3It was OK
3.4%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
0.7%
Average 4.7
147 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2008 1:22 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

EPIC EPISODE IS EPIC

KrylonBlueMar 1, 2008 1:51 AM
Mar 1, 2008 6:10 AM

Jul 2007
1. True. Her higher up tells all he knows about it to Saji.
2. Wrong. Its a dream/hallucination. It seems Setsuna has a bit of problems with his sub-consciousness making him doubt his own actions. his "peaceful" side of mind was just taking up her image in that dream/illusion.

And the Ed screenshot was a fake - that person is still in that scene.

As for episode: true... EPIC. GOtta give props for thrones for
So Ali
And yea... poor

And of course - i am worried about
Mar 1, 2008 9:00 AM

Mar 2007

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Mar 1, 2008 7:33 PM
Jan 2008
I still hope our Gundam Meister comes out of this all right, but after watching the ending credits, it's looking relatively unlikely.
Reiki_KitoMar 1, 2008 8:00 PM
Mar 2, 2008 1:16 AM

Jan 2008
That was pretty ridiculous - -; button mashing ftw.

and Lockon is still in the ED.
Mar 2, 2008 4:55 AM
Sep 2007
Damn sweeeeeet eps.
-saji.. feel with ya
-tieria.. emo android?
-alejandro.. greed incarnated lol
-GN ARMS ftw
-lockon dooown.. hopefully back up soon :X

daaaaamn cant Wait for next weeks eps! or well.. the next 4 weeks :/
Mar 2, 2008 11:10 AM

Apr 2007
This ep was epic,

Definitly looking forward to next week.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Mar 2, 2008 12:17 PM

Aug 2007
I don't see the point of putting spoiler tags lol. Only people who saw the episode will post here. :O

Lockon isn't dead. At least not yet. They just said he took heavy damage. He might still be alive we still don't know for sure. Tiera was pretty useless. I guess he isn't human and he is just too depended on Veda.
Mar 2, 2008 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
Darkreaper70 said:
I don't see the point of putting spoiler tags lol. Only people who saw the episode will post here. :O

Lockon isn't dead. At least not yet. They just said he took heavy damage. He might still be alive we still don't know for sure. Tiera was pretty useless. I guess he isn't human and he is just too depended on Veda.

Well, there weren't any videos of Lockon in the trailer for ep 22, but I think they purposly did that so that people think that he's dead... at least, I hope he doesn't die...

Can't wait for next week...!!
Mar 2, 2008 12:39 PM

Dec 2007
I doubt that Lockon's dead because Sunrise writers only kill characters that are not popular and given all those badly written turns in previous episodes there will be happy ending for the meister crew for sure.
Mar 2, 2008 1:25 PM

Nov 2007
I feel extremely bad for Saji, losing his sister and his girlfriend lost her arm. I have overflowing sympathy for him ): .

I hope they don't kill Lockon Off, hes probably my favorite meister along with Setsuna.

Cant wait for the next episode
\
Mar 2, 2008 1:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
BETRAYED, they were completely betrayed....

Because of the selfishness of one man, the world is now in danger.... Do I sense a crisis coming up?

We know now that VEDA has the power to control all the GN Drives, including both the false and real ones.... So there may be a REASON why Graham doesn't use GN Drive. If that will come to use in the next few episodes, it means that the alliance of the three nations will be BETRAYED another time by Alejandro...

What will Saji do now? What is this? One sad event for him per episode????? What's next? Louise will die of cancer??? His fate is way too twisted for a normal human to handle.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 2, 2008 1:48 PM

Oct 2007
:( poor Saji, having to dealing with the incident with his girlfriend and now his sister.

But what a AWESOME episode XD and great fight!

>.< only 4 more episodes to go in this seaon!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2008 2:17 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
wakka9ca said:
BETRAYED, they were completely betrayed....

Because of the selfishness of one man, the world is now in danger.... Do I sense a crisis coming up?

I'm wondering when the green guy is going to kill Alejandro... not if, when.

Great episode. I wonder if Saji's going to continue where his sister left off... but I can't see it. I don't think he's aggressive enough. I'm really interested to see how all of these events are going to change him.

