Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 4, 2022 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
Dunno about u fine lads but Itsuki was best girl and my entire winter is ruined by her not winning
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Nov 4, 2022 2:23 PM
Jan 2022
the movie was good but seriously wtf was that with the ending, I think the fact that it was a dream was completely absurd If they had finished the movie in the honeymoon scene it would be worst. Seriously I don't understand the logic behind showing that it was all a dream although the manga ended with Yotsuba being the winner and all. If they did want to choose any other girl they should have done the same. What a letdown. (7/10) was 8 before the "grand revelation" dream. And it's true that suddenly giving the girl a sad backstory in order to justify the heroine was horrible.
Nov 4, 2022 3:20 PM
Feb 2015
@NaughtySempai Thank you! He never even finds out that Yotsuba is the original Rena from 5 years ago in Kyoto. They really needed to have Yotsuba reveal this very important detail. Maybe then I could have gotten onboard.
Nov 5, 2022 2:24 AM

Apr 2020
MrSexyPants said:
@NaughtySempai Thank you! He never even finds out that Yotsuba is the original Rena from 5 years ago in Kyoto. They really needed to have Yotsuba reveal this very important detail. Maybe then I could have gotten onboard.

yeah that's the main problem
getting over past is all good
but if author gonna make past girl as a winner then it doesnt make sense to hide it , since it can add more credibility to futarou's choice of choosing yotsuba

if yotsuba has revealed her secret then i could understand futarou's decision to some extend (i would be still unhappy ) and could have accepted it
Nov 10, 2022 6:46 AM
Mar 2020
Alright, I'm reviving this thread briefly because I have a PSA:

TomboyTamer said:
Mercy_maya6 said:
or because the character with the least development won and it feels cheap like battle anime last minute powerups to save the day.

Oh look! Another person that upset that her favorite girl didn't win.

kuddlesworth said:
Best girl wins, suck it up.

It's because of people like these two that discussion around this movie is so fucking toxic. Don't be like these guys.

There is a myriad of valid criticisms toward both the writing and the bride choice. Brushing off detractors of this film and series as butthurt is *not* how you validate any of the series' positive attributes.
Nov 10, 2022 7:25 AM
Apr 2022
snetygun said:

TomboyTamer said:

Oh look! Another person that upset that her favorite girl didn't win.

kuddlesworth said:
Best girl wins, suck it up.

It's because of people like these two that discussion around this movie is so fucking toxic. Don't be like these guys.

There is a myriad of valid criticisms toward both the writing and the bride choice. Brushing off detractors of this film and series as butthurt is *not* how you validate any of the series' positive attributes.

And people like you need to accept the facts that your best girl didn't win. Stop capping.
Nov 11, 2022 2:15 PM
Jul 2020
acrópolis said:
If you watched the show well enough you would know that Yotsuba was a likely contender and here’s why (disclaimer: I am anime-only, and some of the reasons here are in my opinion and some are based off the show)

1. The second season hit us with the deep backstory bs and i know, i know, we all hate when backstory gets in the way of actual logic but it was bound to happen the moment the show made it clear that Futaro had met one of the quintuplets when he was little. It was also hinted heavily that Yotsuba was the one he met back then.

2. The fact that someone dressed up as Itsuki and kissed Futaro in the last episode of season 2 was enough to narrow down who the main contender was. Miku could get the dress up accurately but wouldn’t be brave enough and wouldn’t feel right doing that, couldn’t be Itsuki cus of her more friendly relationship with Futaro (I’ll get more into this in the next reason), so the only three quintuplets that could possibly do this are Ichika, Nino and Yotsuba and i’ll give reasons why he couldn’t have worked out with the other two.

