3It was OK
7.0%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.5
143 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 5, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Theia, what the hell are you thinking now? D:

A much calmer episode this week until the second half. The fight continues but it's good to know that Yurika isn't dead. I found the fight to be pretty predictable though. It had some good momentum though.

Stark700Sep 5, 2014 10:24 AM
Sep 5, 2014 11:15 AM

May 2013
Pretty good fight there. You don't want to mess with ruining the apartment or you will feel the Shizuka's wrath lol. Sakuraba managed to ask Koutarou on a date.
Sep 5, 2014 11:17 AM
Feb 2009
While it was predictable that everyone (except Yurika) would lose their memories, at least is wasn't quite reset to the status quo. Satomi has some vague memories of what happened and accepts Yurika as someone special.

That cabal of evil magical girls looks interesting and I wonder if we'll ever get to see them fleshed out.
Sep 5, 2014 11:18 AM
Feb 2009
Stark700 said:

Awesome image of Yurika! <3
Sep 5, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2009
As expected they lost their memories XD
Sep 5, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2010
Who the hell is Koutarou anyway?! Dat ExcaliburSword :O He owned at the start!!

And even Harumi is some magic user? Or was she just possessed by something in Yurika?

The fights were awesome. Loved the Yurika+Koutarou teamwork. Quite amazing stuff :D

GODDAMMIT!! Why did they have to go through the memory loss route T_T Poor Yurika :(

...but her talk with Koutarou at the end was nice. Glad to see Yurika smile :*) Satomi just doesn't want her to be in any dangerous situations :D Really happy for her. Yurika best girl <3

The plot for this show is actually really interesting :O I'm enjoying it way more than I thought.
Sep 5, 2014 11:38 AM
Jan 2013
Ok, so is Sakuraba that girl whom Koutarou met when he fell below ground?

Could the landlady be Nana?

Could the few remaining eps be about Maki getting back?
Sep 5, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
Nice episode, poor Yurika LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2014 11:44 AM
Aug 2014
Nana looks almost like Madoka, well it's expected from a parody show.
Sep 5, 2014 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Theia is thinking about the kiss between her and Koutarou.

It was good to heard Yurika's back story.

Maki sacrificed her Twilight Wing to erase everyone's memories, including the fact about Yurika is a magical girl. Poor Yurika!
Sep 5, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2010
I knew it they forget about Yurika being a mahou shoujo, but well it seems there is another chance for her to show of her power in the near future judging by the evil mahou shoujo meeting.
I wonder if those mahou shoujo will be the final boss in this anime, judging by the fact that this is an LN adaption will we be looking at an open ending again.

We got a final boss and we got a couple so we have everything for a proper ending.
Sep 5, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2011
Theia's reaction upon imagining the kiss was hilarious!

Good thing Yurika is fine and okay. The girls should have beaten Maki to a pulp. Suzuka owned her. There's also some confusing things like Harumi unconsciously using magic making her look like the goddess in the 1st episode, summoning a sword just like in the school play and Koutarou being really powerful. But I doubt it has enough episodes to answer our questions.
Sep 5, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2012
yay Yurika is fine.
Somehow I felt disappointed at the fight, I would have wanted to see more Yurika and less Koutarou.
The connection between the characters and the room is getting a bit interesting, Koutaro being the blue knight, Harumi the Silver princess......
Sep 5, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2011
I wonder if we will get a Kiriha arc next time. She is the only one left who doesnt have her own yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
Well, at least people now can see that this isn't a crappy harem.
It was a nice development.. and reset. But not a total reset.

The 'leader' of the black rainbow looked like senpai.. hum...
Sep 5, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2009
pretty good episode.
so next arc is Kiriha's?
bruh
Sep 5, 2014 12:40 PM
Jun 2012
Shaniyaz said:
Looks like all girls in Koutarou's harem can use magic, even Harumi too; though it's unbeknownst to her.
Not sure how Koutarou could use that sword so adeptly, considering it was given to him just moments ago. I guess that one of his MC quality?

Tulip getting flustered over the kiss between Blue Knight and Silver Princess was cute. :3

Nice knowing Yurika's backstory. Good to see Koutarou is willing to fight alongside her.

Second round of Yurika & Koutarou vs. Maki was pretty good, though I still don't get how could he be such a badass all of a sudden. Oh well..
The harem comes to rescue. Damn, Tulip was so ready to destroy Maki even if it'd obliterate everything around.