I'm sure Lockon will be okay :) This new development seems like another turning point for Teiria. And yay for Sumeragi for anticipating it!!
Mar 2, 2008 2:25 PM

Dec 2007
Kineta said:
I wonder if Saji's going to continue where his sister left off... but I can't see it. I don't think he's aggressive enough.

Actually this wouldn't be a bad idea because that would give him a purpose in the series.
Mar 2, 2008 3:29 PM

Feb 2008
No way lockon is dead.. I think his gundam could be beyond repair.. but knowing Gundam there's a super secret version of his hiding in wait ready to use... with a different rifle
Mar 2, 2008 4:24 PM
Sep 2006
another awesome episode!! the music gets me everytime..
Mar 2, 2008 4:29 PM

Jun 2007
harakiri said:
Kineta said:
I wonder if Saji's going to continue where his sister left off... but I can't see it. I don't think he's aggressive enough.

Actually this wouldn't be a bad idea because that would give him a purpose in the series.

umm then that would totally mess up the whole beginning of the story where his dream is to go into space and also wait for his g/f..etc. I don't doubt that he will try and figure out what really happened to his sister in turn finding out that CB was not the real killers, but I do doubt that he would join the news place and pick the story back up. It would seem pointless in my opinion.

Why would Veda be so easy to tamper with? Why is Veda located on the moon, didnt they think that someone might find it? After seeing this ep I feel like its all planned out and this is all "part of the plan".

I agree with the above people that think the GN Drives play an important role in all this. As soon as they mentioned "mass production" it all seemed to click together. I'm not sure how the story will pan out but assuming they all "adopt" this stolen technology from CB. Veda could, theoretically shut everything down thus stopping war. But then again the fake GN Drives don't seem to be linked to Veda so I could be wrong about the forced shut down part.

Definitely a great episode.
Mar 2, 2008 7:54 PM
Feb 2008
hmm...i tihnk i missed out on something when it came to the mass reproduction part...because...

well if you remember one of the intervention of Trinity where they took out the professor...he was about to discover something about an expedition going to jupiter or saturn if i remember correctly and some weird msg poped up on his monitor..soo...if the speculation is right..and i really think it is..or else why would they have showed that message...and that those new GN drives are indeed made similarly than the ones on the gundams, well..they wouldnt be able to mass reproduce them in time anyways...
Mar 2, 2008 8:47 PM

Sep 2007
Jaemi said:
That was pretty ridiculous - -; button mashing ftw.

Lol Setsuna n00bing out. I was soooo angry when Lockon got stabzored, though (especially for a character like Tieria). Lockon's prolly not dead (he's not seen w/ the other pilots because he obviously can't participate in missions if he's injured), but then again, some of us said Kiune might live, and we all saw how THAT turned out...
I'd think that the fake GN drives can prolly be shut down by Veda, too, or have some exploitable weakness for Corner to be so confident.
And Setsuna's still crazy.
Mar 2, 2008 9:26 PM

Oct 2007
Setsuna is one crazy guy. Seriously. He's so obsessed with Gundam XD

Winner said:

Interesting note the Ending credits did not show Lock-On standing with the other Meisters on the Final frame of them standing on the beach......

Uh, yeah, they did. He was standing there with them as usual ^_^;;
You totally scared me for a second!
Mar 2, 2008 11:13 PM

Jan 2008
Nuu~ Setsuna isn't crazy! (much)

Maybe they'll have Saji replace Lockon. lmao >.x
Mar 2, 2008 11:38 PM

Feb 2008
That was freaking EPIC. Looks like the season's definitely going to end with a lot of loose ends at this rate... And I give it a less than 5% chance that Lockon is dead. He's too integral to the organization to be wiped out yet.
Mar 2, 2008 11:44 PM

Nov 2007
omg Lolicon stratos!!!! noooo XDD
cafekunMar 2, 2008 11:47 PM
Mar 3, 2008 1:51 AM

Feb 2008
I agree, this episode was just epic.

And that's all. I can't say much more, I'm an emotional wreck. My favourite Gundam Meister, Lockon! He MUST be allright.
Mar 3, 2008 1:39 PM

Nov 2007
Lockon cant be dead, and Tieria is all sad cuz some computer program messed up on him?(Not really)

Setsuna is CRAZY like everyone is sayin, Saji...man oh man....

