Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2022 8:12 AM

Jun 2019
Why did they make the anime a Yuri bait inspite of Yuuki's Character who was like, the most disposable protagonist (I've ever seen, Even Simon From Gurren Laggan had a good developpement, even if done later, in the same amount of episode) of the whole cast, reducing him into walking plot device lacking of any sort of depth ?
Yes, This is mostly a Pecorine story, but Yuuki's Character is at the staple of it all.

From a gaming perspective (especialy an RPG) this could be somewhat understandable for the sake of the player self-insertion fantasies or whatnot but that's even funnier when you realize the fact that the game (the source material) handled Yuuki's character better than this adaptation. Why ?
JulianfoxyJul 4, 2022 4:59 AM
Jul 3, 2022 9:04 AM

Sep 2020
I really love how Yuuki is our MC but isn’t our focus character. He is a good character and in S2 he gets more development. He will defiantly get more development in a S3 especially with his memories starting to come back in S2.

But I see this series as Pecorine’s story especially for the first 2 seasons.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2022 9:10 AM
Apr 2020
Cause it’s funny
Jul 3, 2022 9:12 AM
May 2022
not yuri is friendship
Jul 3, 2022 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
Where exactly do you even saw yuri in this like some sort of Crusader?

Jul 3, 2022 10:31 AM

Jun 2019
_Ishinashi99 said:
not yuri is friendship

Piromysl said:
I saw what the anime was showing.
I'm not saying it's a yuri. I'm just stating the fact that there was definitively a YURI-BAITty-vibe going on.
and no I'm not user @yuri-crusader lol

Haydorwaldor said:
Cause it’s funny
Bruh

Yuri_Niji said:
I really love how Yuuki is our MC but isn’t our focus character. He is a good character and in S2 he gets more development. He will defiantly get more development in a S3 especially with his memories starting to come back in S2.

Him not being given major screentime to actually bond with his teammates and friends dragged this to the ground a bit cousidering the reason why he was living these moments in the first place.

He was just there most of the time

This results in the whole ending of the Season 2 felling forced and incredibily shallow imo.

If there ever was a Season 3 (which is unlikely I think) I hope they come up with something solid cause the rest of the show was fire but all these shortcoming were a real bummer
Jul 3, 2022 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
Julianfoxy said:
Piromysl said:
I'm not saying it's a yuri. I'm just stating the fact that there was definitively a YURI-BAITty-vibe going on.

We have really reached the point, where even the most mundane interaction between two girls is immediately "yuri bait" lol
Still remember butthurt those fetishists had about Euphonium.

Jul 3, 2022 12:26 PM

Jun 2019
Piromysl said:
Julianfoxy said:

We have really reached the point, where even the most mundane interaction between two girls is immediately "yuri bait" lol
Still remember butthurt those fetishists had about Euphonium.
Whatever you call it, that interaction got the most screen time and both of these characters got the most developpement through out all the 25 episodes. while lacking severale other imporatant interactions that could justify the ending which felt like the end of a completely different journey that we didn't see.
Jul 3, 2022 1:29 PM
Nov 2021
It's not a Yuri-bait it's just that they are best friends and live a lot of hard things together so they became very close
It's like Hibike Euphonium, the relation between Reina and Kumiko is just a normal best friend relationship

Also Yuuki is the basically but due to his memory lost and stuff he can't do a lot
For me Pecorine is the MC cuz the main story is based on what happened to her etc
Jul 3, 2022 1:58 PM
May 2022
Julianfoxy said:
_Ishinashi99 said:
not yuri is friendship

Piromysl said:

Haydorwaldor said:
Cause it’s funny
Bruh

Yuri_Niji said:

Him not being given major screentime to actually bond with his teammates and friends dragged this to the ground a bit cousidering the reason why he was living these moments in the first place.

This results in the whole ending of the Season 2 felling forced and incredibily shallow imo.

If there ever was a Season 3 (which is unlikely I think) I hope they come up with something solid cause the rest of the show was fire but all these shortcoming were a real bummer
Julianfoxy said:
_Ishinashi99 said:
not yuri is friendship

Piromysl said:

Haydorwaldor said:
Cause it’s funny
Bruh

Yuri_Niji said:

nope only friendship
Jul 3, 2022 2:28 PM

Jan 2019
Yuuki is a genuinely funny character, the show would have only been made worse if they made him the generic "constantly gets flustered because he's surrounded by a hot waifu harem" MC you get in almost every other show like this.

