3It was OK
10.0%
2Disliked it
5.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
20 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2009 4:53 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol'd when Mashiro sneezed XD
Don't worry if you don't understand.
Jun 23, 2009 4:27 AM

Jun 2009
In a way, I think this series has better pacing; at the beginning, at least.I didn't know if I would like Arika as much as Mai at the start. But, after the last few episodes i'm starting to warm up to her.

I got to admit it's pretty cool seeing these character from Hime, and most of them are at least 50% more cool.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 18, 2009 11:26 PM
Aug 2008
usasoldiern said:
In a way, I think this series has better pacing; at the beginning, at least.I didn't know if I would like Arika as much as Mai at the start. But, after the last few episodes i'm starting to warm up to her.

I got to admit it's pretty cool seeing these character from Hime, and most of them are at least 50% more cool.

I wasn't crazy about some of the character designs. In particular, Haruka Armitage looks very out-of-proportion.
Aug 9, 2009 10:08 PM

Jun 2009
I'm not sure I appreciate Akira.
She is sweet, but I don't think that sweetness deserves all the breaks she does.
Also I think that Nao has a point.
She has no formal education and everything is amazing to her. How can she possibly catch up. Also if Akira become number 1 really quick I may have to drop this series...
That would just be stupid.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Oct 8, 2009 11:50 PM

Jun 2008
formosan said:
usasoldiern said:

I wasn't crazy about some of the character designs. In particular, Haruka Armitage looks very out-of-proportion.

What are you talking about. Haruka is a lot cooler here. And Shizuru fits better to her role in this anime.
My problem is Natsuki. It doesn't fit her very much.

Anyway i wonder if we are gone a see Mai in some role here. Maybe they should have made her the mother of Arika.
This episode was a lot better that the previews three and i expect some drama in the future like Mai-Hime.
MonadOct 8, 2009 11:55 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 17 Discussion

freddyncalm - May 15, 2009

8 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Aug 16, 9:48 AM

» There are 2 volumes in this Mai-Otome Ayane's Saga. One is Ayane's Descend and the next volume after is Ayane's Flight. Here is the sneak preview of the Ayane's Descend Prologue.

TPatrioticOtaku - Jan 25, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 5, 7:33 PM

» Official name of the war in Mai Otome

jelabarre59 - Aug 26, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 4, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 18 Discussion

Gretel - Feb 11, 2009

7 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

9 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.