Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2014 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And this wraps up the OVA. Wasn't a fan of this OVA but we do see Rin, which is my favorite character from the franchise. Mm, looks like she got into a little trouble with bad people too.

And Haruto spotted at the end in an embrace with Eba.
Mar 26, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
Kind of a meh-ish thing for me, but still I liked it as it wrapped up the whole Kimi no Iru Machi series.
Mar 26, 2014 9:36 AM
Dec 2013
what a horrible, HORRIBLE ova. seriously, the camera ius all wonky, i have no idea what is going on, and everything here is acting like it's a psychological/horror genre when clearly it's not. production I.G. should've handled this. but i did start to like rin's boyfriend.
Mar 27, 2014 7:00 PM
Jan 2014
Spider-titan55 said:
what a horrible, HORRIBLE ova. seriously, the camera ius all wonky, i have no idea what is going on, and everything here is acting like it's a psychological/horror genre when clearly it's not. production I.G. should've handled this. but i did start to like rin's boyfriend.

Yo i think there is a 3rd ova lol, i don't think the first 1 actuall counted as the last two
i believe the last ova will be the last chapter, as this one seems to be the second to last chapter from yuzuki's veiw
Not 100% sure but he did say the end would be animated and theres a release date for the 3rd ova on this website

oh and i agree, this ova was kind of dark haha an the animation was like wtf lol

although i could deffs be wrong lol
http://www.anime4you.com/watch/kimi-no-iru-machi-ova-2014-episode-3.html
skehan17Mar 27, 2014 7:09 PM
Mar 31, 2014 9:35 AM
Dec 2013
skehan17 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

Yo i think there is a 3rd ova lol, i don't think the first 1 actuall counted as the last two
i believe the last ova will be the last chapter, as this one seems to be the second to last chapter from yuzuki's veiw
Not 100% sure but he did say the end would be animated and theres a release date for the 3rd ova on this website

oh and i agree, this ova was kind of dark haha an the animation was like wtf lol

it might be an error but i really want to see how it plays out. i wonder if the next possible ova will have the same style as the manga but more lengths like haruto and asuka's moment, rin's moment with haruto, and quite possibly a few others
Apr 3, 2014 10:20 AM

Jun 2010
they should've animated the fantasy chapters instead ;D
Apr 5, 2014 7:09 AM
Dec 2013
tittycakesXD said:

yeah, but with some other studios like prodcution I.G. gonzo looks like total shit. they have no idea what they are even doing.
Apr 13, 2014 3:44 AM

Nov 2008
Sooo.. anybody translating it ?
I've seen a raw episode, but without knowing japanese i can't just put a "completed" tag on this series yet.
Apr 26, 2014 2:59 PM

Mar 2012
Blue_Qbe said:
Sooo.. anybody translating it ?
I've seen a raw episode, but without knowing japanese i can't just put a "completed" tag on this series yet.

.....Where is the translation??
May 1, 2014 1:19 PM
Jan 2014
I feel the same way, I can't say I've finished watching this until I see the second ova episode, for that matter I can't even find the raw video of the episode. Where did you guys find it at?
May 3, 2014 6:02 PM

Jul 2012
Yo who's Kitajima's voice actor. Sounds like Tatsun... I really like the complex relationship between those two (it's not that complex compared to real relationships but more complex than most anime otps). Wish we got a resolution for those two.

No matter how messy the story is in this show, I really adore the directing and scenery. It's great. The music matches it too.

potrick999 said:
I feel the same way, I can't say I've finished watching this until I see the second ova episode, for that matter I can't even find the raw video of the episode. Where did you guys find it at?

It's on animeplus now
May 3, 2014 6:18 PM

Oct 2010
I hated it just as much as I did the manga and anime series. I don't even know why I watched it to be honest, I guess curiosity got the better of me.
May 3, 2014 6:20 PM

Feb 2011
mayukachan said:
It's on animeplus now

It was released completely free by CMS Side Projects, if you paid someone to stream it, you got ripped off.
May 3, 2014 6:48 PM

Feb 2013
I guess it's nice how this OVA animated something that wasn't on the manga? I dunno.

manabilt said:
mayukachan said:
It's on animeplus now

It was released completely free by CMS Side Projects, if you paid someone to stream it, you got ripped off.

animeplus is a free streaming site FYI lol
May 3, 2014 6:54 PM

May 2013
Good ending. Fuuka running into Yuzuki at the end there.
May 3, 2014 6:56 PM

Feb 2011
JPthugnificent said:
animeplus is a free streaming site FYI lol

When I looked at it, the main thing on the page is talking about $15 a month, couldn't eve look at a series list without a membership. Doesn't look free at all. Maybe it has free streaming available, but it looks like a paid streaming site. This was the very first hit on Google for animeplus, which I assume is what is being talked about. (It's what others would try too.)
May 3, 2014 7:18 PM
Mar 2012
As much as I appreciate this pseudo-epilogue to the manga series, it felt disappointing like the entire series. I'll still stand by my point that SHAFT would have done a much better job than Gonzo. If only the anime started from the beginning rather than timeskipping to different arcs.

