3It was OK
1.4%
2Disliked it
0.7%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.8
138 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 20, 2016 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, Ayato and Banjou appearance this chapter. I wasn't entirely expecting that.

Fight felt pretty fast coming from Arima.
Feb 20, 2016 4:28 PM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, Ayato and Banjo appearance this chapter. I wasn't entirely expecting that.

I love this. Paging Agent Phrank.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2016 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
>there are people that STILL don't believe Arima is a ghoul
What a world we live in
Feb 20, 2016 4:46 PM

Dec 2014
-What kind of a facility is that?
Well no matter, appropriate enough of a place to die.
Great display of power by Shachi. Arima's squad sure is geared up.
Arima just keeps appearing out of nowhere. So, he's either blind on one eye or it's a glass eye.

-Shachi vistited Yomo and Nishiki to ask about Rize...based father.
Rize is supposedly completely broken.
Poor Shachi, even with that handicap of Arima's you still couldn't hurt him.

-Saiko dishing out pep-talk. Shao still being stoic, Higemaru is still somewhat annoying, Aura is, well, quiet. Based Urie ripping himself.
Kaneki comes by.

-BANJOU CAN READ!?!? OH GOD THE JOY!
Jokes aside, I'm glad he's back. The crew is there too. His former superior shows up all smug.
Kind of liking Ayato since the beginning of :re, he isn't just a cheeky kid anymore.

>Who on Earth would give such a dangerous person to speak publicly.
>top zozzle
Based Ogura is here again, Phrank will certainly be happy.
Urie dishing out bantz. Kaneki and Arima guarding Cochlea....that's a recipe for disaster. But hey, Hirako will probably show up.
Banjou and Ayato converse. Poor Hinami, I hope that they'll arrive in time.
Ayato being a bro.

-There's something wrong with Mutsuki, besides the obvious lack of limbs.
Kaneki is counting on Urie, Urie is glad that he isn't fully apathetic now.
I believe that that's a sincere smile but it's really ominous.

-Smug based madman Furuta got BTFO'd by Eto.
Noice.

Great chapter, the next one will be really interesting.
As usual, can't wait for more.
Feb 20, 2016 4:48 PM

Nov 2014
Ophis said:
What a world we live in

It would be so fucking cheesy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2016 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Kvothe51 said:
Ophis said:
What a world we live in

All things considered with how this arc is playing out, that's perfect.
Feb 20, 2016 4:57 PM

Jul 2013
Even Shachi can't help but praise Arima for the last hit. I wonder what's wrong with Arima's eyes now that Shachi keeps mentioning it.

Ophis said:
Kvothe51 said:

All things considered with how this arc is playing out, that's perfect.

How many times did Ishida went with the expected outcome? It's really likely won't be just black and white, not in TG world.
EasyGo-erFeb 20, 2016 5:00 PM

Feb 20, 2016 4:59 PM

Nov 2015
Nuvviveji said:

Kvothe51 said:

I love this. Paging Agent Phrank.

I was just going to post this. This is just too much for me to handle. This arc/plot is breaking down so nicely.

OGURA HYPE

Amazing chapter. Furuta and Eto's small talk was so quirky and funny.

"Next Issue: The story about how the world came about."
More flashbacks? Hopefully about V and Washuu.
Wow Ishida. 10/10
Feb 20, 2016 5:02 PM

Jan 2014
So, Furuta is a clown??? A member of Pierrot
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Feb 20, 2016 5:10 PM

Oct 2013
Nice chapter, we learned a bit of things, looking forward to the next !
Feb 20, 2016 5:12 PM

Oct 2013
It's so good to see how the story keeps going better and better when Ishida doesn't focus on the Quinx!

Basically, Furuta=Souta is confirmed. I wanted to Yoshitoki to be Souta, but...

KANEKIISCONCERNEDWITHMUTSUKIOMGOSHIMSOHAPPY!

Urie, as always, stealing the scene. My second favorite character of :re so far. I hope he becomes OEG and join Kaneki in Aogiri.

It's so good to see old faces again: Banjo, Ayato, Rize, (best girl), Yomo, Nishiki...

