Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I gotta admit, this show has some nice craft whether it's on food or just art itself.

The episode was okay, felt slightly different as it ws much more relaxing. My favorite part is when Koharu and her friends doing their dance with their colorful yutaka. Adorable~

Ending of this episode gave me some chills.
Jun 7, 2017 9:29 AM

Apr 2010
They came up with another crazy idea and it made for a hilarious episode.
Now i wonder what will happen next seeing the cliff-hanger things could get nice.
Anyway Ririko didn't seem to mind the rain that much.
Jun 7, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
Got to know more about Ririko. She's been the same since she was a kid. She and Shiori became friends at school. It was unexpected to see Sandal playing the violin. He's pretty good. The girls look pretty in their yutakas. The dance they were doing was nice. It's too bad the rain ruined everything. That ending though.
Jun 7, 2017 10:34 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Riri needs to come out more without the help of the group, me thinks. Make an effort, i don't think she ever made an effort, probably due to her uniqueness and unique hobbies.
Jun 7, 2017 11:03 AM

May 2015
Ayy, now it's time for more Ririko! Also, more Sandal-san than usual in this episode, which was great XD. Quite the creepy ending somehow, which I didn't expect.

Great and funny episode.

Jun 7, 2017 11:03 AM
Jul 2016
And this was realy nice episode
Jun 7, 2017 11:09 AM

Oct 2010
Wow, feels like there's groundswell for good old anomalocaris lately, between the one in the SnK2 OP (in my sig) and Ririko's playdough one. Ririko too perfect to be real <3
Jun 7, 2017 11:13 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode as always! Ending was a bit creepy though.
Jun 7, 2017 11:32 AM

Oct 2015
Each new episode I love Yoshino more and more

Jun 7, 2017 12:41 PM

Sep 2013
Match making event with only 3 city girls.
Riri is a unique loner girl but she's a good girl :'(
Jun 7, 2017 12:51 PM

Jan 2015
An Episode that have "extra" Focus on Ririko. Feels kinda sad, at how she feels different even when she's already on the Team.
Can't determine who's really steal the attention of those three tourists. Sandal or Kindaichi. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 7, 2017 1:56 PM

Nov 2016
This episode was highly enjoyable again. I also had some good laughs, like when Yoshino made the reference with the reverse harem or Erika was mocking the women from the tour xD

The end was kinda creepy, wonder if the hairy dude is actually a threat or just a member of the Community Club who is late.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 7, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
Sandal made me burst out laughing when he started to play the wedding song with his violin. I completely didn't expect that, but because of that, it made the moment more memorable. =)

It was inevitable that Ririko would get more screentime now. She was pretty much the same in her past as she is now. She also first met Shiori in elementary school with the discussion of the extinct anomalocaris. An interesting way to start a friendship I'd say. ^_^

The whole tour itself was amusing as the many guys try their best to charm the three ladies. Kindaichi did the best out of all of them though, but thanks to the storm, things are getting pretty interesting. Also, what's with the guy coming out of the lake? Is he related to the dragon? I hope he appears again...

Looking forward to more focus on Ririko next time. =)
Jun 7, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2016
idk why but sandal-san is the best character in this series
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 7, 2017 3:03 PM

Dec 2016
Decent episode, had some funny moments.

Not sure if any of those community clubs men have a chance.

What a shame that rain came out of nowhere I was enjoying that part.

I wonder who that scary looking man at the end was?

Looks like Riri might want to get involved after seeing the next preview.
Jun 7, 2017 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
This was a terrific episode. 10/10 for me. Ririko is the character I most relate to. We have similar tastes and even backgrounds - I was a "weird" kid from kindergarten through 12th grade.

The dancing scene was great. Sandal-san was hilarious the way he misunderstood the purpose of the matchmaking event at first.

So sad that almost no one is really like the characters in these shows.
Jun 7, 2017 5:52 PM

Aug 2016
Groynin said:
Each new episode I love Yoshino more and more

Agreed.

Deym somewhat Ririko-centered episode. Must protect that smile...oh wait she doesn't smile. Oh well...

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 7, 2017 7:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ririko seems to be the last to get her own arc and I think this is the one I'm expecting the most from because out of all the girls, she's easily the one with the most room to grow as a person

The match making stuff was fun though and I really enjoyed the dialogue between the girls as well as watching them perform that dance
Jun 7, 2017 7:34 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

We're finally on Ririko's arc. She was quite the loner due to her unique hobbies but I really liked the moment in her past where she and Shiori became friends.

The match making stuff was pretty fun to watch and the dance at the end was great. Would have loved to see Riri dance with the girls.

