3It was OK
19.5%
2Disliked it
5.7%
1Hated it
8.1%
Average 3.8
123 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2020 3:19 AM

Feb 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
If you get over the visual aspects of the show, it wasn't bad. Character felt like good old SAC and the writing felt like Kamiyama, which is good. I am definitely invested in the story. This was was just half of it, looking forward to see where it will go.
Apr 24, 2020 3:25 AM
Jun 2019
Episode 11 and 12 really felt like the old SAC....now i want to see more in the 2nd season.
Apr 24, 2020 6:51 AM
Jun 2016
Tsarko said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
If you get over the visual aspects of the show, it wasn't bad.

a.k.a "if you don't care about the animation in this animation, it wasn't bad"
Apr 24, 2020 8:50 AM

Jun 2014
tonytakitany said:

a.k.a "if you don't care about the animation in this animation, it wasn't bad"

The "animation", from a technical stand point isn't half bad either.
The barrier that people need to get over is really more of the shift of format and art style, which is indeed a bad move I'd say.

kurtyNC said:
Episode 11 and 12 really felt like the old SAC....now i want to see more in the 2nd season.

I'd say what really started from episode 7, it's a good old fashion "Stand Alone" episode.
garyborkenApr 24, 2020 9:01 AM
Apr 24, 2020 9:47 AM

May 2012
To be honest I got a lot faster used to the cgi of this than normally, I still dislike it compared to more typical anime techniques, but well it wasn't all that bad either.

Though I mostly focused on the story and on that part I really did like it, especially that ending! Really looking forwards to see what the second part of this story will tell us!

In general besides the more game-esc styled way of animation, it was still pretty solid, getting used to it was surely a thing but wasn't too hard either. Episodic pacing was solid, very solid even, so all by all I had a nice watch! I do wonder when the sequel will arrive though.
Apr 24, 2020 10:28 AM
Mar 2014
Oh god, only 12 episodes in the season? I initialy thought Netflix holding up another 12. Seems like they had to just cut whole season in half, probably some production problems. If that's the case, it's weird to see reviers talk about how show lacks thematic depth, like, of course it is, we have unfinished product here, story just get over with rising action and we isn't even got to the climax.
Apr 24, 2020 10:55 AM

Feb 2017
Momino said:
Oh god, only 12 episodes in the season? I initialy thought Netflix holding up another 12. Seems like they had to just cut whole season in half, probably some production problems. If that's the case, it's weird to see reviers talk about how show lacks thematic depth, like, of course it is, we have unfinished product here, story just get over with rising action and we isn't even got to the climax.

It was supposed to be 12+12 split cour show from its inception, even before Netflix was in the picture. That's how it was announced back in 2017.
Apr 24, 2020 11:01 AM
Feb 2017
I was good with this art style since ultraman. it just works for me for my sensibilities. not perfect but it works.
blasted through the first 6 episodes with breeze like the old SAC, 7 was classic and then it got more diverse and lighter which i was cool with purin being a little bizarre and silly but still very competent and useful and watching new people react and adapt to the core team is interesting, even with standard. 10-11 kind of muddled a little with shifting to the next stage and takashi being so insular but it worked in the end with the revel and the cliffhanger. could have been done a little better but worth it.
same great characters, good mystery, kick ass action. so far post human don't seem to rise to the level of intrigue and sophistication that the laughing man and puppet master had but it's only just begun. defiantly happy with this and looking forward to the second part.
Asukatard117Apr 24, 2020 5:46 PM
Apr 25, 2020 2:02 AM
Oct 2016
Excellent sequel, I never lost faith that this series would be of the same ilk as its predecessors because practically the entire creative team remained
(Episode 7 Batou <3). 8/10.
I am a little blogger, but this series saga is by far my favorite.

(In addition, as a separate note: if they are of legal age and are bothered by a change of drawing by digital or CGI, I see them in the same way as those who march in favor of returning to work and ending quarantines for the sake of the "economy ") jej
Apr 25, 2020 2:54 AM

Oct 2017
These last few episodes actually got me interested in the story and then this season finale was great.

