Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2023 12:49 AM

Feb 2020
That was a very nice concert. Good job, guys! You did it!

Feb 26, 2023 6:54 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
It was kind of refreshing to watch the journey of an idol group that never really makes it big – after all, that's reality for most of those who try. However, they still managed to frame those setbacks in a hopeful light: I really liked the idea that being able to change the actions of even just one person is proof that your work wasn't for nothing!
Feb 26, 2023 3:11 PM

Nov 2010
It's bittersweet to know that their journey as idols ends after their first big live concert (on top of other things like the company going bankrupt). But I'm wondering if the next episode is more of an epilogue to show us what happens to the cast after this. I really enjoyed the journey even when the inevitable was looming over them (ngl I was hoping for some sort of deus ex machina to save them because I wanted them to succeed), but I like that the staff went for something that was risky (middle-aged idols isn't really something you see often in anime afaik) and turned the 15 min episode series into something that was really enjoyable.
Feb 27, 2023 10:51 AM

May 2015
This is kind of stupid, to have them do the concert they were obviously not prepared for just because it's some pinnacle in the idol career. They could have worked hard for that small crowd in a smaller venue, but no, they had to sing on that particular stage with most of the seats empty. What is so important about Budokan? Just that particular stage? Of course, not. It means success to those who actually manage to gather so many fans. That's why everything seems pointless in the end. The company has to go bankrupt because of so many unsold tickets, and probably the tickets for Budokan were expensive in itself, and they didn't have enough fans to readily cover the costs.

So, I didn't like how that storyline went. The anime was meant to be motivating from the beginning, and the individual stories of the characters were nice, but they didn't succeed all that much after all. Which is realistic but I would have preferred if they just continued to strive for more gathering small concerts and gradually growing. Hoping to jump to Budokan right away was insane.
Mar 10, 2023 5:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least they could perform at the Budokan even with that limited amount of people it still looked good
Mar 20, 2023 8:53 PM

Nov 2012
I thought they time skipped and had filled the stadium during their 2nd song.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eternal Boys Episode 13 Discussion

Serafos - Dec 28, 2022

6 by AddaeAkono »»
Feb 16, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Eternal Boys Episode 22 Discussion

Serafos - Feb 25, 2023

2 by JohnDimension »»
Jan 28, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Eternal Boys Episode 12 Discussion

Serafos - Nov 24, 2022

10 by AddaeAkono »»
Jan 2, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Eternal Boys Episode 9 Discussion

Serafos - Nov 22, 2022

7 by hanyuhi16 »»
Sep 24, 2023 6:30 PM

Poll: » Eternal Boys Episode 18 Discussion

Serafos - Jan 26, 2023

3 by Thaliel »»
Sep 21, 2023 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.