Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this epsiode decided to give Mitsuru more screen time. Honestly, I find his personality hard to get used to and someone that just can hardly get along with anyone.

The action is the usual stuff with the robot action and fighting. On most parts, I did like how the episode showcased his abilities. Personally, I'm not impressed but Mitsuru's skills but the Klaxosaur they're fighting is unusually tough.

A pretty serious episode with little comedy this week. This better not be a death flag for Kokoro
Stark700Mar 24, 2018 10:13 AM
Mar 24, 2018 7:58 AM

Feb 2018
Only one word : "baited" xD
Mar 24, 2018 7:59 AM

Apr 2015
Thought it was pretty decent. By now they should really change the formula as it is getting quite old now.

I am now hoping that the second core will be much better than the first.

I am glad they did not kill of Kokoro as she seems to be vital in terms of having information on how babies are born.
Mar 24, 2018 8:11 AM
Aug 2017
While I like learning more about Mitsuru, even if it was something that was already obvious, the show really needs to just get on with the narrative. Also kokoro and futoshi are only slightly less boring than they were before still don't care about them. Ikuno is also still a boring character gay or not.
Mar 24, 2018 8:11 AM

Jul 2017
Lmao, this anime gets worse and worse every week. It's hilarious that people thought this was going to be the next TTGL or KLK. I'm just watching it for 02 at this point.
Mar 24, 2018 8:16 AM

Apr 2015
A lot of interesting dynamics and mysteries were tackled this Episode, I need to see the subbed version to be definitely sure about some of them though.

What immediately became clear though is that the shot of Oni Zero Two in the snow is definitely in the past and it's most likely Hiro as he wears the some clothing & he seems to have went out for a while.

Action was stellar this Episode. I'm glad they brought back Shikama and let him go wild with his Star Driver esque action, definitely superior to anything Imaishi has done thus far. Kouno, Asaka and Takada, veterans from the Im@s series did lots to help him out. A-1 you really blew me away this time.
Mar 24, 2018 8:20 AM

May 2013
Fappa said:

What immediately became clear though is that the shot of Oni Zero Two in the snow is definitely in the past and it's most likely Hiro as he wears the some clothing & he seems to have went out for a while.

Did they hint something regarding this case in episode 11?
Mar 24, 2018 8:26 AM

Feb 2018
CodeKeima said:
Fappa said:

I think Hiro could have lost a part of his memory.
He didn't remember a promise of him to Mitsuru too.
Mar 24, 2018 8:27 AM

Apr 2015
CodeKeima said:

They showed Hiro wearing the exact same coat that appears in the image with someone holding Zero Two's hand in her Oni form. Hiro also suddenly changed completely in his behavior. It's very likely that this is the "maintenance" that the Adults were talking about, pretty much a memory wipe.
Mar 24, 2018 8:44 AM

Feb 2018
Fappa said:
CodeKeima said:

They showed Hiro wearing the exact same coat that appears in the image with someone holding Zero Two's hand in her Oni form. Hiro also suddenly changed completely in his behavior. It's very likely that this is the "maintenance" that the Adults were talking about, pretty much a memory wipe.

I agree.

That also might explain why she's searching for a darling

If you're right, it's Hiro.
Mar 24, 2018 9:04 AM

Jul 2014
This was a pretty slow and bad episode, felt like a chore watching the whole thing, get on with the narrative!
Mar 24, 2018 9:12 AM
Aug 2014
Whats wrong with this anime? Again fighting klaxosaur with the same old formula and now focusing on mitsuru? And no one dies? Are we watching some kind of ultraman show?
The show is getting more and more dissapointing each episode. Im dropping my score from 8 to 6/10. I originally gave it a 10/10 by episode 7. If Next episode again we had this fighting klaxosaur and strelizia saving the day with the same stupid music tone, im going to drop the score down to 4/10
Mar 24, 2018 9:34 AM

Dec 2017
i think i like mitsuru the most as a character in this show. this was another drama in the franxx episode, but was still pretty good, especially the animation

the ending song still doesn't fit any of the endings imo
Mar 24, 2018 9:36 AM

Dec 2009
Love is a two way street.

Ikuno, Ichigo, and now Futoshi have shown that you can love someone deeply but if that affection isn't returned the connection will never properly work.

Ichigo couldn't connect with Ikuno, Hiro couldn't maintain connection with Ichigo, and Futoshi and Kokoro's connection was on the low end if earlier screenshots are to be believed.
Mar 24, 2018 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
hope this won't end like a great heroine trapped in shitty anime ^^;
Mar 24, 2018 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Felt bad for Futoshi episode.

