Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2022 5:59 PM

Sep 2014
Wow this was painfull to watch.
I have a bad feeling but I hope Faputa makes it out of this alive without them needing to kill her.. I just have a hard time rooting against her and Im sure the MC trio will be fine. But Faputa.. she was born from her mothers wish, the villagers have been feeding from her long enough. Their time is simply up. Im rooting for Faputa.

And that last scene, goosebumps all over.

The ED also fits perfectly. First the animation began to make sense and now the lyrics too!

Definitely my favourite episode in a while, it has been dragging on a bit too much before. I just miss the adventure and exploration MiA used to have, its all drama and gore now.
Comander-07Sep 7, 2022 6:06 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 7, 2022 5:59 PM
Nov 2016
Wow, goddamn, another banger episode! these last few episodes are amazing and really made me change my opinion about this season and this is probably the best episode of them all, this is getting better and better and yeah, again, this is coming from someone who was shitting on the first couple of episodes but wow, I'm loving this season now.

This awesome episode even made me tear up a bit, this is so much better than the 1st season IMHO, these last few episodes really made Made in Abyss shine.

5/5 episode and 9/10 season so far!
Sep 7, 2022 6:06 PM

Aug 2018
I have never had an episode live up to the hype quite like this one.
Sep 7, 2022 6:23 PM
Dec 2019
xZabuzax said:
Wow, goddamn, another banger episode! these last few episodes are amazing and really made me change my opinion about this season and this is probably the best episode of them all, this is getting better and better and yeah, again, this is coming from someone who was shitting on the first couple of episodes but wow, I'm loving this season now.

This awesome episode even made me tear up a bit, this is so much better than the 1st season IMHO, these last few episodes really made Made in Abyss shine.

It's been cool to see your transitioning thoughts over the course of Season 2 :) I'm happy that you're enjoying the show!
Sep 7, 2022 6:29 PM
Nov 2016
liloquy said:
xZabuzax said:

It's been cool to see your transitioning thoughts over the course of Season 2 :) I'm happy that you're enjoying the show!

Yeah, I mean, I will be honest, I do shit a lot on the episodes I dislike so you can say I'm somewhat toxic with that attitude which is fair but man, I do praise the things that deserve to be praised too and these last couple of episodes deserve to be praised.

I can be a hater if I dislike something but I can easily love an anime too if I believe they are doing a good job and this season is doing a fantastic job in these last few episodes.
Sep 7, 2022 6:47 PM
Aug 2019
This episode was so good. I loved how they handled the back and forth of flashbacks between Faputa and Reg and their fight! Also, I hope she joins them in their journey but seeing on how she won't stop trying to accomplish her objective, it feels like a very little possibility :(
Sep 7, 2022 7:12 PM
Dec 2013
It was so fucking beautiful to see Reg's transformation and his past with Faputa animated.
Sep 7, 2022 7:20 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode again.

Faputa is so powerful that she stopped Hanezeve Caradhina. You are a fool Reg! lol
ScarRufusSep 7, 2022 7:36 PM
Sep 7, 2022 7:25 PM

Feb 2022
dios esta serie juega con mis sentimientos
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Sep 7, 2022 7:39 PM

Jul 2016
LOL! Totally forgot the part with Faputa going full oral fisting on Reg. I swear that shit looked nasty both here and in the manga.

But man, what a great episode this one was. Easily my favorite one from this lackluster Summer season so far. Everything was perfect: voice acting (Faputa's VA omfg), OST, animation, the depiction of Faputa's brutality towards everyone, Nanachi sending Mitty off on her own terms and finally getting some much needed closure, the flashbacks, all the transitions between past and present, etc.

Perfect 10/10 episode.
Sep 7, 2022 7:58 PM
Jul 2021
Brutal but also kinda hilarious. Some details unclear from the manga are added here, like how the pillow person tried to push Faputa away in order to save others. Poor pillow guy, he made me laugh though.
Sep 7, 2022 8:06 PM

Jul 2020
I’m in the minority, I know, but I can’t say I’m a huge fan of this season in general, and this episode was no exception. Like someone else already said, I think this arc is taking up way too much time, and I don’t know, somehow I just much prefer the story and character moments in the first season. There’s definitely been some good moments, but as a whole I’ve been a bit disappointed with S2.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Sep 7, 2022 8:11 PM
May 2021
Loved it ! Beautiful show
Sep 7, 2022 8:17 PM
Apr 2019
Cried 4 times. Made in abyss is becoming heavier and heavier as the season goes on as usual.
Sep 7, 2022 8:26 PM