That ending was like some horror story. XD

Also, Sandal is awesome.
Jun 7, 2017 8:42 PM

Apr 2017
Likeable episode as always! I enjoyed it when three girls were included in match making between Manoyama's men and the dance performance of Yoshino and friends. Poor Ruri, she should also participate but I think, she feel ashamed to do it. Everything ends in cliffhanger so I am looking forward to the next.
Jun 7, 2017 9:25 PM

Mar 2016
A nice episode overall with a seriously depressing undertone with Riri and a very ominous ending with the dragon and the rain and the guy coming out of the water. I hope they explain a little more in the next episode but overall another successful episode
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 7, 2017 9:34 PM
Oct 2015
i was really looking forward to ririko's arc but the matchmaking ruined it for me
Jun 7, 2017 10:21 PM

May 2016
We got some major conformations in this episode.

1. The Bus driver is married most likely to Fortune Teller. Erika confirmed to have the most beautiful genes in Manoyama. Now that I think of it, Angelica and Erika are pretty Western names to appear in a random rural Japanese town. They don't appear to be non-Japanese like Sandal-san (because all Westerners in anime are blond(e) and blue eyed).
2. Sandal-san is most likely nordic. I also have a feeling that he met Riri's parents in the past. Two lovers and confirmation that they were alive seems to allude to Riri's dead parents. Could the mystery man also be related to Riri?

I feel this episode is the set up for a really hard hitting one next week. The ending not only did it start raining, looks like the dance brought up bad memories for Riri and to top it off, they angered their god by breaking its hundreds of years old idol. Bad times are ahead.

BTW: Riri has great taste in Cambrian life. Little Shiori needs to play more gen 3 Pokemon.
TakenMalUsernameJun 7, 2017 10:32 PM
Jun 8, 2017 2:01 AM

Apr 2016
It's about time! My girl Ririko's arc! <3
Since she's my favorite character in the anime, I am excited on how she will develop her character after this arc's ending as she's so far has not done any significant progress from the bunch.
Love seeing those flashback scenes when she was young. Man! Maybe the reason that I really like her coz her personality is quite similar to mine though she definitely has more trivial knowledge than I do. :D
Can't wait for next week's episode!
Jun 8, 2017 3:39 AM

Apr 2016
Nice episode (as always).

I'm pretty sure that "seal" guy appearing from water is "Ex" of one of the women that come to that meeting xD
Jun 8, 2017 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
More focus on Riri in this episode. A Riri arc. It was nice that Shiori became her friend. Yoshino has gotten used to being in Manoyama.

Sandal-san just stole all the attention. I want more Sandal-san. Takamizawa wasn't bad either.

Eirka's mocking the women was funny. "Ooold... haaags..." XD

That ending though.

Jun 8, 2017 9:39 AM

Sep 2015
I have to say I find it very ironic this is the same studio who did Shirobako. An expertly made show about all the love and care that goes into making anime. And a series whose production quality has started to bottom out around 10 episodes in. It's mainly the character models that are suffering. And it's not heinous or anything. But this episode was riddled with characters barely looking like themselves anymore from certain angles. I guess all of PA Works money is going into the by contrast breathtakingly beautiful Uchoten Kazoku 2 right now. Who knows maybe when that one wraps up, the animation on this series will improve.

As far as the content of this episode, I basically liked it. The singles tour wasn't the most riveting concept they've come up with. But I liked Riri's growing melancholy. All the flashbacks, especially the super sweet one with lil Shiori, were great and compelling. Not much was done with her sadness and alienation. But it seems like that will be the forefront of next weeks follow up. And as Riri is the last character who needs an overcoming baggage/strengthening of resolve arc I'm excited for it.

I will say this episode ended very quickly. The first half of this series has been almost entirely a succession of two part arcs. And I think quite a few of the first episodes of these arcs have had trouble making good cliffhangers. But this one was especially just drop the ball as soon as it got rolling and hit the credits. The cursed dragon thing is weird but will probably have an easy resolution next time. But what the hell was that guy coming out of the river? I'm at a loss.
Jun 8, 2017 9:54 AM

Jul 2016
What a clever idea to get tourist. lol xD
Light and fun episode, I really did enjoyed it.
Jun 8, 2017 3:47 PM

Dec 2014
I'd rather see so much Riri! The back story on her is kinda sad but since she got introduced i figured her backstory would be like that.

I wonder what Riri is thinking walking through the rain after hearing that story.

That dance LOL

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Jun 9, 2017 2:29 AM

Mar 2013
Nice episode. Tho it was kinda embarrassing watching matchmaking tour haha.

Bus driver is actually married :OO
I wonder who's the wife.

