3It was OK
5.6%
2Disliked it
1.6%
1Hated it
2.4%
Average 4.6
124 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2015 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh some of these girls can be so silly.

The plot felt pretty dense for this episode and we got some random shenanigans like a bath. There's some action with characters like Riko though so I guess that was fun. And oh yeah, even Aria needs a bit of help sometimes...

Stark700Dec 1, 2015 8:20 AM
Dec 1, 2015 7:23 AM

Apr 2010
So Akari is much better then she is letting on and Aria realised it.
But she could not make the kill, which is human nature most people have trouble with their first kill.
Dec 1, 2015 7:55 AM

Sep 2015
Aversa said:
But she could not make the kill, which is human nature most people have trouble with their first kill.

Its not because Akari can't do her first kill, its because she can surely kill a person ruthlessly.
Dec 1, 2015 7:59 AM

Sep 2015
Fuuma is added to the op.

Main plot finally here, next episode will be serious.

A dark history showed by Nonoka's dream?
Dec 1, 2015 9:37 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah about that girl in Nonoka's dream show up too in this episode and want to kill Mamiya Akari.
Show up some of they dark history, was a bit strange thought when Nonoka said we can finally live a normal life, seem like both of them in past didn't live any good life, seem like got trained as assassin.

I guess Aria realize how dangerous Akari are, that's why she went on confirmed Akari it would be best to choose another path.

RIP Aria but she won't die of course.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 1, 2015 9:41 AM

Dec 2010
Just a little thing that you might have noticed, but i decided to share it anyway :P
I'm from Poland, so i'm sorry if i make some mistakes in english sentences (including this one)
Dec 1, 2015 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Aria stayed at Akari's place for a while.

I see, Akari can kill a person if she shots with her gun!
Dec 1, 2015 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
Well, wasn't really expecting Akira's secret to be something like that, though I'm not sure what I was expecting in the first place.
Looks like shits hitting the fan next episode, looking forward to that.
Dec 1, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2015

^
That scene is pretty cool.
Next episode will be interesting i guess.
I wonder what happened to Akari in the past...
Dec 1, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
After ep1 I kinda hoped this series would be more like this episode. Would've been better if they went into Akari's backstory a bit more before giving us the messin about.

Had a mix of good moments, liked it overall. Poor Shino lol
Dec 1, 2015 1:32 PM

Jul 2015
Glad that we got some intensity in this episode, otherwise i would have dropped this anime :)
Dec 1, 2015 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, the mood of this anime is giving me whiplash, lol. Beach episode and loli affections to a pretty dark dream and background story.

I knew Akari had to have something special, but I actually didn't suspect that she was hiding her proficiencies. This is getting interesting, I actually want to see what happens next for once after this cliffhanger type ending.
Dec 1, 2015 2:44 PM

Oct 2015
Finally a episode that no center in yuri or stalking. I was waintig for a good plot for the begining.

Akari's past... will be interesing
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Dec 1, 2015 3:15 PM

Jun 2011
So after all the disappointing episodes now it finally becomes interesting huh...
Took way too long to get to that point. Akari has been a bad and annoying MC so far, hopefully it will change with her past and a darker atmosphere.
Still not feeling the show, though. There was no build up and all we got was SoL and Fanservice which didn't add anything and everything just happens at once now. I hoped this will be more like the original Hidan no Aria but sadly I was wrong. I sincerely hope that the last episodes will at least be entertaining enough so it will at least even out the terrible start.
I'm feeling thank you
Dec 1, 2015 3:30 PM

May 2015
Better than most of the previous episodes. Things are getting interesting now it seems, pretty late. That preview of the next episode though....

Dec 1, 2015 3:57 PM

Dec 2011
Damn. Then Akari really is talented after all. Really liking the development right now.

And Aria fatally wounded in the preview. >.< Can't wait for next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2015 4:07 PM

Jan 2015
Tevens said:

^

Probably the best scene of this anime imho.
Dec 1, 2015 4:55 PM
Nov 2015
Blackbird said:
Yeah about that girl in Nonoka's dream show up too in this episode and want to kill Mamiya Akari.

