3It was OK
9.7%
2Disliked it
6.5%
1Hated it
6.5%
Average 4.3
31 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2012 5:04 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow that guy sure is a jerk telling her to wait and then going with her friend.....
i feel sad for Satsuki she really liked him.....

can't understand how a brooch pin can be put on hair o.O....
Oct 18, 2012 10:24 AM

Dec 2010
I can't stop thinking about the similarities between the Satsuki/Keiko incident here and Madoka Magica's Sayaka/Hitomi case. Heck, even the characters are alike. Anyone with me?
Dec 3, 2014 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
lol "I'm imitating the way ichika talks!" :p

Ehh this episode was kinda boring. The drama felt pretty forced, and that dude sure is an awful person for telling Satsuki to wait for him and then kissing Keiko.

Also, I don't really see what's the point of having the djinns' powers if all Ichika can do is watch people be in trouble...and what do all of the different elemental djinns have to do with anything? Ugh this anime is kinda confusing!

I don't really like the turn the story is taking...the plot is moving so slowly and the whole mahou shoujo thing seems to not really have much effect on the story besides making Ichika feel bad :/
Noodle070Dec 3, 2014 1:51 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 7:44 AM

Nov 2012
wow, that guy's an idiot wtf. poor ichika, knowing that she can't do anything to help must suck :(
Oct 12, 2017 9:50 AM

Dec 2011
Ok, let's get philosophical for a moment.

Most definitions describe gods as omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omnipresent entities. For some people, they'll debate endlessly how it's contradictory for a god to be all at once. I won't get into detail for that bit, you can google if you're interested, but it's important to understand for this episode.

When Ichika uses the powers of the Djinn, we can say she briefly becomes like a god because she gains their perspective. She acquires their sight, their ability to "see" ahead of things i.e. infinite knowledge. We can agree that truth and knowledge are pretty much the same thing. It can be a double edged sword; the truth will either benefit or hurt you. In Satsuki's case, it hurt when it turned out her feelings were unrequited. And Ichika? She couldn't do anything as a god. She could neither prevent or stop the events unfolding with her sight. It was... pretty much useless. But that's the point. If god is all-knowing, surely they know when bad things will happen. If they're all-powerful, surely they have the capability to change it. But nothing like that happens. Ichika is representing that dilemma, so far.

I also thought why the Djinns had to be elemental bc they all do the same thing when Ichika transforms. But! This goes into the omnipresent thing. There's your connection - nature is everywhere around us, and what better representation of god than the elements. This way, Ichika can be anywhere and everywhere at the same time. She's unlocking them one by one and can't use the same Djinn twice tho, reason unknown.

My favorite moment was when Satsuki told Ichika not to "see" her crying. I don't know if that wording was intentional, but still very fitting.
CMYKOct 12, 2017 10:02 AM
Jun 3, 2019 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
Do they really need 40 shots of that woman stalking the MC every episode?

Why did that guy call Girl #1 if he didn't care about her and wanted to sex Girl #2? Did he do it just to be an ass? If he didn't say anything she probably wouldn't have been as worried and wouldn't have seen them kissing. Oh well...

The stuff with the Djinns is really interesting. I'm looking forward to what they do with that.
Aug 15, 2019 1:12 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I figured he called Satsuki away so he wouldn't see him with Keiko, but I don't know.;; Weird stuff there. Or I guess he was deciding between the two and just left Satsuki hanging. How rude. Screw him.
But like fkfjglkfdhs Satsuki kinda just dropped a big bomb and they didn't seem to really need it unless it comes out in a later episode. He was like, "Hopefully she can get over her hate of men with this" but literally with or without that information I feel like the result would have been the same so...?

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 1, 2019 9:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Satsuki, this guy is really a dumbass
Sep 11, 2019 12:36 AM

Apr 2012
Oh my, Keiko's spring has started.
Jun 14, 2020 3:53 AM

Aug 2018
Even more fanservice.. This time both yukatas and swimsuits.. ;p
Wonder, how people in my place would react.. If there would constantly be one adult woman, who would observe everything from the roofs.. Would someone call firefighters or something?.. ;P Or would just wave hand at that, and say - whatever.. Well.. Maybe someone would try to film it on their phones..
Hm.. So was that boy actually after Keiko, not Satsuki?.. Well, I guess, it happens.. Not like they're dating or anything.. Still a bit rude from his side to tell Satsuki to wait somewhere.. Incredibly rude, I'd say..
This red outfit makes Ichika look like some demoness, sucubus, or something.. ;P
Well, in the end.. It's not like Satsuki is dating him.. And she was pretty aggressive towards him anyway.. Even if in the end he lied to her to get alone with Keiko.. In the end, it's just eh, I guess.. Who cares?.. Not like they knew each other for long, or not like she really was super nice to him or anything, treated him like horny trash, to be honest..
Oct 18, 2021 8:33 PM
Dec 2017
Wildflame said:
I can't stop thinking about the similarities between the Satsuki/Keiko incident here and Madoka Magica's Sayaka/Hitomi case. Heck, even the characters are alike. Anyone with me?

See, Madoka wasn't the first dark magical girl anime.

Jan 7, 2023 8:24 AM
Mar 2019
This has just turned into solving young Girl's problems.
Disappointed as of now.
Horny Boys looking at Boobs.
Mar 31, 2023 7:45 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
I don't understand this plot at all, how keiko can love that guy it's doesn't represented in the story at all it just suddenly she love him and why tf keiko so easily kiss that guy, old time anime romance is kinda irritating sometimes

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 12 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 21, 2011

10 by bizor »»
Jun 20, 2023 9:40 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 9 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 20, 2011

16 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 1, 2023 12:14 AM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 7 Discussion

Shocked - Aug 27, 2011

10 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 8 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

10 by bushman66 »»
Mar 12, 2023 10:07 AM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 6 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

12 by bushman66 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.