Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2010 9:24 AM

Oct 2009
Anyone playing this game? if so I'm wondering how do you get the key in the cave where Maria is? I got the water evaporation item and searched in each section of the pool of water in the cave, but I haven't found the key.

Also as this club seems dead might as well ask here what Rance games have you all played?

This is my 4th rance game after Sengoku Rance; Kichikuou Rance & Rance 6.
There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 12, 2010 8:38 AM

Jun 2008
Sorry I just started Rance 6 (my 2nd Rance), I still haven't played Rance 2 yet.
Feb 13, 2010 9:41 PM

Dec 2009
Try using the alicesoft wiki
Jun 19, 2010 4:53 PM

Sep 2009
I've played the original two rance games. I think they were called something different back then (otherwise the two games I have played stole from the rance series. Branmaker I believe it was called (don't hold me to it though).

The other game is of course Sengoku Rance.

I've wanted to play other games in the series but can never seem to be able to find them. I did not even know rance 02 was out yet either. If someone wants to point me to where I can find the series then I'll get back to you...if I ever figure it out,

I have however been playing big bang age and you can see some familar elements of rance in it.
Jun 20, 2010 6:35 AM

Oct 2009
The Rance games have always been called Rance. You can download the first few games from the alicesoft website here

http://retropc.net/alice/menu.html

It has all the old Alicesoft games not just the Rance one's.
There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless.
Jul 20, 2010 6:45 PM

Sep 2009
thanks. Was actually mixing up the names with something else although I have played the first two rance games as well. I actually downloaded them from the site previously. Been quite a while though since I played them (and I knew less then than I do now). I would like to see all of them translated but Alicesoft has declined any invitation to license outside Japan (blame the lack of sales and the rapelay incident a while back).

Still fan translations still might be accepted. If anyone ever bothers to translate all of them. Still regardless I am looking forward to playing both six and the remake at some point. Wonder what game the translators of big bang age have decided to work on. Another alicesoft game maybe?
Jul 21, 2010 2:55 AM

Jun 2008
No he's doing Galaxy Angel Moonlit Lovers.
But maybe after this, he'll do another Alicesoft game.

Btw I wonder when Daiteikoku will be released.
Aug 10, 2010 6:22 AM

Jun 2008
Hau. I wondered around so long in that cave without any idea what I was doing...

Wah, Ririko~!

... Erh, whoops. That was off topic. Ahem.

I believe what you have to do is actually use the evaporation item as an item in the water. Then you can search around the spots that used to be water. To use an item, you select the fifth option down in camp. The evaporating item should be near the bottom of what is probably a short list at that point in the game, as most temporary key items are. For the record, the key is in the part of the lake that has the mine cart in it.

Also, I've played.. Rance 1, 2, 4, 5D (ugh), 6 (probably my favorite overall), Kichikou.. And, of course, Sengoku. I played 4.1 very briefly, but got distracted by something else a little ways into it and forgot about it. And if it counts, I've played the hell out of Waidonyo. Not really a Rance game, but it does have Rance and others in it. :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» translating Rance 02, need help (programmers, hackers)

ranceforthewin - Nov 7, 2010

5 by ranceforthewin »»
Nov 11, 2010 10:52 AM

» Sengoku Rance

drewthedeuce - Mar 24, 2010

9 by Phanotak »»
Aug 28, 2010 3:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.