3It was OK
4.5%
2Disliked it
4.5%
1Hated it
6.8%
Average 4.4
44 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2020 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Summer means beach and beach means swimsuits. Show By Rock enlightens us with a swimsuit episode and even the guys are back :o

The silly drama between the guys are probably never going to end in this show lol
Feb 20, 2020 7:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Meh episode, too much moments with the guys I think they're destroying the show.
Feb 20, 2020 7:15 AM

Aug 2012
That wasn't a curling tournament, it was a fucking battlefield! Some nice fan service on their training camp and they referenced Criticrista & Tsurezure but where's Cyan?!
Feb 20, 2020 8:00 AM
Sep 2015
ShinganCrimsonZ introduction always get me, though I hope to see them in swimsuit.
Feb 20, 2020 8:07 AM

Sep 2009
yeah. skipped most of this because of the annoying guys.
Feb 20, 2020 10:17 AM
Sep 2018
Okay yeah, best ep simply because shinganz are here to be the lovable dorks they are. Never change you band of idiots.

Shame that we didn't get a new song this time, and while louder instead of whenever the other bands get referenced as background music, it was just falling roses again. It would've been great if we got a new insert song. They should've shown the shingan boys actually doing the concert.
Feb 20, 2020 10:54 AM

Oct 2008
AT LAST! FINALLY! ShinganCrimsonZ has made an appearance! The powerful singing of Taniyama Kishow is really the real deal!
5/5!

Feb 20, 2020 11:08 AM

Mar 2017
dragonsoldier77 said:
They should've shown the shingan boys actually doing the concert.

I agree, I was expecting to either see the concert or for a singing battle to commence, rather than curling, and the audience from the ice rink to move to the curling stadium because of it.
Feb 20, 2020 12:31 PM

Jun 2017
That curling "tournament" was pretty amazing lol. Too bad the actual main characters barely did anything this time.
Feb 20, 2020 2:14 PM

Dec 2018
That was the worst nightmare I have ever experience!! Why even have the girls on the cover!! This is a boy band anime!!!!

The whole episode was just about males screaming fighting and misbehaving like children!! I think this may be the worst anime I have watched in my life!

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 21, 2020 5:00 PM
Feb 20, 2020 4:19 PM
Sep 2018
Shizurusa said:
dragonsoldier77 said:
They should've shown the shingan boys actually doing the concert.

I agree, I was expecting to either see the concert or for a singing battle to commence, rather than curling, and the audience from the ice rink to move to the curling stadium because of it.

Tbh i feel like this season in particular is lacking in song performances. Usually by this point we already have like 5, and the main groups would be dropping their second song of the season about now.
Feb 20, 2020 5:47 PM

Feb 2017
Yuri-Crusader said:
That was the worst nightmare I have ever experience!! Why even have the girls on the cover!! This is a boy band anime!!!!

The whole episode was just about males screaming fighting and misbehaving behaving like children!! I think this may be the worst anime I have watched in my life!

I also want to see more of the actual "main" band "mashumairesh" but ... if you are a fan of the original "show by rock" then the shingan crimsonz Should've made you happy
Feb 21, 2020 12:45 PM

Jan 2017
7 of 12 episodes and we got what? 2-3 songs? I'm really disappointed with this season :(

+ this was the worst episode in whole SBR...
Feb 21, 2020 2:22 PM

Nov 2013
so...the entry song from ShinganCrimsonz (i like their songs tbh) + a bit of the girls in bikini, that's all i watched this episode LOL
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 22, 2020 7:38 AM

Aug 2016
I got ShinganCrimsonz I'm happy. + Howan is just adorable as hell xd
Feb 22, 2020 12:05 PM
Feb 2020
As a fan of entire SB69 franchise i've to say that's one of the best episodes at all because they showed Shingan boys.

The entire season has been a disappointment to me because it's too far for what SB69S1 and SBS9S2 was - and it would been a problem if Mashumairesh at least was good lmao -, like, one of big point of SB69 (anime and game) are the dark monsters and... there's no single monster... seven episodes and no band battles... like until now its looked more a romance anime about Howan and Himeko relationship jkldfçjsrgidsfgio Where's the plot sadljgksvepojie It's just Howan being naive looking for a job and its look so meaningless...