3. Based off each of their relationships with Futaro, Yotsuba always had the deepest one even ignoring the fact they met years ago. Scenes such as the playground swing scene or her confession scene in season 1 showed how friendly and real their relationship was, it showed they didn’t need it to look like she was madly in love with him all the time to be close. She was literally the only sister that didn’t hate him at first and was real and friendly with him all through. Itsuki was basically the mature one and mother figure of the sisters and you could tell she wasn’t really focused on love or anything serious with Futaro most of the time, although she did develop feelings later on, Nino literally hated him for a good half of the show and is a literal tsundere, if you really thought that would work out idk what to tell you, Ichika for the first half was really selfish, had a terrible personality and would literally do anything even betraying her sisters just to get Futaro, although she had good character development later on this really stained their relationship, so the only contenders left were Miku and Yotsuba, and if you asked me Miku was really cute and all, had a good relationship with him and everyone was rooting for her, i get it, but facts is he had the best relationship with Yotsuba.

4. Finally. in my opinion, the fact that he had the least on-screen interactions with Yotsuba, yet each scene they had together where really memorable, wholesome and deep really meant a lot. Yes in the movie, Miku had the best kiss scene, he also had a lot of amazing moments with the other sisters, but if you really watched this show you really cant come out and say Yotsuba wasnt a contender from the start and call it ‘a weird ending’ just based off the fact she was the least liked sister or your least favourite girl, cmon man.

I totally agree with you.
Nov 19, 2022 6:32 AM
Aug 2017
"She suddenly has a heavy back story" you didn't watch season 2 huh?
Nov 19, 2022 4:50 PM
Jun 2016
DinoPapiro said:
TomboyTamer said:

"she didn't do anything special" boy, she's the best wing(wo)man and held herself back for 2 whole seasons. She's the one who works the hardest, yet people doesn't realize it.

Just because the ending of this anime (or the winner) is different from other RomCom anime, doesn't meant it's bad.
Exactly!!
It baffles me even more when people say Itsuki was a more deserving winner when she is literally a door, no personality whatsoever

People are allowed to disagree without being attack by toxic fans like yourself? Personally having all 5 girls like him was stupid to begin with was just stupid. Also people can understand and still disagree can't they?
Nov 19, 2022 4:54 PM
Jun 2016
TomboyTamer said:
snetygun said:

And people like you need to accept the facts that your best girl didn't win. Stop capping.

Why are you taking it so personal? He didn't agree with it and thats his right to but you keep spamming and just being toxic. You need to accept the fact that people can have a different opinion without being attacked
Nov 19, 2022 4:58 PM

Oct 2020
xONLYINHUMANx said:
DinoPapiro said:
Exactly!!
It baffles me even more when people say Itsuki was a more deserving winner when she is literally a door, no personality whatsoever

People are allowed to disagree without being attack by toxic fans like yourself? Personally having all 5 girls like him was stupid to begin with was just stupid. Also people can understand and still disagree can't they?
Am i not on my right to share my opinion?? Also when was i toxic? I didnt offend or attacked anyone, i just said Itsuki was clearly never a candidate and that i dont like her personality (or lack of).
Nov 19, 2022 4:59 PM
Jun 2016
Kappejoj said:
Before I start this, if you liked that Yotsuba won, then good for you. I'm not about to get into an arguement with anyone about who should've won.

During the first two season I only saw her as a cheerful girl being helpful to everyone. But now she suddenly got a heavy backstory which doesn't really mean anything to me since to me, she was not "liked" from previous seasons. Not that I "hate" or but I didn' like that she got picked when she didn't do anything special.

And it's shown by this site and other sites like ani list that she's around the 4th liked sister behind Miku, Nino and Itsuki (and Itsuki doesn't even like Fuutarou).
But my guess is the author had already picked Yotsuba from the start and didn't care what the fans thought. Cause before the movie, there was no definite sign that Yotsuba is the one that will be chosen (correct me if I'm wrong).

For example in Oregairu, Nisekoi, Oreshura, Rent-a-girlfriend, A couply of cuckoos it's obvious from the first episode who will be picked (at least if you're a experienced rom-com watcher like me). But here the author had an opportunity to pick most liked character but chose the 4th most liked character instead since I don't recall any sign from the first episode. Which only makes me think more that the author had already picked Yotsuba from the start.