YES! YES! WE'RE BREAKING IN COCHLEA AND SAVING HINAMI!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe Sugar Daddy #2 got rekt! It's so bad that Ishida once again killed a very interesting character!

hehehehe

ALREADY SHIPPING TOORUxTORSO - TOORSU

I can see shirotsuki in the corner
ADIABATICOFeb 20, 2016 5:15 PM
Feb 20, 2016 5:16 PM

Oct 2013
peeyaj said:

Never heard of Furuta=Souta theory that almost everybody accepted as the truth about the world and all things?
Feb 20, 2016 5:21 PM

Aug 2011
So Kaneki will be part of defence at Cochlea...
Well what a surprise. Nope :D
Feb 20, 2016 5:25 PM

Apr 2013
Thought Shachi would at least be able to scratch Arima like Kaneki did... But Arima stays pretty much untouchable.
Nice to see Banjou again and Ayato teming up with him.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 20, 2016 5:26 PM

Jan 2014
Wielder said:
peeyaj said:

Never heard of Furuta=Souta theory that almost everybody accepted as the truth about the world and all things?

Truth is, I never read the original Tokyo Ghoul in its entirety. I only become a fan of TG:re and followed all the chapters. So, Furuta becoming a clown is a surprise.
F0XFIRE said:

Feb 20, 2016 5:33 PM

Feb 2016
Like how the story is progressing. Funny how Urie doesn't insult people as much anymore but I guess that's character development for you.

Also, doesn't Urie benchpressing remind you of Amon when he was training?
Feb 20, 2016 5:34 PM

Dec 2014
peeyaj said:
Wielder said:

Truth is, I never read the original Tokyo Ghoul in its entirety. I only become a fan of TG:re and followed all the chapters. So, Furuta becoming a clown is a surprise.
Oh boy.....the only thing I'll tell you is that you should read the prequel and then re-read TG:re.
Feb 20, 2016 5:34 PM

Sep 2014
Couldn't see anything going wrong with arima and kaneki guarding cochlea...
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Feb 20, 2016 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
peeyaj said:
Wielder said:

B R U H
R
U
H

just wut now
Feb 20, 2016 5:40 PM

Dec 2014
Ophis said:
peeyaj said:

B R U H
R
U
H

just wut now
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP!

I though it was normal when a movie/book/game has two or more parts of it you start with the first one.

Times change....
Feb 20, 2016 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Nuvviveji said:
Ophis said:

B R U H
R
U
H

just wut now
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP!

I though it was normal when a movie/book/game has two or more parts of it you start with the first one.

Times change....

I can't even fucking imagine reading re without reading the first. I barely understood what happened in the first without re-reading it, let alone starting with re.
Feb 20, 2016 5:58 PM

Apr 2014
peeyaj said:
Wielder said:

That's like watching Naruto shippuden without even watching the prequel which is extremely stupid. Why do people even do this?
Feb 20, 2016 6:12 PM

Mar 2012
Thought this was interesting with all the arima being a ghoul stuff going around
Feb 20, 2016 6:22 PM
Jan 2015
whoa, that was fast :o
'puppet of the washus'... I... wonder what is the real truth about the Washuu family and the CCG...I'm pretty sure Kaneki's best friend, Hide, knows that because he seemed to know everything about anything from the very beginning...
Arima's eye looks weird he looks like this O.o, I wonder what's up with his eye
Higemaru is funny, I like him :')
The best looking male character, Ayato, has appeared and wants to save Hinami, that's cute but please don't die yet...
wtf Ogura... He looks like he is out of his mind, totally insane but perhaps he wants people to think that on purpose? I really can't even imagine what he's up to but he's most likely important since he was introduced in the very first chapter of tokyo ghoul
Torso looks creepy as always... I wonder what he's been doing to Mutsuki these days aside from cutting her/his limbs.
Urie doesn't seem to hate Sasaki yet, I think? :s
WAWAWAAA IT'S ETO AND FURUTA, and they seem to know each other, and their smiling faces, how cute. xD
So, the next chapter is about how the (tokyo ghoul) world came about? I'm excited!
Feb 20, 2016 6:23 PM
Sep 2013
Well Rip Shachi... kind of wanted a Kaneki vs Shachi rematch in the future but owell.
Glad to see Banjou again and his group I knew once that masked number person showed up Banjou was the leader.
Glad to Hear that Eto actions have pulled a cause for Ghoul Rights ( I was hoping to hear this in RE!!)
Ayato plan to break into Cochela is so in vein with Arima Squad and Kaneki staying back.CCG plan to attack Rue Island is looking grim.
Mutsuki I have a bad feeling...(may go insane)
That smile of Kaneki I don't know know If that was genuine or not?
Based Eto with the GTFO to Furuta xD
Feb 20, 2016 6:48 PM

Jun 2014
ayato and banjou attacking cochlea and kaneki will be defending it, i'm kinda scare of what will happen, could be fun if Kaneki turns against ccg.
Noice, he cares about mutsuki i was tired of the edgy emo nerd apathetic Kaneki
Feb 20, 2016 6:55 PM

Mar 2015
Banjou's back! RIP swirly goatee
Feb 20, 2016 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
Furuta is Souta confirmed. Though it was pretty obvious but hey, its not theory anymore.