Pretty average season overall but this wasn't garbage at all. Anyway not hoping much from the next season but still looking forward to it.
Apr 25, 2020 8:44 AM

Apr 2020
Ok so now that I've finished this half... I think it's ok.

The first few episodes kinda suck but once the actual plot kicks in it starts moving pretty well. My one biggest complaint though (aside from the visuals which I never got used to...) is that it shouldn't be a SAC series. Just call it Ghost in the Shell 2045. Everyone is slightly too out of character, the world feels too different, and none of the flesh buds have aged enough for that to work. It's been a whole 11 years since we last saw these characters. Hell, Motoko would be in her 40s mentally by now yet she acts more like her ARISE counterpart as is Batou. Ishikawa is in the field fighting now for some reason and has the exact same haircut as Batou? And Togusa looks, if anything, 10 years younger. Borma at least looks like he's aged. Literally just pull an ARISE and vaguely place it without any connections. They're not needed.

As for this episode specifically, it was pretty good. That part with Yuzu was pretty well done and I'm interested to see how that will play out in the dub. The cliffhanger was a bit weak but that's ok.
Apr 25, 2020 10:30 PM

Apr 2014
Ep 7 and on, I think the show returns to the roots of SAC. I personally don't dislike the CGI animation. It's smooth and pretty well done, unlike other attempts at making a CGI anime. Yes, everyone looks different but I wasn't against the switch to CGI at all, especially since the show is still the good SAC content that we've seen before. Actually I think CGI was a good choice because it made for some good action scenes. And there were definitely places where I saw how it would be easier to direct and animate in CGI, whereas drawing it out would've forced more cuts and angles into the direction. Idk if that makes an impact into the decision to go CGI, but I think it helps to allows the characters move on screen more rather than have everyone freeze while one person moves/talks like most anime studios do to save time and effort (which isn't a bad thing, just something I noticed while watching anime).

I like how Togusa is the main detective and his human element puts him at the front of the story next to the Major. I like that Takashi's story is more than one episode, since it really deserves the attention. The Kanami and Yuzu stories were very impactful, mainly since they deal with tough topics with children like sexual harassment and murder. And I like how Takashi isn't as stone cold of a posthuman as we're led to believe, making it the soft cliffhanger sorta painful lol.
Also, I really like the Purin character, a bit of fun mixed into a cast of serious people.
I'm completely invested in the show, and I can't wait for season 2, or is it season 1 part 2? Cuz Netflix breaks the seasons in a weird way.

tl;dr: CGI is not a reason to hate the show, and the show is exactly how the older seasons were
AlphXcalibyrApr 25, 2020 10:39 PM
Apr 25, 2020 11:01 PM

Oct 2010
garyborken said:

Yes, actually it is bad from a technical stand point. It looks barely better than CG movies from the mid 00s
Apr 26, 2020 12:09 AM

Apr 2014
Kougeru said:
garyborken said:

Yes, actually it is bad from a technical stand point. It looks barely better than CG movies from the mid 00s

As character animation, especially their facial detail, I would say you got the point.

But in terms of mechanical design, material texture(metal, leather, silk...) and background environment, its really(and shall) overkill their mid 00s counterparts.
Apr 26, 2020 2:21 AM

Jun 2015
Attempting to go back to a more similar format to the classic SAC after ep 7 just evidenced how much worse this rendition is, and the amount of moronic moments just seemingly increased, granted it wasn't a terrible time in a group simulwatch and (more often than not) as an unintended comedy, but even the likes of Psycho Pass seem to get a dystopic cyberpunk setting better than Gits nowadays, and that is ultimately pretty sad to witness.
Apr 26, 2020 12:48 PM

Nov 2015
Things definitely got more interesting in the second half of the show, looking forward to the next season ^^

Apr 26, 2020 11:27 PM

Oct 2016
Why did the site merged the two seasons into one? What is people supposed to do? Mark this one as dropped mid way and add the next one when it airs? Mark this one as completed and not add the next one?

