3It was OK
20.8%
2Disliked it
3.1%
1Hated it
4.2%
Average 4.0
96 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 10, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, Hime is back...with the others. It's like she never disappeared in the first place, still cheerful as ever. Hotaru is back too.

Got a very awkward feeling from this episode because of the big shift in mood. I think Suzaku still feels a bit mentally stressed though, at least he isn't being all cold anymore. Having Canaria back brings out his better side.

Weird soundtrack they used at the end. Why can't they just stick with the preview OST Oh well, just 2 more episodes to go...I have a feeling they will rush the rest of the story.
Stark700Sep 10, 2016 9:59 AM
Sep 10, 2016 10:09 AM

Jan 2015
So the "chosen" Kid is now finally gathered and learn the believe-to be-shocking truth. Even so when it comes to battle, the kids never hold back.
Which we won't see that much in this episode though. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 10, 2016 10:27 AM
Jun 2016
Those two in the back are definitely Hime and Hotaru.

Seriously A-1????
Sep 10, 2016 10:42 AM

Sep 2014
Feels useless to complain about the animation for me personally since I'm only watching this for story anyway. I didn't quite like this episode as much as the last.

Not a big fan of Johannes, but it's fine. It was nice to see some cute moments between Canaria and Suzaku.
Sep 10, 2016 10:54 AM

Nov 2012
God Bless the horrible character design! Looks like not a single character has two eyes of same size!!!
Sep 10, 2016 10:56 AM

Nov 2012

Yes, you're being attacked by god-forbidden character design
Sep 10, 2016 11:11 AM

Dec 2013
I fell in love with Johannes. MILF for life.
#team Johannes
Sep 10, 2016 11:12 AM

Jul 2016
Johannes (aka Chigusa Yu) is BACK!!!! I wonder where is Kusaoka? Maybe dead?
The animation is meh as ever in this episode, but my favourite narcissistic loanshark is back!!
For the people that want some backstory of Johannes I recommend "Qualidea of Scum and a Gold Coin" where the "Project Qualidea" began.
The link to the novel: https://qualideascumthetranslation.wordpress.com/about/
Just a otaku... yup, that's it...
Sep 10, 2016 11:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The cafeteria scene was for sure the worst animation and art i have seen since i watched anime lol

Johannes is suspicious, too xD

Aoi is gonna do some stupid shit to prolong the plot, isn't she?

The moments between Icchan and Canaria were cute.
Sep 10, 2016 11:23 AM
Sep 2016
Chigusa Yuu aka Johannes is back!!
Sep 10, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2010
To be honest, this anime is surprisingly entertaining to watch.
Sep 10, 2016 12:07 PM
May 2013
Sometimes I think that the studio or whoever is on top, is doing some sort of test or research regarding the viewers of this anime or viewers in general.

Maybe they are researching what viewers put higher priorities to, the animation art or the storyline. And all these bad art and plot lines were done on purpose to see our reactions.
And how long we, the viewers will keep on watching/tolerating despite the bad arts and our weekly complaints.

This is the only excuse I can make up for them regarding this anime and its many flaws and shortcomings.

And if this isn't the case, which it probably isn't, well, they messed up big time. There is no way for them to recover or come back from all the negative remarks it has managed to get.

The studio just dug its own grave..
Sep 10, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2011
TahZin said:

Once upon a time, there was a company named A1-Picture, it made a lot of interesting animes like Working!!, SAO etc. and they're quite memorable
AND THEY MADE QUALIDEA (what an idea....) CODE

I could have sworn that either their brought their sons to draw with them OR the art director was not qualified, it was seriously awful. I had a not-so-good-day and ended up bursting in laughs .... the best work that I can describe what I have seen: It was fassinating

