Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2015 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
O, so the episode concentrated more on Kei. It sure didn't take long for the zombie horror parts to come forward:

As far as Kei goes, she seems to have a good relationship with Miki. I thought the episode was thrilling though for the first half. And that poor dog ;_;. Second half was more lighter until the ending with zombies again. I like Kurumi's resolve though and her usage of that shovel.

Jul 30, 2015 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
That ED, I. Need. It.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2015 6:26 AM

Apr 2009
That ED was almost a bit much
Jul 30, 2015 7:08 AM

Mar 2014
So soft (✿◠‿◠)

Jul 30, 2015 7:43 AM

Jan 2015
Thanks to god they are adapting the Field Trip's arc (in the anime "outing") in 2 episodes, i was a bit worried.

Lol the ED made all sadder
Jul 30, 2015 7:44 AM

Jun 2014
kurumi so fucking badass!
Jul 30, 2015 7:45 AM

May 2013
I like how Yuki hums the op at the begining. :3
Jul 30, 2015 7:48 AM
Apr 2014
Flashbacks the anime
Spoiler below.
Jul 30, 2015 7:48 AM

Jul 2007
I wonder how long will they drag Megu-nee reveal considering

Miki's backstory was also interesting. Very brutal and horrifying setting and very atmospheric portrayal of the mall bursting into chaos.

5/5

Mod Edit: Possible spoiler tagged.
rodacJul 30, 2015 10:44 PM
Jul 30, 2015 7:50 AM

Jan 2015
Drake1000 said:
Flashbacks the anime

Yeah, in the manga there are a lot of flashbacks. 1 more in the next episode and another around episode 8-9
Jul 30, 2015 7:52 AM

Oct 2010
Sad to see Kei not staying with Miki and Taroumaru. Pretty worried for Taro going out by himself like that. Kurumi was a badass in this ep, taking out zombies and jumping on cars. Heck, she even escaped the zombies when she was cornered. Lol'ed at her karate chops on Yuki's head. And that ending. I'm glad they didn't rush the Miki arc and saved two episodes for it.
Jul 30, 2015 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
The first three episodes really tested my patience, but this time I am able to be more forgiving of the slice-of-life material, given that everything else is so strong. It was interesting seeing how Miki and her friend were able to survive and how their relationship gradually became more strained the longer they stayed in that room. It was also good to see that they actually showed why Taroumaru seems to hate Miki. Also, it's pretty lucky that they were able to get out of the school, but how the hell are they going to get back in again, especially as they'll have a dog and another person with them as well as some more supplies (presumably)?

Also, anyone know what the ED's called and who sings it? I need it.
Jul 30, 2015 7:59 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I thought Kei was very naive for wanting to go outside even after grasping the weight of the situation. Pretty sure she must've fallen at some point afterwards.

Kurumi was so epic with her shovel! She's also quite pro at driving too, taking out 1-2 zombies in process. Best girl at her best.~

Jul 30, 2015 7:59 AM

Jan 2012
So this week we see the start of the outbreak through Miki's eyes. Guess she'll be meeting the others next week. This week she was just with her friend Kei who leaves their shelter by the end...well and Taromaru. Those end credits with that song were very powerful I thought, very sad.
Jul 30, 2015 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode. Can't wait to see the next episode next week.
Jul 30, 2015 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
danieltortoisee said:

Also, anyone know what the ED's called and who sings it? I need it.

"We took each other's hand" by Sawada Kaori (澤田 かおり)
Jul 30, 2015 8:09 AM

Mar 2014
they omitted some of the stuff about surviving at the mall but it was necessary to whittle it down. you can only have so much flashback after all. the episode ended at a decent place and the ending song was a nice creative touch tying in with the movie ending line.
Jul 30, 2015 8:17 AM

Oct 2014
Kurumi's such a badass, lost her weapon, surrounded by zombies, her back on the wall:
She stomps on her shovel, grins and ATTACKS LIKE A TORNADO SHOVEL!!!
Badass!

