Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 3, 2023 8:28 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to Scootboi
this slap stick humor reminds me of Kono Healer Mendokusai!

It's great, i was laughing throughout the episode honestly

solid start to the series.
@Scootboi Exactly that's why this isnt quite cup of tea for everyone. But when it hit, it hit harder and i liked it.

Oct 3, 2023 11:55 PM

Dec 2022
I love Alyssa already. The voice actress does her screams so well.
Oct 4, 2023 1:42 AM
Mar 2012
surprise it's decently funny.
Nana & angela in a sol show is super unusual, both fun songs.
Their cute & laser beam taste matches the famed laser kiwi, but phoenix is not too bad.
Oct 4, 2023 5:03 AM
May 2023
whelp, that felt... groomy. 😬
Oct 4, 2023 9:20 PM
Sep 2016
Holy Sh*t! Just listened to the full ED "Welcome!" by Angela, the sh*t's FIRE! There's also some random spanish bantering as bridge: "SIEMPRE!"

As per usual, Angela doesn't care what common sense means. Angela do whatever they wants. You only have the options of either liking it or VERY liking it!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Oct 4, 2023 11:06 PM

Sep 2018
Excellent comedy this episode. Loved the hilarious man giving the loli candy joke as a pick up attempt. The Pheonix is hilarious! Solid 5/5 this episode!
Oct 5, 2023 12:23 AM
Mar 2017
I only lasted a few minutes, to the marketplace scene, at which point my cringe level reached peak and I could watch no more.
Oct 5, 2023 7:59 PM

Apr 2016
Surprisingly funny.
Oct 10, 2023 1:41 PM

May 2021
Was a good first episode.
Oct 13, 2023 8:16 PM

Feb 2019
i guess the phoenix became her familiar one way or the other lol
Oct 15, 2023 8:23 AM
May 2011
I'll pass on this because of the N.
Oct 17, 2023 2:36 AM

Jan 2017
Viola's a bit too childish for 16 y/o but I'll let it slide as she's the only adopted daughter of Alyssa.

What even is Phoenix lmao
Oct 20, 2023 4:04 AM
Mar 2023
Lolly's mother and her son with a body
What kind of viewers would this anime appeal to?
Oct 28, 2023 12:59 AM

Apr 2011
Yep. This episode is really funny. The phoenix's look and voice cracks me up.

Also the singers of OP and ED are my faves.

Definitely watching this show.
Nov 4, 2023 2:47 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I liked all of this except the way they went about animating the boob humor. Like it was a bit much. One jiggle gets it across fine without being too weird. All those jiggles and the poke and just how long that even went on was just kinda uncomfortable considering she's 16 years old.;;

The rest of the episode was fine though! Like, I thought it was sweet and cute that Viola learned to care for things, not make hasty decisions, and not just summon things willy nilly in the end. She even got the consequence of having to KEEP the phoenix. Though to be honest, phoenix is about to help carry the show. I love the phoenix-- it definitely helped bring out Viola's good character traits. I hope things learned stick though! But yeah, being able to watch this instead of read was nice! Also, the transitions were cute and all, but maybe they happen a bit too frequently?

Ah right, and then Alyssa! I appreciate how she does have motherly advice and such and tries. She did tell Viola no when things became too much or tried to reel in her behavior every now and then. I especially liked that she gave Viola food for thought to consider as more of a life lesson going forward. Like, nice little episode once the boob humor passed!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 11, 2023 1:39 AM

May 2015
Its nice to finally have an anime about mother/daughter. I remember reading the first 2 chapters of this way back in 2019.

Her calling her "mama" is really cute.

Shame its another skip OP. Most of the OPs these days are just ok or meh. Its the EDs that are good. (When I bother to stick around to listen to them lol)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 26, 2023 2:57 PM

Mar 2013
what a cute and funny mother.
Jan 2, 12:26 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to DarknessReality
Its nice to finally have an anime about mother/daughter. I remember reading the first 2 chapters of this way back in 2019.

Her calling her "mama" is really cute.

Shame its another skip OP. Most of the OPs these days are just ok or meh. Its the EDs that are good. (When I bother to stick around to listen to them lol)
@DarknessReality not sure about mother/daughter thing, she seems to confuse something else to daughter thing considering how she is sometimes, like loving her more then daughter but not realizing that :D

so the mother/daughter thing is sus :D
Jan 2, 7:35 PM

Nov 2009
This is the series where saying "I would bang the daughter" is legit, LOL.

But saying "I would bang the mother" would be Lolicon, LOL

Tho... for being 16... she sure does have a very "adult" body... most 16s in other series actually looks 16 (humans I mean, not witch age)

And that chicken, I mean... phoenix... and... pa...pa? (phoenix's afraid of pickles? HUH?)

Cats are fluff-fluff indeed, but Viola's (---Y---) are also fluff-fluff

Luna's familiars.... really?

___ ___ ___

Seems like this is going to be a VERY random events and scenario series huh...
amlgJan 2, 7:56 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 3, 3:46 PM
Dec 2021
If I had a coin for every time I picked up an anime thinking it'd be a cute fantasy but it turned out to be incel core, i'd have two coins..

Imagine sexualising and infantilasing a girl at the same time....yikes
Mar 1, 6:28 PM

Aug 2019
i do like a character like viola who is really fond of whoever took care of them despite not being their parent. otherwise the episode itself felt like a bunch of short clips blobbed together
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 9:00 AM

Jun 2022
Somewhat Amusing , That Bob Cut Is My Type . So , Watching Atleast 6th Episode I Guess.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Any chance for season 2?

DekuxUraraka - Apr 14

4 by FFTHEWINNER »»
Aug 19, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 10, 2023

41 by MegaPopi »»
May 21, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Nov 5, 2023

30 by nyaasar »»
Apr 26, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Oct 22, 2023

30 by Shirowhite01 »»
Apr 9, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 15, 2023

29 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 25, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.