3It was OK
19.4%
2Disliked it
3.2%
1Hated it
3.2%
Average 4.2
62 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2020 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The investigation into the mysterious Black Swan continues whilst the female lead's program has found a solid footing to start the show. The only problem: to convince Zen that she has a plan that ACTUALLY works.

The case of a missing girl leading her to Haku, and like the impromptu meeting amidst her precognition abilities (sorry if I keep leaving that out not to spoil anime-onlys, that's her EVOL powers, and it's very evident this episode if it wasn't obvious in the past).

The shop owner that knows Haku from the inside out, true to his character, his kindness emits from his past (if that ever counts as character "development"). His past with her, well...that's as floaty. But he's a loyal friend, who's ambitious of the future, whatever will that may be.

But as is the usual with otome game adaptations, the damsel-in-distress trope always works when danger arrives and is solved by the minute.

Hope the plot grows even more though, this is barely touching the surface just yet.

Next episode: her past with Simon.
Aug 12, 2020 11:10 AM
Jul 2020
Oo this was an interesting episode. I feel like watashi somehow stopped that guys evol from working. She obviously has some sort of power of her own, maybe that's somehow connected to why her dad was investigating this topic??
Nice episode, cant wait for the next one!
Aug 12, 2020 11:35 AM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
The piano ost, animation and the whole piano section worked really well in my opinion and made the whole Haku scene better

Aug 12, 2020 12:14 PM
Sep 2015
If I can only play piano and being in the right place at the right time Gavin senpai would be mine!
Aug 12, 2020 5:09 PM

Jul 2012
Everything is so corny in this anime lmao

Also, ep. 5 and I still can't get over the change of names in the subtitles, it's so annoying...
Aug 12, 2020 8:30 PM
May 2017
HikariShoumeiron said:

Also, ep. 5 and I still can't get over the change of names in the subtitles, it's so annoying...

I can see how this would be confusing for non-players in general, but in english their names change from Simon to Lucien, Kira to Kiro, Haku to Gavin, and Zen to Victor. They also have different names in Chinese. Minor and Anna seemed to be given different names as well from what I've noticed.

I really liked this episode and it was nice to be able to see a glimpse of Gavin's childhood. I loved how they animated the ginkgo leaves. The one thing that I can't seem to get over is what is Victor doing at the end of the episode? He seems to be talking about MC being a candidate for something and a goal, so it makes me wonder if he's a part of Black Swan too.
Aug 12, 2020 10:38 PM

Jul 2020
I loved how Gavin's flashbacks were incorporated and we got a glimpse of his parents as well. So in this episode, MC's powers was awakened a bit and caused Jay's evol to go out of control. This scene alone also gives you some background as to how Gavin initially got his evol.

And lmao, I was NOT expecting Jay to crossdress as Josie so when he took that wig off, I was like "hold on, wtf is going on" lol

I'm ABSOLUTELY looking forward to the next episode! It was that very specific chapter where I genuinely became a fan of the game!
Aug 12, 2020 11:53 PM

Jun 2013
That was obviously a love letter but poor MC girl thought Haku/Gavin was challenging her to a duel. That is kind of cute though, ngl.
臭い-
Aug 13, 2020 12:00 AM

Mar 2010
Enjoyed this gavin episode. I wonder what power does the fml have.
Aug 13, 2020 5:16 AM

Oct 2008
HikariShoumeiron said:

yea right really CORNY!

Aug 13, 2020 7:42 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The police guy screen time, surely had a lot of potential nice sceneries. But, the past was the past. His backgrounds now completed knowing the fact that he got his Evolved power by the girl, obviously. The letter truth story was also very entertained. The amount of an action scene somehow decreased than before. I rather called it pretty weak, cause the police guy power was too great. However, its nice to seen another revelations of the girl power. Still, since her memories always blurry, she couldn't do anything than that. Fortunately the next part with CEO might be in touched with her memories leaked again.

Overall, its a good episode. Even the story itself felt very fast and no good amount of intensed action again compared to the previous episode. The next one should be pretty intrigueing for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 13, 2020 1:13 PM

Jul 2020
This is a screencap of episode 6 that was shown at the very end. That's an interesting choice of background.... I'm WAY TOO HYPED for the next episode UGHHH 6 more days

Lucien4everAug 13, 2020 1:49 PM
Aug 13, 2020 1:27 PM

Jul 2020
matias067 said:
HikariShoumeiron said:

yea right really CORNY!

