Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2022 9:15 AM

Oct 2017
Glad to have the GOAT Nisio Isin back in jump.

Pretty interesting start, liked it. Character designs and artwork in general looked nice. Quite interested to see what direction this'll go in.
Nov 20, 2022 9:15 AM

Jan 2018
The goat Nisio Isin is back. And he's back with another banger with quirky set of casts and really interesting setting. The character design looks great. Off to a really solid start.
Nov 20, 2022 10:24 AM

Oct 2020
Nisio Isin back with another banger lets gooo
Nov 20, 2022 11:26 AM

Nov 2016
Not even slightly impressed. I hope the next few chapters can hook me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2022 12:28 PM
Oct 2019
This has to be the most messy and bullshit filled first chapter I've seen in a long time. Don't really have much hopes
Nov 20, 2022 2:15 PM
Mar 2019
My imposter syndrome feels validated. Thank you, NISIOISIN.
Nov 20, 2022 2:56 PM

Jul 2010
I really love NisioIsin, but his works are hit or miss. It could be 10/10 masterpiece, could be just a beautiful mess, can be something in between. Rn he is way too busy flexing his "mystery" skills (which are losing all of the charm for people who can't read kanji) instead of presenting an interesting story or likeable characters. Yet another "500 IQ genius" meets Naegi Makoto's lost brother who is bullied by Kiryuin Satsuki. I'll stick for few more chapters to see where it goes, but probably will end up dropping it just like the magical girl Risuka one. Not gonna lie, I would rather read 2nd season of Okitegami Kyoko, manga adaptation of Zaregoto or that novel, you know, the one with pregnant women playing battle royale, than this one.
Nov 20, 2022 5:26 PM

May 2010
Hope there are puzzles readers can solve without reading kanji. This was a fine first chapter but nothing ground breaking. I like mysteries and puzzles so hopefully this can scratch that itch.
Nov 20, 2022 7:12 PM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:

pls go read medaka box
das better anywyas
this is just nisio trying to be pretenious and see how much he can make the translator suffer kek
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Nov 20, 2022 7:50 PM

Oct 2016
The goat Nisio Isin is back to fuck with our brains, let's go! I ain't even gonna try to solve those cyphers, as long as I get the concept, I am good. Let's enjoy the ride, I hope it don't get axed. Not a fan of cryptocurrency in real life, but I think it's going to be interesting to see in a fictional series.

Praying for the translators though.
Nov 20, 2022 9:20 PM

Mar 2019
Really liked this, and thought that the character designs and art were really cool. I guess this is one of the only interesting series running in Jump at the moment. Kanji, mysteries and puzzles always fly over my head, although I can appreciate the effort that went into making them. Really looking forward to the next chapter.

Nov 20, 2022 11:18 PM

Jan 2020
Just wondering, is this another all-girl series? Seems to be a bunch of them lately
Nov 21, 2022 12:25 AM
Jun 2021
Animillion said:
Just wondering, is this another all-girl series? Seems to be a bunch of them lately
That short hair kid on the cover is boy.πŸ—Ώ
Nov 21, 2022 12:43 AM

Jan 2011
Translating it doesn't matter when it depends on knowing Japanese, among other thing, to solve anyway. Let's see what future puzzles hold.
Nov 21, 2022 1:40 AM
Oct 2020
Nisioisin’s work is so hard to translate into English. This doesn’t seem to be the exception. Regardless, this was a good first chapter. Looking forward to seeing these characters again.
Nov 21, 2022 2:10 AM
Sep 2021
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

pls go read medaka box
das better anywyas
this is just nisio trying to be pretenious and see how much he can make the translator suffer kek

theres 1 chapter and you're calling it pretentious
Nov 21, 2022 2:14 AM

Nov 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

pls go read medaka box
das better anywyas

I want to like this, it's just way too overblown for my taste and there hasn't been a moment of epiphany that makes me appreciate it even a little.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 21, 2022 4:08 AM
Mar 2022
A great interesting start, NisiOisin is at it again with his head spinning word-play of the japanese letters like kanji,etc. Though it sure is hard to understand it, but Nisio'd works will always be the goat and the best.
Nov 21, 2022 4:16 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

pls go read medaka box
das better anywyas

I want to like this, it's just way too overblown for my taste and there hasn't been a moment of epiphany that makes me appreciate it even a little.

knowing nisio, itll happen soon prob
unless he gets axed in 20 chaps kek
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Nov 21, 2022 4:22 AM

Nov 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

knowing nisio, itll happen soon prob
unless he gets axed in 20 chaps kek

I'm not one of his wankers 😢 The one who carried Monogatari for me was Shinbo

Nov 21, 2022 8:18 AM

Jul 2022
Them Nazi waifus do be hitting different.
Nov 21, 2022 8:19 AM

Jul 2022
On a more serious note, that was kind of a rough start, but I still have a lot of expectations from the series
Nov 21, 2022 4:54 PM

Jan 2016
Is Elon Musk going to make a cameo like Trump in Death Note (dans many other manga)?
Nov 21, 2022 7:02 PM

Aug 2020
It was an ok start. The art is a bit rough around the edges and the character designs are on the forgettable side so far, but I'm hopeful that it'll get better when the story picks up.

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Nov 21, 2022 7:22 PM
Mar 2021
it was good, obviously the references are harder to understand from a western perspect but it's still really good.
Nov 22, 2022 11:53 AM

Jul 2021
Not entirely sure how I feel about this one yet. I've enjoyed series where the core subject matter went over my head (like Akagi with its mahjong), so as long as this series is able to get me emotionally engaged with the characters and their thoughts, I'm fine with that.

