Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 22, 2016 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hajime using his bare hands to fight against a sword...what a boss.

Well this episode was intense with Juugo taking the charge to attack as well. I haven't seen him this fired up for a fight since his debut.
Nov 22, 2016 1:06 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, this whole episode was nuts.

Very violent and intense fights, Hajime going HARD and Jyugo's friends now against Hajime.
Nov 22, 2016 1:08 PM

Sep 2014
Man that fight was intense, didn't expect things to get bloody.
Nov 22, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2014
Dang Hajime, calm down. I"M STILL CONFUSED ON WHAT IS WRONG WITH JYUGO
I hope he's okay though, his friends are worrying alot.
Nov 22, 2016 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Oh Lord poor Jyugo. ;;; It's finally over of the tournament, yay!

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Nov 22, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2016
Really liked this episode, we got to see a different side of the characters... I wonder how Jyugo is doing

Poor warden though, I imagine how bad she felt when giving the punishment to Hajime haha
Nov 22, 2016 2:05 PM

Dec 2012
Oh damn Hajime is badass
Nov 22, 2016 2:29 PM
Jun 2014
oh heLL NO OH GOD THAT WAS NOT AN OK EPISODE
TOO MANY FEELZ IN 23 MINS R U KIDDING ME QAQ
Nov 22, 2016 3:11 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bloody combat, that Hajime stopped violently!!!
Nov 22, 2016 3:43 PM

Jan 2016
this is tense, next episode will be a bit sad too...

even though negative atmosphere, everyone is great!

(Loved when he got punched in the abdomen and puked all his blood)

Nov 22, 2016 4:28 PM

Oct 2011
omfg the feels. Jyuugo noooo
Nov 22, 2016 4:43 PM
Mar 2015
Since when did this show get so serious? I thought I was watching a funny gag anime, but apparently it's got some action/drama for part of the show.
Nov 22, 2016 6:45 PM

Dec 2014
Jyugo got extremely aggressive. And a nice conclusion to this rather long arc IMO.
Nov 22, 2016 8:48 PM

Jan 2015
Finally time for "Mecha-Jyuugo" go in action, no more flashback and stuff. I thought it will be full-episode of raging"Mecha-Jyuugo" in action.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 22, 2016 9:04 PM
Nov 2016
What I thought was really interesting, in my opinion at least, is how the art style of the show (bright colors, sparkles literally EVERYWHERE) contrasted with the violence and blood.
Super excited for next week -I wonder if it will go much darker than this episode and we get more background info
MargieBloomDec 1, 2016 6:21 PM
Nov 22, 2016 9:05 PM
Apr 2016
I think this episode could've gone better. It was too fast and the fight could be improved but overall I'm not disappointed. Also, many people are saying that Hajime is not in the wrong, while I agree on that, he did went overboard. I think he was very capable of apprehending Jyugo without beating him half to death that he was still in critical condition even after a few days.

ARE THERE MORE UNOJYUGO SHIPPERS NOW??!! The 1115 moments were strong in this episode.
Nov 22, 2016 9:53 PM
Apr 2016
LilkyMilky said:
ScarletAngel19 said:
I think this episode could've gone better. It was too fast and the fight could be improved but overall I'm not disappointed. Also, many people are saying that Hajime is not in the wrong, while I agree on that, he did went overboard. I think he was very capable of apprehending Jyugo without beating him half to death that he was still in critical condition even after a few days.

ARE THERE MORE UNOJYUGO SHIPPERS NOW??!! The 1115 moments were strong in this episode.

OMG I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CALLS THEIR SHIP NAME 1115.

And there's UnoJyugo fan fictions now on AO3, thIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY.

You're not the only one xD and yes I hope there will be more in the future. Have u already read all? Please leave comments and tell me what you think :P I wrote 'your warmth' and 'I'm here'.
Nov 22, 2016 10:19 PM

May 2015
Hm, I got a little bored during this episode. Oh well. There was a bit too much action for me.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Nov 22, 2016 11:56 PM

Jul 2016
ScarletAngel19 said:

I think I saw your comment in KissAnime... Am I right?

The real victim here is the Warden. She won't be seeing his crush for 3 days :(
Nov 22, 2016 11:57 PM

Jun 2015
That was an intense fight. You don't mess around with the guards. Hajime beat the crap out of Juugo. He got suspended because of it and the warden felt bad about it lol
Nov 23, 2016 1:13 AM

Jul 2015
Alright. I liked this episode.

So Mushashi was blinded by Jyugo himself. Don't know why, though. I assume it's a similar reason as to why he went berserk on him in this tourney.

