3It was OK
9.7%
2Disliked it
6.5%
1Hated it
9.7%
Average 4.1
31 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2023 3:19 PM
Oct 2019
6 people team up in humanity's last ditch attempt to beat the dragon

that's it. that's the whole episode. it took me 2 minutes to watch...sigh
LeknaatSep 2, 2023 4:56 AM
Apr 28, 2023 12:51 AM

Mar 2007
Some mixed feelings on this episode.

Luo Feng has to convince Babata to let him fight the Golden Horned Behemoth. Babata says she's waited 50,000 years for him, she won't let him die uselessly as he's too under powered to beat the monster. He tells her if he runs, he's a coward unworthy of inheriting her prior master's mantle, and you can almost hear "checkmate" after that exhange.

Luo Feng doesn't stupidly make the claim with just all his heart, there's some intelligent thinking about some 6 point star where if he doesn't have sufficient soul power he will burn someone else's to boost his levels, but they have to be volunteers.

He tells Babata to send out the email and what do you know, 62 of 81 agreed to sacrifice their souls. Babata is amazed at the "Crazy Humans!" It is at this point that the thought must be crossing her mind "maybe he can win." Luo Feng gives Babata the dirty job of choosing 5 from the volunteers.

Let's just say when the emails accepting came in, I started to tear up from the emotion and epic music and sad farewells. OK dammit they got me good. Stuff like this is why I watch donghua. I hate the weekly watch, binging would be much better but damn, this is some good stuff!

OK OK I hate cliffhangers. I'm still not 100% sure what the "plan" is. And I hate waiting. I guess this is good news that means I'm looking forward to enjoying more episodes of this.
May 1, 2023 4:24 PM
Aug 2022
HagePotPotato said:

Sigh. I’m definitely going to let like 20+ episodes pass. Can’t do that weekly crap with this anymore lol.
May 4, 2023 9:16 PM

Mar 2007
PuNSama said:
HagePotPotato said:

Sigh. I’m definitely going to let like 20+ episodes pass. Can’t do that weekly crap with this anymore lol.

We might be hosed on that. I was looking and there aren't any new episodes out, plus this episode the subs said See You in Summer?

Is this a hiatus or the end of this season?
May 8, 2023 8:32 AM
Aug 2022
Stormy_77 said:
PuNSama said:

We might be hosed on that. I was looking and there aren't any new episodes out, plus this episode the subs said See You in Summer?

Did it? Didn’t even noticed it said that but haven’t seen a new episode yet.

It’s probably taking a break, definitely more episodes lined up.
May 8, 2023 8:05 PM
Oct 2019
PuNSama said:
Stormy_77 said:

I'm fine with a break if that's what they're doing. i'm getting close to dropping this because of too much filler b.s.

this dragon arc needs to end asap and hopefully something better will start. because i've come to learn with many donghua that they can start out really strong and have a great first 40-50 episodes, but then after that initial storyline/climax is over, they are COMPLETELY LOST in regards to which direction to take the show next. and that's where i feel this show is currently barreling towards at full speed
May 12, 2023 11:24 PM

Mar 2007
HagePotPotato said:
PuNSama said:

I'm fine with a break if that's what they're doing. i'm getting close to dropping this because of too much filler b.s.

this dragon arc needs to end asap and hopefully something better will start. because i've come to learn with many donghua that they can start out really strong and have a great first 40-50 episodes, but then after that initial storyline/climax is over, they are COMPLETELY LOST in regards to which direction to take the show next. and that's where i feel this show is currently barreling towards at full speed

IDK what they have to think about, I mean there's no way this is close to completing the source material, right? They should just finish the Dragon / Earth arc, since they can go inter-stellar, and later inter-galactic because that's what it seems is going to happen, based on Babata's history lessons.
May 22, 2023 10:03 AM
Apr 2015
Stormy_77 said:
HagePotPotato said:

IDK what they have to think about, I mean there's no way this is close to completing the source material, right? They should just finish the Dragon / Earth arc, since they can go inter-stellar, and later inter-galactic because that's what it seems is going to happen, based on Babata's history lessons.

Well from what I saw from a site I searched up, episode 60 is supposed to return in July 1st 10 AM Shanghai time. I was confused when the new episode didn't come out until I researched it a week later.
May 28, 2023 10:07 AM
Dec 2018
This stellar giant arc is too long even with me skipping through most of it.  I'll be back when it's dead, I'm so over this. This second season is disappointing. I was enjoying seeing Luo Feng's training and powering up. I wanted to see what he would learn by fighting the next student but that never happened. Instead it's been Godzilla fest. Who thought this would be interesting? The writers need to be fired.  Didn't Barbata say he needs to devote every second to training?

I get that the writers didnt want Luo Feng to get credit for killing the beast easily with the laser gun, but once Hong and Thunder God set out, the beast should have died and just have Hong and Thunder in a coma... Next arc 

Dec 10, 2023 6:58 PM
Mar 2019
This fight has been going on for about 20 episodes, bit too much now.
Even though the Animation has been superb all season, got a bit bored of the unbeatable Monster arc.
Still not over too.
bushman66Dec 11, 2023 6:05 PM
Feb 27, 7:43 PM

Dec 2018
Everyone signing on like "x is Willing to Join" made it feel like an MMO raid
Poor families, that part was really moving, especially the women crying while they put on his armor, that used to be a very big tradition before battle. the guy sitting alone feeding stray cats would be me lol.
Mar 15, 8:23 AM

Mar 2014
It is rare to come across such a drop in quality in the next season, the last 15 episodes were essentially meaningless, the plot didn't progress at all, nor did the power of MC. Fighting the main enemy and repeatedly reviving him... how much longer can this go on? So many episodes wasted and the season ends without a conclusion, disappointing.
Aug 18, 12:37 PM

May 2020
Am I the only one who is enjoying this arc...? The pacing in this donghua has always been pretty fast, it was always Luo Feng being OP and things getting solved pretty quickly. I'm glad the behemoth finally forms some sort of challenge for even the strongest guys. The selected star travellers saying goodbye to their loved ones was touching too. I really liked this season and I'm looking forward to the next one. I want to see more of Luo Feng and Xu Xin!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tunshi Xingkong 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion

Stormy_77 - Feb 18, 2023

3 by amf85 »»
Sep 17, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Tunshi Xingkong 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stormy_77 - Nov 13, 2022

3 by amf85 »»
Sep 16, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Tunshi Xingkong 3rd Season Episode 30 Discussion

StateofOhayo - Feb 27

1 by ontans »»
Aug 18, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Tunshi Xingkong 3rd Season Episode 27 Discussion

Stormy_77 - Mar 17, 2023

2 by ontans »»
Aug 17, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tunshi Xingkong 3rd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stormy_77 - Jan 19, 2023

5 by ontans »»
Aug 17, 10:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.