Anyways, weakest GitS entry for me so far, let's see how it wraps up things in the second season.
Apr 27, 2020 12:20 PM
Mar 2013
Great season! The first part goes slow (story wise) like previous seasons and the second half goes full "Let's not hold anyone hand with the story and dialog" (again, like previous seasons) It's obvious that the team behind SAC is still passioned about the project.
I wish the animation was more on the 2D side, but that will not demerit the other good points the series has to offer.
Would recommend to any fan, just leave the "I'm 30 and nothing is like the old days" starter pack at the entrance.
Apr 27, 2020 7:12 PM

Mar 2019
That final episode was actually pretty good. Finally! Something interesting! Too bad we had to wait until the final episode. Woops! God, it took too long to get to what I assume will be the main story line of this series. Did Section 9 really need to start off disbanded? So they're forced to disband at the end of SAC. They reunite for Gig 2. Motoko leaves before SSS, but then rejoins at the end of SSS. And then they all break up again? Wtf?

This series was all over the place for me. Disliked episode 1. Enjoyed episodes 2-8. Disliked 9-11 (really hated 10). Liked 12. At no point was it ever as good as the previous SAC seasons, SSS, or Arise Architecture, but it had its moments. The tank fight scene and the fight gainst the first post-human were fantastic... Naked dude doing acrobatics aside.

I don't know how to criticize this show. Earlier in the season it was action and comedy heavy so I figured that I could tolerate the CG issues and lack of substance in the story because the action scenes were actually really cool looking. I figured they're going for an action oriented anime instead of having viewers debating and racking their brains after every episode like in the other adaptations. It was shaping up for GiTS to be what '60s Batman is to the Nolan/more serious Batman stuff. A campy show that's light on philosophy and politics. Then somewhere around the middle they toned down the action and oriented towards dialogue heavy scenes. And man, it's been rough. How am I suppose to feel any emotion watching these cartoony models that can barely sync with the dialogue line delivery? It's not good most of the time.

And another disappointing aspect is how little intrigue and espionage there is in the show. Maybe that will change for episodes 13-24, but Aramaki may as well not exist. In other adaptations he's basically a genius. Strategizing... Playing 4-D chess and getting he and his crew out of tough predicaments just with his brain. He barely appears in 12 episodes of this show and does little to no thinking.

And finally, the new characters are really lame. Standard atm is very unlikable. John Smith's character and his VA are cringe. And, I don't know why you would replace the very likeable Proto with Purin other than to have really awkward comedy scenes with Batou and this Tachikoma AI in a humanoid body that we're supposed to believe is actually a human.
poemofdevilApr 27, 2020 7:17 PM
Apr 29, 2020 12:00 PM

Nov 2017
So apparently the Appleseed guy is going to do the second half? The first half was so good so it better be just as good. Will watch again with dubs. How long until second season?

We don't get mature stories or writing like this in anime anymore. Waiting with baited breath for the rest.
Apr 29, 2020 7:21 PM

Mar 2016
O-M-G! For the first time this show was making something good/interesting and it just stops out of nowhere. There was no good reason to do this. Imagine how powerful this could've been in good old 2D.
I thought this last stretch was good but with the rest of the show, it kind of sucked. The base is nowhere near solid enough.
Apr 29, 2020 7:30 PM
Dec 2014
garyborken said:

The barrier that people need to get over is really more of the shift of format and art style, which is indeed a bad move I'd say.

Nah mate, the 3d animation was absolute garbage. Clearly not enough budget was put into the quality of the visuals, and this is not a matter of liking or disliking the change to CGI.
But then again every single aspect of this show was subpar, so it's not like they over-allocated budget to any other department misstakenly.