Also pretty brave and eager to experience new stuff, like driving a car for the first time when all her experience had been from her gaming car races.^^;
Though she probably had here and there some tipps from her father or mother as well given that she is a third year in highschool where you start taking driving exams sometimes.

I liked the whole hand-holding between Kei and Miki and how it was used to show how they are slipping away from each other. Miki who wants to curl up in her safety room and never leave it again and Kei who wants to leave and get proactive, get help on their own instead of hoping that someday hell will come their way.
And now even Torimaru left... Miki must feel so depressed and lonely right now...

Also Kurumi looks great with her ringtails~ <3
Jul 30, 2015 8:18 AM

Sep 2009
. Let it be, although it could play better for Miki's characterization. and we'll probably see balloon scene later. But overall it was another good ep.
Nachtwandler_21Jul 30, 2015 8:30 AM
Jul 30, 2015 8:20 AM

Jan 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Let it be, although it could play better for Miki's characterization. and we';ll probably see balloon scene later. But overall it was another good ep.

I have the feeling they are going to show it later. Use the spoiler tag because if in the next episode they are gonna adapt it, it is a spoiler.
XenocrisiJul 30, 2015 8:26 AM
Jul 30, 2015 8:21 AM

Jul 2012
Haven't read the manga, but so far I like the show a lot. The pacing feels a little slow at times though.
Jul 30, 2015 8:22 AM

Jan 2015
robo731 said:
Haven't read the manga, but so far I like the show a lot. The pacing feels a little slow at times though.

the manga has a slow pace too, and you should think that they are cutting some chapters, so it'd be slower.
Jul 30, 2015 8:32 AM

Sep 2009
Xenocrisi said:
I have the feeling they are going to show it later. Use the spoiler tag because if in the next episode they are gonna adapt it, it is a spoiler.

I doubt it. If they wanted to include that part, they'd done it this ep. Cause with Kei gone there's no reason to add it. Of cause they could but with only Miki there it will make less sense.
Jul 30, 2015 8:38 AM

Jan 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Xenocrisi said:

I doubt it. If they wanted to include that part, they'd done it this ep. Cause with Kei gone there's no reason to add it. Of cause they could but with only Miki there it will make less sense.

I remember that it happened before
Jul 30, 2015 8:47 AM

Jul 2013
ouch The Megu part gets me down... Same to Miki Bestfriend kei

How sad people important to you die hard to move on.
Jul 30, 2015 8:56 AM
Jun 2015
Pretty good episode. The beginning gave me Dead Rising 2 vibes, with the outbreak happening inside the mall.

That ED song was dope, but depressing at the same time.

Kurumi is the Daryl Dixon of this series. She's always puttin' in the most work.
Jul 30, 2015 8:57 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Me while listening to the ED song :

DatRandomDudeJul 30, 2015 9:05 AM
Jul 30, 2015 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
Finally we get to see how Miki and Taroumaru join the "School Living Club". ^_^ Sad about Kei, gonna assume she fell since she didn't join the group. Kind of scared me when Taroumaru got blood on him and the old lady became a zombie. I was afraid she attacked him but I guess he just got her blood on him.

Kurumi is a badass bitch. At this point I'm thinking there's nothing this chick can't do as long as she's got her trusty shovel! Kurumi + Shovel-kun forever!
Jul 30, 2015 9:06 AM

Oct 2014
Good lord Miki and Kei were idiots. I mean, it's one thing to go outside in a Zombie Apocalypse, but it's another thing entirely to go alone/let your friend go alone and potentially die/zombify.

And the only reason Miki even bothers going to search for Kei (I presume), is because of Taroumaru. What a good friend she is eh?

The rest of the episode is pretty ok. Though it really boggles me why would they not just drive out of town and look for help. I mean just because their town is gone doesnt necessarily mean the whole country is doomed. At least go find some survivors and gas.
Jul 30, 2015 9:06 AM

Jun 2014
I personally didn't really like this episode...
I have some minor complaint which affected my enjoyment of this episode.

