Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 2017 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Hinako's mom is coming to town....
Oh my, the pressure is on.

I do like her idea to perform at the rally though as it gives her a chance to show off what she's learned so far. The girls trained hard this episode!
Jun 2, 2017 5:51 AM

Jan 2012
Momma Hinako? I'm reaady! XD Honestly though Hina needn't have worried though, she's already come such a long way! :) Even brave enough to explore at night! XD Too cute sleepover.
animefan8800Jun 2, 2017 6:05 AM
Jun 2, 2017 6:04 AM

Apr 2010
A sleepover at school with a lot of things happening.
And it seems Hinako forgot about her mother, the question is was she joking or is she really coming.
The way things are going it could be interesting.
Jun 2, 2017 7:29 AM

Jan 2015
So Kuu bring some "snack" while Yua bring facial treatment, huh? Well can't blame them since they really excited about this slumb... I mean overnight Training Camp. And don't forget about the scary storytelling too.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 2, 2017 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
A nice episode.

The Kuu-chan's misunderstanding is quite funny. She brought a lot of books for snack.

So Hina-Chan's mother is coming. It will fun to see the new play.

Jun 2, 2017 7:42 AM

Jun 2015
Hinako's mom is going to visit her and has gotten nervous. Lots of pressure on her. The girls had a nice training camp at school. The things that happened were amusing. Looking forward to see what the play is.
Jun 2, 2017 8:22 AM

Mar 2014
it wasnt the 9 year old with the huge tits that got me....
it wasnt the "erotic" end cards that got me....
it was the 2 second panty shot that got me.

That 2 second panty shot though, why is it even there, they went out of their way to get a shot under the table for a panty shot. it had me wondering the entire episode; who is this anime for? who wants to see that angle?
And then I realised how fuckin weird it is that this is supposed to be aimed at grown men.
I mean, for some strange reason I cant image a typical japanese girl watching anime like this (just random shit happening in a school girls life).
now the hole idea of a grown man watching this is tilting me hard, so hard I cant focus on the story anymore.
I only watch this genre of anime for a break from the "world in danger" shit where it gets all serious and stuff and this random nothing matters anime makes for a good rest.
But I still cant shake he feeling now that ive seen that random panty shot, that this shit is weird as fuk.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jun 2, 2017 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty cute episode, sleepover was fun.

Hinako's mom is coming to town, that should be fun. Little surprised she decided to send an old fashioned letter than call or something.

So Yua-chan is scared of the dark, she was pretty adorable this episode.
I can't wait to see what kind of script Kuina's writing. xD

No Pillow fight. :(

Jun 2, 2017 9:03 AM
Jul 2016
I agree with previous comment this panty shot was totaly unnecessary, and quite honestly preaty bad.
Jun 2, 2017 9:27 AM

Jul 2008
zunderdog24 said:

That 2 second panty shot though, why is it even there, they went out of their way to get a shot under the table for a panty shot. it had me wondering the entire episode; who is this anime for? who wants to see that angle?
And then I realised how fuckin weird it is that this is supposed to be aimed at grown men.
I mean, for some strange reason I cant image a typical japanese girl watching anime like this (just random shit happening in a school girls life).
now the hole idea of a grown man watching this is tilting me hard, so hard I cant focus on the story anymore.
I only watch this genre of anime for a break from the "world in danger" shit where it gets all serious and stuff and this random nothing matters anime makes for a good rest.
But I still cant shake he feeling now that ive seen that random panty shot, that this shit is weird as fuk.
remiska said:
I agree with previous comment this panty shot was totaly unnecessary, and quite honestly preaty bad.

ditto. It was so pointless and blatantly there for fan service that it actually made me stop the episode right there to contemplate my choices in the anime I choose to watch.

I just.... why?
Jun 2, 2017 10:47 AM
Jul 2016
GreenTea13 said:
zunderdog24 said:

remiska said:

ditto. It was so pointless and blatantly there for fan service that it actually made me stop the episode right there to contemplate my choices in the anime I choose to watch.

I just.... why?

exactly (i actualy paused to come here and write comment)
Jun 2, 2017 11:08 AM

Apr 2013

It's...it's evolving...
Jun 2, 2017 11:56 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i can't get enough of this sexy CGDCT xD

@zunderdog24

omfg.. are you a girl?

just stop watching

if you really feel THAT uncomfortable that people have a fetish you don't or in this case are probably pretending not to have, then maybe you have personal issues you need to fix yourself

GreenTea13 said:
zunderdog24 said:

remiska said:

I just.... why?

because people have fetishes that you don't, fucking deal with it or don't watch
EcchiGodMamsterJun 2, 2017 12:01 PM
Jun 2, 2017 12:11 PM

Jul 2008
EcchiLordMamster said:

because people have fetishes that you don't, fucking deal with it or don't watch

I don't have a problem with the fan service (or fetishes as you put it), I mean there are so many other instances of it happening in this show that if that was the only problem I would have already dropped it. (Like all the times it shows her in the bathtub, or all those boob shots when she is getting dressed.) But the only issue I have is just how pointless the panty shot was and how they clearly went out of their way for it. It just came out of the blue and just as suddenly left.

