Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 31, 2019 8:03 AM
Aug 2019
Why such the low score?
Aug 31, 2019 8:05 AM

Mar 2018
I gave it a score of 2. Why i've given it such a low score you ask. Because watching that anime, for the most part, felt like a chore.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 1, 2019 12:00 PM

May 2012
Because people have shit taste

It should be rated at least 7.0
Sep 1, 2019 12:13 PM
Aug 2019
Luchse75 said:
I gave it a score of 2. Why i've given it such a low score you ask. Because watching that anime, for the most part, felt like a chore.

But.. what did you not like about it?
Sep 1, 2019 12:14 PM
Aug 2019
thepath said:
Because people have shit taste

It should be rated at least 7.0

Ikr. Most people on mal have completely shit taste.
People rate the mom isekai a 1/10 like WHY. People rate isekai 1/10 for just being isekai, even if they have an original twist people still rate it 1/10
Sep 1, 2019 12:20 PM

Mar 2018
DanLikesAnimu said:
Luchse75 said:

But.. what did you not like about it?

Characters feel extremely bland and unlovable. Story is nothing special and the idea of having to help people so they could turn human was laughable to me. One thing i do like is the noir feel it has. I think i'm 2 episodes behind so i'll have to catch up with what happened. Maybe i even end up liking it in the end, who knows.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 30, 2019 10:55 AM

Sep 2019
DanLikesAnimu said:
Why such the low score?

That is an easy question to answer, the whole thing seems structured in a episodic way similar to ghost stories or scooby doo, new bad guy every episode, they present it at the start of the episode, at last on 6 of the 7 eps i watched.

The characters that are not the 3 protagonists and the detective girl are just a caricature of a caricature on how simple they are, they are not people at all, the voice acting of those characters isn't good either which is really bad, the way the characters move and everything its just too simple for someone that already watched other action animes or other animes in general, it has no charm in most of the animation.

Overall is a edgier kinda better ghost stories in the way its structured, it doesn't bring anything special to the table of action, drama or any of the genres that it covers, which is not bad, one don't have to do the best of a category but just good enough in order to accomplishes what it wants to do, and this anime fails on that. Its really sad, i had high expectations about this anime, the synopsis made it seem as a good concept to do a good Seinen but they sticked to make a boring forgettable anime with dull action scenes at last for the 7 episodes i watched, I hope the quality of writing and everything just so it can shut my mouth and tell me "i told you go watch the full thing before leaving a critic".

Edit: I know the main cast have a progresion every episode on how they change the way of them seeing the world and things in general but that is not enough for me, sadly.
Carpal_Tunnel69Sep 30, 2019 10:59 AM
Sep 30, 2019 11:11 AM

Apr 2013
cuz they don't like gud stuff.
Oct 5, 2019 5:11 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Admittedly, I've felt like the show has moved at a slow and seemingly aimless pace, BUT I'm happy to say that we've been seeing the fruits of our labor start to pay off in these last few episodes. We've actually started to see our main characters change. Sadly, for some viewers, it might be a bit too late.

Even then, I think the changes have been a slow, gradual change. Some might even wonder if it's enough or worth the wait.

It's not an awful show though. Right now it's at 6.03/10. A 6 means "fine" which is just about what this show would be described as at the moment.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 5, 2019 5:23 PM
Jul 2019
Because a lot of people are stupid and they would rate anime like aot a 9 and give Bem a 6
Oct 5, 2019 5:23 PM
Jul 2019
Because a lot of people are stupid and they would rate anime like aot a 9 and give Bem a 6
Oct 5, 2019 5:25 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Swiggy said:
Admittedly, I've felt like the show has moved at a slow and seemingly aimless pace, BUT I'm happy to say that we've been seeing the fruits of our labor start to pay off in these last few episodes. We've actually started to see our main characters change. Sadly, for some viewers, it might be a bit too late.

Even then, I think the changes have been a slow, gradual change. Some might even wonder if it's enough or worth the wait.

It's not an awful show though. Right now it's at 6.03/10. A 6 means "fine" which is just about what this show would be described as at the moment.

Usually yeah, 6.03 would be fine but... with MAL standards this rating is pretty shit.
Oct 6, 2019 10:02 AM

Jul 2017
There's always something called the "tried-and-true" method.