Pretty sure she isn't there to kill Akari. Riko said something about each of them abducting and killing their targets. Since it's Aria who was 'killed,' it's likely that Akari is their abduction target.

Like a bunch of others, I kinda hoped most of the episodes of this anime was like this one. It's closer to the atmosphere of the first one. The past 4 episodes were basically just disappointment for me. I can handle the first one, sure. Second one is still bearable, but after that is just a let down.

I mean, I get that there is build up, albeit little in each of them. But it just sucks. Each one probably allows Aria to say one thing that Akari writes down and such, but an episodic 2-minute talk with Aria isn't what I can call buildup.

This is turning out to have the Charlotte effect on me, but it's faring worse. Charlotte started building up around episode 5's last minute and went with intense-though-rushed episodes after.(apart from episode 8)
This one though, starts from episode 9, I guess. I hope the rest is similar to this episode. It just doesn't feel like Hidan no Aria without any proper schemes.
Dec 1, 2015 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
amcorp said:
Tevens said:

^

Probably the best scene of this anime imho.

not gonna lie that scene was pretty hype instantly seeing the gun turned sideways "That's a KIlLSHOT!"

still waiting to see how Akari has railgun-like lighting powers though.
Dec 1, 2015 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
Looks like the main plot is finally moving forward. It's about damn time.
Dec 1, 2015 9:26 PM

May 2015
^
This...

ramenshoujo said:
After ep1 I kinda hoped this series would be more like this episode. Would've been better if they went into Akari's backstory a bit more before giving us the messin about.l
+1

Blackbird said:
Like a bunch of others, I kinda hoped most of the episodes of this anime was like this one. It's closer to the atmosphere of the first one. The past 4 episodes were basically just disappointment for me. I can handle the first one, sure. Second one is still bearable, but after that is just a let down.

I mean, I get that there is build up, albeit little in each of them. But it just sucks. Each one probably allows Aria to say one thing that Akari writes down and such, but an episodic 2-minute talk with Aria isn't what I can call buildup.

I hope the rest is similar to this episode. It just doesn't feel like Hidan no Aria without any proper schemes.
+1
Dec 2, 2015 1:01 AM
May 2014
valvravetruth said:
Aversa said:

Its not because Akari can't do her first kill, its because she can surely kill a person ruthlessly.

True.. Btw, did you notice that she didn't turn her head to fire those "perfect" shots?
Based on her hairbands, she was still facing Aria and looking downwards while she was firing.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Dec 2, 2015 3:57 AM

May 2010
Eh, it was okay. Definitely the best action episode so far, but is that enough to save this anime? We'll see.
Dec 2, 2015 1:59 PM

Jun 2013
Akari is a sharpshooter
Dec 2, 2015 5:05 PM
Jul 2011
next episode would be around the end of HnA episode 3, and HnA AA episode 3 was at beginning of HnA episode 3.......too slow
Dec 2, 2015 5:45 PM

Jul 2012
Finally the main plot is here! I'm not saying the 8 episode before this were bad but come on I have been waiting for some of this main story for so long but all we got was pretty much yuri fanserivce which isnt bad but it is when you throw away ur main plot to the side till way past the half way point for the season. As for the main plot its pretty interesting to see Nonoka having dreams showing a little of their past and also finally they showed Akari does have skill she just doesnt want to kill anyone. I cant wait to see what the antagonist will try do do against Akari and learn more about Akari's past.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0J72-mox_M&feature=youtu.be
Dec 3, 2015 1:13 AM

Feb 2013
was about to drop the score after all the "aria you're perfect!" rubbish at the end. nothing i can't stand more than soft, whiny MCs (madoka was enough for a lifetime).

but then akari turns out to be an assassin and now my interest is piqued again. fuck me.

the scenes and pacing is all over the place now and her sister's dizziness feels so random at this point. have a feeling that even if the story goes in an interesting direction, it wont feel earned because so much time was wasted on pointless filler. like we needed a bunch of episodes just to justify expanding the roster around the cast.
Dec 3, 2015 3:47 AM

Jul 2010
Dat shot at the end was amazing. I really want to see how Akari development's going on.
Dec 3, 2015 3:02 PM

Nov 2015
This is getting interesting :)
Dec 3, 2015 10:17 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, did not expect that lol
Plot is finally moving.
Dec 4, 2015 5:25 AM

Apr 2011
That was insane shot by Akari. She didn't even look, but her shots are freaking accurate and deadly.