It's nice to see more of the other guards' abilities, and I loved how the other three inmates tried to stop Jyugo's rampage or he'll get severe punishment. Hajime was also really cool here, but I do agree that he went too far. I know Jyugo was gonna kill anyone in his way at the time, but clearly he wasn't himself at the time, and that one great punch Hajime gave him did more than enough from the looks of it, but then he kept going on beating the shit out of him until he nearly died. lmao Geez Hajime. He was already down from that one punch. XD

I can understand how Hajime feels towards inmates like Jyugo who frequently break out and whatnot while hiding as much as they are about themselves, and it shows how very hardworking and loyal he is towards the warden and the entire facility since he's willing to kill the inmates if it's his job, but still, damn. How can you kill people who has been mostly as stupid, mischievous, and silly in a lighthearted-sense like them, especially someone as adorable as Nico? The things Uno said to him felt to me like it affected Hajime rather deeply with how he left the cell.

The other guards, especially Kiji, giving him a mouthful was pretty funny to me. Momoko giving him that suspension and seeing how she was reacting from doing that was also funny. Felt sorry for both her (and Hajime as well, of course, even though I think he deserved it), though it shows me that she can even put aside her love for him in order to do her job, even if she hates doing what she had to do, which makes me respect her all the more.
Nov 23, 2016 2:08 AM

Jun 2013
Well this got pretty damn serious. Hajime is such a badass monster. He beat the living hell out of Jyugo to apprehend him. Jyugo's blade arms were not a problem at all for this bald badass. And the dog, monkey and the bird with heavy makeup took care of flamethrower guy.

Uno is pretty pissed at Hajime for beating up Jyugo but he has to know that there is always this wall between inmates and prison guards. They may get close, but the prison guards won't get close enough to let it interfere with their work. Hajime was doing what he was told to; he did go a bit overboard but he was doing it all to apprehend the rogue inmate. He probably did all that because he suspected something off about Jyugo from the start and also because the guy turned into a sharp killing machine and you can't take any chances with a killing machine.

Lol Hajime got suspended for 3 days and the warden was crying because she had no other choice but to punish him to keep her reputation.

Now we could be getting close to learning about Jyugo and those shackles. The blind flamethrower is also in solitary confinement because he was wild too. He also knows something so if Jyugo refuses to talk then maybe he can tell something.
Nov 23, 2016 2:36 AM

Jun 2016
Well, damn. That definitely wasn't the comedic episode I was expecting. It was actually kinda... sad. Poor Jyugo. I pity him for not just being beat to near death, but for being biologically screwed with as well. And Hajime... Ugh. I thought better of Hajime than that. *sigh* I kept waiting for him to say he had logical a reason for going that hard, but he never did. He disappointed me this episode.
"Once my stomach settles down...You better be prepared, 'cause we'll really give you something to cry about in the mat..."
Nov 23, 2016 3:12 AM

Dec 2014
well that was intense..... Hajime welll he went badass real fast
Nov 23, 2016 4:17 AM

May 2015
ScarletAngel19 said:

Loved those UNOJYUGO moments!!

It's kinda sad to see my favourite character is getting beaten up like that, since he's actually a silly idiot who is only good at escaping :(
Nov 23, 2016 4:26 AM

Dec 2014
That was quite the intense episode, A good nonetheless.

Pretty violent first half, Jyugo went completely berserk blinded by rage against the so called 'That' person. He was about to kill Uno.
Hajime is OP, Damn. He beat the shit out of Jyugo right there. Jyugo was even vomiting more, Little more and he probably would have killed the guy. I'm glad the Warden stopped.

Quite the emotional outburst coming out from Uno towards Hajime, Hajime definitely felt a little something when he left the cell.
Suspended for 3 days eh? Well that's not all that bad. Funny how the warden was crying.

At this point I'm not sure if I can consider this show a comedic parody anymore, It's gotten quite serious and even the next episode looks pretty serious.
Nov 23, 2016 7:31 AM
May 2016
A kinda serious action episode. Jyuugo on rage, Hajime was really strong. Next episode was kinda more serious, Jyuugo was chained all over the place.
Nov 23, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2013
Wow it was an intense episode. The sudden change from the comedy to seriousness was a bit surprising and interesting.

Tho I was hoping for prisoners to kick their guards ass lmao
Especially Jyugo. Never thought Hajime would overpower him and beat him that easily.
Nov 23, 2016 7:34 PM

Jun 2016
This turned quite dark really fast, holy.
Nov 24, 2016 2:33 AM
Apr 2016
Yamada2 said:
Well this got pretty damn serious. Hajime is such a badass monster. He beat the living hell out of Jyugo to apprehend him. Jyugo's blade arms were not a problem at all for this bald badass. And the dog, monkey and the bird with heavy makeup took care of flamethrower guy.