Feb 20, 2016 7:00 PM

Aug 2010
Well that sure went by quickly. Even friggin Scachi couldn't make Arima break a sweat O_o
Well Eto couldn't either I guess so it makes sense...

Wth was that about his eyes tho? Does he have that weak of eye vision enough to make Schachi comment on it before death?

And we finally see a glimpse of Rize closer to the current timeline. So she's broken? :/

Banjou! He looks so cool right now ^^; Him and Ayato teaming up definetely won't be enough. I wonder who else is coming? Most likely re too. And Ken's gonna be there protecting Cochlea. There is hope for my cute Hinami >.<

Loved the scene with Saiko talking about stamina lol how she's improved :P and Ken's smile to Urie while asking to save Mutsuki. That was genuine r-r-right?

Lastly I agree with Furuta short hair Eto is sexy. And she totally summarised his position. Wearing CCG outfit and being called Kanou's clown so he's a 4 way agent. She doesn't seem to be he's part of V tho. And I really wonder which one is his real allegiance

Friggin Ogura tho lol
Feb 20, 2016 7:12 PM

Oct 2012
BluePantsu said:
ayato and banjou attacking cochlea and kaneki will be defending it, i'm kinda scare of what will happen, could be fun if Kaneki turns against ccg.
Kaneki

His smile, what he said, and Urie reaction, all lead me to believe that Kaneki is leaving CCG, (doesnt mean that he is saving Hinami, Hopefully) also the Kaneki/Ayato side-by-side.

Ishida really does likes bringing up past characters, giving them a backstory/characterization then killing them off doesn't he?
RIP Shachi