Apr 2017
masterpiece, beautiful, so sad
Sep 7, 2022 8:43 PM
Apr 2021
This episode was amazing, so much development in faputa as a character and so much more backstory for reg. The soundtrack is just the perfect cap to this masterpiece of an anime
Sep 7, 2022 8:49 PM
Jan 2021
OMG the history, the relationship between Faputa and Reg, very wholesome, and the fact all of these good memories are fighting against the current and morbid present is, is, just astoundingly, chaotically beautiful. Not enough words to describe all of this. Definitely a masterpiece๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ญ
Sep 7, 2022 8:54 PM
May 2016
Absolutely the best episode in the series, my fucking god that felt like it was over in five minutes. Absolute peak story-telling, direction, OST, animation, you fucking name it. I was sceptical that the adaptation would deliver with the first few episodes but since epsiode 7 this has stepped up into an AOTY contender even considering the bangers that'll be coming out next season. Its episodes like this that keep my love for this medium almost religiously high.
Sep 7, 2022 9:04 PM

Mar 2019
HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.....

First 5 Minutes already 10/10... Last 5 Minutes, 1000000/10...

THE BEST EPISODE ADAPTATED FOR SURE...

The MUSIC.... The Voices.... FAPUTA Seiyu PERFORMANCE... OUTSTANDING!!!!

Everything of the manga, was adaptated... LOVED IT.... What a Perfect Episode...

THE MEMORIES, THE RELATIONSHIP, THE FEELINGS...

2 Episodes Left, and here is were i stopped reading the manga....

TSUKUSHI SURPRISE ME EVEN MORE PLEASE!! <3

Anime of the Season, no contenders at all.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 7, 2022 9:04 PM
Jun 2021
The production was incredible, music and camera movement. A really important moment that was made amazing. Just perfect.
Sep 7, 2022 9:05 PM

Apr 2015
Such a conflicting moment. Which is really the right side?
Sep 7, 2022 9:13 PM

Sep 2020
They really had to do the big clifthanger on us

Sep 7, 2022 9:20 PM
Nov 2016
WatchSymphogear said:

I believe this will depend on the perspective of each side. No one is in the right nor wrong here.

Faputa is simply doing something she was created to do, it's like a spider knowing how to create spider webs without nobody teaching them how to do it, they were born with the knowledge to create spider webs so that's what they do, so the way I see it, Faputa was created to liberate the curse of her mother and put her to rest and kill everyone feeding of her since they are like leeches, it's in Faputa's blood, she can't change it the same way you can't change a spider from creating spider webs. Of course, a bit of revenge goes along the way since that poor Irumyuui trapped them inside her to get her revenge too.

This season doesn't look like it will have a happy ending which is fine, not everything needs a happy ending, I'm totally ok with dark, gloomy, bittersweet, sad endings too.
Sep 7, 2022 9:25 PM

Aug 2015
WatchSymphogear said:

Honestly it's a dead point.

Reg and Riko want to save the village and the villagers because they helped them a lot, they are very nice people and had great affection for them (Kaja, Moogie, Maaa, Narehate from the inn, the 3 sages). But from Faputa's POV I also understand that she was born to avenge her mother and her brothers for the atrocities they did to them, since her birth was to fulfill that purpose.

So it's a dead point.
Sep 7, 2022 9:26 PM
Feb 2016
Excelente episodio, animación adecuada, historia increíble y banda sonora sublime. Amé este capítulo
Sep 7, 2022 9:37 PM

Dec 2008
Second week of suffering over the prospect of saying goodbye to Kaja, my HAKU. I don't regret being an anime-only but goddamn this hurts.

Belaf and the group of little narehate had me tearing up like crazy. This is why this series has me in a chokehold.
Sep 7, 2022 9:42 PM
Oct 2020
Gotta love white reg and these people made me cry again ;-;
Sep 7, 2022 11:20 PM
Jan 2014
i cant stop crying sosu :(
Sep 7, 2022 11:22 PM

Apr 2018
Zirotaku said:
Look, I really really liked this episode. The stuff between Faputa and Reg was great and animated well and all. But I think they kinda butchered the Nanachi stuff in the beginning. Like I felt in the manga it had way more impact? I dunno, Nanachis expression in the manga and the whole composition in this scene just hit way more in the manga I think. And not just with this scene, when Faputa was born I feel like it was more emotional in the manga and, again, had more impact. I dunno, maybe it's just me. Still really loved this episode.

Edit: What I think the anime handles better tho is the whole child nudity stuff. Like I think Faputa doesn't have nipples in the anime? Idk makes me feel less uncomfortable.

Exactly my words. The parting away with Mitty was very emotional in the manga (also, I think they omitted quite important part in Nanachi monologue!), here it was sad, but not like super sad. I was very much looking forward to the "reborn" Nanachi scene, they could show her for more than 2seconds. On the other hand, all Reg - Faputa part was just superb. And Faputa VA did a great job! Exactly what I imagined it would be like!
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Sep 7, 2022 11:49 PM

Jul 2008
This is a sad emotional episode for Nanachi and also the relationship between Reg and Faputa. Reg’s memory loss is for the sake of plot but it is also a bummer for Faputa.