Kokoro is best girl along with Zero Two, she understands what it means to be human. :(
I'm glad she was able to talk Mitsuru into believing in himself.

Wonder what caused Hiro to become devoid of personality, his younger self is a lot livelier.

That said, there is a little too much focus on character drama at this point, not that it's a bad thing but using too much time on this might mean they'll have to make sacrifices elsewhere if they're trying to go for a more 'grand' plot.
Mar 24, 2018 9:43 AM
Feb 2018
GreenEmu said:
Lmao, this anime gets worse and worse every week. It's hilarious that people thought this was going to be the next TTGL or KLK. I'm just watching it for 02 at this point.

It seems to be getting better and better to me..
Mar 24, 2018 9:44 AM
Feb 2018
uninstallthegame said:

I've seen other people say that too.. yet I always seem to think it fits perfectly!
Mar 24, 2018 9:45 AM

Jun 2015
This was an okay episode, the drama was a bit too much for me tbh and I didn't care much for it. Poor Futoshi got shafted by Kokoro, what a hoe. Mitsuru’s backstory felt kinda lackluster, and his win was annoying. Looks like pistil to pistil won't work.
Mar 24, 2018 9:48 AM
Jun 2015
That NTR really was unpredicted-NOT
Poor Futoshi
For a moment there I thought that Misturu has the hots for Hiro
Great episode except for the unexplained-NOT NTR
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2018 9:50 AM

Dec 2017
Heiach said:
uninstallthegame said:

I've seen other people say that too.. yet I always seem to think it fits perfectly!

the song is called 'beautiful world', it feels too happy to me and with this setup i'd rather hear something sad or melancholic, or depressing even
Mar 24, 2018 9:56 AM
Oct 2017
why are the monster designs so phoned in? its almost the end of the first cour and there's been only one interesting klaxosaur. the one in this episode is literally just a walking table
bitchassdariusMar 24, 2018 10:13 AM
Mar 24, 2018 10:01 AM

Apr 2012
uninstallthegame said:
oh, and i REALLY hope they won't do anything to ikuno's character, 'cause after this pistil-to-pistil scene tumblr and twitter fandom fags are gonna claim she's lesbian or bisexual

and that's gonna turn out really shitty

Lol, dude, they are already sure that the show wants to say that she is a lesbian who is in love with Ichigo, interpreting any of their scenes together as a one-sided ship tease.
Mar 24, 2018 10:01 AM

May 2015
This anime is full of shit
Mar 24, 2018 10:04 AM

Aug 2015
Kokoro you're dead to me. Now if she goes back to Futoshi then maybe not. But as things are I don't like this shuffle. What exactly is Kokoro then if she's not this nice and innocent girl? Oh you read a book about pregnancy and now you're different? I need more details about.her past. what's going on with Ikuno too? Is she gonna confess to Ichigo too? Holy moly if that happens this will really turn into some teenage angst nonsense. Anyways sorry Futoshi, hopefully you'll get some development from this and maybe find out Ikuno was better for you. I would love to see him ignore her for awhile instead of him just trying to hold it together whenever Kokoro is around. Also Zero Two, what's going on with you? Talk to Hiro, he wants to help you. Don't drag him to his death. You two are the otp this season.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Mar 24, 2018 10:05 AM

Feb 2017
I guess the point of this episode was to make us like or understand Mitsuru more, but it only made me dislike him even more than before. Poor poor Futoshi, I feel betrayed almost as much as he does. Kokoro is a thot. How could she betray pure, innocent Futoshi like that?
Overall ok episode, I think this drama could have been done a lot better.
Mar 24, 2018 10:06 AM

Aug 2011
I have a theory.

There's something called "Turner Syndrome". Persons with it have 3 chromosomes (XXX in this case) they're sterile and their second sexual characters aren't developed.

This Could be showed in the series by the fact of they don't know anything about the feelings or the sex stuffs, and with the fact of that they cant become into adults because, how we all saw in the last episode, "adults" just live together to have childs, and between them, with some proofs, just few of them are choosed to be "infected" with the "yellow globules", with this, they probably get infected with the third chromosome, getting them into sterile childs, so, impeding them get into adults, cause they won't do what adults do in that world.

