3It was OK
9.1%
2Disliked it
3.0%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.6
66 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2021 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
That embrace ;_;

All those emotions from Yuuki and the incredible bonds of friendship from this episode. Personally, I think this episode had perhaps one of the best chereography of the series. Felt like a mini movie this episode.
Dec 10, 2021 12:02 PM

Feb 2020
Good stuff again. The animation and everything else was just great.

SerafosJun 16, 9:59 PM
Dec 10, 2021 1:02 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was very nice. Next week is the very end. I wonder what kind of extended ending we will be getting? Hope it is a good one.
Dec 10, 2021 1:49 PM

Nov 2015
So they close the Yuusha no Shou last episode in this episode huh?
Yeah, now it's 100% confirmed the last episode will be the epilogue for this franchise.

Dunno if they will adapt other side story to keep milking this franchise, but if what I will get is another rushed and inconsistent shit like episode 5 to 8, I think I will think of it as non-existent ghost.
Dec 10, 2021 5:12 PM

Jul 2015
Convinient and predictable writing, concealed by so-so sakuga.
Obviously, letting the world burn because friends are more important would leave a poor message, so things went both way with no drawbacks and everyone lived happily ever after.
Ehh... What did I even expected?
We are facing an asspull ending third time in a row, bois.
PieromyslDec 10, 2021 5:16 PM

Dec 10, 2021 8:27 PM

Jun 2021
I hate to say it (because this is a franchise I like), but what was the point of this episode/arc?

So they just decided to redo Yuusha no Shou arc, with a little bit more details and splash of NoWaYu and KuMeYu concepts mixed in? I'm sorry, but if that's what they wanted to do, they should have done that in the original Yuusha no Shou arc.

I thought Higurashi Sotsu was bad, but this is even worse.

At least the animation was superb. Kudos to Studio Gokumi.
Dec 10, 2021 10:51 PM

Jan 2017
Very disappointed that this episode is basically a 1:1 with the last episode of Hero chapter despite the new perspectives we got from the rushed summaries of NoWaYu and KuMeYu. The "cleansing" of the post-apocalyptic world from the flames would have greater impact if they also adapted the scene from the novel which Wakaba saw personally the exact moment where the "destroy-ification" of the world bagan

There's a silver lining though with the few new scenes, we can now theorize that is Gyuuki related to Takashima somehow? And also the display of Aki-sensei defying the Taisha in the final moments
Dec 11, 2021 3:26 AM
Sep 2015
So much emotions this episode.

And yet... I feel like I can't explain what happened. As always, YuYuYu is so obscure when it comes to endings. The heroes are always in trouble but somehow they shout and things ultimately fix themselves on their own.

This time they destroyed Shinju-sama and reversed the end of the world by willpower alone. I love this franchise but let's be honest, the endings never make sense.
Dec 11, 2021 9:13 AM

Mar 2011
Very good episode but I still dont forgive them for skipping Tama and Anzu..
Dec 11, 2021 11:19 AM

Dec 2015
The beginning of this episode was good. That moment when the music stopped and they just looked at Aki asking these questions was great.
Finally someone starting to question what they are doing to the girls.

Yuna's last transformation was pretty cool.

Operation Wedding Crash: Success. Now that they have chosen to live without the Divine Tree, I hope that they'll finally find the happiness they deserve.
Kinda reminded me of that one route from Devil Survivor 2, where you can choose to either be led by God or let humans make their own choices.
Dec 11, 2021 12:56 PM
Jan 2013
Piromysl said:
Convinient and predictable writing, concealed by so-so sakuga.
Obviously, letting the world burn because friends are more important would leave a poor message, so things went both way with no drawbacks and everyone lived happily ever after.
Ehh... What did I even expected?
We are facing an asspull ending third time in a row, bois.

You literally missed the point lol
Dec 11, 2021 12:57 PM
Jan 2013
JOELbedulla said:

And yet... I feel like I can't explain what happened. As always, YuYuYu is so obscure when it comes to endings. The heroes are always in trouble but somehow they shout and things ultimately fix themselves on their own.

This time they destroyed Shinju-sama and reversed the end of the world by willpower alone. I love this franchise but let's be honest, the endings never make sense.

Yeah , you missed the point too , better rewatch everything again because you didnt understand anything
Dec 11, 2021 1:15 PM
Mar 2018
Why couldn't they just adapt NoWaYu properly?
Dec 11, 2021 1:32 PM

Sep 2011
Wow deja vu. I feel like maybe I saw this episode somewhere before. But wheeeeeeeeeeeeere?
Dec 11, 2021 7:01 PM

Feb 2016
The climax of this "Great Mankai Chapter" didn't make any more sense than that of the "Hero Chapter." I figured I'd have a better understanding of the story after they spent this season recapping everything.
その目だれの目?
Dec 12, 2021 4:07 AM

Jun 2016
damnn , after backstory previous yuusha team , now this is just a recap from the movie !!

Dec 12, 2021 4:09 AM

Jun 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Wow deja vu. I feel like maybe I saw this episode somewhere before. But wheeeeeeeeeeeeere?

100% recap from the movie 3 i think ..

i feel nostalgic and remember this scene
Dec 12, 2021 7:14 AM

Sep 2011
NirvashX1 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

100% recap from the movie 3 i think ..

i feel nostalgic and remember this scene

Well technically a recap of season 2 part 2 which is the second set of "movies" cut up into episodes. Gotta some love that milk
Dec 12, 2021 9:45 AM

Feb 2016
@NirvashX1 @Red_Ranger_Wien
There are no movies covering the events of this episode.
その目だれの目?
Dec 12, 2021 12:42 PM

Apr 2008
Erotaku_ said:
I thought Higurashi Sotsu was bad, but this is even worse.

