3It was OK
8.9%
2Disliked it
1.1%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
90 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 14, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, even kids aren't to be underestimated in this series.

Glad to see Chinatsu do some battling this week as a Selector. Compared to Homura, I like her cool confidence even. The battle itself was okay, so far they are presenting the mechanics pretty straightforward. This season's music also seems to have improved imo when it comes to the actual battle. Mel's personality also is comparable to Lil.

Decent episode. I do hope they bring out some stronger opponents though.
Stark700Oct 14, 2016 10:51 AM
Oct 14, 2016 11:05 AM

Sep 2015
Noooo I wanted to see what is that 'Berserk' thing
The plot is so sad though, she lost everything in her life

(ED song is great!)
Oct 14, 2016 11:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fucking hell, everything south for Chinatsu in one episode. That was sad to watch.
Oct 14, 2016 11:10 AM
Apr 2015
I feel very sorry for Chinatsu...
Oct 14, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
This is my first card anime ever, i didn't know that they can be that dark but it's really good,maybe Chinatsu wanted just to despair so she was not very serious, at the end she realized that she didn't want to gave up and lose her happy memories with houmura, I hope the two friends will met up soon that will be interesting
AlhakamOct 14, 2016 11:26 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2016 11:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well just about everything went awfully wrong for her at the same time there x.x
Oct 14, 2016 11:36 AM
Aug 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Well just about everything went awfully wrong for her at the same time there x.x

Probably because she kept losing.
Oct 14, 2016 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
Good follow up episode and a very Chinatsu focused one as well.

It was nice to see Chinatsu working hard, A very important point being that she refused to use the coin because she wanted to win without relying on that power.

However it was sad to see that pretty much everything went wrong for her. :(
I guess that's the main reason she finally decided to use the coin, She just didn't want to give up everything she worked for.

Another important plot point mentioned today, Winning the Selector Battles means you can change/alter/create/erase any memory of your wishing.

The only thing I can't seem to find a definitive reason for is the ending where Chinatsu questions herself about who she's working hard for. She questions if she really needs Suzu in her life, Does this somehow imply that the reason Chinatsu has been working hard throughout her life is just because she wants to remain a role model for Suzu? If that's the case then based of what she just said, It might mean that Chinatsu's goal in the Selector battles might end up as trying to erase her memories of Suzu which is sad. :(
Interested in seeing what route the show is gonna take even more now, Also I really hope that the both of them can meet up soon.
Oct 14, 2016 11:42 AM

Feb 2016
OMG PIRULUK!!! :OOOO

And they didn't show the battle and her LRIG... NOW IM FUCKING HYPED :OOO

I really like this for now, seems like it has a better start than the previous WIXOSS series, although I'm gonna miss some characters (especially Mayu)... I just hope they connect the stories somehow. And I really love how they explain the rules more this time, while still keeping things subtle and focusing more on the characters. Looking forward for the next eps, I'm definitely enjoying this.
Oct 14, 2016 11:44 AM

Nov 2012
wow, only 2 episodes in and we're getting full suffering already. they're not waiting long this time :p
for chinatsu though, sucks that everything went wrong for her there.
Oct 14, 2016 12:21 PM
Nov 2015
Chinatsu ;_; Man, this is getting dark already
Oct 14, 2016 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
wow this is so much better then the previous wixoss

the characters feel much more real and less cringe , also previous wixoss was a bit of a tryhard at being "dark and edgy" while the suffering here does not feel forced
Oct 14, 2016 12:47 PM

Nov 2014
I'm assuming now she's going to be some some kind of unstoppable killing machine now that she's lost everything and seemingly doesn't care about what her friend would think...

It's going to be ugly when they eventually see each other again.
Oct 14, 2016 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
Poor Chinatsu, she suffered a lot.
The prize is a bit cheap compared with the previous series, they can only alter a memory.
Oct 14, 2016 1:27 PM

Apr 2014
That little girl was really fucking annoying.

Everything went to shit for Chinatsu at around the same time lol

I can't wait till Suzuko and Chinatsu finally meet again

Oct 14, 2016 1:28 PM

Mar 2015
Poor Chi-chan :((
Oct 14, 2016 2:02 PM

Jun 2016
I really liked the second episode, the first i didn't enjoy.

think this one may have potential

Oct 14, 2016 2:04 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Chinatsu had to go through a lot of crap. From being a selector who refused to use her coin at first, but she sadly lost her first two matches. After learning the meaning of her memories disappearing, everything went south for her.

