Forum Settings
Forums
New
Would you support a Valkryie Squad prequel spin-off series?
YES! I wanna know more about Marika and Liliana!
100.0%
NO! Their mystery is what I like so much about them.
0.0%
Don't care. (Why am I visiting this club, anyway?)
0.0%
8 votes
May 30, 2009 3:07 PM
May 2009
There are so many characters and relationships in Code Geass that there is ample material for a spin-off series... prequel, sequel, whatever.

Now imagine if Sunrise were to create a prequel spin-off that focused primarily on the Valkyrie Squad... Yeah, I know this is far-fetched. However, IF they did, would you support it? What genre (drama, action, comedy, etc) would you prefer they make such a series?

Personally, I would prefer it to be mostly drama/action with a little comedy, similar to Code Geass. It would be interesting to see the personalities of Marika and Liliana fleshed out as well as learn the identities of the other two squad members. The show would introduce some of their friends, commanding officers, and show flashbacks revealing how they came to join the Valkyrie Squad. The series would conclude with the tragic events in season 2, ep18, except from their point of view. Yeah, hardly a happy ending, but it would be powerful and non-cliche.

What do you think?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 7, 2009 12:24 PM

Apr 2008
I agree for the most part, except I would end it much earlier in the time-line. I'd rather have a happy ending, maybe even about how they got into the Valkyrie Squad. The things they'd go through and all that jazz, you know?
Jun 7, 2009 12:28 PM

Jun 2009
I mean yup ;D

Jul 12, 2009 9:58 PM
May 2009
You may be right, Rai. I still think such a spin-off series would have a much more emotional impact if it acknowledged their fates, though... Perhaps it would best end a day before their final sortie, with still frames shown highlighting their preparation for it amidst a dramatic musical score similar to the track "Stories" from the first series OST1.

Here are two thought-provoking ideas for subplots:
- Although formerly a pacifist, Marika joins the the Valkyrie Squad solely to avenge her brother's death and seek his killer. It is there that she befriends Liliana, who helps her to control her desire for revenge. (This subplot seems quite logical given the fact that Marika's final exclamation is her brother's name).
- It'd be intriguing if one of the Valkyrie Squad members and Karen somehow shared a past. Karen's inability to contact her after the battle leads her to discover that she is the one who killed her... I'd be curious how Karen would react to that.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
ElegantSuccubusJul 12, 2009 10:08 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Share your creative work in memorializing these fascinating characters...

ElegantSuccubus - Oct 5, 2017

33 by Vaguelyweebish »»
Jun 23, 2022 3:35 PM

» So why did YOU join the Valkyries' Club?

ElegantSuccubus - Sep 14, 2009

19 by Vaguelyweebish »»
May 16, 2021 8:11 PM

» Luciano's Reaction (or lack thereof)

ElegantSuccubus - Jul 12, 2009

1 by enderheisenberg »»
Aug 27, 2018 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.