Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 4, 5:00 PM
Oct 2020
i heard the only intresting things in this show was the MC backstory
Jan 4, 5:02 PM

May 2015
This was a pretty entertaining first episode. The cut to him killing people in some facility and then instantly waking up in an isekai world is some pretty fast pacing! The female lead brings up a pretty good point too on how everyone so far is kind of a jerk in this isekai land. Those powers must not be all that good to have.
Jan 4, 5:11 PM

Feb 2019
something tells me MC is from that world given how he already has his own powers. i wonder what that sketchy mage, shion, is up to. she needs to be dealt the instant death curse by MC lol
Jan 4, 5:17 PM
Dec 2021
I'm a fan of the isekais, but this episode was painfully bad to watch. Dropped.
kitohaJan 4, 5:20 PM
Jan 4, 5:30 PM

Jun 2010
The first episode made me want to drop this anime entirely. The development is shitty cliche and no life. Character's are like shit that dies easily without then giving a f*** of what's happening and mixing some cliche flirt event and slap comedic act. There are a lot more better anime titles to watch and waste time.
"A sword is a weapon, Kenjutsu is the
art of killing, Whatever pretty words
you use to speak of it, this is
its true nature."

Otaku always defy common sense.

nferocious76

Jan 4, 5:32 PM

Oct 2021
What am I hoping anyway? It's not funny in the manga nor the anime is. This is just OP mc doing OP stuffs with bad animation then. Yep, first drop of the season.
Jan 4, 5:40 PM

Oct 2017
Honestly we all had this type of fantasy in mind to have ability like mc when something unpleasant happened to us
However, only Japan will waste their breathe on animating a self pandering type of fantasy into an actual anime lolz
Jan 4, 5:47 PM
Sep 2019
Holy crap that was dark. 😰
Jan 4, 5:49 PM

Mar 2013
Someone actually said "typical isekai" 🤭
They could never be mor... lmao 😏

Anyway, glad to see this series finally getting animated but there's a bit of frame loss for some scenes but it can be fixed for a BD release but it doesn't mean that they should lessen the effort animating the next episodes. However, adding censorship to a gore series is certainly disappointing. Where's the uncensored version...? lol

Although, this first episode was somehow disappointing in terms of "the urgency of getting away and trying to live", could've been better. There's not much or there's a lack of emphasis on the Instant Death Ability and they're just showing it in full view, in terms of animations and bgm, but the character VAs are somehow decent and probably equipped with the necessary skills to do their job. Especially the two main MCs.

That's pretty much all from me but if you really want to talk about the beautiful girl who killed two drivers just because she was a bit annoyed, it should be a rather unsettling experience in the source material but the way they animated it seems like a comedy gag. For now, I'll hold my breath. However, whether it goes either comedy or horror or simply both, it's welcome.

OwO
CrazyButNot4UJan 4, 6:18 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 4, 6:00 PM
Aug 2021
I really like generic OP MC isekais in general.

However, on this first episode, I felt the emotional representaion of characters to be extremely out of sync on whatever was happening around them.

"Gets transported to another world, attacked by a dragon, one classmate impaled and another one lacerated to death" and the character is slightly irritated like if they missed homework... very far from a traumatizing experience.

The other "Powered up" classmates have a 180degree switch in psyche, inmediatelly adapt to a new estoicly cold and calculating persona upon receiving "power gifts" and none seem bothered at all about being ISEKAI'd and the two grown ups being beheaded by the one bestowing powers because of a WIM.

It feels like a complete lack of emotional continuity with their situation and that puts me off a little.
Jan 4, 6:00 PM

Feb 2011
Author - "Hmm, this looks like a generic character, how do we make him special... Add two weird blue thingies to his hair."

Stupid ass design.

Seriously dumb looking, but i will give it a chance, because female MC is cute and it seems... like an okay show.