And maybe, just maybe, that 3rd chromose, is the F, how you can see in the op "FXX". That would explain why the name of "FranXX" with clearly that two X's doing reference to the chromosomes
Mar 24, 2018 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
Good to see some action, even though it's still in "character development" phase. Bet next episode will focus on Ikuno, Futoshi or Kokoro.
But, 2nd cour should be great just like other's Trigger works.
Mar 24, 2018 10:11 AM

Nov 2016
Lol,Futoshi got dumpedwe all know cause he's a fatty

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 24, 2018 10:17 AM

Mar 2013

NTR in the Franxx.

Poor Futoshi hahahhaa.
Mar 24, 2018 10:20 AM

Sep 2017
Wasn't expecting a character focused episode this week, but I enjoyed it anyway. The partner shuffle potentially being permanent is interesting. Mitsuru will definitely work better with Kokoro anyway. Not sure how Futoshi will fair. Kokoro just couldn't return the feelings Futoshi was giving her so I guess it was kinda awkward. Hopefully we'll see something that makes us believe Futoshi and Ikuno are a good match.

Also, it would be cool if the intro changes to incorporate the partner swap. Though, we may be getting an entirely new intro pretty soon...
Mar 24, 2018 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
I'm sorry ya'll this episode had me dying the whole way through.
I knew Ikuno's suggestion of a pistil x pistil pair wasn't going to work so I couldn't help but laugh at how 100% predictable that was.

Kokoro switching from Futoshi to Mitsuru and seeing Futoshi devastated was way funnier than it should have been.

Mitsuru's whole situation just felt so petty to me I couldn't help but laugh at that too.

Then to top it all off the show pulls off yet another triumphant moment in the end even though it shits all over the previous episode's tone.
What am I missing here? What is going on with this show?

I will say that this episode's production value was definitely on point though especially toward the end so I'll give it that.
MiiyoSonMar 24, 2018 10:35 AM
Mar 24, 2018 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
More sexual innuendos and angsty teenage drama in this episode.

Sucks that FAToshi Futoshi got thrown to the curb in favor of Mitsuru but hey, life's a bitch. We also got hints that Ikuno is probably a lesbian. Which after this episode, really wouldn't surprise me.

Also, not gonna lie, after Ikuno's pistil-pistil suggestion, I thought we were gonna see a stamen-stamen suggestion lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Mar 24, 2018 10:27 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Kokoro is officially a thot.
These hoes aint loyal
Mar 24, 2018 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
I'm getting sick of this episodic teen drama format. It's been like that since Episode 6.

I really like drama anime, but the plot of this anime is of a such poor quality...

I think I will give one more episode before dropping this. Too bad I had a lot of faith about Hiro and 02 characterization and interactions. The world was promising enough to have some really good plot about survival of the couple.

Mar 24, 2018 10:37 AM

Mar 2016
The partner shuffle was quite interesting, and I can't say I like Mitsuru even after this episode, but I'll say I dislike him a lot less now. Also, I found it interesting that Berserk / Stampede Mode isn't really something unique to 02 at all, though I guess Ichigo was technically in it during the mock battle back in episode 2.
I do feel bad for Futoshi, though...he's a good man.
The biggest surprise for me was Kokoro, of all people, taking more of an initiative in this episode, though according to Mitsuru, she's always been quite reckless, tbf.
Mar 24, 2018 10:44 AM
Mar 2018
I think this “narrative” is not based on a straightforward plot, but a plot made up of multiple anecdotes or stories with various story aspects dropped in certain moments. Questions appear like: Why did Hiro change from cheerful to depressed? What possible scheme could the adults be up to that could result in such change? What is this serum they were talking about and this disease that flares up in Mitsuru? etc, etc...

Darling in the Franxx’s strongest point is the ability to narrate a story without having to shoehorn in obvious plot points and to make the viewer think about what might be happening. It certainly works for the world-building aspect of the series, but does it work for the plot and characters? It’s really up to the viewer’s opinion.

Anyways, this episode actually made me appreciate Mitsuru much more than I had initially thought while making me have mixed feelings for Futoshi. Kokoro seems to be the most human of the cast so far and Ikuno still has a ways to go.

Regardless of the character drama, I still enjoyed it.
Mar 24, 2018 10:45 AM

Mar 2016
Ryunske said:
I think this “narrative” is not based on a straightforward plot, but a plot made up of multiple anecdotes or stories with various story aspects dropped in certain moments. Questions appear like: Why did Hiro change from cheerful to depressed? What possible scheme could the adults be up to that could result in such change? What is this serum they were talking about and this disease that flares up in Mitsuru? etc, etc...