Very good episode though.
Mar 3, 2008 3:30 PM

Nov 2007
Epic.....What's up with the gundam from setsuna's flash back? It looks like Exia. Sadly we probably wont find out till season 2 = (. I wonder what sad thing will happen to saji "Next time on Saji's sorrow......"
Mar 3, 2008 4:04 PM

Feb 2008
i doubt Lockon is dead, he wasnt hit vitaly.. well it didnt look like it.. his mask got cracked and shit... im guessin he's like blind or something... (worst case scenario)
... tahts my opinion at least... or he has a big ass scar on his face like that guy with the buster in Seed
cobZ.ONE.
Mar 3, 2008 5:14 PM
Jan 2008
Another AWESOME-O episode.

Great battle scene, something is always up the Celestial Being's sleeve XD

Definitely cannot wait for the next 4 episodes ^_^

What will you do now Saji?! o_O
Mar 3, 2008 6:09 PM

Oct 2007
Man, life really sucks for Saji, sucks a lot for Lockon also.

Mar 3, 2008 6:42 PM
Jan 2008
Oh yeah, what do you think about Setsuna now..is he really gonna stop piloting gundam because of the vision/dream >.>

and whoever voted dislike the episode should DIE! >:( (kiddin jeez >.>)
AlphapandaMar 3, 2008 8:11 PM
Mar 3, 2008 9:02 PM

Mar 2008
I thought of a few ideas...

so Tieria isn't human, ok fine. Now his gundam seems to be more dependant on Veda than the other three. It might have something to do with the Trial system of Nadleeh that forces other units connected to Veda to malfunction. (basically getting cut off of the Veda internet XD ) I think Tieria might get Lockon's Gundam. Only because Virtue is out of commision though, not because Lockon is dead.

I hope Lockon is just going to have Issac's scar like in Gundam SEED or be blind. If he goes blind then he loses his ability as a sniper, thus his use in Celestia Being would be removed. Or he could go melee crazy like Exia, or support in a GN arms. I hope hes not dead, but it could happen.
Mar 4, 2008 12:02 AM
Dec 2007
Honestly, it was the worst episode in a while. A lot of things happen, yes, but they were so easy (scenaristically speaking) that it isn't even worth mentioning. I really don't catch the role of Saji in the series now...
Oh and of course Lockon isn't dead, do you really think that a main Gundam character will die before the last episode ? (except for Gundam First I never saw that happen)
And the sudden change in Tieria and Setsuna's personnality was not really necessary and do not improve the story at all. SEED was not my favorite Gundam, but at least the characters were good, in 00 they are average at most.
Oh and I felt a big drop in the quality of the animation in this ep too, it was way weaker than the previous one.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 4, 2008 12:18 AM

Feb 2008
Really good episode!
The music playing when the Gundams shut down, was really well choosen. I think Saji will resume his sister research on Aeolia.
Also, I'm pretty sure Lockon isn't dead (or at least I hope =P).
Can't wait for the next episode, just 4 more episodes until the 6 month break =(
Mar 4, 2008 12:46 AM

Nov 2007
Jacut said:
Honestly, it was the worst episode in a while. A lot of things happen, yes, but they were so easy (scenaristically speaking) that it isn't even worth mentioning.

I really don't know what you mean by "easy," but not worth mentioning? Well lets see. The Ptolemaios has pretty much become independent of Veda. The new GN-X models can stand up to Gundams pretty easily, meaning that CB is now on the defensive. Lockon is taken out of commision. Seems worth mentioning to me.

I really don't catch the role of Saji in the series now...

It's called patience. His sister just died, he's not going to just jump into the middle of the conflict right away. He'll probably have a much bigger role come season 2.

Oh and of course Lockon isn't dead, do you really think that a main Gundam character will die before the last episode ?

spoilers that predicted:
- Saji finds out from his sister's boss that she was investigating Aeolia
- Sumaragi switching the Gundams off of the Veda system
- Dynamis saves Virtue, in the process Dynamis is heavily damaged.
have said that Lockon is now blind. So no he isn't dead.

(except for Gundam First I never saw that happen)

Which Gundam main character died before the end of Gundam First again?

And the sudden change in Tieria and Setsuna's personnality was not really necessary and do not improve the story at all.