Jan 4, 6:25 PM

Nov 2012
They need the healer as a pack mule. Without "the system they'll have to carry everything.
Jan 4, 6:42 PM

Apr 2021
“But it’s probably something not worth worrying about”

Famous last words…

Here comes the male MC with “instant death ability” 😎
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 4, 6:42 PM
Apr 2023
Nice intro, I can't believe this got an anime before I got to dive into its manga adaptation.
Jan 4, 6:52 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Mainnus
Initial thought: generic Isekai at it finest.

The lack of situational gravity really bother me, some aspects are briefly explain yes, but most of it treated as inconsequential.

Transported to another world yet barely reacting to the fact, even with prior experiences, it should still warrant some remarks.

Hopefully things will be more nuanced in the future. If not, this series gonna get stale fast.
@Mainnus

😂 I’m having fun watching this silly show that is meant to entertain people with its outlandish behavior

😅 But you want an academy award wining script

Relax and go along for the ride, you are too serious and overthinking this

Oh and the main male character not reacting, that is part of the humor

And he has a ridiculously OP “instant death ability” that he used to kill people as a kid, don’t think much is going to shake that teen
ejleonJan 4, 7:16 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 4, 6:55 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Letothend
People dying left and right but almost no one bats an eye. I think only the teacher and driver acted like a normal human for the few seconds they lived. The whole class just decides without ANY remorse or hesitation to start murdering classmates? No one even questions the magic and being in another world? This defined a new low as the worst isekai I have ever seen.
@Letothend

Actually they were all in shock, they all reacted at the killings, and they were quiet of fear of dying

Than when they were to be spared and given power, they were happy and looked down on those without

They reacted exactly like many people in the world, you just have not the knowledge or experience to know this

Jan 4, 6:57 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to dadnaya
Where's the funny I was promised? :(
@dadnaya this was hilarious … I was dying with laughter

How did you miss it

Jan 4, 6:57 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Sokah
Wow that was stupid. Can't believe anyone found anything about that funny.
@Sokah it was hilarious, you are just to stiff

Jan 4, 6:58 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to GizzyWizzy
Not off to a good start when every character shown but the MC is annoying as well as visually boring.
@GizzyWizzy how did you miss that this was done intentionally?
ejleonJan 4, 10:18 PM

Jan 4, 7:00 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to siegcc
Pacing is bad, animation is bad, story is bad, music is bad. Everything about doesn't have any passable traits, It's just a edgy anime for moody teenagers.
@siegcc wow that was the most triggered response on the forum … this person woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Oh … what you said is false

Jan 4, 7:07 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Apratim
Feels like a plot written by a 10 year old kid lol. The comedy is so bad, such lame humour. And those killing scenes are censored bruhh, animation average af. I don't know what to feel about this show lmao. Only interesting stuff is his ability
@Apratim

Whatever 10 year wrote this is a genius 🤣

The comedy and humor were on point for those who get it

Censoring added to imagining how gruesome it was, it is so awful they could show it

Animation is good for this for fun isekai

I love it already

The male MC and his ability are written perfectly

Jan 4, 7:09 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to nferocious76
The first episode made me want to drop this anime entirely. The development is shitty cliche and no life. Character's are like shit that dies easily without then giving a f*** of what's happening and mixing some cliche flirt event and slap comedic act. There are a lot more better anime titles to watch and waste time.
@nferocious76 wow you just don’t get what’s going on

Jan 4, 7:13 PM

Apr 2021
It is hilarious to see these ridiculously unfair and judgmental comments about this show

These people act like they are some big shot critic, but they come off as arrogant nobodies that believe what they say is important, but it’s completely irrelevant.

I was enjoying this humorous and entertaining anime, that didn’t take itself too seriously, but is having fun with its characters and abilities

I’m definitely watching the series
ejleonJan 4, 7:19 PM

Jan 4, 7:50 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty good start.Yogiri is perhaps one of the strongest characters in fiction.We are going to see lot of VS threads after this.

To those saying it is generic isekai story,I will just say trust me this is not.This is a deconstruction of Isekai tropes.