This year's worst art goes to....
Not qualidea code at least, there are even worse than this
Sep 10, 2016 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was sure so enjoyable. Nice to know more about the Unknown.
Sep 10, 2016 12:44 PM
Dec 2014
Although I liked the plot twist, I'd actually like a follow up plot twist.
I would find it awesome if the unknown tricked them and the people from the beginning are really the good guys. :D
Sep 10, 2016 12:52 PM

Mar 2016
Is this show gooooooooooood?
Sep 10, 2016 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
Orcane said:
Although I liked the plot twist, I'd actually like a follow up plot twist.
I would find it awesome if the unknown tricked them and the people from the beginning are really the good guys. :D
exactly what i was thinking!
That could totally work, they can say that kids were brainwashed in the battlefield and that high command chick with power was actually the unknown's spy.
Sep 10, 2016 1:42 PM

Nov 2011
the art was hilariously bad in this episode

but overall, it was pretty nice. Ao-chan is gonna sabotage their efforts somehow. I wonder if Airi and Gutoku are real humans who are manipulated by the Unknown the same way as the kids.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Sep 10, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
I do not know about what comment first, about the very simple plot or animation, well, the animation was really doing my hurt eyes, I hope not to see stickmans until the end of adaptation, I really like the soundtrack, but only this not helps a lot, and about the plot, the protagonists simply moved aside at this point of anime and kept fighting, I wonder if there is something more in story.

And about Suzaku increasingly think the writers do their best to make him make an idiot of myself to in the end making him be the highlight of victory, if it is this, I would rather see him fighting against the former comrades until the end, with a tragic end than a happy ending dizzy ..
Sep 10, 2016 1:52 PM
Dec 2014
John_Max said:
exactly what i was thinking!
That could totally work, they can say that kids were brainwashed in the battlefield and that high command chick with power was actually the unknown's spy.

But then again they acted too suspicious to be considered good people. However the things Johannes spouts also give me bad vibes.

On Aoi: I think her world might become trouble... She can relay thoughts and information from one person to others after all.

On another note: The "Suzaku is a real hero" was cleared up. I have forgotten that Kasumi calls him a delusional hero.
RisingSun452Sep 10, 2016 2:08 PM
Sep 10, 2016 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
Quality code animation strikes again
Sep 10, 2016 2:25 PM

Apr 2013
The animation was...ehm...was....at best, bad. The cafeteria scene gave me cancer. The episode was a build up from how I see it and a rather boring one. The sibling's mom was...weird at best. I don't trust her. The woman with the Pink hair looks weirdly good and not that monster they try to make tge Unknowns look like. Oh well 2 eps left. Not many things till the end.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Sep 10, 2016 2:32 PM
Mar 2016

She's the siblings mom????????????
Sep 10, 2016 3:05 PM

May 2015
O god, the animation and art hit the bottom in this episode.

Other than that shit, the episode itself was enjoyable. The sibling's mom is one peculiar person, though. Lol.

Sep 10, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2013
The episode was enjoyable and I find the mother of the Chiba siblings an entertaining character, but the visuals were simply horrid. Why A1 Pictures? Why?

I wonder if they tried to made the Unknown commanders sympathetic or anything. We will discover that in the next episode anyway.

Btw, the ending scene where Ichiya and Kasumi made the peaces was very cool.
Sep 10, 2016 5:55 PM

Jun 2013
finally the matrix style mystery has been revealed!
Sep 10, 2016 7:03 PM

Apr 2009
TahZin said:

gotdammit,the animation in this anime is getting trashy and crappy even the Israelis would even hate this show and wht else put the song "Danger Zone" here
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Sep 10, 2016 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
Like, the episode was pretty enjoyable in a way, really love the stuff they're giving... but the animation, why am I still complaining? This is still whoreshit... xD Hopefully they can fix that in the Blu Rays because seriously, holy shit.
Sep 10, 2016 8:11 PM

Jun 2013
That is one fun okaa-san lol. And she's the commander of the human forces. Lol those who opposed her were either bribed or killed in "accidents". She sure is dangerous despite her looks. Lol her names are so funny. "Guaranteed to kill unknown canon" lol