Her grades slipped, which puts her chance of a good scholarship at risk. Then she attacked her friend who was only concerned about her being out late at night, which not only damaged her reputation, but she lost her part time job too. Coupled with her father's horrid luck with his own job, Chinatsu has already gone through too much already.

At least she finally won her match at her third attempt, but the mental damage has already been left on her. =(

My feeling is that her first meeting with Homura in years will be on the Selector battlefield.

Great episode overall and a better start than both Infected and Spread Wixoss as well. =)
Oct 14, 2016 3:09 PM
May 2016
well on a scale of 1-10, how much did our character screw up
Oct 14, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2014
Well that turned depressing quick. Poor Chinatsu. (And poor kid who lost to her)
Oct 14, 2016 4:05 PM

Mar 2008
This is really more and more like it's predecessor series a slow burn (which I can enjoy) with a lot of building but with little payoff in the end.

Why do they keep cutting the battles short and why do they keep making them so uninteresting? The stakes are there sure it just doesn't matter a whole lot if there isn't anything to see. There's no suspense there's no surprise there's just not a lot going on.

This was a big problem in the original series, especially with potentially good fights like Akira vs Ruuko which again also flopped. I love the idea we are getting into the psyche of the characters who play the game but I really want a bit more substance to go with it.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Oct 14, 2016 5:01 PM
Jan 2014
ShadowBlazer3000 said:
This is really more and more like it's predecessor series a slow burn (which I can enjoy) with a lot of building but with little payoff in the end.

Why do they keep cutting the battles short and why do they keep making them so uninteresting? The stakes are there sure it just doesn't matter a whole lot if there isn't anything to see. There's no suspense there's no surprise there's just not a lot going on.

This was a big problem in the original series, especially with potentially good fights like Akira vs Ruuko which again also flopped. I love the idea we are getting into the psyche of the characters who play the game but I really want a bit more substance to go with it.

The anime might be themed around a card game but it's much more centered on the characters themselves. If they focused too much on the mechanics the viewers might get excited and bloodthirsty instead of depressed as we usually are. Don't forget that this is an anime marketed towards women, not men.

That and the fact that NOONE wants to go head to head with Arc V at this point. Its last episodes have been one huge success after another.
Oct 14, 2016 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
Well... That just went super dark and depressing.
Literally as I was watching:
"Why is all this crap happening to her, what did she do? This is too sad man how can this get any..."
*sees ending*
"... Oh shiznit"
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Oct 14, 2016 8:59 PM

Jan 2011
damn i thought Suzu was having it bad at first but being Chi-chan is pure suffering it's like someones making it their goal to make her have a bad day, fact her job found out she caused a problem bothered me who be snitching?!.

berserk coin seems scary since it actually effects the player D:
Oct 14, 2016 9:43 PM

Oct 2014
Okay, For me the real thing is... Who the new Game Master, and what memory that person want to erased and making people erasing memories of others... The New Game Master is crazy...

I feel Chi scenario is quite explained in the Teaser Preview where They (Chi and Suzu) Forgot one another or both. Either by using "Erased" Winning options...
We also can kinda see the ending where they will use "Regain" at the end and remember and hugging and loving.
If Chi did "Erase" once she saw Suzu, I think the same thing as the Green girl Last Season where Pieces of Memory will Haunt her.
Oct 14, 2016 9:58 PM

Oct 2009
mastelgate said:
Okay, For me the real thing is... Who the new Game Master, and what memory that person want to erased and making people erasing memories of others... The New Game Master is crazy...

I'm trying to connect the dot here, I think this series is probably the prequel to the other series. Because as you can see that they started with blank card that takes form after their memories, unlike other series that started with other people souls inside the card. I think they are the first wave of WIXOSS cards with souls, those defeated will be sealed inside, which is also explains why there is no actual 'prize' for winning.. but one thing that doesn't fit the picture is the existence of male players.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 14, 2016 10:16 PM
Jul 2014
So, between last week and this one I marathoned the prior two series, to get a bit more context. I liked them a lot. Granted this one looks like a reset with different characters, so that was probably not really necessary, but I don't regret it.

Still a little too early to tell if I like this one yet, but it certainly has me intrigued.

