Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2013 6:22 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Aladdin and Scheherazade both reveal A LOT about themselves. Apparently, Scheherazade's real body (and there she herself and Titus) will succumb very soon, prompting her to listen to Aladdin's story while making up her mind, reminiscing about her relationship with Reim, while Aladdin finally reveals his purpose as a Magi as well as part of the secret behind Al-Tharmen!

In the end, the Kou empire finally arrives as well, we are approaching the climax of this arc with a fast pace. Overall an amazing chapter, which will surely lead to lengthy discussions.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 24, 2013 1:56 PM
Sep 2012
lol what the hell is the kou empire going to do now.
Mar 24, 2013 2:43 PM

Jun 2010
Kou empire has arrived! Wohoo!
Mar 24, 2013 2:47 PM
Feb 2012
- We get more information on Al Sarmen's goal
- The Dark Spot, a hole that enables the incantation of evil to enter the world
- Alibaba acting like a real friend there (Aladdin nearly crying moved me to tears as well ;-;)
- More info on Scheherazade+a mini flashback
- The biggest shock of the chapter- Scheherazade's real body won't last longer than another month at best...
- Kou empire enters the fray and Mogamett is still not shown

Another chapter that proves why I'm in love with this manga.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 24, 2013 3:01 PM

May 2012
yunan is really a mysterious magi, its getting interesting now love to see tomboyish schehezerade..we might be able to see Alibaba vs Kouha.. cant wait..

Mar 24, 2013 3:25 PM

May 2008
Such an amazing chapter and the amount of character development delivered was exellent. Got to love how Alibaba hit Aladdin's head just like Aladdin did it back in Balbadd. This just shows how much Alibaba changed since then.
Mar 24, 2013 5:01 PM

Aug 2009
I.. I really want to give Aladdin a hug right now.
"I didn't want to worry the others more than they already were"
After all that time, he held these thoughts to himself, just to not worry others.
I'm in tears here (T-T) I knew it, ever since his talk with Alibaba in Sindria, he had something he couldn't talk to him in detail yet. I totally get what Alibaba fells about all this.

Great reveal about lady Scheherazade's past. I noticed that picture of that guy and her standing next to him highly represent the early character drafts Ohtaka-sensei made of Alibaba (gladiator) and Aladdin (female), it's funny to think about.
So Scheherazade and Titus will die soon, how sad.

Good cliffhanger, what are Kou planning to do!
Mar 24, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2010
I bet the Kou make interfering will make Al Sarmen come true. I bet a lot of the 3 countries army get whipped out.
Mar 24, 2013 6:26 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
GuiltyKing said:
- Alibaba acting like a real friend there (Aladdin nearly crying moved me to tears as well ;-;)
- The biggest shock of the chapter- Scheherazade's real body won't last longer than another month at best...

Agreed >< Alibaba and Aladdin really are true friends. I think the reason I love them so much if because of their age difference. Most of the manga I've read have best friends who are only a few years apart at most, so it's refreshing to see such a friendship in Magi.

Seems like Tidus and Scheherazade have made up, but only depressing news awaited for Tidus, and he really can't do anything about it.

A Kou Empire. Haven't seen them in awhile, wonder what they're up to now
Mar 24, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2012
Lol Scheherazade in her younger years! she was a energetic troublemaker!
Mar 24, 2013 7:42 PM

Aug 2010
Loved it!!

Aladdin and Alibaba are one of the best friends ever :D

Scheherazade was so cute when she was younger hehe.

I'm starting to really wonder about Yunan now...he seems to know the most out of the other Magi and what's to add is that the last we saw of Mor she was with him so I wonder if she learned a lot of stuff from him? Really can't wait to see the result of her one year and what happened to her!!!

I have a feeling that the next time she appears Yunan will be with her
Mar 24, 2013 8:01 PM
Aug 2011
I wonder what kind of impact Scheherazade's eventual death will have.

Yunan is really intriguing.
Mar 24, 2013 8:11 PM

Oct 2012
Really hoping we get to see Kou Empire try to rattle things up in the next chapter. We've seen what Aladdin is capable of doing after his training against Reim and now, hopefully, it's Alibaba's turn to show what he's got (although it might be a bit too early for it, I'm hoping for a full djinn equip) against the Kou Empire.

I can see a future arc centered around a race between Alibaba/Aladdin and, perhaps, Sindria (or Reim depending on how this arc plays out) trying to track down the new Magi after Scheherazade passes away before Al Thamen as an arms race.
Mar 24, 2013 8:59 PM

Feb 2012
No Lady Scheherazade :(

Don't die yet damn, why is she so old, while other 3 Magi's look young as hell, isn't Yudan supposed to be close to Scheherazade's age? Even in the past when Sinbad was still a kid, Yudan looked the same as today, he hasn't aged a day since then.

Can't wait to see what will Kou Empire do now, great chapter this was.
Mar 24, 2013 11:47 PM
Dec 2012
tingy said:
GuiltyKing said:

Agreed >< Alibaba and Aladdin really are true friends. I think the reason I love them so much if because of their age difference. Most of the manga I've read have best friends who are only a few years apart at most, so it's refreshing to see such a friendship in Magi.