Damn you, Maki! Damn you!! Sacrificing Twilight Wing to erase everyone's memories, including the fact that Yurika is a Mahou Shoujo. How dare you! -.-
Though, it's nice seeing Koutarou disregarding the concern whether or not Yurika is a Mahou Shoujo or not since she's always willing to save others. (^^)

Good episode. Looks like Dark Rainbow will counterattack soon. Eh, they won't stand any chance though.

LN info.

MC has been training for the play quite a while. Then theia resume the knight training for the second play. Ruth and MC has been sparing every morning.

Beside Blue knight is nothing special. He was just a guy who save the princess, lead the war under her and some other things that would be cover in s2 if there is even one.

There is a reason MC emit white light though then again this episode already show the reason. The sword boast him in every way possible (superhuman stats) but its not quite 'I win' power. Other than that he is just an athletic guy who have never missed working out and training. Oh Theia and Ruth training also count.

Ah I hope there was a season 2 for this, everything would come full circle then.

noireoSep 5, 2014 1:01 PM
Sep 5, 2014 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was a good reminder why mahou shoujo series suck. Holly crap, that fight was ridiculous and incredibly boring at the same time. I though all that magic stuff will be another two episode sub-story but seems like it will go on. Too bad.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 5, 2014 12:46 PM

Oct 2012
Sakabara SENPAI <3
Sep 5, 2014 12:50 PM
Jun 2011
Antanaru said:
This episode was a good reminder why mahou shoujo series suck. Holly crap, that fight was ridiculous and incredibly boring at the same time. I though all that magic stuff will be another two episode sub-story but seems like it will go on. Too bad.
i think it was better it didnt draag to 2 more episodes since it was too boring
Sep 5, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2012
Baddie007 said:

no nana can't be the landlady. their styles are too different and she doesnt mwatch looks wise.
Sep 5, 2014 1:00 PM
Jun 2011
yes i also think that harumi is the girl from episode 1
Sep 5, 2014 1:04 PM

Jul 2014
Nice episode, the fight was pretty badass, didnt expect it too look that good considering they dont even draw eyes of the non important characters. Pretty predictable but still a good show, Koutaro was badass in that fight and Tulip was pretty awesome, but not as awesome as Yurika was this ep, specially that last part when she winked.
Sep 5, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2011
Koutarou-sama

That was the first thing out of Harumi's mouth after she regained conciousness. -sama?

So even though his memories were destroyed, Koutarou still sort of recognises Yurika as a magical girl.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 5, 2014 1:11 PM

Mar 2014
oh poor Yurika, everyone forgot that is a magical girl xD
but at least she is happy and fine now :3

now the next episode we gonna learn more about Kihara
and the underground people~
Sep 5, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2014
Whatever happened to the room they were fighting over?
Sep 5, 2014 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
I hate when they go back to status quo. What's the point, really WHAT'S THE POINT?!
But Yurika is still best girl despite her poor arc.
Sep 5, 2014 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
that memory wipe... wahts teh point if all of maika's witches w/e they are called come to earth they'll have to fight again. jsut a stall tactic. :3

at least the Male MC sort of remmebers :O
Sep 5, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
This is so weird for a slice-of-life harem show that has supernatural themes in here. Better yet I pretty much like how they used these themes to make it funny, intense, and fluid action scenes, all crunched up to be a good harem show :D.

Kind of BS that everyone forgot about the events that happen, well until Maki ruined it all. Yurika and Harumi were too moe at the end there. i like the wink that Yurika did at the end :D.

Sep 5, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
"Bunch of weirdos" -> Truestory

good episode.

