3It was OK
33.3%
2Disliked it
16.7%
1Hated it
16.7%
Average 3.2
12 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2009 11:24 PM
May 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What did you guys think of the chapter? :o

I thought it was interesting, but at the same time I felt that it was a generic beginning :x
Dec 5, 2009 2:49 PM
Nov 2007
Yeah I agree. It does have Stan Lee's flavour though, lol.
Dec 22, 2009 12:03 AM

Jul 2008
its for the kiddies I presume, main character looks like a girl as well......I'll pass.
Feb 19, 2010 11:17 AM

Jul 2008
Wasn't really too impressed.

However, (American) patriotic mecha on the cover made me LOL.

What's more, this is going to be an anime.
Mar 23, 2011 10:30 PM
Mar 2011
I'm positive that the main character isn't American. I've never met an American kid that acts like that. The extreme humility/pathetic-ness of that level isn't a psychological issue that really happens in the US. It's also probably against child labor laws for him to work like he does. He's what? Twelve, thirteen? Is it actually legal for him to be put to work at all? Aside from paperboy routes or stuff like that.

It was pretty generic overall, except for it being IN AMERICA, and the bit with aliens at the end made me cry foul. It may be a Japanese work, but it was suspiciously close what happened in the Jimmy Neutron movie. (Actually, what was the random scientist doing there? Did the school actually fund his research... Nah. I don't know what school funding is like in So Cal, but I'm positive no school board would waste funds on something like that.)

Why did this become an anime so fast?
Aug 14, 2021 4:00 AM
May 2016
TheJuggernaut said:
its for the kiddies I presume, main character looks like a girl as well......I'll pass.

This comment of yours is completely contradictory because you have in your list the animes Digimon and Pokemon that are anime for children 😃😃😃. And what's the problem with the main character looking like a girl? Many long-haired boys look like girls.

More topics from this board

» Is this even still being published?

Lunarhawk - Jun 6, 2010

1 by KidRyan »»
Aug 5, 2010 3:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.