3It was OK
7.7%
2Disliked it
0.6%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.5
155 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2007 2:00 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Allelujah is schizophrenic, Tieria becomes a man-women when Virtue goes Nadleeh (ore wa, boku wa, watashi wa <_< ) and Lockon and Setsuna didn't do anything interesting at all...

What I don't get however is that mobile suits can dodge lasers but a Gundam can't dodge random grapple thingies. D= The walls played ping-pong with Sumeragi. I wished I was a wall...

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Dec 9, 2007 8:01 PM

Oct 2007
I don't understand animes and lasers =(
Lasers are light. Light travels, well, at the speed of light. Thus we are forced to conclude lasers travel at light speed. Yet they kept dodging >_< It doesn't make sense. I wish I were the wall too =)
Dec 9, 2007 8:22 PM

Jan 2007
entertaining episode. It was neat to see Virtue's second form even though I don't like Nadleeh's design.
Dec 9, 2007 9:35 PM

Oct 2007
I think you guys are looking too deep into, accept it for what it is a sci-fi mega action anime, the basis of science has little meaning when you look at it from a persective of just watching it for what it is.

Vertue is a clunky gundam thats a pure damage class and cant dodge well thats why it has a massive ammount of armour as well as the particle engine as a shield.
Kyrious got caught because of that wench messing with his brain waves.

As for dodging lasers well... it would be quite boring if they all died end of......

Dec 9, 2007 9:46 PM

Sep 2007
I'm curious to see how many more crazy people they can fit into this show. My guess: five.
I'm looking forward to Tieria shutting up for a long time now (hopefully).
Dec 10, 2007 12:38 AM
Nov 2007
m-boy said:
So Allelujah is schizophrenic, Tieria becomes a man-women when Virtue goes Nadleeh (ore wa, boku wa, watashi wa <_< ) and Lockon and Setsuna didn't do anything interesting at all...
Technically Allelujah isn't schizophrenic, he has Multiple Personality Disorder. A very common mistake. Not that that makes him any less crazy. And we should've realized from the moment Tieria walked out in that pink sweater and yellow shirt that he was a man-woman.
All-in-all, a very enjoyable episode.
Dec 10, 2007 12:39 AM

Jun 2007
Wow this ep was amazing. Although they Blatantly ripped off Gundam X's crazy Multiple Personality guy but that's fine because we defiantly needed a crazy Multiple Personality guy somewhere in this series. It made it more interesting in the long run.

Tieria is a bitch, just when I thought he was gonna get his ass kicked he sheds his invincible Gundam's Armor and becomes even more invincible (I liked the new look though). His Gundam is the only one I dislike when it comes to battle features. He basically has everything, wear as the others all have clear disadvantages to specific things. It's no wonder he picks on everyone else, telling them they're not fit to pilot a Gundam, his is f*cken god.

Dec 10, 2007 4:29 AM

Oct 2007
Great episode XD

looks like they eventually survived and what's with Nadleeh design? the hair looks wierd lol!

also seeing Allelujah having 2 spilt personalities..

getting interesting!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2007 4:33 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
He has one split personality.

Good catch on Tiera, m-boy. I didn't notice that. I enjoyed the episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 10, 2007 5:50 AM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
entertaining episode. It was neat to see Virtue's second form even though I don't like Nadleeh's design.

I actually liked the other form, it was nice...

cyruz said:
He has one split personality.

Good catch on Tiera, m-boy. I didn't notice that. I enjoyed the episode.

I think the split personality is the super-soldier thing they put in him...

Besides that a nice episode, although way too much crying was going on at the end...
Dec 10, 2007 5:52 AM

Nov 2004
I really didn't like the new Gundam design. Ugly. Really ugly. Still not liking Tieria at all (maybe when we learn why he's so... obsessed with following the plan we may like him more later). Yeah, Allelujah makes things more interesting. Even if he is crazy. And indeed, tons of crying. Least no one cries like Kira (Hoshi Souchirou).
Dec 10, 2007 1:26 PM

Nov 2007
It was a good episode. Lots of action and what not, but I really think that Nadleeh looks really dumb, especially with it's hair. I never liked Allelujah.
Dec 10, 2007 3:27 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I knew Hallelujah would get him out of that container... but I have to admit, he's a savage personality. Holy crow. I didn't like that scene at all (him slowly killing the guy) in very primal or instinctual way. Eck.