So the world was attacked by aliens who destroyed stuff, killed people and took over a lot of land. The humans put the children in sleep mode but the kids got taken by the aliens who woke them up and gave them fake memories and fake vision with those codes. The humans fought back but it was pretty difficult since the aliens had a cloak, which was the barrier, over their places which made everything within either not visible from outside or look completely different. The unknowns the kids were blowing were unmanned drones and towards the end could have been helicopters. The two legged unknowns were those robots. And the ginormous unknown was possibly the main human ship. And as opposed to what the kids were doing with the aliens, here they don't have to fight. In the fake world the adults were useless and the kids had to do the dirty work. In the real world the kids can take it easy as the adults will be doing everything.

And Suzaku is upset because his whole life has been a lie. He was fighting humans with the unknowns without knowing it and wanted to be a hero by killing many humans. And of all the people in the world, it had to Kasumi who opened his eyes. But he gets over it because there are some people out there who are lower than him.

What are those unknowns the humans are seeing and fighting? As in, what did the kids see them as in their fake world? I don't recall the kids having any kind of backup in any form other than more kids. Or is this the unknowns fighting outside the barrier?

Also, are the visuals getting terrible with each episode or is this maintaining the same level of crappie? The more or less good story and everything is being completely ruined because this show can't stop looking like crap.
Sep 10, 2016 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
3/5 average

Despite the poor animation,this episode fails to link the previous episodes obviously,though we got the whole setting explained,the problem of characters suddenly pops up is still there.This time is Hima and Hotaru suddenly shows up from nowhere,the plot is kinda rush and doesn't seem to show a connection to the previous episode...
I bet this show will be end up badly but at least it isn't as bad as the beginning.

Life is empty without anime

Sep 10, 2016 10:09 PM

Apr 2011
Lmao. The art is horribly hilarious.
Sep 10, 2016 10:15 PM

May 2014
._.

This anime is so amazing.

Amazingly disappointing that is.

When I started watching the series, it didn't make much sense to me.
(Other than the fact that we all fear the unknown)

Then when they introduced the concept of a fake reality, I felt that I should give it a chance and started to have higher hopes for a deeper and more meaningful backstory.

And then... Bam! The unknowns become the knowns and the knowns become the unknowns. And then the characters are like 'I don't know what I should know anymore.'

This anime has 2 more episodes to redeem itself.
Sep 11, 2016 4:13 AM

Dec 2013
Yeah, the art was pretty damn bad. But hey they finally explained the entire premise of the series. Now we'll get some sort of semi-resolution for the end of this series at least before the "now go read the LN so we can make more money" ending.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 11, 2016 6:06 AM

Nov 2013
while i noticed some bad art, i still have way less problems with this than with things like the psychic saitama anime that everyone loves LOL
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Sep 11, 2016 6:48 AM

Apr 2014
winddevil1 said:
while i noticed some bad art, i still have way less problems with this than with things like the psychic saitama anime that everyone loves LOL

Very true.

The way I see it, the people just need a reason to hate on something to satisfy their ego. At first, they branded this weak because of the predictable, cliche story. Now, since the story turned out to be worth-while, they need to maintain the status of weak anime by clinging to the art.

Meanwhile, Mob Psycho Whatever has characters that are basically a potato with 2 eyes...
Sep 11, 2016 7:56 AM
May 2016
I can't be the only one who have started to ship Icchan and Kasumi
Sep 11, 2016 8:23 AM

Jan 2014
I thought the truth was other, but I guess this works too.

From what I'm understanding it seems the main adults (i.e. colonel and assistant) while they are Unknown, they have grown fond of the kids they took care with and are on a more shadow of grey rather than being downright evil.

The mom is kinda funny but sometimes I think she pushes it in trying to sell her silly character. Her naming sense is hilarious though.