You take that back. But it's true I can't really get hype for a conclusion I already saw.
Dec 12, 2021 1:41 PM

Sep 2011
Lucifrost said:
@NirvashX1 @Red_Ranger_Wien
There are no movies covering the events of this episode.

This episode covers the end of Season 2's second half Yuusha no Shou which was also shown theatrically as 48 minute "movies" which were basically just double length episodes. They did the same thing with the first half of season 2 aka the Washio arc. Not sure when MAL got rid of the entries for the Yuusha no Shou "movies" or why they left up the Washio ones. Seems pretty incosistent.
Dec 12, 2021 2:34 PM

Feb 2016
@Red_Ranger_Wien
I tried to corroborate your information, but I can't find any mention of Hero Chapter movies on other sites. Do you have any evidence they really existed?
その目だれの目?
Dec 12, 2021 2:38 PM

Feb 2017
Well, cashgrabs gonna cashgrab lmao. Praying for anything meaningful from the last episode, but I have no idea what it would even do.

Watching the Hero Chapter resolution again really just makes it fall flat worse. I suppose it wouldn't be YuYuYu if we didn't write a compelling suffering section only to then write ourselves into a corner and magically make all our problems go away.
Dec 13, 2021 9:48 AM

Jan 2012
The first time I watched this I was very sentimental and completely into it. This time I was less so. They literally just said that the entire world should burn if you can't have your way and then proceeded to fix all of the issues through the power of friendship. I was aware of all of this the first time, it just leaves a lot worse taste in my mouth this time for some reason. I like the franchise, wish they would have handled some things better. This last season has been very disjointed which is a shame.
Dec 13, 2021 9:30 PM

Oct 2014
I see it as the divine tree gave it's power to Yuuna so she could "destroy" the heavenly gods thus the world is restored with no more gods only man. I had the exact same thought in hero chapter, this season was just a huge waste overall this episode just being a copy paste from hero chapter.
It's Morbin' Time!
Dec 15, 2021 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
twas wonderful! despite the ass pull...
5/5.

Dec 15, 2021 4:06 AM
Sep 2015
xeco said:
JOELbedulla said:

Yeah , you missed the point too , better rewatch everything again because you didnt understand anything

Thank you, you being condescending without giving any argument whatsoever really made me realize my mistake. I'm totally going to rewatch it now.
Dec 16, 2021 8:15 PM

May 2019
rushed NoWaYu...YUUUSHA PUNCH!
confuse remak....YUUUSHA PUNCH!
pointless KuMeYu...YUUSHA PUNCH!
plot holes?...YUUUUUUUSHA PUNCH!
salty weebs?...YUUUUUSHA FUC* PUNCH!

See, everything solved. Don't understimate the power of a good punch in the face of problems
Dec 24, 2021 8:30 AM

Oct 2007
the moment when Yuuna said "heroes are persistent!" , almost brought a tear to my eye. Seen this fight in season 2, but the big difference is.. this time I understood what's actually happening.

those taisha at the meeting, it's a bit creepy.. the almost robotic way that they move at the same time.

Shinju is gone.. I guess the lolicon tree redeemed itself by helping them fight the gods one last time.

enjoyed this episode.
Feb 6, 2022 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah, this conclusion is such bullshit. Everyone said pretty please and literal God gave up on his young bride and then Yuuna-chan pulled Infinity Gauntlet out of her cow fairy's ass and killed the Big Bad in one punch and they lived happily ever after.

DarkLeafNinja said:
I see it as the divine tree gave it's power to Yuuna so she could "destroy" the heavenly gods thus the world is restored with no more gods only man. I had the exact same thought in hero chapter, this season was just a huge waste overall this episode just being a copy paste from hero chapter.

Without mentioning that the tree was on the verge of death due to old age, if it really possessed such power to obliterate all other gods then why didn't it do shit for 300 years?

Mistrals_ said:
I suppose it wouldn't be YuYuYu if we didn't write a compelling suffering section only to then write ourselves into a corner and magically make all our problems go away.

This entire series in one sentence.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jun 20, 2022 3:36 PM

Feb 2015
I'll never get tired of replaying Yuusha punch... the visuals are much better here than in the hero chapter.

I honestly can't see what they can do now in the next episode since everything's 'resolved' now. Slice of life I guess...
Sep 28, 2022 4:43 AM

Dec 2012
Dem head turns.
Tougou oppai swinging.
Utano. Chikage.
Yuuna sees Yuuna.
Dat punch.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 16, 1:38 PM
Mar 2015
Reply to Mistrals
Well, cashgrabs gonna cashgrab lmao. Praying for anything meaningful from the last episode, but I have no idea what it would even do.

Watching the Hero Chapter resolution again really just makes it fall flat worse. I suppose it wouldn't be YuYuYu if we didn't write a compelling suffering section only to then write ourselves into a corner and magically make all our problems go away.
@Mistrals cdn’t have put it better myself

Yuusha Punch fixes everything cuz magic, go figure

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2021

33 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 15, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

49 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 1, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 4 Discussion

Schlimm - Oct 22, 2021

21 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2021

25 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:20 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2021

11 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.