Also, just because I have one criticism about a show doesn't mean I hate the show. Surprisingly someone can have a complaint about a show that they otherwise like. (So I'm not going to drop this show based off of one fairly insignificant thing.)
Jun 2, 2017 12:29 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
GreenTea13 said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

I don't have a problem with the fan service (or fetishes as you put it), I mean there are so many other instances of it happening in this show that if that was the only problem I would have already dropped it. (Like all the times it shows her in the bathtub, or all those boob shots when she is getting dressed.) But the only issue I have is just how pointless the panty shot was and how they clearly went out of their way for it. It just came out of the blue and just as suddenly left.

Also, just because I have one criticism about a show doesn't mean I hate the show. Surprisingly someone can have a complaint about a show that they otherwise like. (So I'm not going to drop this show based off of one fairly insignificant thing.)

some people have a fetish for out of nowhere shots, thats part of the point, surprise factor tends to turn people on, and thats why its called fanservice in the first place

its like someone giving you a present w/o ever letting you know beforehand, you're going to be more excited about it because you didn't' see it coming, ppl like that

the reason i said "just drop the show" is because complaining about ONE fanservice scene is almost sillier to me than complaining about every fanservice scene
Jun 2, 2017 2:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Seems to me the whole point of the episode forums is to talk about the episodes, specifically including what you liked and didn't like. I personally think it's more interesting to hear out somebody who didn't like something, so long as the discussion itself doesn't take on an ugly tone of its own. (shrug)
Jun 2, 2017 8:47 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Cratex said:
Seems to me the whole point of the episode forums is to talk about the episodes, specifically including what you liked and didn't like. I personally think it's more interesting to hear out somebody who didn't like something, so long as the discussion itself doesn't take on an ugly tone of its own. (shrug)

that seems to be the way most of humanity thinks, which is quite unfortunate.. its as if people just HAVE TO complain about something, and unfortunately being whiny gets more attention

"OMFG they showed her panties, how dare they!!! don't they know i don't have that fetish??"
Jun 2, 2017 10:32 PM

Feb 2008
Super Cute Episode as always! It was fun seeing them do all their silliness at the slumber party Training camp.
BD/DVD pre-order poster for Vol 1:
Jun 2, 2017 11:01 PM
Jun 2014
zunderdog24 said:

So the 9 year old doesn't bother you but the highschool senior that is into the crossroads of adulthood is where you draw the line? Nice to see you got your priorities straight. Honestly, I'm sick of drama queens like you always complaining. You're the reason the ecchi genre has died out and why we have to wait for the Bluray for the good stuff. Not that ecchi is as mainstream as before anyway, cause of people like you. Instead of just not watching, it becomes endless complaining with no end.
Jun 3, 2017 2:10 AM

Mar 2014
Here, I'll rewrite it so people might feel a little less insulted.

That 2 second panty shot though, why is it even there, they went out of their way to go under the table and get a panty shot that had absolutely nothing to do with the scene. It got me wondering; who is the target audience for this type anime? whom did the creators have in mind when they decided to put that angle in?
The first answer that popped in my head was grown men.
For some strange reason I cant imagine a typical Japanese girl watching anime like this (just random shit happening in a school girls life).

Right at that moment, I could see the perspective of people who think grown men watching this is weird. The fact that this was specifically made for grown men feels like such a strange concept to me now, even though I have been watching stuff like this for a couple of years now it never occurred to me that this stuff is weird in the eyes of others. At that moment I gained a slight understanding of what the average person might think when they see someone watching this type of anime.
Now the concept of a grown men watching this is so distracting that I cant focus on the episode anymore, because of this panty shot.

Just saying:
Ecchi without a cause or reason that has already been established in the anime setting is pretty weak.

I only watch this genre of anime for a break from the "world in danger" shit where it gets all serious and stuff and this "random", "nothing matters" anime makes for a good rest.
But I now I have this feeling, after the realization on who the audience is for this genre of anime... that this shit is weird as fuk.
I understand why its made;
I can enjoy watching shit like this;
And I can understand why people watch it.... but the concept is still weird as fuk.
zunderdog24Jun 3, 2017 2:34 AM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
Jun 3, 2017 3:02 AM

Mar 2014
That probably didnt help.... how about this.

That panty shot sucked dick.
Powered by yuri.
Jun 3, 2017 3:59 AM

Aug 2015
zunderdog24 said:
The fact that this was specifically made for grown men feels like such a strange concept to me now, even though I have been watching stuff like this for a couple of years now it never occurred to me that this stuff is weird in the eyes of others. At that moment I gained a slight understanding of what the average person might think when they see someone watching this type of anime.
Now the concept of a grown men watching this is so distracting that I cant focus on the episode anymore, because of this panty shot.