Uno is pretty pissed at Hajime for beating up Jyugo but he has to know that there is always this wall between inmates and prison guards. They may get close, but the prison guards won't get close enough to let it interfere with their work. Hajime was doing what he was told to; he did go a bit overboard but he was doing it all to apprehend the rogue inmate. He probably did all that because he suspected something off about Jyugo from the start and also because the guy turned into a sharp killing machine and you can't take any chances with a killing machine..

A bit? lmao Hajime went full beat down on him. Like someone else said, even though Jyugo went completely nuts and was targeting practically anyone in his way, that one abdomen punch was more than enough. He was already totally down from that, but he kept going before Momoko stopped him. His blood was all over his face from that one punch and he kept going til' he almost died. Like the guards even said, that's not only a bit. Tbh I expected him to do this sort of thing sooner or later, but god. lol

It's not like I dislike him (I still like him), especially since he did seem regretful for what he did (especially with what Uno said to him), along with admitting that he went overboard (Hajime may be a jerk to them, but he does show that he cares for them and appreciates their occasional hardworking and helping hands, like how he acted when he teamed up with Nico. He is completely unlike a certain character that I despise in DR3).

Oh, and I'm sure Uno knew those sort of things already, along with the other inmates. It's just that he never expected him to go so far like that on him when he was clearly already down from that one HUGE abdomen punch, and neither did the other inmates or guards. He was to only be apprehended, not beaten the shit out of til' death. lol

FinalFlash18 said:
Wow it was an intense episode. The sudden change from the comedy to seriousness was a bit surprising and interesting.

Nexu said:
This turned quite dark really fast, holy.

These recent few episodes still had shown a good amount of comedy, including from here. Not mostly dark or serious still. Just has more of the seriousness than it did before, as it had undertones and hints of it before.
Nov 24, 2016 4:19 AM

Jun 2013
are we even watching the same anime? shit just got bloody and intense all of a sudden
Nov 24, 2016 10:46 AM
Apr 2016
Axelucard said:
are we even watching the same anime? shit just got bloody and intense all of a sudden

Why yes. :D

It's said it's an action and drama series as well, and it's pulling off the elements now. There were vague hints of the seriousness or intensity that was gonna happen ever since the very first episode, so I wouldn't say it's that much of a sudden, except the bloodiness, maybe.
Nov 24, 2016 8:40 PM

Jan 2015
Second episode in a row carries more serious mood and looks like the next one gonna be the same, I think I like this anime as serious better, though I'm good for those goofy episodes.

Fights this episode were amazing, didn't know other guards except Hajime could be that strong. Never underestimate Nanba guards i guess. Hajime gave some heavy beating to Jyugo even led to his suspension for 3 days. Poor Momoko T_T had to suspend him. Hajime is super depressed now.

Some real friendship by Uno and others. I thought they would fight other guards and be given the same treatment as Jyugo which would be stupid, but they tried to stop him for his own good instead.
Nov 25, 2016 10:05 AM

May 2015
20 to 100! The episode was drastically different from the others: lots more action, lots more violence and an emotional bit. The animation quality improved as well. I'd say this was one of my favourite episodes of the show.
Nov 25, 2016 10:40 AM

Dec 2008
Goddamn, Hajime!!
Nov 25, 2016 5:47 PM
Oct 2016
Remember when we were all laughing and joking and having fun? And no one almost died? Remember those days?
Nov 25, 2016 8:42 PM

Oct 2008
Nanbaka is getting pretty better! and Intense episode!
Damn Hajime is insanely strong! He totally beat-up the released form Jyuugo single bare handedly!
Number 634 inmate was subdued by 3 prison guard, of course he'd loose to that cuz every prison guard is not to be taken lightly, they'd even hold back, but Hajime didn't hold back!
After the fight suddenly it got serious and the 3 inmates kicked-out Hajime, cuz they didn't like what Hajime did to Jyuugo.
Hajime was suspended by Warden Hyakushiki Momoko for 3 days! that's not good for Hajime since he's a workaholic and 3 days is painfully upsetting!
Crying Momoko was too adorable because she doesn't want to suspend Hajime but his actions cannot be tolerated and he must answer for the over brutality! lolz
I just noticed on MAL main page that this is getting a 2nd season wow!
5/5!
matias067Nov 25, 2016 8:50 PM

Nov 25, 2016 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah, this episode reaaally made me dislike Hajime. "I will do my duty" yeah right, you pos. You just used your authority as a guard as an excuse to beat someone half to death. "Finding out this guy's true identity is my job, as well". Kinda hard to do that if he's beaten half to death, isn't it? "I wasn't trying to kill him" the hell you weren't. Stop lying. Jyugo was down for the 10 count with that punch to the abdomen. Hajime had no reason or justification to keep going like he did other than for the sake of it and he went way overboard. The other guards and Uno's criticism and berating was spot on and I hope he took it seriously, especially Uno's.