MAL's rating are always NOT indicative of the final score @DatRandomDude I hear your worries

Some shows work because of the formula it was given, much more from original work such as these to experiment what's good and what's not. And I dare say that it tired to be something different, and yes, I see the payoff coming soon within the final episodes, but as a whole, I cannot comment how much it was boredom trying to watch this. Different tastes, I know.

But then again, the ending is the make or break moment as always.
Oct 11, 2019 8:18 PM

Sep 2019
I think i didn't express myself well on that post i left, so i'll try to redo it, basically my expectations after reading the synopsis was really good, I really like the concept but after watching now 11 episodes of this because i want to finish it, the "good part" that starts around ep 8 its still not good enough to save the show, the whole thing seems like it was written by a 14 years old in depth of story and characters, they try to put a secret society and shit like that, and a anime from this season that managed to pull this right is Babylon, which manages to give that feeling right, and also with a really e p i c animation.

Overall it was a disappointment because i wasn't expecting something this basic and "bad", i was expecting something with a more serious tone and better story and animation but instead i got a mediocre anime, that is why I'm angry, its the only show that have disappointing me this year that is started to watch anime again after years of inactivity.
Oct 13, 2019 9:29 AM

Mar 2016
The last stretch of episodes DID NOT help much, either, cause now they're just trying to rush into some half-decent serial plot involving all 3 protagonists. However, the damage via bland showcasing of character progression, core themes, and visual choreography is just too much to give it a benefit of the doubt. There is also not even a sense of deep-seated symbolism at all, tbh, since the plot has been mostly aimless.
Oct 16, 2019 8:28 AM

Oct 2008
A 6/10 from me, the one thing it has going for it is that it's a re-adaptation of an old classic anime. I am happy about all of them by the by. Doesn't matter if their re-adaptations or sequels and prequels, it's just refreshing to see some love for the classics.

Bem
Kino
Gundam Origin
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Hunter x Hunter 2011
Boogiepop
Cardcaptor Sakura clear card-hen
Dororo
Young Black jack
Saiyuuki reload blast
Full Metal Panic invisible victory
Jigoku shoujo yoi no togi
Oct 18, 2019 6:09 PM
May 2017
DanLikesAnimu said:
People rate the mom isekai a 1/10 like WHY. People rate isekai 1/10 for just being isekai, even if they have an original twist people still rate it 1/10
The mom isekai is fucking trash. There are good isekais and this show is not one of them. Imagine saying other people have shit taste then like this blatant incest bait garbage.
May 22, 2021 11:50 PM
Jun 2016
JackGoff said:

So if you like AOT and not this anime that makes you stupid?

What is stupid is that if you don't like an anime why do you keep watching it? Just to act like a twat or is it so you can just give it low scores because you just don't like it?

Anime fans like you are just hypocrites
May 25, 2021 3:34 PM
Aug 2009
Youll learn a lot of people on here are pretty trash. If you like it, go for it. But I rarely listen to the masses on here. Some shows that are rated super high and subpar while some shows that are decent are low scores.
Apr 13, 2023 9:03 PM
Oct 2019
Taifood said:
this blatant incest bait garbage.
bem is incest-y?

i haven't watched it yet. but this would make me keep it that way
May 15, 2023 7:12 AM

Oct 2020
HagePotPotato said:
Taifood said:
this blatant incest bait garbage.
bem is incest-y?

i haven't watched it yet. but this would make me keep it that way
Last time I saw it was two years ago, so my memory may not be the best, but I don't remember Bem bringing up or even referring to this topic, and I don't know where that person got such an idea from. 

Bem is just very average and can't offer anything interesting. The plot was schematic, and anime never explained most of the things. Characters were bland and undeveloped. But it's not as bad as this score could suggest. I've seen a lot of anime with similar flaws to Bem's with a score something between 7-7.50.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bem Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

31 by iSoye »»
Oct 13, 2023 12:30 AM

Poll: » Bem Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

14 by Stardew »»
Apr 10, 2022 7:20 PM

Poll: » Bem Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2019

13 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 2022 8:02 PM

Poll: » Bem Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2019

19 by Vindicater »»
Apr 7, 2022 6:34 AM

Poll: » Bem Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2019

20 by Vindicater »»
Apr 3, 2022 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.