After Tieria was talking down Allelujah (I mean, it really wasn't his fault he got captured) I rooting for HRL to get him xD Virtue = Giant? I'd have named it something like Fatso, or Sumo, lol. But I didn't see the weird glowing cat eyes coming (Tieria's eyes) and the random long red hair (Gundam's hair). Um... what purpose does the hair exactly serve? I want to see an enemy unit comes and pull it's hair during a fight, LOL. But nonetheless, the egomaniac got his ego knocked down a notch, so I'm happy ^^

Yeah, lots of crying. Holy crow. I thought that was weird.
Dec 10, 2007 3:40 PM

Feb 2007
What interests me the most after this episode is Nadleeh's hair. I mean, you'd have to be pretty insane to put it there without any function at all. So what exactly is it for?

Also, Louise = <3
Dec 10, 2007 3:59 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
^ It's like war paint. A ritual for/of war.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 10, 2007 5:24 PM

Oct 2007
Um... I may have been seeing it wrong, and I know that it was obvious that Allelujah has two personalities... But, if you pay close attention, both Tieria and Allelujah have golden eyes during the whole panic part at the end. When Alleujah is the other personality, and when Tieria unleashes the Nadleeh. Which leads me to believe that possibly all four of the Gundam Meisters have some crazy built-in panic button. It also leads me to believe that perhaps all four gundams have additional forms or 'alter egos'.
Dec 10, 2007 5:29 PM

Aug 2007
A good episode. I wish Setsuna could of done something more important, but I hope this episode makes Tieria change his ways. I like his new design, but I hope it can do some close range fighting.
Dec 11, 2007 9:17 AM

Nov 2007
i've read somewhere that Nadleeh's got those hairlike cords since its attached to its original armor XDD

liked the episode btw, poor lieutenant ming :O
Dec 11, 2007 2:15 PM

Sep 2007
Cursedtoy said:
Um... I may have been seeing it wrong, and I know that it was obvious that Allelujah has two personalities... But, if you pay close attention, both Tieria and Allelujah have golden eyes during the whole panic part at the end. When Alleujah is the other personality, and when Tieria unleashes the Nadleeh. Which leads me to believe that possibly all four of the Gundam Meisters have some crazy built-in panic button. It also leads me to believe that perhaps all four gundams have additional forms or 'alter egos'.

That's kind of what I think. I'm waiting to find out all four of them have something up with them.
Dec 11, 2007 6:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well, this episode must be the best episode so far. Tiera got kicked (yeah..) and Hallelujiah shows up finally... Disappointed by the fact that Gundams were easily captured....I mean...they need more power than that to change the world. But at least all Meisters show weakness, which is a very human thing..... I'm disappointed of Exia's performance so far though....Setsuna should get more action....(not just counting how many mobile suits he wrecked....)
wakka9caDec 11, 2007 7:06 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 11, 2007 9:49 PM

Oct 2007
Wiki Nadleeh and you get this
Dec 11, 2007 10:31 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Halfofacupnoodle said:
Wiki Nadleeh and you get this

It didn't really explain it on wiki, but Nadleeh is the Navajo (currently largest tribe in North America) word for berdache (or two spirit).

So Setsuna seems to be middle eastern-ish, Lockon Irish, and Allelujah Asian (not sure what exactly, but somewhere in the HRL)... could Tieria be Native xD I wonder if the name means anything about his weird cat-eye/transformation thing, or if they just chose that name because they felt like it.

Random thought:
Dec 12, 2007 12:19 PM

Nov 2007
Wang needs to make more appearances as this show's voice of reason. The best part of this episode is where she points out that while the Gundams are perfect according to Schenberg's design, the pilots are horribly flawed. She's almost like the voice of writers saying "yeah, we know..." I don't think we're going to end up with a post-modern Gundam series, but I like how at least Wang notices how silly this stuff is.
Dec 12, 2007 2:02 PM

Dec 2007
Gah...this show becomes more like Gundam Wing with each passing episode. I saw that one guy at the end and had flashbacks to Trieze. :P

As far as this episode goes...I'm glad the "we need to show that the Gundams aren't invincible" episodes are over. They were relatively painless, and easily forgotten as long as they don't happen again. Aside from all that...

ROFL. Don't you love it when someone is losing a fight, but unleashes some hidden power and totally OWNS everyone, but complains because they didn't want to unleash that special power just yet? I find it utterly hilarious.

"I...I lost!"

"...They're dead!" XD

As far as Allelujah, his multiple personality disorder explains a lot. Seems like he's a decent guy until his other side comes out, but I have to be honest...I didn't feel sorry for Lt. Ming. After capturing that Gundam, they would've taken that kid and tested on him, and either killed him for being a traitor to the HRL, or kept him as a lifetime guinea pig. And he would've had a clean conscience about what he did, 'cause y'know...he was "preserving the peace of his nation". Meh. So long, chump.