It seems odd that the move of using a coin is called "coin bet" though, when it seems like you win/lose coins each battle regardless of whether you bet or not. I suspect there's a hidden cost there which will be revealed later, sort of like what happened in prior seasons.
Oct 14, 2016 10:42 PM

Oct 2016
wow, what an episode, okay, let's talk about that.

ok, now we know that selector start with different coin's number. That make the game become complicate and differrent people have different numbers of chance.

many selector and lrig was presented in this episode.
- piruluk (kiyoi) with ???
- hanna with Nanashi (anonymous)
- red hair girl with Yukime
- unknown boy with Donna (gold hair LRIG)
- unknown little girl with Mama (yes, Mama (Mommy) is really that LRIG name)

Chinatsu's life is going down and poor girl is falling to despair. I think She may want to destroy her memory about Suzu. Is this an inevitable destiny for two of them to battle each other in future?

A battle like that make me feeling both sad and exciting at the same time. I will wait calmly for that to happen.

Now for today LRIG: Mel (Meru)

Her card was release in Japan few days ago and I already know what the hell her "Berserk" ability is

the translation is in the spoil, click it if you really want to know about her berserk ability (spoiler alert)
Oct 14, 2016 10:50 PM

Jul 2015
Good episode. It was cool to see things from Chinatsu's perspective. The pacing was fast but balanced and I'm really digging this season. I thinks its much better that the old ones. cant w8 for the next episode :)
Oct 14, 2016 11:10 PM

Nov 2013
I liked the episode enough, got to see some more of the selectors that will be important throughout the series, like last time season there going to somehow manage to keep most of the battles between the same people overall. The loli girl is freaking adorable, the way she named her LRIG to how she stuffs up her first turn (even if it was acting) and also the fact that she's too short to see over the table and has to stand on her tip toes just to see over, it's cute.

It was also good to see more Yurika Kubo, I didn't relise before that her jumper is too big for her and it's freaking adorable and after this episode I like her character a lot more which is good cause I want to love her since its Yurika freaking Kubo, I love her voice, she is my goddess and I'm most likly going to gush about her after every single episode. Can't wait to see her do a bit more and I think the name of her LRIG halarious if just because it's anonymous but it still gets -chan and such, really great.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Oct 15, 2016 12:54 AM

Mar 2014
mastelgate said:

I feel Chi scenario is quite explained in the Teaser Preview where They (Chi and Suzu) Forgot one another or both. Either by using "Erased" Winning options...
We also can kinda see the ending where they will use "Regain" at the end and remember and hugging and loving.
If Chi did "Erase" once she saw Suzu, I think the same thing as the Green girl Last Season where Pieces of Memory will Haunt her.

Mayu was still around after last time I think might be her misguided attempt at making amends.
Oct 15, 2016 1:37 AM

Jul 2008
Well this gave us the blueprint on how to destroy a girl in a few simple steps.
Giving her an ability called Berserk seems fitting, with so much lousy stuff happenin to her..., she must be a geiser of venom. The future though doesnt look to bright for her though, the path of self destruction in now open. Guess Suzu is going to have to talkdraw her out of it, a reverse of roles.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Oct 15, 2016 2:21 AM
Sep 2015
First episode was better than original series (which I didn't like too much) but being fired only because she argued with someone in school. Their point to bring her on the edge was good but the way wasn't.
Oct 15, 2016 2:52 AM

Nov 2015
I felt bad for Chinatsu her life is getting messy.

Oct 15, 2016 4:08 AM

Apr 2012
Poor Chinatsu, everything went to hell for her there.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 15, 2016 5:15 AM

Jun 2010
So, can anyone tell me who voices the, "Mama." Card?
Oct 15, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2015
Decked this unfortunately. Not because it sucks but I'm not feeling enough love for it. Certain elements of the story are elements I do not like
Oct 15, 2016 7:03 AM

Aug 2011
I wanted to know Chinatsu's Coin Bet effect, dammit

» Escapism.

Oct 15, 2016 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
damn man Chinatsu's life is getting more complicated
Oct 15, 2016 7:53 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I feel bad for Chinatsu.
- Gets fired from work
- So called friends snitch on her that she's being out late at night.
- Her family has to move by the end of the month.
- Grades falling down and at risk of not getting the scholarship

I liked the Green pink haired LRIG, as well as the shrine LRIG, a bit of variety imo.

So Suzu declines a match from Hanna because she doesn't want to fight. One returns back to her hometown and the other at the brink of leaving.

Oct 15, 2016 9:31 AM
May 2014
Punkbeetle said:
Well this gave us the blueprint on how to destroy a girl in a few simple steps.
Giving her an ability called Berserk seems fitting, with so much lousy stuff happenin to her..., she must be a geiser of venom. The future though doesnt look to bright for her though, the path of self destruction in now open. Guess Suzu is going to have to talkdraw her out of it, a reverse of roles.