I would love to see Akari go on full force.
Dec 4, 2015 11:10 AM

Aug 2010
Holy shit Dem 4 shots Aari made without even looking while shouting were friggin BA O_o
Dec 5, 2015 12:42 PM

Oct 2012
I had a feeling she had more skill than she was letting on since earlier in the series, Fuuma commented on the fact that the technique Akari used to take the gun from Aria was likely a killer technique used by assassins.
Made sense to think she could probably kill if she meant to.

But anyways, I'm liking where this is going now, I want to see more of Akari's tricks (especially the lightning).
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 6, 2015 1:09 AM
Sep 2014
Seems to me that it's not actually Akari being skilled at using guns. You see, if you were good enough for your aim to be perfect every time, then you could also intentionally miss every time without fail. In her case, it seems to be more of a subconscious correction of her aim, possibly as a result of prior intensive training to become a killer from a young age. She can't suppress it in spite of not having the heart to take lives, therefore she fears it, becoming unable to fire even paintball guns...
Dec 6, 2015 9:15 AM

Jul 2009
So, Akari does have skills, she just don't use it...
And of course that the girl with colorful nails would appear, looking forward to know more!
Dec 6, 2015 6:35 PM

Oct 2011
ARIA NOOO
Dec 6, 2015 10:19 PM

Oct 2008
there are many things Mamiya Akari is hiding one of them is the previous electric discharge and now the new one an absolute killer skills! How did learned that considering her demeaning attitude and current objective of being her Amica?
wut? in the next episode Aria hot 2 headshots and didn't even die from that?!?
4/5.

Dec 7, 2015 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
Feels like the story didn't know what to do with Akari. The premise of the show was that she wasn't the most skilled Butei so they could show a different side of the Aria world, while showing how ridiculously amazing Aria was in the first place. It took that premise at heart for a while but didn't know what to do with it now suddenly Akari's a super cool assassin who's been hiding her assassin skills.

It makes the old Akari fake and invalidate's any sympathy I ever had for her as a character. You don't make the underdog character just randomly have skills for no reason. It'd be like if Kuwabara was secretly the strongest spiritualist and was hiding it because he was afraid of killing people.

At least the other characters are consistent.

This episode was not enough to save this show.
Dec 21, 2015 2:33 PM

Jan 2011
Something is finally happening after 500 episodes with only fan service. But slightly meh? Uguu~
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 22, 2015 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
Episode in which the story turns well and the comic gags and do not create embarrassment. Plot that does its duty, advancing and show some essential elements to the story. Drawings and animations good, fanservice for everyone.
Jan 12, 2016 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
WTF Akari? What did that doll ever do to you?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 23, 2016 6:15 PM

Apr 2013
Is it too late to regret watching this show?
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 31, 2016 4:23 PM

May 2012
An okay episode, decent development but still way too slow paced!
Jul 8, 2020 5:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
wtf so Akari has a aimbot xD I didn't expect it at all

More topics from this board

» Raika is the least likable character in the entire show and probably anime

Neolightveo - Dec 11, 2023

1 by sorames »»
Dec 12, 2023 5:33 AM

» Shoujo Ai?

Mele - Nov 24, 2015

29 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2015

40 by wildhood »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:51 PM

» Where does Hidan no Aria AA take place?

SleepySenpaiSama - Oct 10, 2015

23 by Jomi13111 »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2015

53 by DmonHiro »»
May 24, 2021 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.