3It was OK
13.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
46 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm this was a more serious episode, first half was buildup while the second part was execution. Surprisingly, I think they planned that out quite well.

Plus, we got guys like Kiyomitsu and Taroutachi who were so eager to fight anyway.
The action was pretty fast paced and actually by the looks of it, all the guys were fired up for the fight. Fun stuff.
Dec 11, 2016 8:58 AM

Mar 2013
AH SHINSENGUMIII!
Shinsengumi is too fast!!! YAMATONOKAAAMII
Ono Daisuke as Okita Souji
Dec 11, 2016 8:59 AM
Mar 2015
Having Okita's sword being forced to watch Okita go into the Inn in Kyoto to fight was heartbreaking. He wanted to help him so much
Dec 11, 2016 9:12 AM
Feb 2016
Aaaannd- we're back to Ikeda Inn again. I was sure that the Ikeda Inn battle would occur for the final episode so when I watch this episode I thought did I miscount and that Hanamaru is not 12 episode but actually 11 when all the characters just seem to be saying their last words when they wish good luck for the team that's to go to Ikeda Inn; but I was assured by that cliffhanger that I will indeed get my 12th episode (≧◡≦) ♡

Since I didn't expect there will be part 1 and 2 so I thought that this week will focus on Nagasone. Such as him and Mutsunokami conflict or even how he will get to be closer to his siblings (esp. Hachisuka) but since it was divided into 2 parts with focusing on the battle of Ikeda Inn, Nagasone problem that I thought could fill for either the 1st half or the entire episode was quickly resolve within minutes. Haha.

Well no matter what I'm sure they'll wrap this show nicely. Can't wait for next week episode and the 2017 version of Touken Ranbu :)))
Dec 11, 2016 9:53 AM

Feb 2016
i really liked hanamaru's okita
and we got kane-san beautiful as always
Dec 11, 2016 10:11 AM

Oct 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm this was a more serious episode, first half was buildup while the second part was execution. Surprisingly, I think they planned that out quite well.

Plus, we got guys like Kiyomitsu and Taroutachi who were so eager to fight anyway.
The action was pretty fast paced and actually by the looks of it, all the guys were fired up for the fight. Fun stuff.
Taroutachi? Was he even in this episode?
Dec 11, 2016 10:22 AM

Oct 2016
Cant say i agree with some of these comments. I thought the Okita reveal very anticlimactic ( it seriously felt like even the show was treating his reveal like it was nothing special ) and predictable. Honestly, who didnt see this coming. The secret character that Hanamaru teased at HAD to be either Saniwa or Okita. They wouldnt reveal Saniwa ( Most likely ) because it would be pointless to do so so late in the series and because the point of the game ( and by hanamaru ) if for the player/Viewer to project themselves onto the faceless and genderless sage. So i knew all along that Okita was coming. I just didnt expect his reveal to be so.. you know.

Him looking exactly like a cross between Yamato and Kashuu ( Kashuus face and Yamatos everything else ) didnt surprise me but did bother me a bit because he has blue eyes. Episode was okay and i definitely think i can predict whatll happen in the next. Regardless of what Yamato does, he cant save Okita because itll change History. I do hope hell at least get to spend a bit of time with Okita before he dies though.

First half of episode was cute but slow as usual. Im definitely glad this episode had better fight scenes. Horikawa and Kanesan were honestly the highlight of everything. Im torn between liking Hanamaru Okita and being ; meh about him. Hes not as aggressively bishounenized as other portrayals of Okita but at the same time i feel like they could have made him look more like an ordinary japanese man, at least with his hair and eye color. Revealing him at all sort of took away the mystery of not knowing what the previous masters look like but its better that it was him over them revealing Saniwas appearance.