Nice seeing Banjou again. I want to see how his kagune has been developing.
Feb 20, 2016 7:42 PM
Sep 2014
#GhoulRights

~~~~~~~~~
Feb 20, 2016 7:59 PM
Mar 2014
I guess Ayato didn't learn from his first biology lesson
Kaneki will have to get his new lesson plan ready
Feb 20, 2016 8:03 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nice to see Ayato and Banjou back! Also that fight was too short ;_;

5/5
Feb 20, 2016 8:10 PM

Mar 2015
And so now we can officially forget the theory that Banjou is the scarecrow ghoul?

Damn it, things are so complicated right now and there are still so many factors left in the open like for example Amon's situation
Feb 20, 2016 8:13 PM

May 2012
So, uh, Shachi's dead, right? That's really disappointing. I really liked him and expected him to put up more of a fight against Arima. Arima's just too op.

Hinami better get saved, or so help me...

Feb 20, 2016 8:41 PM

Jan 2015
Probably one of my favorite chapters of TG in a while, damn shame that Shachi got done in like that. And it was nice to see some of Kaneki's humane side. Also are we going to have a repeat of 103 bones?
Nuvviveji said:
-What kind of a facility is that?
Well no matter, appropriate enough of a place to die.
Great display of power by Shachi. Arima's squad sure is geared up.
Arima just keeps appearing out of nowhere. So, he's either blind on one eye or it's a glass eye.

-Shachi vistited Yomo and Nishiki to ask about Rize...based father.
Rize is supposedly completely broken.
Poor Shachi, even with that handicap of Arima's you still couldn't hurt him.

-Saiko dishing out pep-talk. Shao still being stoic, Higemaru is still somewhat annoying, Aura is, well, quiet. Based Urie ripping himself.
Kaneki comes by.

-BANJOU CAN READ!?!? OH GOD THE JOY!
Jokes aside, I'm glad he's back. The crew is there too. His former superior shows up all smug.
Kind of liking Ayato since the beginning of :re, he isn't just a cheeky kid anymore.

>Who on Earth would give such a dangerous person to speak publicly.
>top zozzle
Urie dishing out bantz. Kaneki and Arima guarding Cochlea....that's a recipe for disaster. But hey, Hirako will probably show up.
Banjou and Ayato converse. Poor Hinami, I hope that they'll arrive in time.
Ayato being a bro.

-There's something wrong with Mutsuki, besides the obvious lack of limbs.
Kaneki is counting on Urie, Urie is glad that he isn't fully apathetic now.
I believe that that's a sincere smile but it's really ominous.

-Smug based madman Furuta got BTFO'd by Eto.
Noice.

Great chapter, the next one will be really interesting.
As usual, can't wait for more.

best laugh I've had all day.
bobzannyFeb 20, 2016 9:02 PM
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 20, 2016 8:46 PM

Nov 2014
Awesome chapter.

Nice jab by ishida at idiots who complain about japans whaling.

Seems its heading very quickly towards what may be the final climax of the series.
Feb 20, 2016 9:04 PM

Aug 2010
Shachi was awesome but he wasn't a match for Arima. Just how strong is Arima? Not even the top ghouls can put up a fight against him.

Banjou! Looks like Ayato and Banjo are going to come rescue Hinami. I wonder what Kaneki's going to do and am still curious as to what he's planning with Eto. All I am certain of is that he's leaving CCG after this and that conversation with Urie was his farewell.
Feb 20, 2016 9:12 PM

Sep 2013
Horrible and criminally short fight between the best characters :'(
If this wasn't shachi and arima, this would've been the worst chapter of anything I've ever read.
Feb 20, 2016 9:22 PM

Oct 2013
Decent chapter. Never was a big fan of the fight scenes in this series, glad this was short.
Feb 20, 2016 9:36 PM

Jan 2014
Z4k said:
peeyaj said:

That's like watching Naruto shippuden without even watching the prequel which is extremely stupid. Why do people even do this?

I have read the synopsis of TG and the last third of the manga. After the disastrous part 1 of Studio Pierrot adaptation, I proceed TG. So, I know the background and stuff, but not the ''deep'' parts.
F0XFIRE said:

Feb 20, 2016 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
Man I was looking forward for some interaction between Kaneki and Saiko. Guess she is too busy panting.

Ayato has been such a husbando to Hinami. Good thing there is someone making an attempt to save her. But with Arima protection, Cochlea is impenetrable even considering the possible "betrayal" of Kaneki. Ayato better have a good solid plan.

Ishida please give us a badass Tooru although I don't even know it is even possible for her to grow back her limbs and much less fighting Torso.

And Furuta a clown of Kanou?? He is taking triple agent to a whole new level. LOL at the light hearted conversation between him and eto. The crash of the two biggest trolls in the manga.
removed-userFeb 20, 2016 10:22 PM
Feb 20, 2016 10:08 PM

May 2015
Well that showdown ended somewhat abruptly. Knew what the outcome would be, but Shachi actually put up a decent struggle and there's something odd with Arima's eye shown from the fight. Couldn't tell how sincere Kaneki's smile was to Urie. Like Ayato a lot more in comparison to TG, and the GOAT which is Banjou makes his return! Don't even want to see Mutsuki's current condition from that one panel tho...

Feb 20, 2016 10:21 PM

May 2015
Also very plausible theories about Arima having tunnel vision based off chapter 31 of RE.

Feb 20, 2016 10:26 PM

Nov 2013
Time to get Hinami out ther!

Oh, and all for ghoul rights! People don't mind getting killed and eaten!
Feb 20, 2016 10:31 PM

Mar 2012
PalpableDespair5 said:
Also very plausible theories about Arima having tunnel vision based off chapter 31 of RE.

That's pretty interesting. I went back to check and found this. Maybe Arima's vision is actually exactly as you see here

Feb 20, 2016 10:45 PM

Nov 2014
raian_sama said:
PalpableDespair5 said:

That's pretty interesting. I went back to check and found this. Maybe Arima's vision is actually exactly as you see here

Whoa!!! Good catch pal!!! It might just be true...anyways great chapter as always~
Feb 20, 2016 10:53 PM

Nov 2015
Everyone must agree that Kaneki looks like Harry Potter!
Feb 20, 2016 10:57 PM
Jul 2014
There really is something about the "eye"

I wonder who said "You fight well, despite having those eyes"

If Shachi said that, it basically meant Arima had some handicap? (was he only part ghoul, like, a quarter ghoul, or 1/8 ghoul?)

If Arima said that, did it mean Shachi didn't have good upbringing?

Well, since the beginning, it was all Shachi monologue, so i'm leaning towards Arima being some sort of "defective ghoul" (not 100% ghoul), but he fights so well that he basically has no match?

What about Kaneki's eye? Tatara said in TG that Kaneki eyes were no good? Was it because he hadn't completely turn into ghoul at the time? Now a couple chapter ago Eto was saying Kaneki's eye was getting good. Does it mean he is now getting stronger (as a ghoul?)
Feb 20, 2016 11:02 PM
Jul 2014
Also Kaneki departure from CCG is expected to happen sooner or later. Sasaki was so worried that if he let Kaneki take control (of his body), he would lose his "made-up family" (i.e., the Quinx)

Then Sasaki realized that he had to let Kaneki take control of the body anyways, which basically meant Sasaki gave up wanting to stay with the Quinx, and the CCG for the matter.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 68 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mech4nic - Mar 12, 2016

129 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.