This mobile game actually for audiences who are 16+ (like you have to confirm you are at least 16 when you first sign up). Because it gets dark and there's lots of psychological themes that young audiences can't handle. We're still only at the top surface in terms of the real plot and world setting. There's SO MUCH to uncover with all the dark conspiracies that lies ahead. The early parts are pretty slow and corny but god damn the later parts give you so many chills. It's pretty great lol
Aug 13, 2020 2:06 PM

Mar 2017
Yesssss, an entire episode focusing on my best boy! Gavin is just so sweet and awkward and so damn beautiful. He's such a smooth romantic without even realising it 😍

Ooooh that Post-credit scene... things are getting interesting. It was obvious Victor knew MC when they were children & that they're both from the Black Swan Facility but I'm intrigued about what the 'incident 17 years ago' is
Aug 13, 2020 3:03 PM

Mar 2018
katie_potaty said:
Yesssss, an entire episode focusing on my best boy! Gavin is just so sweet and awkward and so damn beautiful. He's such a smooth romantic without even realising it 😍

Ooooh that Post-credit scene... things are getting interesting. It was obvious Victor knew MC when they were children & that they're both from the Black Swan Facility but I'm intrigued about what the 'incident 17 years ago' is

As a game player, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it!
And the incident 17 years ago...let me just say that you're in for in a ride. There's so much stuff left to unpack, so many more dark conspiracies left for the characters to uncover.

Anime-only people are not ready lol
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Aug 13, 2020 3:05 PM

Mar 2018
Lucien4ever said:
This is a screencap of episode 6 that was shown at the very end. That's an interesting choice of background.... I'm WAY TOO HYPED for the next episode UGHHH 6 more days

Oh boy...I recognize that place, now that I'm finally caught up to the most recent chaptere...I won't spoil it for anyone who isn't caught up/doesn't play the game, but holy moly I'm so freaking hyped for this.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Aug 13, 2020 3:22 PM

Jul 2020
Actually that background was shown several times in the anime so far!

At the end of episode 2:

At the end of episode 4:

Aug 13, 2020 4:58 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Somehow, even with the most obviously trope--every cringe scene with Gavin, somehow, I'm still loving him (and his character development). Great arc. I wish they'd show his "scary side" that MC was freaked out about..like I know he's a softie, but you can't even fathom that he seems like a delinquent.
Aug 14, 2020 3:41 AM

Jun 2020
i really loved that piano OST it was lovely - it worked so well with the scene with haku's flashback when he was falling

as long as you're in the wind, i will always find you love that!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 14, 2020 8:18 AM

Mar 2017
Dazel1412 said:
katie_potaty said:

And the incident 17 years ago...let me just say that you're in for in a ride. There's so much stuff left to unpack, so many more dark conspiracies left for the characters to uncover.

Is it gonna emotional? I played part of the game up to the point of last week's ep so the rest is new to me
Aug 14, 2020 10:41 AM

Mar 2018
katie_potaty said:
Dazel1412 said:

Is it gonna emotional? I played part of the game up to the point of last week's ep so the rest is new to me

Yeah, it's gonna get pretty emotional. There's gonna be a lot of backstory stuff and some (action) intense scenes coming up as well. I have a good idea of where the anime may end up stopping in the story, and...well, let me just say that there's some really big stuff coming. (Cue the "you've got a big storm coming" vine)

Aug 14, 2020 1:14 PM

Mar 2017
Dazel1412 said:
katie_potaty said:

Yeah, it's gonna get pretty emotional. There's gonna be a lot of backstory stuff and some (action) intense scenes coming up as well. I have a good idea of where the anime may end up stopping in the story, and...well, let me just say that there's some really big stuff coming. (Cue the "you've got a big storm coming" vine)

Well now I'm anxious about my babies getting hurt! Guess I should savour the good times while there still here.
Aug 15, 2020 3:32 PM

Jul 2017
wait that blondy (Jun I think?) is actually legit a guy?? Voice and character design do not match lmao.
Aug 16, 2020 1:02 PM

Apr 2018
Piano OST was pretty good and the Gavin episode was solid.
Dec 14, 2020 4:34 PM
Dec 2020
Loved this one, but I wish they added more to it, like some more action with Gavin and the guy with the gun, and more flashback-y stuff that would seem less cringey. Wish this wasn't so short and rushed :'/
Jan 7, 2021 3:52 PM

Jul 2015
Bit random how Gavin gained his evol powers by listening to mc girl's piano, but I'm digging it. Good that some misconceptions on Gavin have been cleared up, makes one wonder what would've happened if she read the bloody letter.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 30, 2020

43 by Bbluebabies »»
Sep 29, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2020

91 by NaekoGetsu »»
Jun 24, 2023 12:02 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

46 by Animecoregirl13 »»
Aug 10, 2022 3:21 PM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

45 by MacchiaStella »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:55 AM

» Why underrated

Rei_Kuroi - Aug 26, 2021

6 by Kunii »»
Aug 26, 2021 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.