Loved the dramatic ED and the cute end card. Tsundere Hachisuka tho... Overall pretty average episode but looking forward to the next. Also, Mikazukis narration. and kogitsunemaru got a next episode shout out from Iwatooshi?? Hmmm
Dec 11, 2016 12:56 PM

Jul 2014
Barasone-niichan in all his bara glory
HORIKAWA HELPS KANE-SAN GET DRESSED
And that Horikane double attack <3
holy shiT OKITA-KUN IS GORGEOUS
HE LOOKS LIKE KANDA FROM DGM WHO IS ALSO GORGEOUS

I would have preferred Shinsengumi singing ED but oh well <3
Dec 11, 2016 1:44 PM

Feb 2013
vikki7783 said:
Barasone-niichan in all his bara glory
HORIKAWA HELPS KANE-SAN GET DRESSED
And that Horikane double attack <3
holy shiT OKITA-KUN IS GORGEOUS
HE LOOKS LIKE KANDA FROM DGM WHO IS ALSO GORGEOUS

I would have preferred Shinsengumi singing ED but oh well <3

Barasone lmaoo
I laughed too much at this
Dec 11, 2016 3:48 PM

May 2010
I kinda fear the ending.
Hanamaru's Okita is so handsome lol.
Dec 11, 2016 5:13 PM
Jan 2008
Depending on how next week pans out...this might be my fave episode of Hanamaru yet...

--No way does someone get killed off. That's ufotable's job.

--...was that OnoD as Okita?

--I suspect Kashuu and co. come in to save Yams at the last second. Kashuu, Izumi and Hori knew something was awry...
Dec 11, 2016 6:53 PM

Jul 2009
Damnit Yamatonokami you had one job!
Dec 11, 2016 7:27 PM

Jun 2015
The action was pretty cool. Mutsunokami saved Nagasone just in time. The last bit at the end is interesting.
Dec 12, 2016 12:06 PM
Dec 2015
MikazukiRanbu said:
Cant say i agree with some of these comments. I thought the Okita reveal very anticlimactic ( it seriously felt like even the show was treating his reveal like it was nothing special ) and predictable. Honestly, who didnt see this coming. The secret character that Hanamaru teased at HAD to be either Saniwa or Okita. They wouldnt reveal Saniwa ( Most likely ) because it would be pointless to do so so late in the series and because the point of the game ( and by hanamaru ) if for the player/Viewer to project themselves onto the faceless and genderless sage. So i knew all along that Okita was coming. I just didnt expect his reveal to be so.. you know.

Him looking exactly like a cross between Yamato and Kashuu ( Kashuus face and Yamatos everything else ) didnt surprise me but did bother me a bit because he has blue eyes. Episode was okay and i definitely think i can predict whatll happen in the next. Regardless of what Yamato does, he cant save Okita because itll change History. I do hope hell at least get to spend a bit of time with Okita before he dies though.

First half of episode was cute but slow as usual. Im definitely glad this episode had better fight scenes. Horikawa and Kanesan were honestly the highlight of everything. Im torn between liking Hanamaru Okita and being ; meh about him. Hes not as aggressively bishounenized as other portrayals of Okita but at the same time i feel like they could have made him look more like an ordinary japanese man, at least with his hair and eye color. Revealing him at all sort of took away the mystery of not knowing what the previous masters look like but its better that it was him over them revealing Saniwas appearance.

Loved the dramatic ED and the cute end card. Tsundere Hachisuka tho... Overall pretty average episode but looking forward to the next. Also, Mikazukis narration. and kogitsunemaru got a next episode shout out from Iwatooshi?? Hmmm

Depending on how they'll do it, I'm thinking that they'll connect the last episode with the anime in 2017 by ufotable. All the characters in the PV are there. Also, Yoshiyuki (Sakamoto) and Nagasone (Kondou) being in conflict were highlighted in the beginning. Not to mention, since based on the PV of ufotable anime..Mutsunokami seems the focus (betrayal) of it...that ultimately ties on how he was portrayed in this episode. He actually strikes me as traitorous in more than one scene.
Dec 12, 2016 12:17 PM

Oct 2016
Loyalty06 said:
MikazukiRanbu said:

Depending on how they'll do it, I'm thinking that they'll connect the last episode with the anime in 2017 by ufotable. All the characters in the PV are there. Also, Yoshiyuki (Sakamoto) and Nagasone (Kondou) being in conflict were highlighted in the beginning. Not to mention, since based on the PV of ufotable anime..Mutsunokami seems the focus (betrayal) of it...that ultimately ties on how he was portrayed in this episode. He actually strikes me as traitorous in more than one scene.

