3It was OK
21.4%
2Disliked it
21.4%
1Hated it
21.4%
Average 3.0
14 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2011 7:48 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
...There are no words to explain...

Wow.. Best Jingrish ever.

Jun 16, 2011 5:23 AM
Dec 2010
Its quite simple. you didn't understand the awesome of crystal triangle. This is my favourite anime EVER!!!!!. The well thought out charcter's. The meaning behind the meaning of life. God's big reveal. This film saved my life.
Feb 13, 2012 2:10 PM

Jan 2008
This is the worst anime I've seen, and I've seen quite a few.
Feb 13, 2013 3:15 PM
Oct 2008
Nah, Vampire Wars and Psychic Wars are far worse than this.

Anyway, someone in the animation department must have REALLY loved jets, because that sequence near the end with the dogfight between Russian and American jets was really well done. That's all I got for this one.
Nov 23, 2013 10:31 PM
Apr 2009
It's the end of the world as we do not know it.
I am like an angel...
Dec 29, 2016 6:05 AM
Mar 2012
Not so-bad-it-gud. Lots of plot conveniences, a few were funny, but mostly show is religious/thematic journey with lazy writing.
Lol destruction always brings a new clue for the team, even tho they say peace.
Amazing sakugas for temple & monster destructions, explosions & Miyabi rebirth cycle.
"God is dead", he got the msg mc keeps to himself unlike Moses...
Jan 9, 2019 4:36 AM

Feb 2017
Where's the Hollywood adaptation?
Aug 11, 2019 11:47 PM

Aug 2015
Kamishiro destroys an ancient structure just to kill some bad guys in the first few minutes? Worst archaeologist ever.

It's a very 1980s anime, in that it actually incorporates some of the reality of the 1980s, mainly the anxiety of global nuclear destruction by conflict between the US and USSR (who is ironically the irrational "mystic" antagonist like Belloc from Raiders of the Lost Arc, despite coming from the "atheist" regime. Also, it has demon monks because why not, it's the '80s occult boom.

It feels like an impression of a Hollywood movie, something you really don't see in anime anymore. Despite the 'Hollywood' style, in true conciliatory Japanese fashion neither foreign antagonist is irredeemable.

The Himiko bit, the alien ship and the dogfight is pretty interesting (wait, could this have influenced Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls? :P) and not too bad for something I decided to watch because of a short clip of bad Engrish, but also not good either.
May 12, 2020 12:33 PM
May 2019
This was just bad. It’s filled with plot holes and it makes no sense at all. Literally the best part was the Engrish, which was actually funny due to how bad it is.
Jul 21, 2020 12:12 PM
Jul 2020
I don’t understand what’s so bad about this anime.
It’s clearly the greatest thing ever created, in any universe of our dimension, and any other alternate dimensions.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.