Firstly, they censored the elevator scene... it's alright to censor it honestly but it was so short I couldn't feel stressed by it at all...
There is also the way the flashback started, it was really weird imo.
Then there is the music, the SoL feel really different from the manga, I guess it's the music but it do affect my enjoyment.
And finally there is the changes... they cut some really good part like the whole group of survivor in the mall(which is imo way more realistic than only 2 girls getting alive)and the scene where Kurumi timed her running time with a shovel on her back which help with her characterisation.

Nonetheless it was a correct episode and I would give it a 3/5.
Thai777Jul 30, 2015 9:12 AM
Jul 30, 2015 9:12 AM

Nov 2013
That's the greatest ending scene episode in this season. Gud jab, director and author-kun.

I got a fallout-like feel at the end
Jul 30, 2015 9:15 AM

Feb 2014
Kei is fucking stupid, who the fuck goes outside in a zombie apocalypse. I know she is just a child but still... don't like her at all.
Really liked the episode anyways, that was my only complaint. And I'm always happy to see the shovel princess in action.
Jul 30, 2015 9:16 AM

Feb 2015
why didn't Miki go with them and where was Miki in the episode?
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Jul 30, 2015 9:17 AM

Feb 2011
a dog pram? D:
just hope that blood on the dog didn't infect it and at some random time it'll turn zombie too..

oh wow, kurumi looks more like she's hunting rather than running away :O

crash into zombies and yuki "are they working on the road too?" xD
that structure erosion sure is strange, it got all rusty only in around a year?

different ending? that looked like the end of a movie xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 30, 2015 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
Liked the episode today.
Pretty deep and also shows the friendship btwn Mikii and Kei and how friendships can truly be tested in times of adversity.

Jul 30, 2015 9:24 AM

Jun 2015
What is the ending song in the episode? Lovely tune.

I'm enjoying this anime so far, but I do think it relies too much on flashback, which makes the storytelling a bit jarring.
Jul 30, 2015 9:26 AM

Sep 2014
It feels so good to hear Kimura Juri's voice once again.
Jul 30, 2015 9:43 AM

Jan 2015
Omg !!! The OST at the end !!! Awesome!!
Happy to see them get outside and take a look at the world, and Kei was actually so cool, a very enjoyable episode!
Jul 30, 2015 9:49 AM

Feb 2015
I'm thinking about dropping this anime.
Jul 30, 2015 9:51 AM

Dec 2013
SukiMikasa said:
why didn't Miki go with them and where was Miki in the episode?

I'm assuming the entire episode, apart from when Miki was telling the others about the girl in her picture, was one big flashback to explain how it was that Miki joined the others at their school.

So basically the other three girls were already surviving at the school when Yuki came up with that great idea to make a visit to the mall (the other girls wanted to replenish their provisions). Miki was holed up in that place with her friend and the dog since the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse.

I kind of understand Kei being a young teenage girl, and probably suffering from being holed up in that room all the time in fear, probably couldn't take it anymore and just wanted to leave and die on her own terms. It's just really sad that she felt strong enough about it to no longer care about protecting Miki. I just hope that by the end of this arc, Miki doesn't have to see Kei's dead body, or worse Kei turned into a zombie.

By the way, can someone spoil me on this part, was Megu-nee already dead in this flashback? I know that she's just a support mechanism in Yuki's head in present times, but there were certain scenes in this flashback that makes me wonder if she was still here, especially since Kurumi directly answered her when she said she hadn't driven in a while, instead of reacting to something Yuki said.

Considering what I'm expecting to happen next week, that ED was just sad as heck...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 30, 2015 9:52 AM

May 2013
Nice episode focused to Miki and her friend. Well i think there will be more explanations later on because how in the world Megumi was on the car.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 30, 2015 9:57 AM

Jul 2007
L-Ryoshi said:
but there were certain scenes in this flashback that makes me wonder if she was still here, especially since Kurumi directly answered her when she said she hadn't driven in a while, instead of reacting to something Yuki said.

