3It was OK
25.0%
2Disliked it
4.2%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 3.9
24 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2020 11:33 PM

Oct 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Purin is so competent, maybe she'll join the gang someday unless she's actually a spy.

Motoko used to look so good in the formal attire but now it doesn't suit her imo.

Anyway they finally managed to capture a post human, I hope we get some answers about them now.
Apr 26, 2020 8:53 PM

Oct 2016
This pink haired moe girl with the dumb name kinda doesn't fit snd is slightly annoying butat least she's capable.

Then again I can't help but feel like any older member could have done what she did so again I feel like they were nerfed once again but hay, she's still way better tan fucking Stan.

The rest of the episode wasn't bad, it was kind of disappointing how easily the boxer was defeated but everything else of what happened was ok.
Apr 27, 2020 3:11 AM

Mar 2019
The episode displays one of the biggest flaws with this adaptation. You have this scene where the PM's father-in-law's head gets his head blown off, and then that's followed by another scene where a family member/work associate is reporting the death to the PM while she is grieving. He then gets upset himself. But, the cartoony visuals clash with the tone of what they were trying to go for in that scene. It looks and feels awkward. Imagine trying to do the Laughing Man or Solid State stories with this visual representation... It wouldn't work. That was my main issue. I thought it was an okay episode. Although, I feel that post-human went down way too easily compared to the previous two. You would think the challenge would increase as they go from enemy to enemy. It took several people two take down the first two guys but Motoko handled this one all on her own.
May 4, 2020 1:17 AM

Apr 2009
The 3 Tachikomas were all tattletales, and guilty AF when Purin rat them out, the synchronized hiding-in-crossed-forearms were kinda cute!

Well that was too easy! Maybe he's not a fully-fledged post-human yet? He doesn't move unorthodoxly like those 2 American post-humans at all.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 8, 2020 10:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
poemofdevil said:
The episode displays one of the biggest flaws with this adaptation. You have this scene where the PM's father-in-law's head gets his head blown off, and then that's followed by another scene where a family member/work associate is reporting the death to the PM while she is grieving. He then gets upset himself. But, the cartoony visuals clash with the tone of what they were trying to go for in that scene. It looks and feels awkward. Imagine trying to do the Laughing Man or Solid State stories with this visual representation... It wouldn't work. That was my main issue. I thought it was an okay episode. Although, I feel that post-human went down way too easily compared to the previous two. You would think the challenge would increase as they go from enemy to enemy. It took several people two take down the first two guys but Motoko handled this one all on her own.

You're spot on with your analysis.
I'd add that Even with a 'dumbed' down storyline and characterizations, the visuals really feel awkward and misrepresentative of the proceedings. Heck even something as simple as Motoko in her uniform feels all wrong. In the original SAC, Motoko in her uniform cut an imposing figure, full of authority and presence. Here it feels like some girl is cosplaying as the major.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 27, 2022 11:23 AM

Jun 2010
Not gonna lie, when Motoko started to box with the post-human, circling around him with the legwork and all - that was pretty hype.

Other than that, I am not sure yet what to think of Purin. On the one hand it is kinda cute that she apparently has a crush on Batou and her antics like her sneaking around or the Tachikomas ripping into her were also fun. But she is also a bit annoying and it's questionable how she'll fit into the more serious parts of the story or if she is just there as a comedic side element to play along with the Tachikomas.
Mar 8, 2023 1:15 PM

Aug 2012
This series seems to have a thing for exploding heads, it’s pretty brutal. For some reason I’m now curious what a Sola Digital Arts ‘Fist of the North Star’ series would be like. Especially since the boxing scenes in this episode were quite fluid. Speaking of the Major going one on one like that on his terms was pretty badass, she ain’t afraid of anyone lol.

Another great episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 24, 2020

11 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteelingMax - Apr 23, 2020

57 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:42 AM

» This series got way too much hate

Tyrannicswine117 - Feb 21, 2021

26 by SametTakao »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tsarko - Apr 24, 2020

59 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 9, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 11 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

11 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.