3It was OK
25.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.3
4 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 4:53 AM
Sep 2017
Alright, I really hated most of this manga and still think it's Oshimi's worst work by far. But the ending was so over the top hilariously stupid that it almost sorta won me over. Still trash, yet I now have a much milder view of it than before. Also appreciated the author's commentary at the end, where he admitted how dumb this manga is.

Still, how was anyone supposed to imagine that the guy who made dreg like this and Yuutai Nova whould go on to create some of the most thoughtful dramas the medium has seen, like Flowers of Evil and Blood on the Tracks (which I haven't read, just trusting consensus). Mostly talking about the writing quality, but the evolution of his artistic abilities as well. It's all fascinating to me.
I guess one of the only throughlines in almost all of Oshimi's stuff is his continued exploration of sexual themes. Not knocking it, but it's definitely very noticeable.
Jun 29, 1:17 PM
Jun 2022
greengolem said:
Alright, I really hated most of this manga and still think it's Oshimi's worst work by far. But the ending was so over the top hilariously stupid that it almost sorta won me over. Still trash, yet I now have a much milder view of it than before. Also appreciated the author's commentary at the end, where he admitted how dumb this manga is.

Still, how was anyone supposed to imagine that the guy who made dreg like this and Yuutai Nova whould go on to create some of the most thoughtful dramas the medium has seen, like Flowers of Evil and Blood on the Tracks (which I haven't read, just trusting consensus). Mostly talking about the writing quality, but the evolution of his artistic abilities as well. It's all fascinating to me.
I guess one of the only throughlines in almost all of Oshimi's stuff is his continued exploration of sexual themes. Not knocking it, but it's definitely very noticeable.

Honestly dawg, I get where your coming from. This manga is technically trash in terms of writing and even art but damn it is so fucking goofy that I can't help but enjoy it. I think with this manga you shouldn't take it seriously at all and just simply enjoy it in the moment. In fact this is personally my favorites of Oshimi and plus the ending with the cafe was very cute
Sep 24, 12:18 PM
Jan 2020
Wholesome manga. Idk why people hate it so much... it is obviously a goofy comedy manga and it is fun enough (though not by much), i dont understand criticizing it because it isnt a serious seinen drama.

Ending was very positive and cute, even had some of the concept of "other side" (that in aku no hana had a fatalistic, idealistic tone to it while in okaeri alice a psychosexual gender-related one) making presence but in an obvious more light-hearted, orgasmic manner, though it is an ever present concept on his works overall. A solid fine manga.
INoLuvSep 25, 5:38 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Ecstasy Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

3 by psyche-K »»
Dec 5, 2022 9:27 PM

Poll: » Devil Ecstasy Chapter 22 Discussion

terr1blenick - May 8, 2021

0 by terr1blenick »»
May 8, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Devil Ecstasy Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

7 by terr1blenick »»
May 8, 2021 6:46 PM

Poll: » Devil Ecstasy Chapter 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

3 by RiverEratt »»
Feb 28, 2017 6:13 PM

Poll: » Devil Ecstasy Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Jan 7, 2015 6:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.