Did she now? I doubt it.
The way I see it the car was brought up and Kurumi volunteered to drive. The Megunee hallucination just happened to talk in between about how she cant drive.
Jul 30, 2015 10:00 AM

Mar 2014
Dead by stupid.
Jul 30, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
Now I'm glad that I'm not dropped it. Nice episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 30, 2015 10:11 AM

Dec 2013
CookingPriest said:
L-Ryoshi said:
but there were certain scenes in this flashback that makes me wonder if she was still here, especially since Kurumi directly answered her when she said she hadn't driven in a while, instead of reacting to something Yuki said.

Did she now? I doubt it.
The way I see it the car was brought up and Kurumi volunteered to drive. The Megunee hallucination just happened to talk in between about how she cant drive.

Ah, but unless it was a subbing error, Kurumi distinctly stated "Then why don't I drive.".
That's a suggestive answer to a question that nobody put out. No one said anything about Megumi not being able to drive, and Yuki sure as heck said nothing to the others suggesting that Megumi (in her mind?) had told them that she wasn't able to drive. Hence, unless Kurumi had heard directly what Megumi had said, or unless she had telepathy and knew exactly what "Megumi" said to Yuki inside her head, then her response wouldn't make sense.

If it were truly the case of her volunteering to drive when nobody asked the question, she would have said "I'll drive" or "Let me drive" instead.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 30, 2015 10:12 AM

Jan 2013
SweetCoconut said:
Nice episode focused to Miki and her friend. Well i think there will be more explanations later on because how in the world Megumi was on the car.

you still dont get it ?
Jul 30, 2015 10:14 AM

Mar 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
So basically the other three girls were already surviving at the school when Yuki came up with that great idea to make a visit to the mall (the other girls wanted to replenish their provisions).
Which is kinda silly because they have their own supermarket at school... Unless they brought all that in, which I doubt, or maybe they hadn't found it yet, which I also doubt. I don't see what would be so important to go get at a mall when you've a supermarket right next to you, but it doesn't really matter.
Jul 30, 2015 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
Paulo27 said:
L-Ryoshi said:
So basically the other three girls were already surviving at the school when Yuki came up with that great idea to make a visit to the mall (the other girls wanted to replenish their provisions).
Which is kinda silly because they have their own supermarket at school... Unless they brought all that in, which I doubt, or maybe they hadn't found it yet, which I also doubt. I don't see what would be so important to go get at a mall when you've a supermarket right next to you, but it doesn't really matter.

Don't ask me, mate. I'm just going by the evidence. Another speculation would be that the supermarket at school was running low on supplies, or there were certain items that the school super just didn't have (like power tools and stuff?). You do note that the supermarket at school isn't exactly a large one, right?
We could spend the whole week speculating, but in the end it'd be easier just to wait a week to see (unless you go and read the manga).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 30, 2015 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Paulo27 said:
Don't ask me, mate. I'm just going by the evidence. Another speculation would be that the supermarket at school was running low on supplies, or there were certain items that the school super just didn't have (like power tools and stuff?). You do note that the supermarket at school isn't exactly a large one, right?
We could spend the whole week speculating, but in the end it'd be easier just to wait a week to see (unless you go and read the manga).
We see it's pretty well supplied in early episodes, and they didn't really take a truck to the mall or anything, plus, I really doubt they'll get much aside from just rescuing Miki, it's just one of those things that you can't focus too much attention on.
Jul 30, 2015 10:29 AM

Apr 2010
Now we need to wait on the Blue Rays so we can see Kurumi owning zombies without censors in the way.

In any case Mii chan reading Stephen King tells me she has good taste.
oldpier said:
I needed this.

She was wearing the same thing in the manga tho i wander why she would wear a black garter belt and white panties.
Wouldn't black panties and a black garter belt be better or a white garter belt with white panties?
I prefer black myself tho.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

540 by heikkinench »»
Oct 13, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

513 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2015

323 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

291 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

382 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 9:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.