Fuuka at the end though~
May 3, 2014 7:39 PM

Jun 2008
Best part is the last seconds. Hopefully you didn't miss it.
May 3, 2014 9:19 PM

Feb 2012
booo... huge fast forward to the end(last seconds) everyone in that wedding pic... thank goodness read the magna for this, anime did piss me off at times lol
May 3, 2014 9:55 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So Yuzuki and Haruto got married. Well I was never into Yuzuki, more into Asuka, but still nice to see them get married. I like how they put the guy's helmet close to their wedding picture.

I wouldn've liked to see Asuka since they showed all the girls except her.

This episode pretty much showed Yuzuki as a teacher, a couple flash backs, Rin gettin into trouble and a big time skip where Haruto and Yuzuki are living together. Well hopefully there's more and hopefully Asuka gets more screen time.

May 3, 2014 9:55 PM

Apr 2012
As a ironclad fan of the manga, I am thoroughly embarrassed by this OVA, its art, and gonzo in general.

Frankly, the story in the first episode is not bad, but in the second episode the story is more like a 5/10.

Art: 2/10 for both episodes. Debauchery of source material.

Overall 3/10 (and the only reason it's not 2/10 it's because it had a happy ending).
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 3, 2014 11:08 PM
Jul 2012
This wasn't exactly what I was expecting, I thought they'd cover more of the final chapters instead of just the few seconds at the end of the OVA. At least Rin got some screen time and character development I guess.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
May 4, 2014 1:58 AM

Aug 2012
Fuuka at the end spotted
May 4, 2014 2:18 AM

Jul 2012
I like the focus on Rin in this episode. WOOT! We got to see Fuuka at the end of this episode.

Great OVA!!!
May 4, 2014 6:09 AM

May 2009
It looks like these OVAs have more story structure than the entire series, since they butchered it like crazy.
May 4, 2014 9:26 AM

Feb 2008
Well I knew Fuuka art looks very similar to Kimi no Iru machi.
I haven't finish reading the manga yet but probably will read it soon when my heart is ready for drama.

Oh it nice to see Fuuka at the end.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 4, 2014 9:37 AM

Apr 2014
Idk but maybe I should try this fuuka manga
May 4, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2007
I agree with everyone best part was Fuuka at the end. This was really bad it would be better if another studio handle it and they bothered to animate the rest of the arcs and not just the Tokyo one.
May 4, 2014 11:23 AM
Dec 2013
DivineTrinity said:
I agree with everyone best part was Fuuka at the end. This was really bad it would be better if another studio handle it and they bothered to animate the rest of the arcs and not just the Tokyo one.

like prodcution i.g.
May 4, 2014 12:26 PM
Jan 2013
OH, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 4, 2014 1:03 PM

Nov 2011
KNIM anime + OVA can only feel like a half story ... after the manga it's just not enough :/
May 4, 2014 2:52 PM

Dec 2009
This ova didn't do the manga justice. I mean, it was just bad,
May 4, 2014 4:59 PM
Dec 2013
the animation and it's directions kinda sucks. someone like prduction I.G. should've handled it
May 4, 2014 8:25 PM
Feb 2013
bad ova. if i haven't read the manga, i wouldn't even know more than half of anything they talk about.
May 5, 2014 2:01 AM

Dec 2011
I was expecting this OVA to show Yuzuki's POV when she broke up with Haruto and then lead to the ending... but we got Rin instead >.<

But adding Akitsuki Fuuka in the end. Damn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2014 10:24 AM

Aug 2008
As anime viewer only,too many skipping here and there is really confusing for me. Should I just read the manga after being spoiled this much by the anime? I admit,I kinda regret watching the anime.
ZapredonMay 5, 2014 10:39 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 5, 2014 5:06 PM

Jul 2010
Spider-titan55 said:
skehan17 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

it might be an error but i really want to see how it plays out. i wonder if the next possible ova will have the same style as the manga but more lengths like haruto and asuka's moment, rin's moment with haruto, and quite possibly a few others

Please look into what the OVA is supposed to be before complaining about it. This OVA episode is an alternate view of the END OF THE MANGA from Yuzuki's perspective. It is not supposed to be a direct continuation of the earlier anime TV series or the earlier OVA episodes. If you haven't read the manga, it won't make sense. It was distributed with the final volume of the manga, so it isn't designed for people who haven't read the manga, but for people who are buying the final volume.

Overall, I thought it was OK. I liked the part with Rin being Rin. Yuzuki's lack of affect is impressive. As she says to Akari and Nanami - it is like time has stood still. She basically put her entire emotional package on hold waiting for Haruto to get his head out of his ass.

The best part of the OVA? Seeing my favorite Seo heroine appear at the end: Fuuka! (I wonder if the same voice actress will do her voice if Fuuka gets its own anime?)