Seems like Tidus and Scheherazade have made up, but only depressing news awaited for Tidus, and he really can't do anything about it.

A Kou Empire. Haven't seen them in awhile, wonder what they're up to now

I also agree :>. (My thoughts--->)Love this manga. Aladdin reveals what he knows which partially explains the two planets thing. Alibaba's friendship moment is probably one of the best so far, since Aladdin no longer feels detached and distanced from everyone. Now for the Kou empire...
dg20Mar 25, 2013 12:02 AM
Mar 24, 2013 11:55 PM

Apr 2010
Not sure about Yunan's age, but when Sinbad was young compared to now he looks pretty much the same. Non aging guy.
Mar 25, 2013 2:26 AM

May 2008
Mystic_Z said:
I can see a future arc centered around a race between Alibaba/Aladdin and, perhaps, Sindria (or Reim depending on how this arc plays out) trying to track down the new Magi after Scheherazade passes away before Al Thamen as an arms race.
I'm not really sure about this. Scheherazade should have died a long time ago so I think the 4th Magi wasn't Aladdin but her because she is from another generation after all. I think her existence somewhat delayed the appearance of Aladdin. So if she dies, the balance of the 3 magi will be restored.
Though it's questionable if all the Magis live a long life like her.
sayamiMar 25, 2013 2:31 AM
Mar 25, 2013 4:46 AM

Apr 2011
I think that Aladdin may be the King Solomon from the another world. It also explain why he had that dream concerning Alma Toran. It's just a feeling. :)
Mar 25, 2013 10:17 AM

Feb 2008
if he was solomon, that would explain why there is not suppose to be another Magi, and why the Rhuk come so easily to him.
Mar 25, 2013 7:42 PM

May 2012
I seriously hope they figure out a way to save both Titus and Scheherazade's lives, I'm really starting to like them as characters. And I'm really hoping that messenger from the Kou Empire ends up being Hakuryuu! I want the gang to get back together! :D
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Mar 25, 2013 7:43 PM

Apr 2008
Uchihafan25 said:
I seriously hope they figure out a way to save both Titus and Scheherazade's lives, I'm really starting to like them as characters. And I'm really hoping that messenger from the Kou Empire ends up being Hakuryuu! I want the gang to get back together! :D

That's really not a good idea. Hakuryuu is getting corrupted and given his unrequited crush on Morgiana, him being anywhere near Alibaba is far too dangerous.
Mar 27, 2013 5:07 PM

Jan 2012
tingy said:

Yep, it's quite an unique friendship and one can even see that their friendship is even better than before now that they haven't seen each other for a while. I'd feel the same after meeting one of my only few friends that I haven't seen for quite a while.

I'm also quite curious as to what the chancellor will do at this point. The previous chapter already foreshadowed that something big is about to happen soon.
Apr 4, 2013 5:31 PM

Feb 2008
Character development 100+
Alibaba gains a level
Apr 16, 2013 10:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kou arrives and trouble will follow. I wonder what Magnostad will do?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 11, 2022 4:47 PM

Jan 2020
I wouldn't mind if Titus and Schehezarade disappear. That Magi has already more than extended her stay, and hasn't even managed to contribute to maintaining or furthering the pursuit of peace. If anything, she all but ignited a great war within the whole world. Especially now that the Kou Empire is making its move. Her actions have just become an excuse for more destruction. Step aside and let Aladdin do his job. That being said, it's nice to see that Alibaba is officially staying by his side as a comrade. Now, where is Morgiana?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 17, 2023 2:04 AM
May 2023
Can we get much higher??
Aug 12, 1:36 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
The war at Magnostadt (the translation keeps varying between that name and Magnoshuttat for some reason) is coming to an end... or is it?

Indeed, the Fanalis Corps were such tough opponents to the high magicians that the Borges and their spells were no match for them. It took Aladdin intervening and turning into a proper Magi for their soldiers' fighting spirit to cease and to bring out the Djinn Baratros only for its most lethal attack to be deflected at the last second by Alibaba. But even all of that wasn't the most relevant part of the volume as Aladdin's knowledge about Solomon was put into words: this is actually isekai.

Funny, isn't it? Well, it's not really an isekai in the conventional sense but the fact that another world existed before the one they are inhabiting and was destroyed but a powerful spell is something I didn't have in my predictions. Not only that but this "dark spot" could the trigger for that secret organization to do the same with this world. For what purpose would they intend to destroy another world I have no clue. Maybe they are just plain evil.

For now let's see what Mogamett does as Scheherazade's body crumbles soon.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Chapter 237 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2014

38 by Calamitry »»
Oct 10, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 346 Discussion

Artemist4 - Apr 26, 2017

5 by Rich-core »»
May 19, 3:04 PM

» opinions on Magi's depiction of Arabian culture?

laaare - Oct 30, 2016

17 by Afan_123 »»
Apr 30, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 31 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 26, 2012

7 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 30 Discussion

BackLashWave - Dec 31, 2011

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.