3It was OK
44.4%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.1
9 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2014 4:53 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I never doubted the "imminent destruction of planet" to be a test. XP Whatever happened to the Virgin Space? Was that the psychedelic mind trip at the end? Great! Drinking till I pass out is more fun. >_<

Thank you, Leiji Matsumoto... for this but I'm moving on. 5/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 4, 2015 9:11 PM

Jun 2014
This was very interesting. Daichi, Mayu, and Zero proved that human or android, there is goodness in everyone.

I would've liked to have seen the "Virgin Space" they went to, but I'm just glad that they earned the right to access it.

Great little movie, which is partly educational in a way. Leiji Matsumoto never fails to deliver.

Aug 30, 2016 3:05 PM

May 2012
I always love the work Leiji produces! Pretty interesting setting and atmosphere as well, but that's also expected from Leiji's work!

All in all a lovely sci-fi, space movie I must say!
May 8, 2023 10:41 PM

Jan 2016
I'm just 3min into the movie so I won't comment about characters and story, but saw a lot of multiplane cel animation, yeah sometime background actors are too static but in this 3min they already showed a lot of techniques for depth and stuff, quite nice, and looks like the director took inspiration on Disney

edit: It even has some CGI that for the time it's quite good. Not much to mention about the story, some golden age sci-fi inspired story (woah, I didn't notice before the legendary original creator of this), what I regret the most is that despite being from 1985 it looks like a 1975 anime, maybe if it was made in 1995 it would have captured the 80's visuals and gritty story telling.
PxHCMay 9, 2023 1:28 PM

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.