Berserk is usually shown as a state where you're unable to distinguish friend or foe.
The opponent in that battle probably wiped herself out after it were used.

It is indeed quite fitting for her.

LovelyHikari said:

The snitch might've been the selector guy that recognized her.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 15, 2016 9:59 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
LovelyHikari said:

konatachan80 said:

I had to go and rewatch that scene. I think it was the selector guy. The girls didn't seem like they were being mean to her. They seemed like they were cheering her up and Chinatsu took it the wrong way.

Oct 15, 2016 11:46 AM

Jan 2015
UGGGGGH THIS ANIME IS SO GOOD.

Much better than the original

I can see that a character from the original is series is back, nice
XenocrisiOct 15, 2016 11:50 AM
Oct 15, 2016 11:51 AM

Oct 2016
Kenchiin said:
I wanted to know Chinatsu's Coin Bet effect, dammit

look at my spoil which i posted above.
Oct 15, 2016 12:26 PM

Jun 2011
Well that was really depressing, I was half expecting Chinatsu to just kill herself right than and there, it's amazing how dark they decided to make it in just two episodes.

1) Grades are falling, she's not in the Top 10 anymore
2) Her so called friends are a snitch
3) She lost it, and beat the crap out of them
4) Almost lost her chance of getting a scholarship
5) Because of the fight, she got fired from her job

That's like the biggest slap in the face life can give you, it's a full course meal of misery with a side of berserk. Chinatsu is going crazy, and it will take Suzu to save her. I hope they reunite with each other next episode.
Oct 15, 2016 3:08 PM

Feb 2007
azzuRe said:
mastelgate said:

I'm trying to connect the dot here, I think this series is probably the prequel to the other series. Because as you can see that they started with blank card that takes form after their memories, unlike other series that started with other people souls inside the card. I think they are the first wave of WIXOSS cards with souls, those defeated will be sealed inside, which is also explains why there is no actual 'prize' for winning.. but one thing that doesn't fit the picture is the existence of male players.

This is definitely after the first series; we have even seen the remains of the old battlefield at the bottom of the new ones.

LovelyHikari said:
LovelyHikari said:

konatachan80 said:

I had to go and rewatch that scene. I think it was the selector guy. The girls didn't seem like they were being mean to her. They seemed like they were cheering her up and Chinatsu took it the wrong way.

The selector guy only noticed her after the discussion with the teacher, though.

neonie said:
So, can anyone tell me who voices the, "Mama." Card?

According to ANN, Watabe Sayumi. Only one other role listed, from Taboo Tattoo.
luinthoronOct 15, 2016 3:13 PM
Oct 15, 2016 4:49 PM

May 2013
It's like Kyuubey and Junko made this card game this season. Despair and Suffering in just the first two episodes. It's even darker than last season. Losing and gaining back their memories seems like it has an adverse effect.
Piruluk as a Selector again. Poor Piruluk, her suffering has no end. It was bad enough she got partnered with that psycho Aki-lucky last time now she has to go through a new level of suffering.
I'm guessing she'll be just a cameo character that would appear relevant 3 times in the series.
Chinatsu embraces despair,shit. WiXOSS destroys her life in an instant :(
Oct 15, 2016 6:53 PM

Jun 2010
luinthoron said:

According to ANN, Watabe Sayumi. Only one other role listed, from Taboo Tattoo.

Thanks! I appreciate the info. Also kind of said she doesn't have many other roles. I hope she gets more motherly type and soft spoken character roles in the future. I really like her voice. ^w^.
Oct 15, 2016 10:32 PM

Dec 2013
So basically Chinatsu's LRIG has a super OP Coin-Bet ability that allows her to control her opponent which she was reluctant to use before.
Now that she's hit rock bottom, the gloves come off and she's snapped.

Oooh I can't wait to see where this journey goes. Her descent to darkness is only beginning.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 15, 2016 10:45 PM

Dec 2012
I really dig the choice of having each of the introductory episodes focus on one of the main girls. Gives a lot of room to properly get across their characters.

They're gonna make Piruluk's LRIG be either herself or Akira, aren't they?

Eira_99 said:
the fact that she's too short to see over the table and has to stand on her tip toes just to see over, it's cute.

Yup, that was super cute indeed!

LovelyHikari said:

They might have been worried about her. It might have been better to try to talk to her about it first, but given how evasively Chinatsu reacted when they met her at night, it probably wouldn't work.
Or they just hate her guts and want to make her life miserable, who knows?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

104 by Zevitjoss »»
Jul 1, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

94 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 11:28 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

40 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:53 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:24 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.