Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Did you hate this?
Jul 14, 2022 7:42 PM

Aug 2020
In all honesty idc about ppl hating on SAO but I absolutely liked this movie, it actually blew me away with the animation to the voice acting. What are your thoughts?
Jul 14, 2022 7:50 PM
May 2022
Well i like everything from SAO and this movie actually was very nice.
Jul 14, 2022 7:54 PM
Demihuman
Jul 2021
Honestly, I saw this movie the same week i saw S1 of SAO and my thoughts were that it was basically the same thing. Even the same jokes were used
Jul 14, 2022 8:07 PM
Jun 2022
Loved the movie!๐Ÿ‘ป fuck haters
Jul 14, 2022 8:07 PM
Jul 2021
I like every season of SAO as well as this movie
Jul 14, 2022 8:08 PM
Aug 2021
no i love it so much
Jul 14, 2022 8:10 PM
Nov 2021
loved it. i thought it was amazing
Jul 14, 2022 8:11 PM
Feb 2021
except gun gale i adore Sao wherever Asuna gets screentime i simp harder
Jul 14, 2022 8:15 PM
Feb 2021
If anything that I hates from SAO is Shinon(So much that it doesn't have any boundary)
, Alice, Lisbeth, Ronye and Harem like elements other than that I absolutely adore everything about SAO.
Jul 14, 2022 8:36 PM

Oct 2020
Didn't enjoy as much as Ordinal Scale, but yeah it was a good start......the upcoming movies should be better, and if they faithfully adapt the LNs then they will be for sure.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (โ  โ โ—œโ โ€ฟโ โ—โ  โ )โ โ™ก
Jul 14, 2022 10:03 PM

Dec 2021
bezardo said:

Yeah, for the same reason it was kinda painful to watch Fairy Dance, Phantom Bullet and Alicization.

Abysmal_Saint76 said:
If anything that I hates from SAO is Shinon(So much that it doesn't have any boundary)
, Alice, Lisbeth, Ronye and Harem like elements other than that I absolutely adore everything about SAO.

IKR? Shinon and Alice are annoying.

Anayan_Kashyap said:
Didn't enjoy as much as Ordinal Scale, but yeah it was a good start......the upcoming movies should be better, and if they faithfully adapt the LNs then they will be for sure.

Yeah, I had kinda high hopes for it. I'm not disappointed but imo Ordinal Scale is better.

๐“ข๐“ช๐“ด๐“พ๐“ป๐“ช
๐“š๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ธ
Jul 14, 2022 10:13 PM
Apr 2022
SAO is in my top 3 favorite anime so i already knew i would enjoy the movie
Jul 14, 2022 10:32 PM
Feb 2021
[quote=Chronon message=66871138]
bezardo said:

Yeah, for the same reason it was kinda painful to watch Fairy Dance, Phantom Bullet and Alicization.

Abysmal_Saint76 said:

They are extremely annoying and Shinon lingering feeling towards Kirito, that kiss in cheek in front of Asuna and the pendant things are downright disgusting and creepy.
Jul 14, 2022 10:51 PM
Jul 2021
I easily give this movie a
Jul 14, 2022 11:08 PM

Oct 2020
[quote=Abysmal_Saint76 message=66871254]
Chronon said:
bezardo said:

Abysmal_Saint76 said:

They are extremely annoying and Shinon lingering feeling towards Kirito, that kiss in cheek in front of Asuna and the pendant things are downright disgusting and creepy.
you all are acting too much,always finding double meanings. Blame Kirito for saving Sinon.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (โ  โ โ—œโ โ€ฟโ โ—โ  โ )โ โ™ก
Jul 14, 2022 11:33 PM

Dec 2021
[quote=Anayan_Kashyap message=66871441]
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Chronon said:

you all are acting too much,always finding double meanings. Blame Kirito for saving Sinon.

Though Phantom Bullet is not my fav arc but I like theme of "introspection about killing someone even for good deeds". And Shinon was perfect there to highlight that aspect. Other than her own arc she was weird.