Yoshino and other girls looked so pretty during the Manoyama dance <3
Jun 9, 2017 5:02 AM

Feb 2014
This week was fun!! That Erika though.XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 9, 2017 8:18 AM

Aug 2008
So Ririko was a water dragon all along?! What a twist!
Jun 9, 2017 11:38 AM

Jan 2017
great episode focus in Ririko. I know some people who lives in tiny towns and feel like an alien... It´s like the solitude increased by ten. I really got a bit sad about Riri aparent solitude. I hope that she don´t get troubles in that rain! P.A.Works is a studio that don´t make the characters pass for bad and frightning moments... isn´t it?

(At this moment, I remember tha P.A.Works made Another... chiiiillll!!!!!)
Jun 12, 2017 2:28 AM

Apr 2017
It's funny and cute to see Riri and Shiori in children form. It's like they're just given a smaller body but with exactly the same head as adults. XD

Hohoho, more cultural content in this and upcoming episode~ Great for us to get to know about traditional Japanese culture~

SANDAL-SAN GOT THE SPOTLIGHT THIS WEEK. WOOP
Jun 12, 2017 10:43 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Oh my, didn't expect Riri's episode to go into a cliffhanger.I like the focus they are giving her.

The wedding song was so hilarious and random lol

Jun 15, 2017 2:00 AM
Apr 2017
Beautiful episode. I really liked the dragon girl story. And i get to hear Sandal-san and Riri-chan's singing voice.
Jun 16, 2017 7:03 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! They left with three men, and in the end, an army gathered. Then they say that it's not true, that's just a fluff of ... no further comment. Finally came the arc of Ririko, I hope they do a good introspection.
Jun 17, 2017 2:41 PM

Feb 2008
The three women that signed up for the tour deserve some praise for their bravery...
Jun 19, 2017 12:17 PM

May 2017
This has definitely been my favorite episode so far. It had a somewhat different tone from the rest of the show which I liked. Ririko is such a great character and I'm psyched their taking (hopefully, I have yet to see 11) two episodes to focus on her.
gerandum_connorJun 19, 2017 12:32 PM
Jun 22, 2017 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
Ririko's moment! I am looking forward to see more.
Jul 17, 2017 2:41 PM

Jan 2014
I'm guessing Riri knows the full story about the dragon, because of her UMA interests. She probably likes, sympathizes with the dragon, and doesn't like the dance because of it.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 26, 2017 4:26 AM

Aug 2016
I love that foreigner guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2017 4:22 AM

Aug 2016
Riri-chan best girl.
Nanika ga Okashii
Aug 25, 2017 7:39 AM

Jun 2016
Someone give Riri a hug! Waaaah. :/

The matchmaking tour looks so fun and awkward. Hehe. :D I hope the 3 tourists are having a great time.

As always, Sandal's being weird again. Hahaha. But at the same time being a cutie. :D

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 1, 2017 10:58 AM

May 2012
Well that was pretty nice, really looking forwards to see what's next! But boy that ending :o
Nov 18, 2017 6:05 AM

Apr 2011
Its Riri's time for development. The matchmaking looks awkward, but Yoshino and co are doing their best to make the ladies happy.
Nov 30, 2017 8:32 PM

Aug 2012
-oh man is this gonna be a riri ep
-aw riri's suggestion was the only one to get shot down in the car ride
-i don't remember exactly whether shiori and riri are the same age, but what seemed like their first meeting was pretty adorable
-thots in manoyama
-i'd want to be a foodo fighter
-jesus fuckin christ erika
-the lunch scene was actually a lot funnier than i was expecting it to be, especially with sandal's appearance at the end and maki and erika's death glares
-manoyaman history with kadota
-did this turn into a horror anime

So I was pretty excited for more Riri screentime but I guess this episode was more focused on the Riri backstory, which was pretty standard for a character of her archetype. Probably my favorite Riri moment in the episode was when her idea for the matchmaking tour was the only one to get shot down in any form. I think her silence afterward did more for her characterization than most of the flashbacks in this episode. I think the only exception would be the one where she and Shiori meet for the first time because both of these scenes really demonstrated her affinity for things related to the occult. However, the scene in the car probably edges the first meeting out because it also demonstrates Yoshino's supportiveness. Riri stuff aside, the comedy of the actual tour portion of the episode was pretty decent, and more Erika lines is always a good thing.
Dec 6, 2017 11:24 AM

Nov 2013
I totally understand Riri. She is very sesitive introvert. She always needs some space but at the same time she doesn't want to disappoint her new friends.
I think this creepy guy at the end is Riri's father or something.
Jan 6, 2018 6:41 AM

Sep 2012
the buss driver lol
gross don't tell me that works on u2 lol

SweetKiichigo said:

The wedding song was so hilarious and random lol

IKR i was like arn't u spiking steps here lol
Mar 20, 2018 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
Finally, Riri's arc. I feel sad for her, but I hope she will open up more to the others :)

I like the bus driver more and more :'D He has a great character.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.