Poor Yurika, she's still seen just as a cosplayer *facepalm*
Sep 5, 2014 2:18 PM

Nov 2012
So each character gets 2 episodes for their arc? I'm gravy with that.
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Sep 5, 2014 2:36 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
The memory loss pretty much ruined it for me.
Sep 5, 2014 2:52 PM
Aug 2014
Cratex said:

The partial memory wipe is needed because mahou shojos' arc will not end here. Yurika and Maki will be further developed in Vol8 and 12 of the light novels.
Sep 5, 2014 3:12 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
followwind said:
Cratex said:

The partial memory wipe is needed because mahou shojos' arc will not end here. Yurika and Maki will be further developed in Vol8 and 12 of the light novels.
{shrug}doesn't matter. I dislike that sort of thing regardless of the reason.
Sep 5, 2014 3:33 PM
Mar 2014
While a few things can be frowned upon (the mindwipe and a few other things), the show mostly continues its neat presentation. A few moments again that were good for laughs :)
It isn't the top-anime of the season, but not the worst either.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 5, 2014 3:37 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was satisfying.

followwind said:
Cratex said:

WAIT WAIT WAIT the anime has already covered up to volume SEVEN of the light novels? :O

please confirm someone please and thank you
Darstorm-SandudeSep 5, 2014 3:43 PM
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Sep 5, 2014 3:49 PM

Mar 2014
Yurika is obviously the best girl

Sep 5, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2014
Darstorm-Sandude said:

followwind said:

WAIT WAIT WAIT the anime has already covered up to volume SEVEN of the light novels? :O

I didnt even read the light novel but I can sense that the adaptation is going as fast as the speed of light. It really is obvious that it's rushed.

This was the best episode seriously, the developpement the orgiinal plot(go see episoded 1) was there, look like some foreshadow. Yurika developpement and Kotarou.
I didnt even like Yurika, now she is my number 1 of this show, but that doesnt mean she is the one I want to end up with the MC.
Sep 5, 2014 4:31 PM

Aug 2013
Sakuraba's date with Koutarou <3 I hope something actually develops. On another note...

This anime is turning into a total cheesefest with it taking this "Mahou Shoujo arc" so seriously. Get back to the solid comedy and SoL, pleeaase.
Sep 5, 2014 4:56 PM
Nov 2013
Epic battle and the cuteness at the end LOL ahahah. Can't wait till the next episode!
Sep 5, 2014 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
Oh man, this show is getting better and better! It's tied for my favorite of the season~
I really loved this episode, it had a little bit of everything, romance, harem, friendship, fight scenes, cool magic, drama, cuteness and character development. Yurika is still my favorite, hands down, with Sanae in a VERY close second. I also really like this Main Character. Hes a little 'god mode' but its still enjoyable and there's enough mystery as to how he's connected to all these girls to keep things interesting. Crossing my fingers for more seasons to come!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 5, 2014 6:02 PM
Apr 2012
noireo said:
Shaniyaz said:
Looks like all girls in Koutarou's harem can use magic, even Harumi too; though it's unbeknownst to her.
Not sure how Koutarou could use that sword so adeptly, considering it was given to him just moments ago. I guess that one of his MC quality?

Tulip getting flustered over the kiss between Blue Knight and Silver Princess was cute. :3

Nice knowing Yurika's backstory. Good to see Koutarou is willing to fight alongside her.

Second round of Yurika & Koutarou vs. Maki was pretty good, though I still don't get how could he be such a badass all of a sudden. Oh well..
The harem comes to rescue. Damn, Tulip was so ready to destroy Maki even if it'd obliterate everything around.

Damn you, Maki! Damn you!! Sacrificing Twilight Wing to erase everyone's memories, including the fact that Yurika is a Mahou Shoujo. How dare you! -.-
Though, it's nice seeing Koutarou disregarding the concern whether or not Yurika is a Mahou Shoujo or not since she's always willing to save others. (^^)

Good episode. Looks like Dark Rainbow will counterattack soon. Eh, they won't stand any chance though.

LN info.

MC has been training for the play quite a while. Then theia resume the knight training for the second play. Ruth and MC has been sparing every morning.

Beside Blue knight is nothing special. He was just a guy who save the princess, lead the war under her and some other things that would be cover in s2 if there is even one.

There is a reason MC emit white light though then again this episode already show the reason. The sword boast him in every way possible (superhuman stats) but its not quite 'I win' power. Other than that he is just an athletic guy who have never missed working out and training. Oh Theia and Ruth training also count.

Ah I hope there was a season 2 for this, everything would come full circle then.

I so hope we can get a season 2 for this the story is just too good.

It would be sad if people ignore this anime by mistaking this as a typical harem comedy anime. :(
Sep 5, 2014 6:07 PM
Apr 2012
Baddie007 said:

No and No
Sep 5, 2014 6:09 PM

May 2013
After all that, they just forgot everything. That smile of Yurika at the end also made me smile.
Sep 5, 2014 6:38 PM

Oct 2012
poor Yurika
Sep 5, 2014 7:29 PM
Apr 2012
Thai777 said:
Darstorm-Sandude said:

I didnt even read the light novel but I can sense that the adaptation is going as fast as the speed of light. It really is obvious that it's rushed.

