Forum Settings
Forums

The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Anytime, Anywhere with Cinderella. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2016 6:57 AM

May 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was great to see the girls again. Start was a little bit weird, but funny. So we get to see the girls in all kind of different moments.

O, Rin. Giving the chocolate to your dog. How sweet~

Overall, a fun watch~
ReverberateApr 3, 2016 7:01 AM

Apr 3, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2010
This was so much fun! So glad to see them all back again!

It's hilarious how they always fit a joke about Nana's age XD

Seeing Koume and Ranko interacting was so cute, I think they'd make a great unit together.
Uzuki wanting to change her image was cute as well, but she's already pretty with her current style! I'm glad she realized that ^^ (can we talk about Rin's excellent fashion sense, though?)

And was I the only one who noticed Uzuki panicking when she thought Rin had someone she liked? And I was probably the one hoping for Rin to give her chocolate to Uzuki too XD Oh well... at the end it was for her dog (that's sweet, but no good, as chocolate can be toxic for animals)

I wish we could've seen a scene dedicated to Miku and Riina though! they're my favorite unit in the anime.

Anyway, a really nice OVA. I wish the whole series was like this!
May 2, 2016 4:35 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
sweetdrops said:
at the end it was for her dog (that's sweet, but no good, as chocolate can be toxic for animals)

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe she didn't actually use chocolate...?

(I immediately, but very briefly, wondered if they were for Producer-san, then figured that wouldn't fit in a segment that short.)

sweetdrops said:
Anyway, a really nice OVA. I wish the whole series was like this!
Well, much of the series was about how they were all struggling to get to this point of working so well with each other.
May 3, 2016 4:56 AM

May 2009
Jesus Christ, Don't feed dogs with chocolate. It's poisonous for them, it can kill small ones.
May 3, 2016 6:12 PM

Apr 2012
Okay.
I totally enjoyed this more than the actual anime! I love it.
ESPECIALLY THE MOVIE!
Absolute NIne was stuck in my head since listening to it in Starlight Stage and to hear it here is pretty nice.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 14, 2016 3:05 AM

Oct 2012
I think that's not a real chocolate
Because yeah, the locust bean thingy? xD

More Cinderella girls, can't complain
Though it's not that good, it's special.. So yeah! xD
"Signature removed"
May 15, 2016 9:19 PM

Sep 2015
Okay episode much like the whole series in general. Still prefer the first Idolmaster than Cinderella Girls. Did have a few funny parts, the producer repeating the same line as Uzuki is trying on different outfits and for some reason I found Chieri drumming more funny than it probably should have been.
Jun 8, 2016 8:56 AM

May 2014
I enjoyed this OVA , The interaction of Ranko and Koume was so cute
I enjoyed Uzuki's fashion show as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2016 12:13 PM
Jan 2016
This is serious. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs because it contains theobromine.

http://www.hillspet.com/en/us/dog-care/nutrition-feeding/is-chocolate-bad-for-dogs

This episode is actually really enjoyable, but I hope this episode would get banned because this episode showing a scene of feeding a dog a chocolate in innocent manner. That is dangerous.
supereyedropsJul 22, 2016 12:37 PM
Aug 9, 2016 5:53 AM
Jan 2016
After some research. This: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceratonia_siliqua (locust bean, carob powder) "The ripe, dried pod is often ground to carob powder, which is used to replace cocoa powder."

So yeah it seems like locust bean is not additional ingredients, but it replaces the chocolate.

So maybe it's not dangerous at all.
Oct 12, 2016 1:31 PM

May 2010
Very enjoyable! The characters interactions were bright and fun, also I felt that the overall bond is definitely there, even tho the girls are closer to their unit members. Loved pretty much everyone this ep. Uzuki was adorable and Mio was hilarious with her "I want to see them grow well even if its a one-pack" lmao
This needs a lighthearted 3rd season with more focus on the SoL aspect than some forced drama and that would go great. The girls are finally shining. Its like I am walking out of this fandom with a happy feeling despite feeling mixed throughout s1 and somewhat mixed about certain aspects of s2. I think CG was worth it in the end.
Would lovea S3 or at least a movie. Also wheres my beach ep when I actually need it gah

