Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 29, 2008 12:20 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good news: the episode is action packed with Sabrac vs Wilhelmina. Bad news: Yuji reverts back to being a useless screaming bitch.

Feb 29, 2008 7:20 AM

Feb 2008
bad news #2: Shana chan doesnt show up that often in the episode
Wilhelmina's bandage costume is so moe XD
Mar 2, 2008 7:56 PM

Aug 2007
I was hoping Yuji would try to fight Sabrac, though he is a lot stronger than Yuji could handle right now. I thought Wilhelmina's dress was pretty cool in this episode.
Mar 3, 2008 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
Subs are out.

Mar 3, 2008 3:16 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol, you guys are being ridiculous. You expect Yuji to fight an enemy even Wilhelmina has problems with? Only cos he defeated some Tomogaras in the last episode, you crack me up. He's doing his part too.

Episode was good, really nice battle but I'm sensing bad things coming up. Looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 3, 2008 3:39 PM

Jan 2007
well said cyruz. but i gotta say that this episode was just spectacular. Wilhelmina ftfw~
Mar 3, 2008 3:44 PM
Aug 2007
The fight scenes were great, but if I must say so myself...it ended at a HORRIBLE spot. x.x
Mar 3, 2008 3:45 PM

Jan 2008
No I didn't expect him to fight, but I didn't expect him to be completely useless. He just gets towed around by Wilhelmina for the whole episode, I'd expect him to use some of his new abilities to at least try to aid her in someway.

Mar 3, 2008 4:20 PM

Sep 2007
Nice episode, nice episode...
The fight was very nice and it was good to see Wilhelmina in action again.

I just realized that there are only 4 episodes left, I'm concerned about how they will end it in that short time...but we will see :D

Mar 3, 2008 4:46 PM

Dec 2007
I enjoyed it, plenty of action and nice cliffhanger.

Good news: No Squinty McGhee (Tanaka) appearances.

Trineas said:
I just realized that there are only 4 episodes left, I'm concerned about how they will end it in that short time...but we will see :D

Yup, makes me wish even more that they didn't waste the beginning of this season with pseudo romance episodes.
Mar 3, 2008 5:23 PM

May 2007
Yeah, there's nothing Yuji can do if you want him to win. He try to act like badass hero in front of Sabrac, he'd get his Blutsauger shoved up his ass. Wilhelmina knows Sabrac very well from the past yet she's always on the lower hand of the fight. Best strategy is to work as a team. Call Shana, Margery, and Yoshida gotta use that Houngo too if needed.

I loved this episode so much. Wilhelmina and Sabrac putting up a great fight. I think this is the first time the Flame Hazes got badly injured in "Shana Second" thanks to the Stigma. As much as people hate cliffhanger fights, it makes an anime awesome. Looks like Sabrac is rented by Bel Peol after all. When this fight is over, maybe they'll go straight for Bal Masque in advance.
Mar 3, 2008 6:10 PM

Feb 2008
this is an exsample of a good episode. a majority of it concetrates on the fight. there is also something about an overly powerful enemy that looks unbeatable. in anycase, its more like yuji forgets that he is as fragile as he is important, but even so, as long as the others are around they wont let him do anything stupid (like take on the enemy the Manipulator seemingly cant handle.)
Mar 3, 2008 6:13 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
No I didn't expect him to fight, but I didn't expect him to be completely useless. He just gets towed around by Wilhelmina for the whole episode, I'd expect him to use some of his new abilities to at least try to aid her in someway.