Last couple episodes started getting more decent but the ending felt rushed and nonsensical, clearly designed to be a cliffhanger. This would've not happened with old SAC either.
Every time this season seems to have something going for it, it gets ruined the moment after.
Bank episode was the best one, and I wish we'd had more standalone episodes in this season. Even then, it was pretty shallow still.
But no time for that! Gotta focus on the main plot! See all those buzzwords we're throwing around? They're important, trust us! It'll make sense, promise!
Apr 30, 2020 2:35 AM

Jun 2014
[quote=Janeator message=59707213]
garyborken said:

Nah mate, the 3d animation was absolute garbage. Clearly not enough budget was put into the quality of the visuals, and this is not a matter of liking or disliking the change to CGI.
But then again every single aspect of this show was subpar, so it's not like they over-allocated budget to any other department misstakenly.

Again, considering most of the other CGI TV "Anime" competitors, I honestly don't think this is that bad,
Do I like the change? No. Do I think it looks great? of course not. But it's serviceable.

Last couple episodes started getting more decent but the ending felt rushed and nonsensical, clearly designed to be a cliffhanger. This would've not happened with old SAC either.

You do realize that this was always intended as a 24 episodes series from the start of production right?
Netflix's fucked up policy is the only reason it is released like this.

May 1, 2020 1:48 AM

Dec 2015
Overall, it's pretty good storywise.

I get that most people got turned off by the 3DCG and I disappointed they didn't went with traditional 2D animation + some CGs like in the past, but I personally don't bothered much by it tbh, except for the character mouth synch with voice

Ilya Kuvshinov artstyle work pretty well here tho

The music department is pretty meh, and of course can't be compared to Yoko Kanno's work in previous SACs

I like the addition of new characters, especially Purin. And glad they did bring original VAs for all the main casts, especially Major (Atsuko Tanaka instead of Arise OVAs Maaya Sakamoto)

The last 4 episodes of this season felt more like the previous SACs and the cliffhanger was done well

Now have to wait for second part/cour....

Not sure if Kenji Kamiyama directed the 1st part and Shinji Aramaki the 2nd part or they did it for overall

6.5/10 decent series, weakest SAC (it's only half-way sure) undoubtedly
May 1, 2020 10:52 AM
Jun 2009
TOGUSA RODE AWAY ON A HALLUCINATION.

This is NTR for GitS fans. Jesus Christ.

I laughed for 2 minute straight. The writer needs to be Think Pol'd in Minecraft.
May 1, 2020 6:05 PM

Apr 2012
I wish I could make sense of what just happened.

Out in the boonies somehow a memory is being replayed, except is something like an interactive memory. The fact Togusa can see it implies it's an in-matrix thing. But at the same time, Togusa becomes invisible to Batou (like some of the post-humans) and rides away, so this points to an out-matrix experience (with Takashi being possibly present even if the Tachikoma don't comment on that).

I guess one way to approach it is: the memory is a symbolic portal to an autistic matrix, but why in the countryside, unless the matrix is somehow twisted around the post-humans, so Takashi was definitely here, acting as a relay. But that still leaves out the out-matrix aspects.

One clue we're given about the invisibility though is quantization, and something vibrating outside of human (and cyborg since Batou is blind too) reality would be invisible. Quantic entanglement could also explain the boonies matrix presence, even if the out-matrix elements still are unexplained.

Overall fun show (compared to Arise which was a mess, this had careful planning) but I wish it didn't wait the final episode to finally dish out some Gits-level plot. While it was careful to introduce important elements slowly, some episodes definitely felt stretched, notably with action scenes, even if in themselves they had choregraphic worth.

See you next year everyone.
EratiKMay 1, 2020 6:13 PM
May 2, 2020 4:21 PM

May 2019
I thought this series did very well for the GitS series. I definitely like it more than Arise, and it holds up with the rest of SAC.

