3It was OK
14.3%
2Disliked it
2.4%
1Hated it
9.5%
Average 4.0
42 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Nice to see PPP again and Crested Ibis singing voice never gets old.
Mar 4, 2019 12:27 PM
Sep 2017
Good, fluid choreography and dance animation? How far we've come, my dudes.

Song was fantastic and seeing some fan favorites like Tanuki, Puffin, Lulu and Toki was definetely a pleasant surprise.

Spotify pls get me that song now
Mar 4, 2019 12:53 PM
Nov 2018
Honestly, I hoped they would add any Grape-kun references - as a pic of Hululu fan or something like that.

Anyway, great to see old PPPs again. And their song was sugoi^^
Mar 4, 2019 1:27 PM

Sep 2018
Good to see Crested Ibis again and also PePaPu, i wonder who's that friends that wants to meet a human, i bet that the one she wanted to meet is Kaban but her underlings took Kyururu chan instead
Mar 4, 2019 3:31 PM

Apr 2012
Been looking forward to the penguin episode and they've barely sung and nothing else. At least the previous season showed their personalities, disappointed.
Mar 4, 2019 4:13 PM

Jul 2015
It's nice to see done old faces.
And beaks. And shouts.

And huge props for Cerulean theme.
PieromyslMar 4, 2019 4:33 PM

Mar 4, 2019 6:09 PM

Aug 2018
So uh, no honouring of Grape-kun or just a reference towards Grape-kun? Not cool...
Oppertunity imo wasted.

Grape-kun x Hululu (April 16, 1996 – October 12, 2017)
Never forget!

Either way, I honesty want to see a idol spin-off anime with the pinguin girls idol group PPP from Kemono Friends. If you don't want to see that, you're lying.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Mar 4, 2019 6:10 PM

Dec 2018
copy paste crowd
not even full
tractor is kill?
this series is adorable and intriguing but damn is the animation crap. at least the song was well done.
Mar 4, 2019 8:36 PM

Aug 2018
I was glad to see a number of old friends again. I really liked the whole episode. I’m most amused with Armadillo and her friends quest to find Kyururu. I’m anxious to see who put them up to it and why.
Mar 5, 2019 9:36 AM
Jan 2018
surprised to see how nobody isnt going ape shit with hate here
loving it, good episode.
now, let us wait for the tatsuki dick riders to barge in and spew shit.
btw, massive props to the dude who wrote the first review on KF2, really shines light on how this show is getting stabbed in the guts for a crime it didn't commit
Mar 5, 2019 10:29 AM
Jan 2013
HydroAstral said:
boy, sure is great that this is a wholesome place and noone is doing any shit flinging here
gone bai bai
Mar 5, 2019 12:01 PM

Dec 2018
HydroAstral said:

I'm trying to stay somewhat positive in the hopes that the series continues and unfucks itself
Also, that review assumes people are mad just because of kadokawa, when the animation is worse (see the poor PPP crowd clipping and copy paste, or the fact that characters will be looking in odd directions while speaking to each other), the "friends" are nowhere near as friendly as S1, there are large changes in the way returning characters act, the entire nature of ceruleans has changed, and the story often makes little sense, while the overarching plot has pretty much gone nowhere in 8 episodes.
StateofOhayoMar 5, 2019 12:08 PM
Mar 5, 2019 12:17 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah it's funny how despite a large portion of the audience mentionning how the new series is super boring, some people are still like "look at those Kadokawa haters" when it has strictly nothing to do with it.
Mar 5, 2019 7:18 PM

Feb 2016

Oh god I don't like beating a dead horse, that's not nice nor morally acceptable. But since some people assume that kemofure critics are only "tatsuki D. riders", I guess I'll trow in my two cents.

---------

Interesting, there are 5 members in the drawing, so, kyururu was in the show AFTER season 1, and thus when the park was already destroyed and empty of humans (since in season 1 they mention that this is the first group with 5 members and princess doesn't have a predecessor). That. or this is more retconning.

This chapter was a combination of awesome 3D in the penguins, and horrible lazy CG in other parts, like the grass not even having a texture, and.. lot's of things, but specially things like:

Some friends liked the show so much that they paid double or triple tickets so they could go multiple times.

Afterall, the penguins are in awesome 3d. Poor filler friends. Some were so shy of being plain copypasted sprites that they started looking away from the stage:

There was also another random cerulian, once again they run scared, until they remember they are now superstrong and defeat it as always, in 1 hit.