He wouldn't stand a chance, he knew that when he saw the wounds Wilhelmina showed. He's smart enough not to blindly do something stupid creating more work for Carmel and the others I guess. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 3, 2008 6:28 PM

Sep 2007
Some people are making it out like Yuji wanted to do nothing but let himself be towed around by Wilhelmina. You saw how he thought about doing something but she noticed and told him not to. And he listened because like cyruz said, he knew he wouldn't stand a chance. I'd like to think Yuji matured in more than just the physical sense ;D

Anyway. That was one of the good cliffies but at such a BAD TIME D:
Mar 3, 2008 6:30 PM

Oct 2007
I think your backing Yuji a bit much. I'm not saying I expected him to fight Sabrac, but supposedly after finding his resolve less than five minutes ago being like "I'm gonna do what I can to kick ass!", I expect him not to scream like a bitch when someone more tough comes at him. Maybe if when he saw him coming he created one of those fire balls ready like he wouldn't just give up without giving it HIS all, and THEN Wilhelmina stepped in before he did something, I would have respect.

But come on, scream like a girl? Pfft He needs to screw the fireball training and work on dodging tactics. It's not the action it's the attitude.

Wilhelmina kicks ass!! :3 She better not die, that would completely suck
Mar 3, 2008 6:30 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode. Sabrac is a badass so is Wilhelmina. I also do think that Yuji can't measure up to Sabrac and he is doing his part in this fight as well. I kind of suspect a third season in the mix because I doubt they can finish this whole thing off in 4 episodes. Hmm maybe.
Mar 3, 2008 6:46 PM

Feb 2008
Awesome episode - this the show we know and love! Sabrac is a complete badass, and in case it wasn't clear before, Wilhelmina is as well. If they're willing to make this fight this awesome, just imagine how good it'll be when Shana and Yuuji fight together.

If the show keeps up in this direction (Yuuji becoming a fighter, long battles with ridiculously strong Tomogara, Shana + Yuuji on the up and up), we're in for an amazing conclusion. I can only pray that Yoshida doesn't screw it up, which she will. Maybe she'll use the hougu and die (please?).
Mar 3, 2008 6:49 PM

Jan 2008
Finally fighting!
but... Yugi has to do something other than scream. lol
Mar 3, 2008 11:07 PM

Jul 2007
First i dont think even if Yuzi tried to do something it would be of any help. Sabrac is like 3 times stronger than him so no point at all.Also i cant see how they canend it in 4 eps. Im 200% sure that we r gonna have a 3rd season sadly... (Not that i dont want more Shana but the w8ing time is killing me)
Mar 3, 2008 11:24 PM

Nov 2007
Tons of action this episode! It was cool seeing some different attacks from Wilhelmina, she even threw in a giga drill breaker :D.

The lack of Shana in this ep was made up for me by the heavy amounts of Wilhelmina. Can't wait until next week to see the rest of this fight.
MEGATRONMar 3, 2008 11:34 PM
Mar 3, 2008 11:54 PM

Aug 2007
playconn said:
Good news: No Squinty McGhee (Tanaka) appearances.

haha, yup. Great battle. Even just watching Carmel defend made me tired.
Mar 4, 2008 1:18 AM

Feb 2008
Very good episode, it had lots of action. Sabrac is a beast, I wonder how they'll defeat him.
The only thing I desliked in this episode, was that it had so little Shana in it =(
Also, I loved Wilhelmina's Giga Drill Breaker xD
Mar 4, 2008 1:43 AM

Feb 2008
Good episode!!! The best fight of Shakugan no Shana II!
Mar 4, 2008 1:45 AM

Jan 2008
Wilhelmina was awesome ^__^
Mar 4, 2008 2:14 AM

Nov 2007
OH GOD WILHELMINA IS AWESOME.

Yuji is collaborating too. Sabrac acknowledged that...

Also if you're complaining that much:

Mar 4, 2008 3:28 AM

Oct 2007
Wow! Now this was an epic battle and I completely loved all the unrestricted spells that Wilhelmina managed to pull off. It's a shame that everyone else was pretty useless but next episode should change things.

Stupid cliffhanger ending. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2008 4:17 AM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Lol, you guys are being ridiculous. You expect Yuji to fight an enemy even Wilhelmina has problems with? Only cos he defeated some Tomogaras in the last episode, you crack me up. He's doing his part too.

