Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 15, 2008 11:41 AM

Dec 2007
Because I love polls (definitly one of my charms :P) I made one up...

If you had to choose...with who would you pair Abel Nightroad up?
NolaDiorezApr 15, 2008 1:47 PM

~ Nola...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 15, 2008 12:44 PM

Nov 2007
Abel and Astaroshe, anyone?

My opinions on other pairings -
I am definitely not an AbelXEsther fan... don't know why, I just don't think he feels that way about her.
Tres and Abel... X3 lol I love it, but only to giggle at. Does anyone besides me read slash into some of the manga scenes between those two? But seriously, Tres is an android. I can't imagine him in any sort of relationship.
Abel and Catarina, that's alright if that's your thing I guess, I'm just not fond of it.
Abel and me? I wish.
Ion and Abel? No! Ion and Radu? Yes!~
And personally, Seth and Abel is weird to me because they're siblings.

but yes, Abel and Asta ftw. She has such a strong personality.
And anyway, I don't think Abel can really love anyone more than he loves Lilith, and therefore no one else can take her place in his heart... T_T poor Abel.
Apr 15, 2008 1:53 PM

Dec 2007
Lumen_Caeli said:

Abel and me? I wish.

Wouldn't anyone ^.-

I added your option, Asta-san...forgot a bit about her. Sorry. ^.^;

I think Abel loves Esther because of the following reasons:
- She has sins, but remains pure and good.
- She's a redhead, just lik Lilith.
- She never doubts the good part in him.

Futher reasons may appear in the last 5 eps, which I haven't seen just yet. ^.^

~ Nola...
Apr 15, 2008 2:41 PM

Nov 2007
NolaDiorez said:

I think Abel loves Esther because of the following reasons:
- She has sins, but remains pure and good.
- She's a redhead, just lik Lilith.
- She never doubts the good part in him.

yeah, the abelXesther shippers ususally say that sort of thing... I respect that opinion, though I personally think it's more of an affection towards her than actual romantic love. I mean, he's a crusnik. He's practically immortal! Esther is just a very little kid compared to him. Same reason I don't really like AbelXCaterina, he knew her when she was just a little kid. I expect he still thinks of her that way, somewhat. Plus no one can rule out the very obvious love that he still feels for Lilith - it's very clear to me that he hasn't gotten over her yet. Ah, well. Asta and Abel make a better match, in my opinion, because I love her personality when contrasted with his. That, and she's a Methuselah - so at least comparatively speaking she's not as young/immature as Esther is. Because Esther really can be fairly immature! (that whole thing with going to "arrest" ion comes to mind XD ). But yes. I do realize that lots of people think abelXesther is a great pair, I guess it just depends on how you interpret Abel's character. I think he wants to protect her in much the same way he wanted to protect the young Caterina, and still continues to protect her.
Apr 15, 2008 3:36 PM

Dec 2007
I think in the end Abel is afraid to love anyone after what happend to Lilith. Besides ofcourse the residu of affection for her that he still feels. But it's hundreds years since... Feelings change and grow vague over years, as with the pain he felt when she died. It's still there, but less painful than it was before.

But you've got a point with the age argument. I thought about it too...but overruled it with the 'young, fresh outlook on life that Abel lost many years ago and finds in Esther' sort of argument.

Ah well...this mysterie is one of his charmes, nah?

~ Nola...
Apr 15, 2008 3:58 PM

Nov 2007
indeed! There is no one correct appraisal of Abel-kun ^_^
May 5, 2008 10:44 PM

Mar 2008
I'd have to say Abel and Esther, but Abel with Ion is cute as well.
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

Jun 16, 2008 9:53 AM

Oct 2007
Yoru_Hime said:
but Abel with Ion is cute as well.

*blink* *drools* ... oh, yeah XD

*cough* How about Esther and Ion? ^^'
Jun 20, 2008 11:20 AM

Dec 2007
...I'm not really fan of Yaoi, don't know why.

Esther an Ion...could be okay, but I like EstherXAbel more. *just MAL married the guy* >_<

~ Nola...
May 3, 2009 7:45 PM

Mar 2009
as much as i want to be paired up with abel..>cough<, i'd rather he'd be with esther...hahaha...omg, we share the same name...=) but i also like IonxEsther since i adore Ion alot...but still, i'm more of an AbelxEsther shipper!
Dec 12, 2009 11:47 PM

Feb 2009
finally looked at this poll, and i would have to say Abel & Esther. he seems to still see Catherine as that child he rescued, that's what makes them so close. Asta is a nice idea, she seems similar to Lilith, and no doubt Lilith was his first love. ~~but i thought from the first that Esther & Abel would have a bittersweet love. i think that she will be his truest love....."parting is such sweet sorrow"~
May 13, 2010 8:14 PM

Apr 2010
Abel and Esther for me

Jun 6, 2010 11:48 PM

Mar 2009
i like the thought of abel and ester.

i also think that caterina and tres are a good pair too.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Level of Crusnik.

Josue_Light - Mar 26, 2008

5 by garnet_dreams »»
Dec 12, 2009 11:32 PM

Poll: » How do you prefer your abel?

Ducky_Dame - Jun 28, 2009

3 by Ducky_Dame »»
Nov 10, 2009 2:20 PM

Poll: » *Poke* Poll

NolaDiorez - Jun 16, 2008

1 by Lumen_Caeli »»
Dec 15, 2008 9:09 PM

» CLUB BANNER CONTEST!

Kurenai_no_Yuki - May 3, 2008

18 by NolaDiorez »»
Jun 16, 2008 2:45 PM

» CainXAbel?

Lumen_Caeli - Apr 20, 2008

5 by JapLove »»
Jun 16, 2008 10:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.