What else?... Ah, yes friends are smarter now so they use tools like electric lamps, or a cage cart to trap kyururu. With superpowers like flight, and 1 hit KO on ceruleans, it's a wonder they haven't taken over humans yet. So, if we take human problem solving away, what does it make humans different, or better at something than friends, in this season?

"Guyz, we could go and check what is going on with the penguins....or even better, we could set up a random act, and hope that whatever is stopping the penguins solves by itself!" Forget it, friends are not smart enough.

Also, as expected, armadillo/pangolin return was indeed via deux ex machina, trapping Kyururu in a way we didn't see, for a purpose we don't know, and could have really done it in any chapter.

Let's see where the story goes from here, now that we will have an episode with *plot*.
Mar 6, 2019 3:45 AM

Oct 2008
PPP stole the entire episode because of their performance!
Kyururu-chan got kidnapped!? i wonder by which friends? lolz
4/5.

Mar 6, 2019 4:55 AM

Aug 2018
HydroAstral said:
loving it, good episode.
btw, massive props to the dude who wrote the first review on KF2, really shines light on how this show is getting stabbed in the guts for a crime it didn't commit

You think so? People even get upset on you if you're not battshit crazy in believing this is a direct sequal. It's pretty clear this is a alternatieve story and the entry on MAL is correct. Yet, people still see this a direct sequal.

Then the fact the CGI is a huge eye-sore, the story doesn't make any progress. As mention before, it's kinda like beating up a dead horse at this point. It's way more than the "No Tatsuki" drama.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Mar 6, 2019 8:24 AM
Feb 2013
Azumi-tei said:

Also, as expected, armadillo/pangolin return was indeed via deux ex machina, trapping Kyururu in a way we didn't see, for a purpose we don't know, and could have really done it in any chapter.

Let's see where the story goes from here, now that we will have an episode with *plot*.

Wait, hold on. If there has been a friend waiting for a human for supposedly a long time, did this person just not know about Kaban who has been in the area for allegedly much longer than Kyururu? How did this friend find out Kyururu who, assuming from Episode 1, has just recently entered Japari Park, but not Kaban who has been living in Japari Park for longer than Kyururu if this friend was supposedly looking for a human for such a long time?
Mar 6, 2019 9:13 AM

Feb 2016
LordFishKing said:

Wait, hold on. If there has been a friend waiting for a human for supposedly a long time, did this person just not know about Kaban who has been in the area for allegedly much longer than Kyururu? How did this friend find out Kyururu who, assuming from Episode 1, has just recently entered Japari Park, but not Kaban who has been living in Japari Park for longer than Kyururu if this friend was supposedly looking for a human for such a long time?

Maybe it's a chronic procrastinator. Like, she really really wanted to meet the human, but avoided the idea for years, but *now* it's the perfect day to stop procrastinating but being lazy as she is, sent her underlings instead of going herself (you know, so they can mistake kyururu for kaban and pick the wrong human).

Next week in KF2: Sloth friend.

But really, now that you mention it, kaban even has a huge mansion, she isn't traveling so isn't going anywhere anytime soon and is known in the area. The mysterious friend could just go and knock at the door.
Azumi-teiMar 6, 2019 12:14 PM
Mar 6, 2019 10:55 AM
Sep 2017
Because she was looking for a specific human - and it wasn't Kaban.
Mar 6, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
no mention to grape-kun 0/10

I kid but this episode felt....bland even tho we had PPP performing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2019 8:26 PM
Feb 2018
This episode was great, lovely song and choreography, and a mysterious friend appears.
Mar 16, 2019 12:20 AM
Mar 2012
PPP performance was quite nice. Wouldn't mind if the whole season turned into an idol show.
Also great to see crested ibis, red fox gamer, puffin etc.
Margay having a tough time, but our trio saved the show.
Finally the silly duo caught Kyururu, with mysteries of that waiting friend & "house".
Apr 1, 2019 8:40 PM

Sep 2010
A human, in a cage, being transported by animals (or "friends").... interesting inversion. xD
Nov 4, 2021 8:12 AM

Feb 2020
Cute performance from PPP. Nice song and choreography. I love those characters. :3

SerafosDec 24, 2023 9:23 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrAwesome2018 - Apr 1, 2019

69 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 7 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Feb 25, 2019

17 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 2 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Jan 21, 2019

25 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

SakurakoMikage - Mar 8, 2023

3 by SakurakoMikage »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.