Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 20, 2016 10:55 AM

Oct 2008
This is one one of the worst first episodes I've seen in awhile. The whole thing was just a giant pretentious mess tied together with awful characters, poorly written pseudo intellectual dialogue non existent world building and massive fucking plot conveniences. The only thing this show has going for it is that it's dark and weird, but it's dark and weird like an angsty middle schooler who just read their first Shakespeare play.

I'd say the highlight of the episode was the Detective's dream sequence, but even that was a bit goofy more than it was terrifying or creepy.

The whole reincarnation, I'm you, you're me, is just so god damn dumb and the gullibility of the MC for believing so easily and all the things that followed because of it were just god damn dumb. That concept could be amusing, but when the characters relationship is so paper thin and the show's method of establishing this belief between the two is also as thin it doesn't work.

I'm mildly tempted to watch an episode or two more to see if the remaining characters can pull this mess into something watchable but if this is what they've setup as the foundation for the entire show that's a bad sign for what's to come.
May 24, 2016 5:26 PM

Jul 2011
What the actual fuck is going on ?!
Jul 5, 2016 1:50 PM

Jan 2015
Okay. That was bad. I came hoping to see a good detective show and instead I get some pseudo-supernatural bullshit, with no explanations or world-building at all.
Only thing that'll keep me going further is the ending which seemed to hint that the "she's my past life" mess is an actual thing, not just an angsty teenage delusion.
Jul 17, 2016 2:35 PM

Sep 2014
Well that was a Nice start. This show looks good. Let's see what lies ahead.
Sep 13, 2016 5:19 PM

Mar 2016
Dafuq did I just watch?
Nov 23, 2018 4:01 PM

Nov 2016
I like what I saw. This will be a captivating watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 23, 2019 3:55 PM

Apr 2012
FMmatron said:
I like what I saw. This will be a captivating watch.

I accidentally recalled this anime recently and you are the last to leave a comment here. What an amazing coincidence, lol.
Dec 13, 2019 4:25 AM

Oct 2015
This is confusing AF!

What happened to the first guy in the train?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 27, 2020 9:34 PM

Nov 2012
This show has some pretty art

More screenshots here:
https://imgur.com/a/2PNmLzI

Quite the twisted relationship these two girls shared.

I wonder if the story will continue from where this left off or if it will be episodic.
Jul 25, 2021 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
The start of the episode was fucked up with that head inside the box. Some of the moments were scary mostly thanks to the brilliant directing. This is probably the best any CLAMP design has ever looked in animated form with such gorgeous artwork and smooth animation as you would expect from Madhouse. There is probably some sort of trick behind the ending scene which will probably be explained in some later episodes unless it was the main girl who actually pushed her due to that pimple breaking the image in her mind about the perfection of Kaneko.The other novel from Kyougoku Natsuhiko was decent, hopefully this one will far exceed that (atleast, it looks like from this first episode). Now, the question is whether it will go episodic wise or not, cause I was sure it would but after looking at the preview, it doesn't seem like.
Jun 1, 2022 2:37 AM

Mar 2010
Wow! That was a interesting start. I wonder how this will connect with the summary. Will the girl run away now or something.
Aug 12, 2023 5:04 AM

Nov 2010
Sweat dripping from a Goddess's armpits? Sounds delicious, and I would voraciously lick it!

Reincarnation? Past life? A pimple on the neck? And attempted suicide? Intriguing start.

I still wish Japan had won WW2 and created a fascist utopia in Asia. I don't care if millions, or even billions, would be sacrificed to achieve that. That same wish applies to the West under Nazi Germany.
May 12, 1:04 AM

Aug 2019
I’m more lost than a turtle right now.

The detective’s dreams are something else tho. Hardcore PTSD right there.
Aug 2, 5:32 AM

Jun 2008
Lockensocke said:
I think they tried too hard to create mysterious athmosphere without even making a build up to the character, which made the whole first epiosde kinda boring. First at the end where stuff is finally happening i kinda got interested. The part with the guy in the train having this nightmare was definitly the best scene in the entire episode. The rest was just 2 chicks taking way too much crack and talking absolute nonsense.
PrOxAnto said:
Not sure what's going on, to be fair I was kinda feeling bored throughout the episode.
I was more interested in the first scene in the train (head in the box) than the girls that are each others reincarnation.

I guess I'll see where this is going.
My opinion in a nutshell.

Picked this up for the creepy mystery story × vintage setting × hot guys, so far we got some 'eek' and 'wtf' moments, not much else. Don't care for shoujo-ai subtext and the girls are not likeable. Didn't even know it was Clamp-designed, neither happy or unhappy, looks nicely animated but I will never dig their modern art style. Fortunately here it's much more prominent on the female characters.
The dancing sequence was awkward.
Lastly, that atrocious ED with a lame-ass smells like teen spirit riff, I will gladly skip.
RenaPsychoKillerAug 5, 4:30 PM

watching, waiting, commiserating
Aug 2, 2:48 PM
Oct 2023
Snoozefest that doesnt make sense, I have no idea whats going on whatsoever. I was bored and couldn't be arsed watching anymore of it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DeathfireD - Jan 2, 2010

57 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 19, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 12 Discussion

Mikiyo - Jul 30, 2009

19 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 19, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 11 Discussion

Mikiyo - Jul 14, 2009

12 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 12, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 10 Discussion

Jacut - Jul 9, 2009

15 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 9, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 9 Discussion

hikky - Dec 24, 2008

20 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 8, 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.