I think this would have been better received if it wasn't for Netflix's bad rep. I feel people are being too harsh on every aspect of the show simply for it being made by Netflix. There's also people who just don't like it because of how it's animated. The CGI argument is pretty much invalid, with successful shows like RWBY and Hoseki no Kuni hanging around. It could be worse. Check out Skelter+Heaven.

I really enjoyed the addition of Purin. Sure she sticks out like a pink balloon against the grey sky GitS is, but I think she's a good stand-in for when the tachikoma aren't around. I think she acts as a decent foil to the rest of the main cast.
May 3, 2020 3:40 AM
Jun 2009
xSweetSlayerx said:
There's also people who just don't like it because of how it's animated. The CGI argument is pretty much invalid, with successful shows like RWBY and Hoseki no Kuni hanging around. It could be worse. Check out Skelter+Heaven.
Popular = good. Big brain. Why even have your own opinion when every show has a numerical rating based on popularity?
May 3, 2020 5:45 AM

Oct 2010
the "epitome" of ghost in the shell right here, even if you take it as a stand alone and forget that this is a sequel to something, 2045 is lame. If you consider it a sequel you will find inconsistencies and dumb stuff. Solid 1/10
Props to the people who liked it, this show made me sad
May 3, 2020 7:22 AM

May 2019
spiderexpert said:
xSweetSlayerx said:
There's also people who just don't like it because of how it's animated. The CGI argument is pretty much invalid, with successful shows like RWBY and Hoseki no Kuni hanging around. It could be worse. Check out Skelter+Heaven.
Popular = good. Big brain. Why even have your own opinion when every show has a numerical rating based on popularity?

My point is that good shows can exist with 3D CGI animation. Weather RWBY or HnK are good or not is your opinion, but it is indeed a fact that they have a lot of fans who think they're very good, making them as popular as they are.

The "CGI Anime = Bad Anime" argument is shallow and doesn't give the rest of the content a chance. That's why "big brain" people don't judge books by their covers.
May 3, 2020 8:34 AM
Jun 2009
xSweetSlayerx said:
spiderexpert said:

My point is that good shows can exist with 3D CGI animation. Weather RWBY or HnK are good or not is your opinion, but it is indeed a fact that they have a lot of fans who think they're very good, making them as popular as they are.

The "CGI Anime = Bad Anime" argument is shallow and doesn't give the rest of the content a chance. That's why "big brain" people don't judge books by their covers.
If your argument is "being CGI doesn't *necessarily* make an anime bad", sure, I can conceive of a hypothetical good CGI anime, it's just not this one. Some environments and male characters are fine, the rest of the CGI in this is trash.
May 3, 2020 10:02 AM

May 2019
spiderexpert said:
xSweetSlayerx said:

If your argument is "being CGI doesn't *necessarily* make an anime bad", sure, I can conceive of a hypothetical good CGI anime, it's just not this one. Some environments and male characters are fine, the rest of the CGI in this is trash.

I don't think it's enough to outweigh the story and characters. 2045 does seriously lack in visual appeal, but I'm not gonna call everything else and the show as a whole "bad" because of it.
May 3, 2020 12:26 PM
Jun 2009
xSweetSlayerx said:
spiderexpert said:

I don't think it's enough to outweigh the story and characters. 2045 does seriously lack in visual appeal, but I'm not gonna call everything else and the show as a whole "bad" because of it.
The story is full of plot-holes and the characters don't act like themselves.

A few of the plotholes I can recall off the top of my head:
* While fighting Huge, Saito tried to communicate remotely with the rest of the team, despite their brains being in autistic mode.
* Togusa punches out a guy during a dive.
* The team fights virtual entities in hand to hand combat that are only supposed to appear real to the victim of a Think Pol attack.

Now for the characters:
* Tachikomas refer to soldiers searching for a disabled Tachikoma as "greedy grownups". I know Tachikomas are supposed to be child-like thematically, but they aren't supposed to see themselves as children.
* Batou becomes a criminal and causes a default because he's sad about the impact of the Global Simultaneous Default. Absolutely mad.
* Batou follows Togusa around like a moron during ep 12, never insisting Togusa explains his behavior. He also doesn't patch into the Tachikomas' visual sensors despite being aware that they can see Togusa, but he can't.