Episode was good, really nice battle but I'm sensing bad things coming up. Looking forward to more.

Well said, i cant believe that they all think Yuji si now powerful enough after defeating Tomogara that are so weak, no-one can detect their existence!!!

Also for people saying there will be a season 3, that makes sense as SnS are light novel adaptations!!!
Mar 4, 2008 4:47 AM

Dec 2007
Woah! Just... damn.

Seems like Yuji figured out how Sabracs apparent immortality works at the end. Just hope Sabrac doesn't die too fast. He was fun ^.^

Also it was cool to see Wilhelmina fight with her power of existance for the first time. Kinda points out Sabracs strength.

And oh! Maybe we'll se Pheles again in a near future :)
Mar 4, 2008 7:02 AM

Nov 2007
Poor yuji.
Must be kinda unpleasant, being dragged dangling on the... what's it called.. the big long paper thing (toilet paper?!?!?! XD)

anyways, nice to see some action finally,
though we didn't get to see Shana that much :P

AAAH can't believe there are only 4 episodes left!!!

...Which means, start of ZnT season 3? :=3

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Mar 4, 2008 7:36 AM
Jan 2008
nice episode, still can't stand yuji screaming -__- i know he is not strong enough to fight but he got to stop screaming is annoying.
Mar 4, 2008 8:10 AM

May 2007
FunGao said:
she even threw in a giga drill breaker :D

Lol I was thinking the same thing :D

Great fight so far, hopefully we'll get to see what Wilhelmina/Yuji has up their sleeves soon.
Mar 4, 2008 10:03 AM

Aug 2007
FunGao said:
Tons of action this episode! It was cool seeing some different attacks from Wilhelmina, she even threw in a giga drill breaker :D.

The lack of Shana in this ep was made up for me by the heavy amounts of Wilhelmina. Can't wait until next week to see the rest of this fight.

Lol. My thoughts exactly!
Great episode. I WANT MOAR!

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Mar 4, 2008 10:34 AM

Jan 2008
While Yuji didn't do anything this ep. you know he is going to play a big part since he is the strategist and had a realization at the end. So don't be too hard on him...
Mar 4, 2008 11:13 AM

Jun 2007
ah goddamn this was ways too much action
stupid fighting scenes with hilarious attacks which made me think that if we add names like "Wilhelmina drill" etc. now too then we can say this is naruto or any other shonen.
I hope this will turn again a bit and produce some more excitement again (like letting a lot of people die by failing to unsummon the spell or else)
There are only 4 episodes left after all so they better get their lame ass moving and get us something extraordinary.

nah, back to current episode:
Ways to less shana screentime and even the little time she had was interfered by Kazumi.

being left in despair again by shana again for another week
Mar 4, 2008 12:06 PM

Nov 2007
Sabrac is one of the most awesome villains I've seen in a while. Everything about him is just...kickass xD

Wilhelmina got so much screentime this week at the expense of Shana but I don't mind. Her fighting is just as cool and we got to see some more of her abilities.

Yuji, eh. I kind of facepalmed when he started screaming like a twit but I guess I can't expect too much out of him yet. He's still nothing compared to Shana and the rest of the elite cast.
Mar 4, 2008 2:38 PM

Jul 2007
yeah sabrac is one hell of a villain. red eyes, cool outfit, damn powerful, dual swords...what more can you ask for? also is yuji's plan connected to him doing a surprise counterattack(since wilhelmina pointed out that he only focuses on one target at a time) using blutzkrueger(since he has "insane defense", but blutzkrueger destroys anything it touches)

just a speculation though. i do wish to see that sword in action against strong opponents(so far it has only been used against weak ones and to break that machinery in shana 1)
Mar 4, 2008 5:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Anyway, Yuji is still as bright as always, just a bit scared by the sudden appearance of Sabrac and all his friends getting severely injured. However, remember that he is a BIG TANK of power of existence (and renewable energy on top of that). Because of him, all the people killed and the city destroyed can be repaired back to normal without too much trouble. The only thing is that currently, Yuji's potential is still too unbalanced (WAY TOO MUCH power...not enough techniques....)