WELL like how they baited putting this episode as beach episode! yeah fanservince cuz girls on swimsuit!;; but at the and it was fanservince for those who enjoy the series since the previous seasons (cuz sb69 isnt just another idol anime with only lesbian girls being gay only to satisfy some horny public hahaha)

I love that they recreate some classic scenes of shingan (i almost cried when o saw the intro... it's always got my heart...). Its kinda sad that his episode didn't bring any development for the main group (not a big surprise at all, honestly). O really hope something big happens and not just more tsundere
jealous shit again dkjsflrljifljksdf sorry i really cant with that kind of thing to "develop" character ://

Its sad that we hand't a shingan concert! The leak of songs on this season is sooo sad )):

I talk to my bf and we thought that until now they would show an"old" band evry episode (since in the trailer we can see Cyan in the end!) but in not sure since the preview didn't showed nothing.
Feb 22, 2020 7:16 PM

Mar 2017
dragonsoldier77 said:
Shizurusa said:

Tbh i feel like this season in particular is lacking in song performances. Usually by this point we already have like 5, and the main groups would be dropping their second song of the season about now.

Yeah, for sure. They took too long setting up the main band and even then it wasn’t done too well imo. I hope in the next five episodes we get more songs or something from the old bands.
Feb 24, 2020 5:41 PM

Nov 2009
I think the guys are for the Fangirls, since this show was mostly aimed at guys with cute girls in previous seasons.

But I think it might have been better if the guys had things to do related to the girls and not just separate stuff...

And yea, personally I skipped parts about the guys and head straight to watch the girls, LOL

___ ___ ___

As for "songs"... technically they did release quite a bit for up to now. (if you include the boy band....) (basically instead of just focusing on the girl band, they spread out the songs into both girls and boys)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 25, 2020 12:49 AM
Sep 2018
amlg said:
I As for "songs"... technically they did release quite a bit for up to now. (if you include the boy band....) (basically instead of just focusing on the girl band, they spread out the songs into both girls and boys)

Not really. We’ve had 1 performance from each band, and i think there was an insert song when ruhuyu was looking for delmin? That’s 4 in 7 ep.

In season 1 we got 6 songs by ep 7. One for each band except shingaz who had gotten their 2nd song on ep 7.

In season 2 we had 8 by this point. One for each band + 1 from amatelast.

While we have less bands now, they spent so much time just to get main band together instead of having the bands perform.
Feb 25, 2020 6:49 AM

May 2018
Now this is the best fight in anime 2020
Mar 10, 2020 12:06 AM

Jun 2016
Decent episode. I think this is the first time that I've seen curling in an anime lol.

The lack of music in this show doesn't bother me, which is mostly down to the fact Mashumairesh only formed in the previous episode.

Mar 26, 2020 4:40 PM

Jul 2010
Awwwww YEAH!! Mah boyz are back, baby!! Shingan was the best thing about this episode, and their winning the curling tournament at the end made the episode completely worth it...because I'll be honest, I hate Dokofin. They're basically Shingan but without everything that made them likeable, and every single member save for Joe is a complete dumbass or have as much personality as a slab of toast. If they had won, I would have punched the screen Linkara style. So seeing Shingan win made me smile. They absolutely deserved to win!
Apr 26, 2020 5:42 AM

Apr 2011
My nice beach episode ruined by the boys.

But its nice to see Shingan again.
Dec 6, 2021 5:01 AM

Feb 2020
The obligatory beach episode. The girls were beautiful in their swimsuits. :3

Howan and Himeno were so cute again. ^_^

Those little cakes looked delicious!

It was the first time I have seen curling in an anime. What a chaotic tournament, hehe.

SerafosNov 28, 2023 10:48 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

17 by Pinoffin »»
Feb 26, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2020

20 by Pinoffin »»
Feb 26, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

28 by vinipart2 »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:45 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

14 by Muow »»
Sep 1, 2022 7:14 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

31 by Muow »»
Aug 31, 2022 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.