Well, now that I'm done with that I'm gonna go eat at my first ramen restaurant that's in Sweden while I think about why I just wrote so much about a rom-com anime
anime forums where you can't have an opinion without being attack by some toxic flog. No wonder anime gets a bad reputation because if they act like this on here imagine them in person. Personally after the first season I lost all interest, after season 2 I just read how it ended and felt nothing. I'm watching anime not reading the manga and if they are skipping details that's not my fault, personally I found 4 of them really annoying.
Nov 19, 2022 5:05 PM
Jun 2016
DinoPapiro said:
xONLYINHUMANx said:

Am i not on my right to share my opinion?? Also when was i toxic? I didnt offend or attacked anyone, i just said Itsuki was clearly never a candidate and that i dont like her personality (or lack of).
I clicked on the wrong quote, I was meant to do it on tomboytamer

My bad sorry
Nov 19, 2022 5:06 PM

Oct 2020
xONLYINHUMANx said:
DinoPapiro said:

My bad sorry
No problem, just wanted to clear things up :)
Nov 19, 2022 5:08 PM
Jun 2016
DinoPapiro said:
xONLYINHUMANx said:

My bad sorry
DinoPapiro said:
xONLYINHUMANx said:

My bad sorry
DinoPapiro said:
xONLYINHUMANx said:

My bad sorry
that's fair enough I should of been more careful
Nov 19, 2022 10:14 PM
Apr 2022
xONLYINHUMANx said:
TomboyTamer said:

Why are you taking it so personal? He didn't agree with it and thats his right to but you keep spamming and just being toxic. You need to accept the fact that people can have a different opinion without being attacked

Tell me when did I started being toxic, oh yeah, you just blame me for telling the truth.

Honestly, I don't think you understand what 'toxic' exactly meant. I think you meant it's for people who said "X should be the winner because she really deserves it" or "Why X is the winner? She barely do nothing" on this thread.

Clearly I was being disagree with TS/OP. Maybe you should look in the mirror and think about what you've said before.
Nov 20, 2022 12:12 AM
Oct 2019
I kinda like that it was unexpected, I was pleasantly surprised even if she wasn't my favorite! Also it was heavily foreshadowed (more noticeable in the manga) and makes a lot of sense so I don't see the problem
Nov 20, 2022 7:48 AM
Mar 2020
TomboyTamer said:
xONLYINHUMANx said:

Tell me when did I started being toxic, oh yeah, you just blame me for telling the truth.

Honestly, I don't think you understand what 'toxic' exactly meant. I think you meant it's for people who said "X should be the winner because she really deserves it" or "Why X is the winner? She barely do nothing" on this thread.

Clearly I was being disagree with TS/OP. Maybe you should look in the mirror and think about what you've said before.

Is English your second language, or are you just not all there? The toxicity that’s being referred to is (what seems to be your belief) that every criticism of the movie, it’s ending and the bride choice stems from people being butthurt about their favourite girl not being picked.

If you want to actually argue for points in favour of the movies ending, like other people on this very thread have, that’s fine, and welcomed with open arms. But being blind to, and straight up dismissing criticism is considered toxic.

I’ve already written my review for the movie. It’s the top one, if you want to read it. Hopefully it will actually point out to you some of the many problems the movie actually has.
Nov 20, 2022 7:53 AM
Apr 2022
snetygun said:
TomboyTamer said:

Is English your second language, or are you just not all there? The toxicity that’s being referred to is (what seems to be your belief) that every criticism of the movie, it’s ending and the bride choice stems from people being butthurt about their favourite girl not being picked.

If you want to actually argue for points in favour of the movies ending, like other people on this very thread have, that’s fine, and welcomed with open arms. But being blind to, and straight up dismissing criticism is considered toxic.

