Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 10, 2020 9:47 PM
Jul 2016
Idk if you guys are with me on this, but this anime defines a true underated, hidden by the time and troupes, gem. This anime really has a lot of love to give, its such a shame it never got the love it deserves.
Jul 25, 2022 10:01 PM
Aug 2020
Its like Tokyo Revengers but good lol.

In all seriousness, it reminds me a lot of the beginning of Yuyu Hakusho like someone said in one of the reviews, Mitsuhashi is a lot like Yusuke, Imai Kwabara and Itou is a tall Hiei.

I like this more realistic take on delinquents, no magic or super strength(mostly), just plain out dirty tricks and strength in numbers. Sure, its still a battle shounen, so theres a lot of unbelievable things like 2 beating up a crowd, but even so its usually settled on dirty tricks and reasonable developments. Its also nice having characters that arent unbeatable and sometimes lose and get beaten to a pulp, instead of the invincible badass trope.

Overall its a really good and fun anime, the comedy lands well, animation is pretty and have that 90s charm, the soundtrack is lame but bearable, indeed a hidden gem.
Jul 26, 2022 12:02 AM
Nov 2020
Tenshi_Budo said:

In all seriousness, it reminds me a lot of the beginning of Yuyu Hakusho like someone said in one of the reviews, Mitsuhashi is a lot like Yusuke, Imai Kwabara and Itou is a tall Hiei.

I like this more realistic take on delinquents, no magic or super strength(mostly), just plain out dirty tricks and strength in numbers. Sure, its still a battle shounen, so theres a lot of unbelievable things like 2 beating up a crowd, but even so its usually settled on dirty tricks and reasonable developments. Its also nice having characters that arent unbeatable and sometimes lose and get beaten to a pulp, instead of the invincible badass trope.

Overall its a really good and fun anime, the comedy lands well, animation is pretty and have that 90s charm, the soundtrack is lame but bearable, indeed a hidden gem.
Both Yu Yu Hakusho and this anime was produced by the same studio...it may be hidden gem for rest of world but in Japan its one of best selling manga with over 40 million copies in circulation as mentioned on Wikipedia.
Jul 26, 2022 2:49 PM
Aug 2020
tysonfist764 said:
Tenshi_Budo said:

Both Yu Yu Hakusho and this anime was produced by the same studio...it may be hidden gem for rest of world but in Japan its one of best selling manga with over 40 million copies in circulation as mentioned on Wikipedia.

Oh I see, thats interesting. I was looking at the 93 season and this anime and Yuyu Hakusho were airing simultaneously, so theres that too.
Jul 27, 2022 2:06 AM

Dec 2021
I blame this for getting me hooked on delinquent anime, and for setting my expectations for everything after way too fucking high. Outside of GTO (Which lived up to the hype), I haven't seen a single delinquent anime that's as perfectly executed as this.
'Say the line, Bart' meme, but with Suiseiseki saying 'NTHE'

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyou kara Ore wa!! Episode 2 Discussion

FastnessofWheels - May 9, 2014

14 by OmeGa_789 »»
Jul 14, 3:00 AM

Poll: » Kyou kara Ore wa!! Episode 1 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - May 21, 2014

20 by OmeGa_789 »»
Jul 14, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Kyou kara Ore wa!! Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jul 13, 2015

9 by Degrellehh »»
Jun 13, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kyou kara Ore wa!! Episode 6 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jul 13, 2015

11 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kyou kara Ore wa!! Episode 10 Discussion

Lusbox - Aug 18, 2014

19 by NandroLoner »»
Jan 3, 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.