No. I think if Ufotable touken ranbu and Hanamaru were connected, it would be announced at the END of the series. Theres still one episode left and its been made pretty clear that Hanamaru will be over on episode 12. In the next episode synopsis, They said Kashuu will be going after Yamato which will likely lead to him stopping Yamato from changing History, therefore ending the conflict before it can happen. Ufotable TOuken Ranbu will follow shinsengumi events but that doesnt mean itll in any way have anything to do with Hanamaru. You gotta remember that theyre both based off of the same game which recounts historical events. These events are NOT exclusive in Hanamaru and have been briefly touched upon in game. There would be no point in dragging Hanamaru over to ufotables anime when Dogakobo has enough manpower and time to just make a season 2 for it, regardless. I believe that hanamaru will end on Sunday like its meant to and Ufotable will tell the stories of Touken Ranbu in a new medium. I wont subscribe to the theory that theyre in anyway connected until Ufotable or Nitro+ tells us otherwise.

Also it makes sense that all the Shinsengumi swords + Mutsunokami are there already. Its a Shinsengumi situation which is why Anime saniwa sent them all there. Since all the Shisengumi swords were gathered. That still doesnt mean its connected to Ufotables Anime.

To each their own theories, but connecting Hanamaru to Ufotable solely because theyre both going to touch upon Shinsengumi events is a really far stretch in my opinion.
MikazukiRanbuDec 12, 2016 12:22 PM
Dec 12, 2016 12:23 PM
Dec 2015
MikazukiRanbu said:
Loyalty06 said:

No. I think if Ufotable touken ranbu and Hanamaru were connected, it would be announced at the END of the series. Theres still one episode left and its been made pretty clear that Hanamaru will be over on episode 12. In the next episode synopsis, They said Kashuu will be going after Yamato which will likely lead to him stopping Yamato from changing History, therefore ending the conflict before it can happen. Ufotable TOuken Ranbu will follow shinsengumi events but that doesnt mean itll in any way have anything to do with Hanamaru. You gotta remember that theyre both based off of the same game which recounts historical events. These events are NOT exclusive in Hanamaru and have been briefly touched upon in game. There would be no point in dragging Hanamaru over to ufotables anime when Dogakobo has enough manpower and time to just make a season 2 for it, regardless. I believe that hanamaru will end on Sunday like its meant to and Ufotable will tell the stories of Touken Ranbu in a new medium. I wont subscribe to the theory that theyre in anyway connected until Ufotable or Nitro+ tells us otherwise.

That's fair, and we still have the last episode to get by. :)

I'm just really suspicious of how Mutsunokami was portrayed here. Like he's very confident and kinda not attached with the group and that, "Guess what should I do now, I wonder" line was not concluded yet. He was quite mysterious. I hope we get some answer next episode.
Dec 13, 2016 6:54 AM

Dec 2015
Oh no, Yasusada is going to try and change history to save Okita-kun :(

Damn it, this cliffhanger. Now I really want to know what happens next.
Dec 13, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
Shinsengumi gathering again at Ikedaya inn omfg.
OKITA!!!!!!
Dec 16, 2016 12:48 AM

Oct 2008
ED Music for this episode 11 was cool!
Centered to Yamatonokami.
This episode has a lot of action which is good.
4/5.

Dec 17, 2016 3:14 AM

Mar 2016
It's not like the unusual episode....
Cliffhanger here.......please!
Can't wait for next episode

Jan 5, 2017 5:48 AM

Jul 2014
I wish all (or at least most) of the previous episodes were like this one. I really liked the more serious nature of this episode... I've been hoping for more dispatches to different periods in history. Though the casual episodes with the guys fooling around were fun in its own way, I think it would've been better if it delved more into the historical aspect of the show. Oh well, can't wait for the final episode!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Feb 26, 2017 5:51 AM
Dec 2009
Surprisingly serious episode, this is what I was expecting throughout the whole series. I guess this was the climax to the final episode...?
Feb 16, 2023 12:07 AM
May 2018
it was refreshing to see and know more information about history.
also, nerve wrecking on the changing course of history.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2016

33 by lunarches »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2016

33 by iamafreak »»
Feb 16, 2023 12:15 AM

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2016

12 by iamafreak »»
Feb 15, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2016

173 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 7, 2022 11:42 PM

» Should I watch Touken Ranbu Hanamaru?

RuiZleipa - Jan 28, 2018

6 by Konani »»
Jan 20, 2019 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.