The music is also trash.
May 3, 2020 3:46 PM

May 2019
spiderexpert said:
xSweetSlayerx said:

* While fighting Huge, Saito tried to communicate remotely with the rest of the team, despite their brains being in autistic mode.
* The team fights virtual entities in hand to hand combat that are only supposed to appear real to the victim of a Think Pol attack.

Now for the characters:
* Tachikomas refer to soldiers searching for a disabled Tachikoma as "greedy grownups". I know Tachikomas are supposed to be child-like thematically, but they aren't supposed to see themselves as children.
* Batou becomes a criminal and causes a default because he's sad about the impact of the Global Simultaneous Default. Absolutely mad.
* Batou follows Togusa around like a moron during ep 12, never insisting Togusa explains his behavior. He also doesn't patch into the Tachikomas' visual sensors despite being aware that they can see Togusa, but he can't.

The music is also trash.

Well, now we're getting on a whole different conversation because none of that is a result of the animation.
May 3, 2020 11:53 PM
Jun 2009
xSweetSlayerx said:
spiderexpert said:

Now for the characters:

The music is also trash.

Well, now we're getting on a whole different conversation because none of that is a result of the animation.
If you wanted the conversation to stay on the topic of animation quality, you shouldn't have said that the plot and characters make up for bad animation.
May 4, 2020 7:30 AM

May 2019
spiderexpert said:
xSweetSlayerx said:

If you wanted the conversation to stay on the topic of animation quality, you shouldn't have said that the plot and characters make up for bad animation.

Again, it's a different conversation. Move on, already.
May 4, 2020 8:13 AM

Apr 2009
So the imagined sister was actually a deceased cousin from the past whom he might have been feeling guilty of causing her death, and the program he made was designed for him to remember that repressed memory and nostalgia.

Crap, Togusa was not only following a memory...he got invited into cyberbrain hack, down into the rabbit hole he goes! The Tachikomas can still see him but not Batou, was Batou blocked/shielded then or the other way around?

As of this writing, MAL hasn't split the episode count of 24 into 12 yet.

8/10 I'm speaking from my bias, I still like GitS.

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 4, 2020 10:18 AM
Jun 2009
xSweetSlayerx said:
spiderexpert said:

You're the one who brought it up, and now you're pretending you didn't because you can't refute my counterpoints. Pathetic.
May 4, 2020 11:01 AM

May 2019
spiderexpert said:
xSweetSlayerx said:

You're the one who brought it up, and now you're pretending you didn't because you can't refute my counterpoints. Pathetic.

Wow, dude. Who hurt you?
May 4, 2020 12:21 PM
Sep 2019
I went into this expecting to hate the animation but while its certainly not "good" after you get to grips with the fact that GitS has declined in popularity and cultural significance over the years this budget CG animation feels appropriate.

But i did hate the story. Plotholes left and right, unlikable characters, ridiculous out of character behaviour and crappy symbology.
Tougosa flying punching somebody online to steal their identity is the perfect synopsis to this show as a whole.

Heck the live action movie did GitS more justice than this.
May 7, 2020 6:14 PM

Jan 2013
That wasn't half bad as people make it out to be.
The animation definitely didn't work for the supposed emotional moments and in general it just didn't work for GitS.
The story was alright, it had some moments and I'm definitely curious to learn more about post-humans, at least if there's more to it than we know.

7/10

May 9, 2020 8:35 AM

Feb 2010
English Dub is out!
May 11, 2020 3:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've my feelings for the CGI and animation before so I won't go into anymore.

This is weak sauce. The gang got back together but just didn't have the same punch. Some of the Section 9 guys are nothing more than background props. Don't even know if their original voice actors work on this anymore.