Also the MC from Novels

Jan 4, 8:20 PM
Apr 2022
only seen first ep but i think the story will be about My Instant Death Ability is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me!
hiding the corpses with dark shades was a bit disappointing, not sure about the appeal of this anime maybe looking at the cool indifferent edgy MC killing off enemies all the while having his arm pressed by his chick. dk debating whether to drop this or not. average start
Jan 4, 8:27 PM

Jul 2014

Isekai! Isekai! Isekai!

I gave this show a chance because the main girl interested me well enough in the trailer, I needed more Miyu Tomita after Karane. But once watched, this first episode ended up being surprisingly more fun than I expected.

Yui Horie's character casually showing up and killing the only two adults lol. Yeah... I don't think she's going to be the most likable.

And the classmates, oh God, the classmates. What a bunch of assholes. Though, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the leader's somewhat suspicious ability, we'll see.

Unexpected group of classmates who had already been there and defeated the demon lord though... Creepy bunch of assholes, thankfully mostly dead now.

I feel that Dannoura was much calmer than she should have been with the dead bodies of her classmates around xD. Also, she was waiting for a more romantic answer as to why our MC was protecting her. Not today, girl, the answer is BOOBS.
SkyLETVJan 4, 8:47 PM
Jan 4, 8:45 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to ejleon
@GizzyWizzy how did you miss that this was done intentionally?
@ejleon If this is what they want for their target audience, then cool.
Jan 4, 8:51 PM

May 2019
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
something tells me MC is from that world given how he already has his own powers. i wonder what that sketchy mage, shion, is up to. she needs to be dealt the instant death curse by MC lol
@LeenPhoenixRae
Ah so you're watching this show too. I agree with what you said about the MC being from that world since he was so calm and like you said that he knew about his power. Plus those 3 arrogant jerks that flew back to the bus said that they had been in that world before too.

I thought this show had a decent start and while the MC's ability is OP I'm curious to see what happens, and on a side note I think this show may need a comedy tag as it had some silly moments.
Jan 4, 9:51 PM

Mar 2008
Not funny. Got a single mild snicker. Actually could have gotten a laugh out of me if the dragon had impaled one of the students with it's dick ...now that would have been hilarious but no it was just the tail Or something. The censorship is some of the worst ive seen. Heads presumably exploding but you dont even see a speck of blood and fucking black bars everywhere. For fuck sake. I dont know if I should bother trying to give it another episode.
Jan 4, 9:52 PM

Apr 2021
SkyLETV said:

Isekai! Isekai! Isekai!

I gave this show a chance because the main girl interested me well enough in the trailer, I needed more Miyu Tomita after Karane. But once watched, this first episode ended up being surprisingly more fun than I expected.

Yui Horie's character casually showing up and killing the only two adults lol. Yeah... I don't think she's going to be the most likable.

And the classmates, oh God, the classmates. What a bunch of assholes. Though, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the leader's somewhat suspicious ability, we'll see.

Unexpected group of classmates who had already been there and defeated the demon lord though... Creepy bunch of assholes, thankfully mostly dead now.

I feel that Dannoura was much calmer than she should have been with the dead bodies of her classmates around xD. Also, she was waiting for a more romantic answer as to why our MC was protecting her. Not today, girl, the answer is BOOBS.

Well written … thanks for the good read

Jan 4, 9:55 PM

Apr 2021
traed said:
Not funny. Got a single mild snicker. Actually could have gotten a laugh out of me if the dragon had impaled one of the students with it's dick ...now that would have been hilarious but no it was just the tail Or something. The censorship is some of the worst ive seen. Heads presumably exploding but you dont even see a speck of blood and fucking black bars everywhere. For fuck sake. I dont know if I should bother trying to give it another episode.

You are truly demented 😅

I was laughing a lot and rooting for the cool MC

Sad you can’t appreciate fun things in life

Jan 4, 10:19 PM
Mar 2014
Read the manga ages ago kinda excited for this adaptation, not expecting much but the voice and animation is good enough
Isekai without benevolent God/Goddess is a fresh in a while
that Shion sage is annoying AF
Revenge to classmate will be legendary
Jan 4, 10:20 PM

Apr 2021
GizzyWizzy said:
@ejleon If this is what they want for their target audience, then cool.