It's called character growth, and it really isn't logic breaking like some of SEEDs character development (mainly Kira). Setsuna has been changing since we first met him, we've seen him become a better pilot, more determined, willing to work with his teamates (even forge bonds), all the while holding a notion of becoming a "Gundam" - aka the embodiment of Celestial Beings (apparent) goal of eliminating war. Tieria on the other hand was simply cold, emotionless, and willing to sacrifice everything for his missions and Veda. But once he lost Veda, his character growth kicked in. Frankly he's still a bit of a mystery.

SEED was not my favorite Gundam, but at least the characters were good, in 00 they are average at most.

Opinions. Personally I like the 00 cast much more.

Oh and I felt a big drop in the quality of the animation in this ep too, it was way weaker than the previous one.

I noticed this too, but it might just be the raws that Shinsen used (the sub group I watched). I'll wait till menclave release theres so I can see if it was truly a drop in animation quality. And I really wouldn't call it "big."
RolexMar 4, 2008 10:47 AM
Mar 4, 2008 3:25 AM

Oct 2007
Everything has already been said, so all i say is EPIC :P
lovely episode!!
Mar 5, 2008 1:44 AM

Nov 2007
I was on the edge of my seat all along. Except at the beginning. I know Saji's life sucks, but stop rubbing it on my face.

And I guess that was it for Trinity...

kurotsuki said:

Freud rejoices!
Mar 5, 2008 2:55 PM

Jan 2008
i loved the Ep myself, when the end came i was pisset offf yeah, lockon was injured and i had to find out next week,
Mar 5, 2008 8:48 PM

Mar 2008
Lockon >: no my dearest lockon >:

episode was smashing. lots of explodooooossss xD
Mar 6, 2008 8:43 AM

Aug 2007
What an episode. This episode really had me on edge. Everything has probably already been beaten to death, so I won't go there. I just hope they can keep up this pace till the end of the season.
Mar 6, 2008 9:35 PM

Nov 2006
PATRICK. MY MAN. HOW COULD YOU?
geez.
Mar 10, 2008 1:18 PM
Jun 2007
windy said:
PATRICK. MY MAN. HOW COULD YOU?
geez.

He had to do something right? other than being the punchline of the show.

Mar 15, 2008 4:37 PM

Jan 2007
omfg, that was really intense. Seriously, Sumeragi is not letting anything slip by. Very nice idea to make a seperate OS. and Lockon D:
Mar 15, 2008 5:28 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Great episode, can't wait for more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 16, 2008 3:38 PM

Jul 2007
Freakin' epic, I was sitting on the edge of my seat thru the last half this episode.
and srsly..anyone but Lockon!
can't wait for 22!
Jun 9, 2008 1:29 PM

May 2008
wow setsuna has a thing for marina but she's waay outta his league.
Jul 30, 2008 2:04 PM

May 2007
sabermetrics said:
Darkreaper70 said:

Well, there weren't any videos of Lockon in the trailer for ep 22, but I think they purposly did that so that people think that he's dead... at least, I hope he doesn't die...

Can't wait for next week...!!
I was thinking the same about Lockon... everyone also pretty much knew that Teiria wasn't human after all. I am just wondering what will go on with Saji.
Aug 1, 2008 2:42 PM

Apr 2008
I loved that Setsuna is dreaming about Marina. Finally, he's just using her first name and not her whole name, at least in his dream anyway. ^_~ Poor Lockon! What a great thing he did! I hope he's okay. And Saji, it just keeps getting sadder for him.
Sep 13, 2008 2:03 PM

Jun 2007
Noooooooooooooooo! Not Lockon! Take any of the other ones, just spare Lockon!

Also: Setsuna dreaming about Marina...nudge nudge, wink wink!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Sep 13, 2008 5:07 PM

Aug 2007
duotrouble said:
And Saji, it just keeps getting sadder for him.

I don't quite know why but I don't feel any sympathy towards Saji... Maybe it's because I don't enjoy watching him as much as I like watching other characters, so his 'emotional moments' don't really get through to me lol -_-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

47 by Kaydansnk »»
Oct 21, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 13, 2007

60 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 6, 2007

90 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:10 PM

» Do I need to watch anything before this?

frosty_thoughts - Sep 10

7 by TVWithLancelot »»
Sep 16, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Likewise - Dec 9, 2007

69 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 2, 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.