(Seriously, she is my favorite of his heroines and I think she has been since she started making cameo appearances in KnIM. I just loved her irrepressible character and energy.)
May 10, 2014 5:01 AM

Feb 2012
Though I didn't read the manga, based on the anime and OVA, they basically ruined the franchise. They jam packed 270 chapters of manga to a 12 episode anime and 2 episode OVA ? Everything seemed so rushed. There was a lack of character development for the other characters and left a lot of issues unresolved... They could've separated it into 2-3 seasons, 24-26 episodes per season. If I didn't know the gist of the story, I wouldn't have get what was going on 75% of the time.

The story was very interesting... it really had potential, but it was TOTALLY butchered!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 22, 2014 5:05 AM

Mar 2014
Well if this is an alternate ending from yuzuki's perspective and not the manga's ending Then its a Good Ending. Though may have changes Still Love is on the air.
Yuzuki is a Sensei!! Still Beautiful as ever.
Akari, nanami, rin and other girls grown more like a bishoujo!!!
Love other The Cherry blossom trees .
Nice Ending!!
Anime's Greatness everywhere!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2014 9:10 AM

Dec 2013
It was definitely nice to see the characters again. Brings back memories.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 26, 2014 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
Mhmm definitely not boring, even if I've long forgot the nuances of the plot.
Sep 8, 2014 12:32 AM

Feb 2013
Holy shit! There was defitly a time skip. How many years have passed?! They are at least late 20s. Eba teaching a class?! I do't know why but I actually liked Rin this episode. She's cool when she's not a bitch. It's obvious she likes Kitajima. Woah! We see Nanami and Akari too! Asuka got picked up for the national softball team. Awesome. Too bad we don't get to see her. I guess Nanami moved on. She has a boyfriend and he proposed to her. It seems like most of this episode was about Rin. Yup, Eba and Haruto end up together. They even get married. Cool I guess. I glad most if not all the characters got a good ending. That wedding photo has some character that weren't in the anime. Yeah, the anime skipped a lot. Haruto owns a restaurant and Eba helps out with it. He still had Kazama's helmet. Ooh, theres some feels. I'm gonna read the manga. But is there even a point? I know who Haruto ends up with. I don't know. I'm gonna read it.

Who was that girl with the blue hair and headphones? She seemed important. SHe doesn't have a bland character design.

I guess that's how it ends.
Jan 29, 2015 1:00 AM

Sep 2013
so this second ova takes place before yuzuki gets back with haruto? It takes place while haruto is dating asuka?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Mar 2, 2015 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
tittycakesXD said:
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 29, 2015 10:01 AM

Aug 2014
This episode was fine as an epilogue-conclusion to the anime, seeing how everyone is doing after another timeskip since the final episode of the TV series. 

It was nice to see Fuuka at the end of this episode

Overall, Kimi no Iru Machi was an enjoyable journey.  Out of all the 3 animes from Kouji Seo (Suzuka, Fuuka, Kimi No Iru Machi), Kimi No Iru Machi is the one that I enjoyed the most. 
oooo3333Apr 17, 2023 3:43 PM
Aug 9, 2015 4:33 AM

Dec 2013
The animation for this ending was horrendous.
Still, I guess it was good that this series still received an animated conclusion (If they actually animated the entire thing, it would take 50+ episodes).

It's a nice bonus for those of us who read the entire story, and suffered throughout with all the emo feels. And as stagnant as it became in the later half of the story, I'm glad that I was able to experience this title for a portion of my life.

Jose07 said:
so this second ova takes place before yuzuki gets back with haruto? It takes place while haruto is dating asuka?

No, the second ova takes place when Haruto's job took him away from Tokyo for the better part of 2 years and he ended up doing Long-D with her again after they graduated from College. Iirc, they ended up taking a "break" of sorts after realizing how hard it would be to commute between towns to see each other. Yuzuki had to wait for him for a year and a half or something like that before he said "F You" to corporate life and decided to return home to start his diner. This ova just showed how she spent said break.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 15, 2016 7:30 AM
Apr 2015
Watched the episode and like many, I am somewhat disappointed. In the end it was interesting to see what happened in the interval in which they had broken up.

Does anyone know the ending song of this episode? I have tried looking for it via google but couldn't find anything.... : /
Aug 12, 2016 4:36 PM

Jan 2013
This felt weird. But im biased towards KNIM so it got a 7 :/
Mar 16, 2017 3:33 PM

Jul 2014
The Eba sisters focused ep, Neesan is a teacher and imouto is a costume advertising anime. Looks like Rin finally gets the love feels and Neesan was in an off-on relationship with MC.

Not really feeling the post OVA's but damn I'm too lazy to read the manga...

6/10
Jun 17, 2020 1:06 PM

Oct 2012
dang gonzo doesn't really do alot anymore
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi OVA Episode 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Feb 26, 2014

27 by Rurihime »»
Mar 20, 10:55 AM

» In which part of the OVA appears Suzuka?

saeed1m - Jul 21, 2017

0 by saeed1m »»
Jul 21, 2017 4:35 AM

» when will this come out

OGLS - Jan 6, 2014

5 by tittycakes »»
Feb 12, 2014 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.