My only problem is that I see they're already introducing character shields. :P Could've at least waited until the second season for that. It just reminded me slightly of Gundam Wing. That episode where Heero hops in a Leo for whatever reason (the crappiest suit in the show), and takes on an army of Taurus mobile dolls (read: one level below a Gundam in skills/abilities), and is still alive at the end of the episode. The ENTIRE group of people he was fighting with died...he just lost a few limbs off his mobile suit. :P If you didn't see this in that episode, go back; watch it again. Why is that girl in the pink suit still alive after being hit with Hallelujah's laser rifle, like 60 times? And not in the head or other extremities--in the chest! She should've been space debris. :P
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 12, 2007 7:00 PM

Dec 2007
Nadleeh's "hair" is actully cords that power the Virtue's armor and its about time we see Tieria stop acting like he so good and all
Dec 12, 2007 9:19 PM

Dec 2007
Heh. Tieria was a bit of a jerk, but he's on the "right" side so I guess I'm the only one who didn't need to see him "knocked down a peg". Of course, the fact remains that those who did that are all dead. :D
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 12, 2007 10:12 PM

Dec 2007
Wow these pilots really have some serious mental issues...that girl can predict the craziest things but can't predict this? Seems inconsistent. The Nahdleeh was the best part of this episode.
Dec 12, 2007 11:12 PM

Oct 2007
Robotic hairs will always be extremely useful. Seriously, did they just add hair for looks or does it actually do something useful.

Dec 13, 2007 2:19 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
cyruz said:
^ It's like war paint. A ritual for/of war.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 13, 2007 9:45 AM

Oct 2006
; ; Am I the only one who actually likes Tieria? I mean, yeah, he's a bitch, but he's a badass psycho bitch! ^_^; I might like him even more now that he's shown he's crazy. (the 'ore wa, boku wa, watashi wa' thing threw me off for a few minutes though. Now I don't know WHAT to think about his gender.)

I kinda figured the bulkiness in the Virtue was armor; they wouldn't stick the pretty boy in a machine like that one. ^_^; What's up with the hair though...a Gundam with hair...that's just plain weird. Even weirder than feather wings in space.
NezumiDec 13, 2007 9:48 AM
Dec 13, 2007 11:18 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
The ore, boku and watashi part of Tiera's speech shows a loosening of his ego. It does not necessarily by itself hint the female-male aspect of Tiera. It is the combination of the name of his gundam, his feminine look and this speech that indicate this complex feminine-masculine personality.

Also, watashi itself is not at all feminine, atashi is. However, ore and boku are usually restricted to male speaker or someone with a high ego. Boku can be used by male children or between friends. It shouldn't be used with someone you meet in the street. Ore is rather offensive unless used with someone really close to you. Watashi is used by everyone in a normal conversation at a normal/polite conversation with strangers or superiors. (watakushi being extremely polite and not used often nowadays)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 14, 2007 12:19 PM
Nov 2007
Epi 10 was a great episode.
Dec 14, 2007 1:38 PM

Dec 2007
glitch said:
Wow these pilots really have some serious mental issues...that girl can predict the craziest things but can't predict this? Seems inconsistent. The Nahdleeh was the best part of this episode.

It was done just for the purpose of making the Gundams not seem overpowered. I agree, its consistent, and I don't buy it. Somehow I bet in episode 11 they'll be stomping mobile suits and being super-perfect again. :D

Have to disagree though...best part of this ep was Allelujah going nuts.
Dec 15, 2007 5:47 PM

May 2007
NabeShogun said:
I'm curious to see how many more crazy people they can fit into this show. My guess: five.
I'm looking forward to Tieria shutting up for a long time now (hopefully).

Ditto.
Dec 19, 2007 12:00 AM

Aug 2007
O.K episode, too much things going on, made Setsuna seem like a scrub against cannon fodder.

Censored_Vagina said:
Wang needs to make more appearances as this show's voice of reason. The best part of this episode is where she points out that while the Gundams are perfect according to Schenberg's design, the pilots are horribly flawed. She's almost like the voice of writers saying "yeah, we know..." I don't think we're going to end up with a post-modern Gundam series, but I like how at least Wang notices how silly this stuff is.

I agree.
Jun 6, 2008 11:22 AM

May 2008
pretty good episode i guess.
i've been watching this series while being in a half-asleep half-awake state except for this episode so i guess it made improvements. but yea its my first time noticing that the guy from the UN is part of the celestial being organization. is that why the UN helped that princess lady who setsuna was revealed himself to?
Jul 18, 2008 7:37 AM

Jun 2007
Wow, plenty of guys going off the deep end here!