Togusa and the major are borderline unrecognizable, acting completely out of character most of the time. All of Motoko's self doubt and questions about her own existence and role in society, were completely flushed down the drain and instead we got action girl 101 looking 15 years younger.

The problem was calling this a SAC series. If they had made it as it's own GiTS like Arise, I might not be so critical. But you cannot use the same canon, characters and story line and then be so cavalier about them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 11, 2020 4:30 AM

Apr 2020
Farabeuf said:
I've my feelings for the CGI and animation before so I won't go into anymore.

This is weak sauce. The gang got back together but just didn't have the same punch. Some of the Section 9 guys are nothing more than background props. Don't even know if their original voice actors work on this anymore.

Togusa and the major are borderline unrecognizable, acting completely out of character most of the time. All of Motoko's self doubt and questions about her own existence and role in society, were completely flushed down the drain and instead we got action girl 101 looking 15 years younger.

The problem was calling this a SAC series. If they had made it as it's own GiTS like Arise, I might not be so critical. But you cannot use the same canon, characters and story line and then be so cavalier about them.

RIGHT??? Why call this a SAC series? They literally had ONE standalone episode and it wasn't even all that standalone since the reason it happened was directly connected to the previous episode. If they had just called it GitS 2045 it would have been better.
May 15, 2020 3:52 AM

Jul 2012
Came in with low expectations for the series when the first trailer was revealed when it felt more some graphics that better fit a game. But damn if I wasn't surprised how quickly I didn't dislike the style of the overall show. It didn't take long for it to just feel like GitS at the start either. Still I would rather have the previous styles of the show at the end of the day.

Loved the new Tachikoma's but sometimes it felt like they got dumbed down a bit compared to previous iterations. Even with this being set I believe like 10 years after SAC. Even more so at the end scene where they just felt like narrative mouthpieces for Batou rather than AI thinktanks. In the past I felt like they would would have tried to report back that something is going on with Batou just following Togusa around the mountain for quite a while.

Funny enough that's mostly my biggest gripe that I can recall after watching all 12 episodes at this moment. It was just mostly GitS again, which was a fun ride. Would love to see the writing over all be tightened up in the next 12 episodes to fully bring this up to the GitS standards everyone loves.
May 17, 2020 9:51 AM
Oct 2017
spiderexpert said:
xSweetSlayerx said:

Now for the characters:

The music is also trash.

I am hoping for some type of future explanation to these plot holes as well because disregarding the animation I really enjoyed the story but I need those plot holes addressed because that made the story less than what it could have been.
May 27, 2020 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
That was one hell of a final episode - and cliffhanger...
Looking forward to season 2.
May 31, 2020 10:14 AM

Dec 2011
FreshIngredient said:
English Dub is out!

looks like original SAC cast nice
Jun 20, 2020 9:20 PM
Nov 2018
of course something happens to togusa lol. maybe he's gonna be a post-human? what a cliffhanger, things were getting interesting.

overall, not a bad show, everything after the first mercenary arc was pretty interesting. i'm glad the entire english dub cast came back to voice the characters. visual wise, the environment was nice looking, however the character models were not. there was a definite lack of emotion with the cgi models compared to hand-drawn. it felt so stiff and the un-synced mouth movements were not great. also not feeling major's new design, it just doesn't match her voice.
mrixlJun 20, 2020 9:27 PM
Jun 26, 2020 1:57 PM

Feb 2009
Overall it was decent, not bad as I thought it wiould be. First 7 episodes were really good, the second half went a little bit down with those 2 episodes dedicated to Puni or whatever the name is of the pink hair girl which is annoying and should have been dedicated to the rest of section 9 instead. also that cliffhanger was bad, should concluded that story before heading into part 2. the music and sound was nice all around. I could see myself repeating this series again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 24, 2020

11 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteelingMax - Apr 23, 2020

57 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:42 AM

» This series got way too much hate

Tyrannicswine117 - Feb 21, 2021

26 by SametTakao »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 11 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

11 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 10 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

20 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.