I’ve already written my review for the movie. It’s the top one, if you want to read it. Hopefully it will actually point out to you some of the many problems the movie actually has.

Unfortunately I couldn't care less with your "review". Such a waste of time reading something that so useless.
Nov 25, 2022 7:52 AM
Dec 2014
I have watched so many of harem anime. Almost every time either the tsundere wins or the girl ML meet first wins.
So, from 1st episode, I was 95% sure that Itsuki will get the guy. I wanted Miku to win but from experience I knew that Miku had very less chances.
From 1st season I know that except Itsuki others have less than 5% chance to get Ml.
In 2nd season, Miku grew as character. Still, I knew none except Itsuki had chance.
Things changed when Itsuki talked with Yotsuba being the girl who met ML in childhood.
That was first time anyone except Itsuki had chance according to normal harem anime logic. Because now, Yotsuba is the girl whom ML met first.4
Now the game was 60% Yotsuba and 40% Itsuki. Itsuki still had chances because she was tsundere. Tsundere wins most of battles in harem anime if yandere was not in competition.
I was 90% certain that Yotsuba will win in movie. Reason being Yotsuba never getting much spotlight. This was different.
Author started moving the other sister away from love and towards some profession. He didn't do that for Yotsuba.
Yotsuba won. But I feel Miku was a good candidate too. I like Miku.
But yeah. That's all.
I watched so many ecchi harem when I started watching anime that I can tell ending very easily. I almost finished every ecchi harem in first 5-6 months after anime introduction.
Was not going to watch this, just because I saw S1 years ago, finished everything today.
No use watching ecchi harem. Because harem can actually give you mindfuck if you are not emotionally strong. Happened to me once when I did great in high school. It is not a good feeling. Women are too emotional demanding
Nov 26, 2022 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
Kappejoj said:
Before I start this, if you liked that Yotsuba won, then good for you. I'm not about to get into an arguement with anyone about who should've won.

During the first two season I only saw her as a cheerful girl being helpful to everyone. But now she suddenly got a heavy backstory which doesn't really mean anything to me since to me, she was not "liked" from previous seasons. Not that I "hate" or but I didn' like that she got picked when she didn't do anything special.

And it's shown by this site and other sites like ani list that she's around the 4th liked sister behind Miku, Nino and Itsuki (and Itsuki doesn't even like Fuutarou).
But my guess is the author had already picked Yotsuba from the start and didn't care what the fans thought. Cause before the movie, there was no definite sign that Yotsuba is the one that will be chosen (correct me if I'm wrong).

For example in Oregairu, Nisekoi, Oreshura, Rent-a-girlfriend, A couply of cuckoos it's obvious from the first episode who will be picked (at least if you're a experienced rom-com watcher like me). But here the author had an opportunity to pick most liked character but chose the 4th most liked character instead since I don't recall any sign from the first episode. Which only makes me think more that the author had already picked Yotsuba from the start.

Well, now that I'm done with that I'm gonna go eat at my first ramen restaurant that's in Sweden while I think about why I just wrote so much about a rom-com anime

Bruh Itsuki grows feelings for Futaro overtime in the manga. It was obviously she started to like him a bit after the school trip arc.
Nov 26, 2022 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
FearAfterLove said:
Love people who haven’t read the manga getting disappointed it’s happened so what we are only mad cause it wasn’t our favorite girl, it’s understandable when you actually dive into the reason an the story rather than just negating all that’s occurred

Yeah it deffintlym makes sense in the Harem Anime Universe (copyrighted obviously), the childhood friend wins! Yeah, it makes sense how the girl who litteraly had bearly any character development with the mc (beside the past, and thats if you can consider that character development) won!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

360 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Sep 9, 11:52 AM

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end ( 1 2 )

Megan1918 - Apr 15

55 by Eclipsemaster »»
Sep 7, 4:14 AM

» The hate on this movie is undeserved

did4375 - Jul 6

21 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 19, 2:58 AM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.