From the looks of it, there is no saving both sides so either Faputa perishes or the village is destroyed. I hope Faputa will be alive and joins Reg on more adventures just as he promised her. Also, I’m hoping their strong relationship from the past will carry on at the present time.
Sep 8, 2022 12:00 AM
Jul 2020
the animation, the emotion and the OST, they just hit me
Sep 8, 2022 12:05 AM
Apr 2020
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sep 8, 2022 1:05 AM

Dec 2008
Nanachi :(

It's a cruel fate that everything from the village dissolves outside the barrier, but that would be a more painless solution instead of getting messed up by Faputa.

Previous event, Reg helped Faputa to enter the village or wasn't that intentional?
Now Reg fights against Faputa??? It was nice of the robot to protect a few during Reg's cooldown.

There is no right side here, but Faputa acts like a terrorist.
Reg will probably win otherwise the village seemed like it was done for anyway with everything falling apart.
The black slime is a bit strange, what does it actually want, also destroy the village.

I guess that won't be the time for Riko to shine, but Vueko can probably do something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2022 2:02 AM
Nov 2016
my favorite episode of this season i think
Sep 8, 2022 2:30 AM
Apr 2020
Arguably better than the manga tbh
Sep 8, 2022 2:57 AM
Aug 2020
so like ummm yeah it was uhhh
Sep 8, 2022 3:29 AM

Nov 2021
Faputa: call an ambulance! But not for me

Sep 8, 2022 4:21 AM

Jun 2019
That episode was too powerful for me. First, Nanachi and Mitty and then the whole Faputa remembering her time with Reg. That was too adorable and just too much for me. I don't want anything to happen to these precious kids. I hope they figure this stuff out soon. T__T
Sep 8, 2022 4:23 AM
Dec 2020
it's fu**ing amazing episode
Sep 8, 2022 4:44 AM

Jul 2017
I think Reg met Riko's mother at the bottom of the Abyss. Riko's mother named him, that's why he got the same name from Riko. Reg had the feeling that he'll find his Haku by travelling to the surface and Riko's mom wanted him to maybe check on Riko?
But Riko was Reg's Haku.

These are just therories idk
Sep 8, 2022 4:46 AM
Aug 2021
this episode is so good, 25 minutes felt like 5 mins
Sep 8, 2022 5:03 AM

Apr 2019
This episode was beautiful

"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ... ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ... ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ฎ... ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™‹๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง... ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™ช๐™š."
Sep 8, 2022 5:21 AM
Apr 2022
Easily a 5/5, slowly builds up Reg's past. I wonder what had made him.
Other than that, Kinema Citrus did an outstanding job on the fights. The only issue I see in this episode was the Belaf CGI, but I'm still giving it a 5/5. The outro song slaps more and more as episodes pass by.
Sep 8, 2022 5:38 AM
Feb 2014
Another great episode
Sep 8, 2022 5:41 AM

Oct 2016
Jesus Christ, sosu. What a fantastic episode.

We knew it was coming, but not again damnit, Mitty...

Everyone really likes examining Reg's pp, huh. The first person that really comes to mind regarding Reg's mentor is Lyza and then his Haku is Riko probably. I mean if he's named after Riko's dog and assuming Lyza knows Riko's dog... it's highly likely that she's the mentor, maybe they just have the same taste in naming things too lmao.

I really liked that analogy, "just as a baby can't go back inside a mother's womb, Faputa can't go inside Iruburu." Made things way easier to understand sort of. Misaki Kuno's poor vocal chords man.

It's cool how Wazukyan is still calm while all this is happening, scary, but cool.

God, they brought out the big guns, they brought out Hanezeve Caradhina. Can't wait for the remaining episodes, that 1 hour special last episode gonna be special indeed.
Sep 8, 2022 6:04 AM
Oct 2021
Insane storytelling. Some of the best music I’ve ever heard in all anime in this episode
Sep 8, 2022 6:42 AM

Aug 2018
Quite gruesome genocide scene, with so much deepthroat violence lol

The flashback scene's too cute it might be the first time Faputa feels so happy, good job Reg
Sep 8, 2022 6:49 AM
Jun 2021
A fucking masterpiece!
- ad99
Sep 8, 2022 7:05 AM
Feb 2022
reg faputa lore!!!
Sep 8, 2022 7:06 AM

May 2020
another incredible ep
nothing short of a masterpiece

also as I watch these eps, the way I interpret the ed changes

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

411 by YungGrif »»
Sep 26, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

262 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2022

160 by HushPuppy170 »»
Sep 23, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

186 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

248 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 13, 10:17 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.