Also, there's one thing that the people who think that what Hajime did was right probably aren't thinking of, and that is that would he REALLY have stopped if Momoko hadn't told him to? I personally think he wouldn't have. 8 extra punches. 8. And he was preparing for a 9th. He'd have kept going until Jyugo was dead.

I like that Momoko is capable of making the right decision despite her crush on Hajime. A well deserved suspension. A bit disappointed it wasn't longer though.

Overall a good episode though. I had mistaken this for a gag anime lol.
Nov 25, 2016 11:44 PM

Sep 2013
Somehow watching this episode, I remembered the FF XV, Juugo -> Noct, Nico -> Ignis(well not really), Rock -> Gladio, Uno -> Propto, Hajime -> Cor, and so on. Does Nanbaka tries to be the next Gintama, some funny then a bit sudden super serious episode.
Nov 26, 2016 6:09 AM

Apr 2012
Perfect Momoko, perfect Hajime, perfect Uno, based episode.
Nov 28, 2016 5:09 PM

Sep 2016
WOW that was the best episode so far no doubt..
Also, momoko at the end was funny xD <3
Nov 29, 2016 1:56 AM

May 2016
Now I hate Hajime.
Juugo 4 life.
Nov 29, 2016 10:12 AM
Dec 2015
There was bound to be drama between prisoners and prison guards...but on this, I side with Juugo and Uno. Even the fellow prison guards criticized Hajime for going overboard. Why was he beating him up that much, anyway? It's not like Juugo was causing much damage and they could've neutralized him in an easy way...what with all the guards present. Juugo isn't even a murderer or a rapist. I'm suddenly reminded of the issue of police dehumanizing prisoners, in the name of discipline. Yeah, right.

I don't hate Hajime that much still but I really hope he redeems himself in the next episodes. I understand his curiosity and putting on guard with Juugo being secretive and all. But Uno and Juugo broship takes the episode for me. I love them.
Loyalty06Nov 29, 2016 10:17 AM
Nov 29, 2016 3:09 PM

May 2015
This episode sure turned unexpectedly bloody.

Dec 2, 2016 10:44 AM

Jun 2015
This anime is developing in a direction I don't like.
Jan 10, 2017 3:10 PM

May 2012
What an intense episode, and lol that ending! Really looking forward to see what happens next!
Jan 12, 2017 3:28 PM

Dec 2010
Loyalty06 said:
There was bound to be drama between prisoners and prison guards...but on this, I side with Juugo and Uno. Even the fellow prison guards criticized Hajime for going overboard. Why was he beating him up that much, anyway? It's not like Juugo was causing much damage and they could've neutralized him in an easy way...what with all the guards present. Juugo isn't even a murderer or a rapist. I'm suddenly reminded of the issue of police dehumanizing prisoners, in the name of discipline. Yeah, right.

I don't hate Hajime that much still but I really hope he redeems himself in the next episodes. I understand his curiosity and putting on guard with Juugo being secretive and all. But Uno and Juugo broship takes the episode for me. I love them.

I agree i now watch the episode and what Hajime did was wrong,he just keep hitting him,i felt so sorry for jugo anyway i like how u said broship im glad some people gets it im so fed up with i ship this and that uno totally like the females but i guess that slipped the shippers minds lol.
Jan 15, 2017 1:48 AM

Jan 2014
the fuck, what the fuck is Hajime? is he even Human? he can stop superhuman sword, literally.

that fucking bracelet in Jyuugo hand, neck, and feet must be some kind of a prototype superhuman weapon, but what's the point if a normal human being can stop him with a single hand?

uh yeah i know if Jyuugo is unstoppable, the anime would come to an end.
Jan 18, 2017 8:03 PM

Sep 2013
Better episode than the last one (which was basically filler). I'll still be glad if/when they get past this martial-arts/super-powered storyline. I liked it better when it was just a gag anime.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 5, 2017 8:10 PM

Dec 2015
Well that was disappointing, even though they were 'strong', they couldn't do shit against the guards lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2016

57 by jumbosan »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2016

87 by jumbosan »»
Dec 6, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2016

58 by Hyakkin »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

203 by Goatilike »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 AM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

40 by StateofOhayo »»
Aug 25, 2022 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.