Zero no Tsukaima
4.8%
other
4.8%
21 votes
Oct 9, 2013 7:34 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Hi all. I've just finished Attack on Titan & Toradora!, I'm looking for recommendations on the next anime to watch. The following are the ones that I think I'd be most interested in, but I'd like to get your opinion. If you could just give me a quick one or two liner on which one you recommend. I like Sci-fi, Space Opera, Harem, Ecchi, Action, and Slice of Life. As an FYI, the following are my favorite anime (in order):

1 - Robotech/Macroiss
2 - Bolu Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai (Haganai)
3 - Toradora!
4 - Highschool of the Dead
5 - Outlaw Star

The following is a list, along with the reason I'm thinking of watching:

Chrome Shelled Regios – Looks like a really cool action anime
Clannad – I just finished Toradora!, loved it, and asked what was similar. Most replied with this
Date A Live – I like harem anime, and this looks like one without the male protagonist being dense
Fairy Tail – My daughter keeps recommending this to me, but am not sure
Hagure Yuusha – I really like strong male lead characters, even though the girls aren’t the prettiest
Hidan no Aria – the concept of this one is really cool
Highschool DxD – HOTD is one of my favorites. I’m told this is even better, if not the best
Inu X Boku SS – Already watched an episode of this, and like it. Should I continue?
Kamisama no Memochou – Intrigued by Alice, and by the story
Seikon no Qwaser – Well, I like ecchi, so I’m told this is where it is
Stein's Gate – many people say it’s the best. Looks kind of weird
STR.A.IN. – Strategic Armored Infantry. Is it anything like Infinite Stratos?
Sword Art Online – Gotten about 40% though it, and getting bored. Should I continue?
To Love-Ru – Don’t know much about it, but it does look interesting
Zero no Tsukaima – I’m told it’s real funny. Looks silly

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 9, 2013 7:47 PM

Apr 2013
Wow so many. Clannad + AS (if you're ready for feels)
If not try steins gate or Sao
Oct 9, 2013 7:59 PM

Jun 2012
A few of my thoughts on what your looking into, hopefully I'm not bothering you.

Chrome Shelled Regios - an excellent action anime with a great story.
Date a live - Generic harem, but who doesn't love a good harem.
FT - Great action and good characters, might need a break from it one in a while though.
Hagure Yuusha- definitely a strong male lead, you might find you like most of the characters, though the story isn't exactly the strong point.
Hidan no Aria- Another fine choice if your looking for a harem, cool MC and some great comedy.
DXD - There are two D's in the name for a reason.
Inu X Boku - Sure if you liked the first episode might as well keep watching.
Kamisama no Memochou - Cute loli who happens to be a NEET, nice little story with good characters.
Seikon no Qwaser - To be honest this one is complete shit, to the point that I dropped it.
Steins Gate - One of the few big ones I haven't seen, a must watch though....or so I hear.
Soukou no Strain - Not really similar to IS.
SAO - It only gets worse.
To Love-Ru - Decent ecchi series, don't forget there are multiple seasons.
Zero no Tsukaima Gets repetitive after a while, MC is a semi spineless unfaithful idiot.

Almost forgot Clannad, apparently its one of those feels anime but I got bored around episode 14. Might as well give it a try.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Oct 9, 2013 8:16 PM

Jun 2012
First thing first, Honorable mention goes to Chrome Shelled Regios, I've seen it three times. If you want a badass MC and excellent action this is the way to go.

Out of the ones you mentioned.....it really depends on what exactly your looking for since they all deserve to be watched.

DXD for all out ecchi, the characters are pretty good, provided you don't mind the MC being a total perve.(can't blame him though)

Hidan is pretty cool to, cute characters and all that good stuff.

To love Ru is pretty long, not sure if you would watch straight through.

I found Inu X to be a little boring at times, just my opinion though.

Oct 9, 2013 8:22 PM

Aug 2010
Chrome Shelled Regios - Pretty good story, and the action is decent. The characters all have a good amount of depth
Fairy Tail - Decent Shonen, alot of fanservice and the pacing is great for a shonen
Hagure Yuusha - Fanservice....MC is overpowered....genetic characters, would not recommend.
Highschool DxD - Fanserive, decent storyline and the characters are decent...most are cliches but decent
To Love-Ru - Fanservice, little plot, would be not recommend to watch.
Zero no Tsukaima - Only read the manga but what Fallen said is true lol

Haven't watched the rest through lol

Seeing as you like ecchi and harem, I would recommend DXD, as it has a good balance between the 2 and gives a good storyline. If you want episodic series then TLR, but I really hated that show lol.
Oct 9, 2013 8:32 PM

Sep 2013
I recommend Fairy tail. It's my personal favorite anime because there is a lot of comedy, action, and the characters are so lovable. The problem may be that it's fairly long. If you are looking for a shorter one to watch, then I choose highschool dxd, since you liked highschool of the dead. i wish i got two votes I personally liked highschool dxd more than highschool of the dead.
Oct 9, 2013 8:33 PM

Jun 2012
kedo-dragneel said:
I recommend Fairy tail. It's my personal favorite anime because there is a lot of comedy, action, and the characters are so lovable. The problem may be that it's fairly long. If you are looking for a shorter one to watch, then I choose highschool dxd, since you liked highschool of the dead. i wish i got two votes I personally liked highschool dxd more than highschool of the dead.

For the plot right XD

Oct 9, 2013 9:00 PM

May 2012
Out of the options above, I would go with Steins;Gate. Fun/Quirky characters but a very interesting story. One that will always keep you thinking. A psychological thriller that's able work well with romance much like the visual novel it's adapted from. If you like sci-fi, you will certainly like this tale of time travel as well as real theories it presents.

El Psy Congroo
Oct 9, 2013 9:50 PM

Sep 2013
hmmm well i voted sword art online but if "other" animes is what your looking for, i highly recommend Code Geass (Mech, Romance, Military, Action), Baka to Shoukanjuu to Test (HILARIOUS!!) or True Tears (drama, romance and more ROMANCE)

Oct 9, 2013 10:24 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Shikirou said:
hmmm well i voted sword art online but if "other" animes is what your looking for, i highly recommend Code Geass (Mech, Romance, Military, Action), Baka to Shoukanjuu to Test (HILARIOUS!!) or True Tears (drama, romance and more ROMANCE)

Thanks Shikirou, but I just couldn't get into Code Geass. Although Baka is another one I've thought of, but I don't have it yet.
Oct 10, 2013 1:40 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Thanks everyone - I'm going to try Highschool Dxd first, followed by either Chrome Shelled Regios or Steins;Gate.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » New Members ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CPxSUBZEROx - May 4, 2012

322 by HamoNinja »»
Oct 26, 2018 4:47 AM

» Watched or not wached ( 1 2 3 4 )

tomadaichi - Oct 20, 2013

166 by j-rose »»
Jul 22, 2017 12:29 PM

Poll: » Favorite Spring 2015 Anime

Tatupu - May 13, 2015

0 by Tatupu »»
May 13, 2015 5:42 AM

» [CLOSED] SENA FAN CARDS

tomadaichi - Nov 12, 2013

3 by kevster101 »»
May 2, 2015 1:45 AM

» [Game]: The But Game ( 1 2 )

Martrezzz - May 13, 2012

70 by SimpleWonders »»
Apr 11, 2015 9:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.