Jul 3, 2022 4:16 PM

Jun 2019
ForeverTraitor said:
Yuuki is a genuinely funny character, the show would have only been made worse if they made him the generic "constantly gets flustered because he's surrounded by a hot waifu harem" MC you get in almost every other show like this.
I was considering anything but the both ends of the (Isekai) anime MC protagonist spectrum,

an absolutely useless (overpowered) buffon ---- to ---- a walking edgy (over)power(ed) fantasy

I believe there is either a balance or a good execution with whatever the author choose to go with.

The Yuuki case is just a miss. I found him incredibily refreshing in the beginning but it ulyimately went nowhere.

JulianfoxyJul 4, 2022 5:02 AM
Jul 3, 2022 9:46 PM

Dec 2008
Because the staff is only interested in showing off cute girls from the game, rather than actually telling a decent story, or being faithful to the source material.
Nobody cares about the male characters (or so they think), but the story can't exist without Yuuki, so he gets relegated to side character status, and the other important male characters are deleted from the story.
They just want you to watch kyaru and peco hug because it is uguu kawaii
Jul 4, 2022 10:57 AM

Jun 2019
Saku_k said:
Because the staff is only interested in showing off cute girls from the game, rather than actually telling a decent story, or being faithful to the source material.
Nobody cares about the male characters (or so they think), but the story can't exist without Yuuki, so he gets relegated to side character status, and the other important male characters are deleted from the story.
Oh yes the deleted characters too... Seems like they were targeting a specific demographic for the show but they didn't commit to it either lol.
Jul 17, 2022 11:13 PM
Nov 2015
ForeverTraitor said:

There is always a balance that can be reached as a compromise between both spectrums. Regardless if you're a fan or either (or just not at all), there is always a middle ground that a writer can reach.

The only issue is getting there the right way via proper execution and visual presentation. Just because you don't like X doesn't mean it can't be better.
Jul 17, 2022 11:14 PM
Nov 2015
Julianfoxy said:
ForeverTraitor said:
I was considering anything but the both ends of the (Isekai) anime MC protagonist spectrum,

an absolutely useless (overpowered) buffon ---- to ---- a walking edgy (over)power(ed) fantasy

I believe there is either a balance or a good execution with whatever the author choose to go with.

The Yuuki case is just a miss. I found him incredibily refreshing in the beginning but it ulyimately went nowhere.

I for one loved his more innocent characterization here.
However, his relevance is worse depending on who you ask. One can easily write him off and pass his roles to the others and nothing would change (and they technically did that last Season).
Jul 17, 2022 11:18 PM
Nov 2015
Saku_k said:

In fairness, Octo, Daigou, Masaki and Raji don't become relevant up until Chapter 5 of the game (which takes place 6-7 months after Yuuki and Kokkoro had met Pecorine, Karyl and Yui; not to mention, Yuuki had already regained some bits of his mental faculties when this happened), which the anime rushed through up to the end of Arc 1 (pretty much skipping a very large bulk of Chapters 6 to 14).

It's really Muimi who got the short end in my opinion. Since her very appearance and reunion with Yuuki is what kickstarts the Main Story.
Jul 18, 2022 12:29 AM

Dec 2008
Red_Tiger_12 said:
Saku_k said:

In fairness, Octo, Daigou, Masaki and Raji don't become relevant up until Chapter 5 of the game (which takes place 6-7 months after Yuuki and Kokkoro had met Pecorine, Karyl and Yui; not to mention, Yuuki had already regained some bits of his mental faculties when this happened), which the anime rushed through up to the end of Arc 1 (pretty much skipping a very large bulk of Chapters 6 to 14).

It's really Muimi who got the short end in my opinion. Since her very appearance and reunion with Yuuki is what kickstarts the Main Story.

Well if we are going to talk about missing characters who got the short end of the stick, I think that would be Yui way before Muimi.

Raji and Daigou are kind of whatever for Arc 1, and you can't have Octo without Muimi, but at the very least, Masaki should've been present. His absence when you have Neneka is kind of inexplicable. Neneka is captured and he is nowhere to be found or even mentioned. He may not be that important in the grand scheme of things, sure, but in my opinion the only reason for his absence is because he isn't a girl and the creators of the anime don't care for the source material.
Jul 19, 2022 11:33 AM
Nov 2015
Saku_k said:
Red_Tiger_12 said:

Well if we are going to talk about missing characters who got the short end of the stick, I think that would be Yui way before Muimi.

Raji and Daigou are kind of whatever for Arc 1, and you can't have Octo without Muimi, but at the very least, Masaki should've been present. His absence when you have Neneka is kind of inexplicable. Neneka is captured and he is nowhere to be found or even mentioned. He may not be that important in the grand scheme of things, sure, but in my opinion the only reason for his absence is because he isn't a girl and the creators of the anime don't care for the source material.

Gotta make room for other background characters, it seems.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2022

119 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

74 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

61 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

83 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

55 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.