Darling in the Franxx’s strongest point is the ability to narrate a story without having to shoehorn in obvious plot points and to make the viewer think about what might be happening. It certainly works for the world-building aspect of the series, but does it work for the plot and characters? It’s really up to the viewer’s opinion.

Anyways, this episode actually made me appreciate Mitsuru mich more than I had initially thought while making me have mixed feelings for Futoshi. Kokoro seems to be the most human of the cast so far and Ikuno still has a ways to go.

Regardless of the character drama, I still enjoyed it.

"Shoehorn"? A term I never heard before, but I somehow already can guess what it means...LOL
But yea, I agree for the most part with what you said
Mar 24, 2018 10:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Is Kokoro now MItusur's partner foreva?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 24, 2018 10:49 AM

Nov 2009
The best side character ep was the Mitsuru/Kokoro one of course, learned a ton about Hiro as well.
Mar 24, 2018 10:58 AM

Sep 2008
Ryuseishun said:
I can't say I like Mitsuru even after this episode, but I'll say I dislike him a lot less now

I have the same opinion - from all the 10 children, Mitsuru is still the one I like the least...
Mar 24, 2018 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
I was right , mitsuru is indeed gay, Gay for hiro !!!!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 24, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2017
We need people to die now! really, I'm getting bored that something interesting happens.
A lot of "romance" and little "action"
ReppiTMar 24, 2018 11:39 AM
~~
Mar 24, 2018 11:10 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I'm glad to see that Ikuno, Kokoro, and Mitsuru have all have had some much needed character development. Although Ikuno's character is still quite the mystery, it's great to finally understand why Mitsuru holds resentment towards Hiro and that Kokoro is becoming more than just the 'nice girl that everyone likes'. However, the ending where Mitsuru promises Futoshi that he'll protect Kokoro definitely sets up her death flag. I'm sorry people, I don't want it to happen either but it's very likely at the point.

This episode did leave me hoping for answers in regards to both Hiro "forgetting" his promise with Mitsuru (something tells me that's not all that Hiro would have forgotten) and why Zero Two is acting very dismissive and anxious. I expect to find my answer about Zero Two in the next episode, but I doubt anything conclusive will be found about Hiro and what the adults did to him until near the end of the series.
May 2014
I feel like it's flying over everyone's heads in favor of "Kokoro is a whore" and "poor Futoshi got cucked" though.

Barely anyone is even talking about Mitsuru's development. Am I the only one who thought it was cool of him to let Futoshi punch him at the end? The kid knows he messed up, and he knows that Futoshi is hurting. That's a great improvement.

Feb 2013
Kokoro is now a pretty interesting character. Mitsuru and Kokoro had a much more interesting relationship even when they weren't partners so now this is much better.

Futoshi and Ikuno will sure die and bite the bullet.
Mar 24, 2018 11:17 AM
Jan 2018
what did 02 mean by this? this episode is specular to 5, probably in ep 12 hiro / 02 will solve everything ... hiro will manage to eliminate the stubbornness of 02 ... I hope in this kiss
Mar 24, 2018 11:28 AM
Jan 2018
I kinda hate that this has turned into the monster of the week. They fight a monster, drama happens, and we get less and less 02 time. I honestly don't care about all of the other pairings at this point, all I want to watch is 02 and Hiro. I don't think we have heard a single darling in like 3 freaking episodes. I just don't know how we got to Ikuno wanting to clam slam ichigo while Mitsuru wants to sword fight with hiro. We have futoshi being a creepy stalker for Kokoro and Kokoro is bending over backwards for Mitsuru even though he struggles to get it up for pistils. We get basically 30 seconds of screen time for best couple and they are fighting all of the sudden even though the last time we saw them they were happy together. The fuck happened between them over the past few episode.... I care more about that then watching the other parasites. Go back to how it was during boy x girl. Have the episode split between bedt couple time and crappy couple time....
Mar 24, 2018 11:30 AM
Jan 2018
Angel942 said:
what did 02 mean by this? this episode is specular to 5, probably in ep 12 hiro / 02 will solve everything ... hiro will manage to eliminate the stubbornness of 02 ... I hope in this kiss

They literally can't switch partners. Physically. Hiro can't get it up for anyone else except her and she kills everyone except him. I don't think there is much more behind it since for some reason they are st odds with each other even though the last time we see them they are happy together. This is what happens when they ignore the best couple for other bs couple drama.
Mar 24, 2018 11:30 AM

Mar 2012
Honestly, it feels like the people hating on this are hipsters. It's easily getting better and better each episode.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.