It could be so you don’t feel bad when the MC is using “instant death” on them? 😅

The audience says “kill those awful people” 💀

Jan 4, 10:41 PM
Jan 2024
I thought this would be a good anime this season but no, the first episode was very disappointing.
The worst anime I've ever seen.
Jan 4, 11:30 PM
Aug 2018
interesting, happy to see what will happend next
Jan 5, 12:02 AM
May 2016
Does this have a history?
Or is it just a walking broken power?
Most likely reading the spoilers it's the second one, this has no story if you already know how everything around the main character is going to end...
Jan 5, 12:04 AM
Dec 2020
Honestly i got a lot of complaints but the one im most pissed about

THE CENSORED GORE
Jan 5, 12:28 AM
Jan 2019
Well, the characters don't react too much about being teleported to another place and those who already been there also don't say much, don't care much at all..

It's a slow start, very slow to be honest and the first part where the mc starts in the Memory that caught my attention more than the rest of the episode to be honest..

a 3/10 and because i can't put 2.5
Jan 5, 1:01 AM

Feb 2008
Nothing much to say that is a lot of things that are lacking in this episode. Even the manga has a better follow up.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 5, 1:19 AM

Dec 2018
Not bad for a first episode. Of course a young man would be swayed by soft oppai lol. He's a cold son of a gun for sure, but I might have made similar decisions. Perhaps did her spell not work because he was asleep? Or is it something outside of their usual system? I'd hate to have a power like that. I prefer to be a healer, I can't imagine how tough it must be to weild the power of death.
Jan 5, 2:06 AM

Mar 2018
2nd worst 1st episode of an isekai after Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja
Jan 5, 4:31 AM

Aug 2019
What disappointed me was the censorship, the animation was as expected so I still enjoyed it.
Jan 5, 4:32 AM
Aug 2017
This isekai is..complete trash and yet somehow I found some kind of enjoyment in it. I was taken aback by the whole death situation xD honestly I think it would've given it a more goreish aura if the protagonist killing off characters wasnt portrayed like a "joke". I will tune in again. It's nothing special, a classic isekai.

Also not a fan of the opening song.
Jan 5, 6:31 AM

Dec 2011
Definitely not the greatest but still liked it.

Most OP MC has some kind of moral dilemma in using their power so it's entertaining to see Takato will kill anyone if they're potentially threatening.
Jan 5, 7:03 AM
Jun 2019
MC actually kill people already better than most isekai MC
Jan 5, 7:08 AM

Nov 2013
lol i thought i was gonna hate this anime cause of the instakill ability... but that's actually the one part that i find funny in this episode
someone being a dick? DIE! lolol

the girl is more or less cute, but thats about it, i didn't find her funny at all...
the sage tho, "my joke bombed so i killed the driver"... OK LOL
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 5, 8:11 AM

Jan 2014
The opening is quite unique and very catchy. But this is the best I can say about this one.
Jan 5, 8:49 AM
Aug 2020
i tried but it's not for me

i did not feel somether special
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 5, 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
Experiencing this story in animated medium is much more fulfilling.
Jan 5, 9:50 AM
Apr 2021
death battle anime has arrived. I've read the LN. The most enjoyable thing about this series is the battles, especially with the good battle animation, I'm looking forward to it happening in animation. all the op powers you can imagine are in this series and of course they lose to mc. Even after going through an epic battle between fellow OPs, if they meet the MC they will immediately die. All the human vices of having OP powers are present in all the characters besides the mc so it's very satisfying when they are killed off.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

129 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 15, 2:11 AM

» I wish this got a season 2

Infinite23 - Mar 25

22 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 15, 2:08 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

112 by Awesomeness573 »»
Oct 11, 4:14 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7

50 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 30, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22

49 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Sep 6, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.