That Nadleeh(?) is way too overpowered...but it does make Tiera weep like a little kid who spilt his ice-cream, so maybe that's it's weakness!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Aug 15, 2008 3:18 PM

Jun 2008
I guess I'm pretty late in joining this discussion. Regarding dodging lasers, we can't assume it's made completely of light. Just because it emits light doesn't mean it is. I watched an episode on disc. channel about lasers before, related to UFOs and Star Wars. If it were possible, it would most likely be Plasma being used, not pure light.

Anyway, dang. I think Nadleeh would have looked better without the 'hair'. I hope there's a reason for it.
Oct 23, 2008 6:27 PM
Mar 2008
Allelujah and Tieria were pretty bad ass even tho they had to break down crying.
Oct 29, 2008 7:53 PM
Apr 2008
this series just got better as its funny that almost everybody in the celestial beings are crazy in a sense or have a psychological problem.....................so far i guess the normal one would be seisei since theres split personality(not schizophrenia), narcists, and so on all he has is past resentment
Apr 2, 2009 10:40 AM

May 2008
m-boy said:
Tieria becomes a man-women when Virtue goes Nadleeh (ore wa, boku wa, watashi wa <_< )

I didn't interpret it as much as the feminine "watashi" as the formal masculine. So basically, rather than going from an incredeibly masculine pronoun to a relatively feminine one, he's going from an very pompous pronoun to a very humble one. But I suppose it could be viewed as both.

I love how Allelujah's and Hallelujah's hair are on different sides. *laughs*
May 27, 2009 10:59 AM

Jun 2008
That was some good action. Best episode yet. So in the end all Gundam pilots are crazy as hell. Anyway why to i see Gundam Wing everywhere?
Jun 6, 2009 7:41 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, a very nice battle for this episode.

It's amazing that the Gundams always seem to have something up their sleeves. Just when it looked like Tieria was doomed he shed his armor and revealed the Gundam Nodlee. I had no idea that was going to happen, and it seems like a very nice feature because it looks like it allows for both power and mobility. Though apparently they were supposed to reveal it much later, so Tieria was quite upset...a little too upset in my opinion. I know he wasn't supposed to do that but is it really necessary to cry over it? I think we may see some interesting backstory about him later.

But then there was the real treat in getting to see Hallelujiah in action against the super soldier lieutenant. Interestingly enough he also seems to be a super soldier and he apparantly knows her. What's even weirder of course is this split personality thing, hallelujiah really is just crazy evil and apparently hell bent on killing. It's nice that Allelujiah is able to keep him supressed most of the time, but he is upset about the fact that he's even there in the first place; and he even seems to wonder in Hallelujiah is the real him.

So we definitely had a nice battle, and even though they won in the end Celestial Being is very upset over the mistakes they've made; especially Sumeragi. I wonder how what happened here will effect their future operations.

5/5
Jun 14, 2009 6:34 PM

Apr 2007
I was actually looking forward to Tieria getting caught after he planned to shoot Allelujah when he got captured. His attitude just bugged me, because Allelujah got caught cause he was unconscious. Though it was nice to see him put his own self in check with his"ore wa, boku wa, watashi wa"

This epi sure had a lot of crying though.

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Aug 4, 2009 1:01 AM

May 2008
Allelujah split personality was Interesting.
Nadleeh's form without the extra armor was great but released to early..
Aug 16, 2009 1:36 AM

Sep 2008
Hallelujah FTW!

And what is big idea with that Saiji and Louisie drama?
Feb 7, 2010 11:30 AM

Nov 2008
It seems that there is more to them than meets the eye. I wonder if they will tell their past history. It would be interesting.
Jul 29, 2010 8:05 PM

Jun 2009
And then everyone cried...
It was a good episode.

Nezumi said:
; ; Am I the only one who actually likes Tieria? .

No I find him quite interesting. He is my favorite
Suzune-chanJul 29, 2010 8:15 PM

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 8, 2010 12:13 PM

Sep 2009
Hahahaha, I freakin' LOVE Hallelujah! I was cheering in my head when he put that sword through Lt. Ming...I'm sane, I swear! Otherwise, it was a nice episode. Everything's serious business now.
Aug 19, 2010 8:46 PM

Jan 2009
So the marica-boy's Gundam has hair...

Seriously, a hair in a mecha doesn't suit at all, not in my tastes at least.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

47 by Kaydansnk »»
Oct 21, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 13, 2007

60 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 6, 2007

90 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:10 PM

» Do I need to watch anything before this?

frosty_thoughts - Sep 10

7 by TVWithLancelot »»
Sep 16, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Jan 19, 2008

89 by symiel »»
Aug 7, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.