8/10! Would give it 9 if they showed producer on the beach in trunks no joke. Okay I want to see the rest of cast in swimsuits too esp Rika, Uzuki and Minami but My Heart is sold to the producer (not sorry)
TragicRomanceOct 12, 2016 1:38 PM
Dec 15, 2016 9:58 PM

Jul 2010
I wish the whole actual series was like this ova, it was so much more enjoyable with just silly fun with no drama and perfect balance between getting to know the characters and it was only 30mins long.
Jan 18, 2017 8:07 AM

May 2013
Anzu is so cute..

nice eps :D
made by bunnyama
Oct 8, 2018 9:30 PM

Apr 2012
sweetdrops said:
And was I the only one who noticed Uzuki panicking when she thought Rin had someone she liked? And I was probably the one hoping for Rin to give her chocolate to Uzuki too XD Oh well... at the end it was for her dog (that's sweet, but no good, as chocolate can be toxic for animals)

Yeah, I also noticed something at the beginning, lol. However, judging by the further development, she, like other girls, is fine with the idea that Rin may have feelings for the Producer.
Feb 9, 2020 10:41 PM

Jan 2011
stumbled across this "lost" episode so it was nice to get a bonus idol@master since we haven't gotten a new season ,honestly felt like it was better than most of the normal show i only wish we got more!
Aug 22, 2021 11:18 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty hilarious episode. The movie segment was the best.

You should never feed dogs with chocolate because It's poisonous for them.

SerafosApr 20, 2023 4:47 AM
Jun 14, 2022 4:05 AM

Aug 2018
So Chieri likes that drum rhythm game.. Wonder, if she would also be into playing drums, or if these things not necessary related.. Probably not, but still can be at times..
Many clothes suit Uzuki indeed.. Various styles..
Solving the mystery parts are one of the best in this anime.. ;P This time solving mystery, who is Rin giving chocolate to..
I like new Riina's phrase "it's the rock", when it's the best thing to do in her opinion.. ;P
I don't think chocolate is good for dogs.. I hope Rin's dog be fine.. Well, she looked up some healthy recipe exactly..
Oh, ok, so flying heart.. It makes sense.. I mean, it's a phrasing for be inspired, excited and stuff.. Fluttering heart, you can say..
I think, overall it's a better ending.. Well, I watched this episode right after season, it's included in BD, so I don't have problem with that, consider it a part of season personally.. I think it ends better, showing that girls still hang out and work together.. Rather than the shuffles we saw in the previous episodes.. I get that they showed it to show that even in the shuffles - girls grew to be stronger to withstand things like that, and will enjoy even them, if that's where future will take them.. But it was more better not as ending, and this episode was a nice ending for season..
Now what I thought about season overall.. I think I enjoyed the new idea of the influence of West topic.. Indeed some personalities can be lost in the progress in seeking reaching some image appealing to West.. I'm glad Japan still produces nice specific things, which are not trying to appeal to everyone.. But being fun for who enjoys such stuff..
I liked some dramas for characters.. Riina was developed more about rock, how she feels about it.. Miria and Mika about big sister role, Uzuki went through crisis, what's good in her as idol overall.. These dramas were enjoyable to me personally..
Both mysteries about Mayu and in this episode were nice..
There were also some things I didn't like too much, but I think I can see, what they did there.. Like I don't feel too strongly about some of concerts.. But it's idol show, so it's understandable we have it, there is no reason to complain about that for me, I feel, lol.. I think they were done well, music, art, and stuff.. No complaints.. Just that I felt at some places of this that some things are not solved, but idols have to shine.. So it was kind of hard to enjoy them as indeed some shining or something.. At times, not all of them..
Overall, I think I enjoyed the second season.. I grew to like some girls more.. Uzuki, Riina, Miria I grew to like more than I did before, I think.. And was nice to see someone who I already liked, like Miku.. Overall, season was nice to see in its' drama feel mostly.. I enjoyed the feel..
Oct 5, 2022 7:35 AM

Feb 2016
Ii to omoimasu⠀⠀⠀⠀
Mar 2, 2023 8:52 PM

Jul 2013
Now THIS is the kind of episode that I wanted, not the drama fest known as season 2. Too bad it's only 30 minutes.
May 5, 2023 9:40 PM

Feb 2021
I actually liked this special more than most episodes from season 2. 
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.