Now it is a matter for things to progress by themselves I guess. Seeing Canaria back is the best though :P
Sep 11, 2016 8:57 AM
Mar 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
#team Johannes

Johannes is so awesome. If you have some time, read the "Kuzu to Kinka no Qualidea" novel.
Sep 11, 2016 10:44 AM
Apr 2015
How did those kids have the WORLD abilities when the adult didnt have it?
Someone please enlighten me.
Sep 11, 2016 10:50 AM
Aug 2014
TahZin said:
God Bless the horrible character design! Looks like not a single character has two eyes of same size!!!

You have the terms wrong. The animation is bad, the character design is good. Character design is made by a different artist than the ones making the animation, prior to it.
Sep 11, 2016 1:09 PM

Apr 2016
The animation was much terrible in this episode.
What happened to A-1?
It looks so derpy every second.
I kinda don't like the MOM though. She's a commander yet she really looks stupid and kinda suspicious at the same time.
Still, I am interested of how the story will progress and more revelation about the UNKNOWNS.
Sep 11, 2016 2:05 PM

Sep 2013
So they did explain the new reality fully to everyone rescued by the humans. Chigusa mom is pretty interesting coming this late to the party, and Icchan feels like a MC now.

Also looks like Aoi is going to side with that Gutoku and Asanami coz of maybe 'family'??
Sep 11, 2016 4:51 PM

Dec 2013
SirWithCoffee said:
Kamiyan3991 said:
#team Johannes

Johannes is so awesome. If you have some time, read the "Kuzu to Kinka no Qualidea" novel.

I will. Thanks for recommendation.
Sep 11, 2016 10:59 PM

Nov 2012
dm106 said:
TahZin said:

You have the terms wrong. The animation is bad, the character design is good. Character design is made by a different artist than the ones making the animation, prior to it.

probably they are wrong, but hey, at least people understood what I meant!
Sep 11, 2016 11:57 PM

Apr 2009
TahZin said:
dm106 said:

probably they are wrong, but hey, at least people understood what I meant!
omg in the anime they look dull but in this pic it's also dull like a dried grass
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Sep 12, 2016 2:46 AM

Apr 2014
I think I watched a movie about this, now that the show has made it this far. Still the action keeps up and a new battle begins.
Sep 12, 2016 7:12 AM
Mar 2012
Wow legendary quality, totally competes with denpa kyoushi (both A1).
Exposition reveal's rushed but interesting. Dictator mom both fun & annoying.
From the alien pair, sounds like they don't plan for retreat but know their losing. Aoi's in conflict. Chiba dialogue & ost were the best parts, & Canaria/Suzaku were fine. ED has the best art as usual.
Sep 12, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2010
All it took was "Johannes" to convince me that Kasumi is Haruma and Yu's son. The references to the Kuzu to Kinka novel made me jump.
Sep 12, 2016 2:26 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After the shock revelation of last episode
i was looking forward to this episode and man one hell of a plot twist
and revelation.

So they were fighting entirely within a fake world
while the real world was still here then eh

Man its so good to see not just Cana but also Hime and Hotaru again

Wow Katsumi and Asuha's mother looks so young considering their ages lol

What a name for their army though

So the true unknowns were the ones that they were working for
man that must have been shocking.

Man i feel for Aoi because her mother that she loved so much was an unknown after all this time. But to me it looks like Airi and the other commander did care about the children.

Still im liking Johannes san though and her names for her armies weapons are
so hillarious as well

What a twist though
But im liking the direction that this is going now

Cana and Icchan are so cute together though

Overall this was a great episode with some heavy plot and good combat scenes
and solid voice acting.

Can't wait to see what happens next week

And finally we can see Icchan and Katsumi work together for once
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2016 4:56 AM

Aug 2013
I have nothing to say about the art and animation by this point lol.
That sudden kaa-san appearance was pretty out of place though.. like whut. xD
The bromance at the end was hilarious.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Qualidea Code's name meaning

Havamug - May 25

2 by AmirTheGrey »»
May 28, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.