Can't wait to see him in Super technique + Mega-power mode; it's gonna be firework festival.....(in fact, this episode was nice firework magic, which are my favourites ^_^)

And yes, Yuji shouldn't have screamed like that.... It ruined the mood of this insanely-action-packed episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 5, 2008 9:41 AM
Jan 2008
Wilhelmina is awsome!

Mar 5, 2008 10:23 AM

Nov 2007
the ending was awful but i do hope wilhelmina wont die and what does yuji think he can do against an unbeatable guze no tomogara

Mar 5, 2008 1:07 PM

Feb 2008
LOL! I love Wilhelmina's outfit! XD

ROTFL at The Manipulator of Object speaking to Yuji: DEMAND SILENCE!~
Mar 6, 2008 3:29 PM
Dec 2007
Now this is the Wilhelmina we were all waiting for. She's showing us why she was one of the Flame Hazes that survived the big war between the Tomogara and the Flame Haze.

Yuji has the power, he just doesn't have neither technique nor experience. Besides, this isn't a shonen anime, so no male hero showing off. It's all about the fighting ladies.

With that said, awesome episode and awesome fight. Sabrac is so tough that it is a shame he isn't the main baddie of the arc. As for Kazumi, I was yelling "Do it ! Do it !" everytime she was on-screen. I agree for some Pheles action here.

Mar 7, 2008 11:22 PM

Aug 2007
What an episode, we really can see why Wilhelmina has such a reputation as a flamehaze. Everything was done really well in the episode. Sabrac is definitely a real great villain. It's about time we got a villain that actually kept everyone on their toes. I really can't wait to see what unfolds next.
Mar 10, 2008 8:13 PM

Jan 2008
I can't wait for the next episode!!! =)
Hello!
Mar 11, 2008 3:53 PM

Jun 2007
awesome kickass villain... i hope he sticks around for awhile, since he rocks so much as a little antagonist. his attitude towards the flame haze is completely awesome.

a lot of wilheremina, which wasn't bad. one of the better episodes in SNSII, but definitely not the best. too bad there was not a lot of shana here.

i will give yuuji a break, and say that meeting such a powerful enemy must have shocked him.
Mar 20, 2008 6:19 AM

Apr 2007
For a Wilhelmina lover like me this episode was

1. awesome cause it was all about her
2. gruel cause she is injured so much and might die! T_T

But as much as I love her, I wouldn't eat her cookings. :P
Apr 1, 2008 12:56 PM

Mar 2008
Nice action!

But I don't get what Shana and M.D. are doing. They are both wounded. So why don't they attack? I mean with every minute it's getting worse for them.

As for Kazumi: True, it would be cool if she does it, but this would mean that she dies. I really don't want her to die. Yuuji will choose Shana, this way or another, because the series revolves around her.
But maybe it's a test and she won't die if she will use the item.

But really: This Sabrac guy! He is so cool! I have never seen such a great and awsome bad guy in a long long time. Mostly the bad guys are lame, look shitty and it's totally boring. But he is so cool, he could even get his own show. xD
Apr 20, 2008 11:27 AM

Jan 2008
ehh i was kinda pissed that yuuji was useless the whol dan ep
Jul 22, 2008 12:57 AM

Apr 2008
need sleep..... but, must watch next ep

Oct 15, 2008 10:05 PM

May 2008
cyruz said:

Yeah sorry guys, Yujis not freaking invincible.

Yet.
Mar 25, 2009 12:25 PM

Nov 2008
nice fight..
Sabrac is quite strong..
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jan 21, 2008

71 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 16, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

_MiV_ - Jan 13, 2008

99 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Dec 23, 2007

90 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

214 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 22, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Dec 17, 2007

60 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 9, 2:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.