 25.
Apr 20, 2019 5:58 AM

May 2018
ycleped said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

...........this episode had no filler whatsoever, I'm not sure what you're going on about. Ayumi also is 25.

Well nothing epic has happen, and the anime is going slow jaz to accommodate a 26 episode airing time, ok so the step mom is 25 so I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT HER AGE, SO EXCUSSSSSSSSSSSE MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 20, 2019 6:21 AM

May 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
ycleped said:

Well nothing epic has happen, and the anime is going slow jaz to accommodate a 26 episode airing time, ok so the step mom is 25 so I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT HER AGE, SO EXCUSSSSSSSSSSSE MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not going slow, the pacing is actually being rushed. Just because nothing epic has happened doesn't mean it's going slow. The story here is a slow burner in the beginning and there's quite a bit of world building and character/plot development before crazy stuff starts to happen.

In a perfect world, this would be 52 episodes to accurately adapt every scene. 26 episodes isn't enough for how much content is in the visual novel. It's rushing stuff right now.
Apr 20, 2019 6:26 AM

May 2018
ycleped said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

It's not going slow, the pacing is actually being rushed. Just because nothing epic has happened doesn't mean it's going slow. The story here is a slow burner in the beginning and there's quite a bit of world building and character/plot development before crazy stuff starts to happen.

In a perfect world, this would be 52 episodes to accurately adapt every scene. 26 episodes isn't enough for how much content is in the visual novel. It's rushing stuff right now.

It still a filler to me, and that's how I see it........
Apr 20, 2019 6:29 AM

May 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

It's filler to you because you don't know where the overarching plot is going.

Everything that's been shown so far is significant and has some sort of importance to the major plot. It will take a while to see, but the amount of foreshadowing in the first 3 episodes is astounding. It's the type of show that when all is said and done, you can go back and rewatch the first 3 episodes and see how many spoilers are there that you didn't notice before.

I can assure that nothing has been filler despite what it may seem. Everything is plot relevant.
Apr 20, 2019 6:38 AM

May 2018
ycleped said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Everything that's been shown so far is significant and has some sort of importance to the major plot. It will take a while to see, but the amount of foreshadowing in the first 3 episodes is astounding. It's the type of show that when all is said and done, you can go back and rewatch the first 3 episodes and see how many spoilers are there that you didn't notice before.

I can assure that nothing has been filler despite what it may seem. Everything is plot relevant.

Blah blah blah, whatever.....................Cu'z in the end either ur entertained or ur not entertained and right now this episode wasn't entertaining .
Apr 20, 2019 6:40 AM

May 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
ycleped said:

Blah blah blah, whatever.....................

You sound like a petulant child. Why even bother posting your thoughts if you're not willing to hear criticism or disagreement?
Apr 20, 2019 6:54 AM

May 2018
ycleped said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Blah blah blah, whatever.....................

You sound like a petulant child. Why even bother posting your thoughts if you're not willing to hear criticism or disagreement?

Well unlike you I'm not that serious when it come to the facts of the anime , cu'z in the end either ur entertained or ur not entertained and right now this episode wasn't entertaining and That's that....... in fact I don't give a rat's ass about anybody who want's to say in this forum , they can say whatever they want and they wont be hearing from me, beside it's jaz an anime.....nothing to be serious about, if there is anything to be serious, it's taxes, traffic, mortgage, health insurance , parking tickets, and whatever saving you got left in your bank acct, not anime fact like this. kid.

Apr 20, 2019 6:57 AM

May 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
ycleped said:

Well unlike you I'm not that serious when it come to the facts of the anime , cu'z in the end either ur entertained or ur not entertained and right now this episode wasn't entertaining and That's that....... in fact I don't give a rat's ass about anybody who want's to say in this forum , they can say whatever they want and they wont be hearing from me, beside it's jaz an anime.....nothing to be serious about, if there is anything to be serious, it's taxes, traffic, mortgage, health insurance , parking tickets, and whatever saving you got left in your bank acct, not anime fact like this. kid.

This is a discussion board, *discussion* emphasized. I'm not saying it's serious, I'm discussing a show and responding to your comment that I thought was off-base. If you don't care about what others have to say on a discussion board, then don't post. The sole purpose of posting here is for discussion, which inherently means you care about what others have to say, simply by posting.

If you didn't find the episode entertaining, fine, but it's silly to have this reaction to me explaining why it wasn't filler.

My point was the plot is slow at first, it's not filler, and it will start getting more intense soon.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

53 by Buhay127 »»
Jul 10, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

246 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.