This was the best episode seriously, the developpement the orgiinal plot(go see episoded 1) was there, look like some foreshadow. Yurika developpement and Kotarou.
I didnt even like Yurika, now she is my number 1 of this show, but that doesnt mean she is the one I want to end up with the MC.

Well I think the anime will just cover up to volumes 1 to 7 which is really just an introduction to the characters plus their motives as to why they want the room.

I think there is at least around 16 volumes so far plus I think think the story after volume 7 just gets way better since we find out about the blue knight and we learn how he affected most of the girls. Plus the truth about koutarou and who he really is, but I think most of you can already guess who is is from the anime.

I hope this can get a season 2.
Sep 5, 2014 7:33 PM
Jun 2012
BabyShiba said:

I so hope we can get a season 2 for this the story is just too good.

It would be sad if people ignore this anime by mistaking this as a typical harem comedy anime. :(

Dude I know that ..I also am a LN reader.

What I mean is no matter how special blue knight is hailed as ...in the he is nothing but a war hero. All his achievement are his own hard-works. Of course some people help too.
Sep 5, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2013
All that work but everyone forgot. Yurika just can't catch a break haha.

The sword that Sakuraba gave Koutaro during the fight...that's the same as the sword used by the Blue Knight right? Don't tell me Sakuraba's actually the reincarnation of the princess from the story. Could explain why the two of them are so drawn to each other. But wait, isn't the real sword in Tulip's possession (or was that a different sword)? And why does Tulip's ship have the same voice as Koutaro? (lack of VA? lol) I won't be surprised if this turns out to be true. Everyone (maybe Makkenji too) surrounding Koutaro isn't normal. Heck maybe even the landlady's blazing fist could have some magical explanation.

This show has me completely fooled. I thought it's going with "unconnected arcs for each girl" approach but now I feel like there's actually a bigger story in the background.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 5, 2014 8:51 PM

Aug 2012
I'm in the minority, I pretty much like this episode; it didn't get me bored or whatsoever. The fight sequence, despite the chanting of long spell names, are exciting and fluid at least. I actually didn't expect to see such action in a harem show, but well, it's a good addition.

And just as expected, they will forget about it in the end. It's obvious why the author did that and I find no reason to complain. Imo, this is more interesting than Glasslip :P

Dat Yurika wink though... :3
Sep 5, 2014 9:25 PM
Aug 2011
I admit it - I threw up my arms when they played the 'memory wipe' card. But then I realized - it wasn't a reset to status quo. MC had some vague memories about it, and probably the most noticable change - she's not crying about being a magical girl and nobody believing her anymore. She states that she's just herself and is quite happy with just that.

In general, this show gives off the closest vibe I've seen since the original Tenchi Muyo OAVs. It's something I've entered into every 'harem' anime with the hopes of seeing recaptured, and this show hits closest to the mark for me.

·It's not blatant fan service. It's there, but it's not OH YEAH in your face.
·The girls, while they might be fond of him, aren't all fighting over him like some of the catfight-fests lots of harem shows devolve into.
·A lot of elements that seem completely unrelated at first (spiritual, magical, high-tech) are gradually coming together in a cohesive inter-relation with the MC at the center.

To take it a step further, I actually like the MC a bit more than Tenchi. He isn't part of the background like Tenchi tended to be a lot of the time. ('No Need for Tenchi' was the title, after all.) But he's also not some drooling pervert who's redeemed by a heart of gold, and he's not a perfect, boring saint. He's a well-meaning (if not cheap) guy who has flaws and isn't above being petty or getting even once in a while. He's more than a flat stereotype and that's what makes him interesting to me.

Just my $0.02.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

97 by Karva1 »»
Mar 15, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

157 by basspig »»
Dec 8, 2023 7:14 PM

» When will Season 2 to be released?

AiDiZi - Jul 14, 2017

19 by yveltalkyogre »»
Sep 10, 2023 7:49 AM

Poll: » Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2014

79 by 3miL »»
May 18, 2023 9:30 AM

Poll: » Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

83 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 19, 2023 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.