Otherwise the art's pretty good, I enjoyed the dialogue, and the pacing was pretty snappy. I'm curious to see how this one develops.
Nov 22, 2022 7:50 PM

Feb 2015
What's the deal with the suprise "it's a boy"? Character clearly looks like a girl(he's even more feminine than the main character from Assassination Classroom).

Art is really good though, even if the story seems very bland and will probably become repetitive in just a few chapters.

Nisio Isin doesn't know how to show smart characters showing their wits without making it look unrealistic, at least this one makes a bit of sense bc the main character isn't actually smart, (s)he's just using the "smart glass" which solves 90% of the problem, then the other 10% becomes easy.
SteelingMaxNov 27, 2022 8:22 AM

Nov 24, 2022 7:21 PM
Nov 2022
Two words: disturbed and disappointed. The manga itself is disturbing because it brings up transgender and sexism discourse, while I believe that SHONEN magazine is no place for it. And I think Weekly Shonen Jump has made a very disappointing and unwise thing by allowing this serialisation. WSJ should stay more conservative. I hope this series won't last long and we will happily forget this weird experiment quite soon. Interesting story though.
Nov 26, 2022 8:56 AM

Dec 2016
I was kinda afraid glasses will be doing 100% of the job but it seems Iroha also use some brain.

Sw3at said:
Is Elon Musk going to make a cameo like Trump in Death Note (dans many other manga)?

It would be hilarious (especially if it was done unironically)... also smart glasses and cryptocurrency? is this 2016 and 2020 combined into one? lol

But honestly, most likely they were developing this story when about cryptocurrency people talked the most and thats why it is considered as big thing here.... I hope for some NFT references xD
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 27, 2022 4:25 AM
Oct 2020
Barberzone said:
Two words: disturbed and disappointed. The manga itself is disturbing because it brings up transgender and sexism discourse, while I believe that SHONEN magazine is no place for it. And I think Weekly Shonen Jump has made a very disappointing and unwise thing by allowing this serialisation. WSJ should stay more conservative. I hope this series won't last long and we will happily forget this weird experiment quite soon. Interesting story though.

Massive cope, dude.
Nov 27, 2022 8:20 AM

Feb 2015
EmmyMoomin said:
Barberzone said:

Massive cope, dude.
It's probably just a joke.

Nov 27, 2022 8:46 AM
Oct 2020
SteelingMax said:
EmmyMoomin said:

Massive cope, dude.

Then that would make me a fool and I’ll accept that L if it’s the case.

I’ve seen dumber things said in complete sincerity, though.
Dec 15, 2022 3:35 AM
Dec 2008
Interesting idea, but I dunno about the execution, not really excited by reading the first chapter.
Dec 18, 2022 10:21 PM

Jul 2014
I don't get the puzzle.

From the start, looks like a crosswords with one vertical hint and a lot of horizontal ones which are missing words.

The vertical hint is immediate. It asks for Iroha's name and in English or Japanese you can only fit it in one column. So...

1. How did Iroha figure out that the first horizontal clue was "A job with ships" before using the glasses?
2. How were people figuring out the rest?
3. How did Iroha figure out the rest when after putting t he glasses on the only thing that was glowing was the column for her name, which was the one thing you can really figure out without any effort? I mean besides the last row which is pretty obvious.
LeviathanTheEspDec 18, 2022 10:24 PM
Jan 13, 2023 9:58 PM

Apr 2019
This shit is boring garbage lol. Nisio Isin should stick to novels. He is not good at making manga. His writing style just doesn't translate to manga very well. This shit will be cancelled soon.
May 17, 2023 12:41 AM
Nov 2022
EmmyMoomin said:
SteelingMax said:

I really mean what I said.
I didn't read previous Nisio Isin's works, maybe they are better, IDK. But this particular one is off-putting to me. Some people just happen to honestly NOT like the same manga as you. Deal with it.
May 17, 2023 5:12 PM
Oct 2020
Barberzone said:
EmmyMoomin said:

I really mean what I said.
I didn't read previous Nisio Isin's works, maybe they are better, IDK. But this particular one is off-putting to me. Some people just happen to honestly NOT like the same manga as you. Deal with it.

It’s not that deep
May 21, 2023 9:31 PM

Nov 2012
FMmatron said:

Neither am I. 
Did you get hooked?
May 23, 2023 1:19 PM

Nov 2016
dragynfaerie said:
FMmatron said:

Neither am I. 
Did you get hooked?

Don't bother if you're not feeling it from the get go

May 24, 2023 7:20 PM

Nov 2012
FMmatron said:
dragynfaerie said:

Neither am I. 
Did you get hooked?

Don't bother if you're not feeling it from the get go

Thank you my dear. I will take your advice. 
Jun 4, 2023 3:48 AM

Jan 2013
haha! anti-cryptobros keep seething and coping at this memepilled manga. seems like the normiefilter is working as intended.

More topics from this board

» Ending next chapter

ARK-13 - Jan 30

2 by SteelingMax »»
Sep 24, 3:12 AM

» 59 pages special chapter in jump+

Shironasu - Apr 30

4 by Shironasu »»
May 30, 5:54 AM

Poll: » Angou Gakuen no Iroha Chapter 24 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 21, 2023

5 by CronoGlasses »»
Mar 29, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Angou Gakuen no Iroha Chapter 58 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 4

7 by p-90 »»
Feb 5, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Angou Gakuen no Iroha Chapter 57 Discussion

Nieznajomy43 - Jan 28

3 by EmmyMoomin »»
Jan 28, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.