I don't know why you found it strange when majority of the anime was made for grown men
Jun 3, 2017 4:31 AM

Mar 2014
SeijiroUshio said:

I don't know why you found it strange when majority of the anime was made for grown men

I found it strange because I never truly acknowledged that SoL is made with the intention of having grown men watch it.
Powered by yuri.
Jun 3, 2017 10:44 AM

Mar 2016
Cute anime girls having a slumber party! YES PLEASE!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 3, 2017 1:18 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:
that seems to be the way most of humanity thinks, which is quite unfortunate.. its as if people just HAVE TO complain about something, and unfortunately being whiny gets more attention

"OMFG they showed her panties, how dare they!!! don't they know i don't have that fetish??"
Maybe, but to me you just look silly for getting worked up about his opinion.
Jun 3, 2017 2:01 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Cratex said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Maybe, but to me you just look silly for getting worked up about his opinion.

i get worked up about it because no one ever shuts up about this kind of stuff -___-

why can't people who don't have a fetish just understand that others do? instead of acting as though theres something wrong with the people who are turned on by things that theyre not?

Dashingfella said:
zunderdog24 said:

So the 9 year old doesn't bother you but the highschool senior that is into the crossroads of adulthood is where you draw the line? Nice to see you got your priorities straight. Honestly, I'm sick of drama queens like you always complaining. You're the reason the ecchi genre has died out and why we have to wait for the Bluray for the good stuff. Not that ecchi is as mainstream as before anyway, cause of people like you. Instead of just not watching, it becomes endless complaining with no end.

i feel you 100%.. this is the kind of shit i have to see constantly no matter where i go anime related, they act as though because something doesn't personally turn them on or they don't enjoy seeing it that theres something wrong with those who do

this idea that is "bad" to thrown in sexy camera angels for fanservice purposes really just needs to die, because as humans we are naturally perverts, theres nothing wrong with that, and denying it isn't going to help anything

and @zunderdog24 has to be a troll... he has a yuri avatar from Euphonium, an anime about girls the SAME AGE RANGE as the girls in Hinako Note, but hes talking some bullshit about not knowing this anime was made for adult men as if Euphonium wasn't or something

i always tell myself that people like this are usually trying to cover up the fact that they were aroused by something

Sainijon said:
Super Cute Episode as always! It was fun seeing them do all their silliness at the slumber party Training camp.
BD/DVD pre-order poster for Vol 1:

meanwhile leme just download this image for specific purposes later ;D
EcchiGodMamsterJun 3, 2017 2:46 PM
Jun 3, 2017 4:01 PM
Jun 2014
I love surprise panty shots like this, it triggers the very people that I hate from anime fandom. It's like a middle finger to those type of people. I get elated in it, it's my fuel.

There was a panty shot last week too,

[/quote]

but it was that specific one in this episode that triggered you. I'm not even mad, I find it hilarious with how much you got triggered.
Jun 3, 2017 4:45 PM

Mar 2009
I actually didn't even know there was a panty shot in this episode until looking at this thread. Must have missed it. I noticed it last week, though. Post above.

This show is pretty fanservice heavy, so I guess that's not too surprising.
Jun 4, 2017 7:50 AM

Oct 2008
The other sensei's VA was Ayaneru right!?
Instead of practising for the play...they had a school sleepover!
Yua-chan is so adorable being so scared even in dark places! so cute!
that pantsu peep of Chiaki so erotic!
4/5.

Jun 4, 2017 2:01 PM

Feb 2008
The troupe's productivity was off the charts...

Discovering Yua's weakness was intriguing, though. It complements her tsundere act well.
Jun 4, 2017 4:43 PM

May 2015
Totally shipping Hinako and Yua.

Jun 4, 2017 8:34 PM

Jul 2008
EcchiLordMamster said:

Ok, I really think you are misunderstanding my complaint. Let's put the fact that it was a panty shot aside, pretend they randomly cut some her foot or something even less related and then back to the characters talking. It was distracting and presented in a way that didn't flow too well visually.

If you like out of no where panty shots, that's fine, I'm not criticizing what you personally like. I really mean that, this is not a personal attack. It's just a critique on how that fan service was worked into the scene.

Jun 4, 2017 8:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
GreenTea13 said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Ok, I really think you are misunderstanding my complaint. Let's put the fact that it was a panty shot aside, pretend they randomly cut some her foot or something even less related and then back to the characters talking. It was distracting and presented in a way that didn't flow too well visually.

If you like out of no where panty shots, that's fine, I'm not criticizing what you personally like. I really mean that, this is not a personal attack. It's just a critique on how that fan service was worked into the scene.

changing up the camera angles is a good way to keep people focused, especially when its something sexy, i just don't see the issue
Jun 4, 2017 9:45 PM

Mar 2014
EcchiLordMamster said:

changing up the camera angles is a good way to keep people focused, especially when its something sexy, i just don't see the issue

a lazy way to keep people focused,
almost as if they arent confident that the audience actually cares about what is happening
in my eyes, what they did was the same as interjecting a black screen with the words "WAKE UP!" flashing for a couple of seconds.