Well can't really complain cause every arc has different main female and other than their respective arcs they were almost useless.

๐“ข๐“ช๐“ด๐“พ๐“ป๐“ช
๐“š๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ธ
Jul 14, 2022 11:46 PM
Feb 2021
[quote=Chronon message=66871561]
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

Though Phantom Bullet is not my fav arc but I like theme of "introspection about killing someone even for good deeds". And Shinon was perfect there to highlight that aspect. Other than her own arc she was weird.

Well can't really complain cause every arc has different main female and other than their respective arcs they were almost useless.
I also don't have problem with Gun Gale. But Shinon egregious behaviour in Alicization would call to say whether she is in right mind or not.
Jul 14, 2022 11:51 PM
Nov 2021
I enjoyed the movie, im a little peeved about the addition of Asuna’s friend (I don’t remember her name and I don’t care) and honestly i hope they kill her off soon. Introducing a movie exclusive character is pointless since i doubt she’s canon to the series, and even if she’s not it doesn’t really make sense with her intro Vs the novel.

Also Argo should’ve gotten more screentime as argo is the single best character in the series. Otherwise, good movie
Jul 15, 2022 12:34 AM
Mar 2021
It was good i think
Jul 15, 2022 12:37 AM
May 2021
you know, I don't really care for SAO in general, I don't think it's as bad as some people say and I certainly don't think it's as good as other people say. I also did not like ordinal scale at all. But this movie surprised me, because I found it to be pretty good with little to no problems on my end. it's the first time since the first half of season one that I've actually been genuinely interested in seeing what comes next
Jul 15, 2022 2:08 AM
Aug 2021
Asuna is too kawai !!! it's been a while since I heard the sword land ost !!! but wish the movie was a little longer , like gleam eyes or uk star burst stream . either way amazing animation , great backstory , was perfect ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ”ฅโš”๏ธ
Ren_ReydenJul 15, 2022 3:12 AM
Jul 15, 2022 8:11 AM

Jan 2020
I actually really liked it.
Jul 15, 2022 8:35 AM
Oct 2020
i didn’t hate it entirely
Jul 15, 2022 9:45 AM
Jan 2021
beanbag_182 said:
Honestly, I saw this movie the same week i saw S1 of SAO and my thoughts were that it was basically the same thing. Even the same jokes were used

Well it is basically the first few episodes of SAO, but more so from Asuna's POV which is why the same jokes are to be expected.
Jul 15, 2022 9:55 AM
Dec 2021
I've always quite enjoyed sword art online even though I know it's flawed and this movie was about everything I was hoping and expecting and I thoroughly enjoyed it
Jul 15, 2022 8:24 PM

Sep 2021
I have such a soft spot for Sword Art Online for various reasons, and this movie was everything I could have wanted as an opening movie for the Progressive series. They really played on the nostalgia and did it so well, in my opinion. I just can't help but get emotional every time I hear "Swordland", and it was so, so good to see Aincrad again.

I also loved getting to see all of it from Asuna's point of view. So while I'm sure my nostalgia bias is showing, I couldn't be happier with this movie and I can't wait for more Progressive adaptions!

Also I really wish I had gotten to see it in theaters, because the sound effects in particular (for the sword arts especially) were just awesome~

I'm okay now... At least... I want to be able to say that.
โœงโœงโœงโœงโœงโœง
profile โœง watching โœง reading โœง art credit

Jul 26, 2022 12:26 AM

Dec 2008
For me Asuna was the best part of SAO when I saw it originally, she was a great character and I really was chuffed to see her story unfold. Its nice to watch a strong female character get some sort of development that does not involve irritating fan service all the time.
May the Uguu be with you.

Jul 26, 2022 12:34 AM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
It's a nice retelling since now the story is from Asuna's POV, I enjoyed this so much, this is how Aincrad Arc should be. Hope the next progressive movies would cover Aincrad floors which weren't covered by the TV series.

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

258 by Alice103 »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

54 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.