Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 28, 2017 1:52 PM
Aug 2015
This is the first time I'm watching a Chinese anime and I really like it.

Although the story didn't really advance (it's more like fighting a boss at each episode but I don't mind) and some scenes are re-used, subtitles go too fast... I think it is really enjoyable. I like the art, the action scenes and the characters. And also, each episode makes me laugh.

Seriously, watching this anime is way better than watching SAO (yes, I didn't like it because of the harem, fan serv, etc... so I've dropped it).
May 2, 2017 7:47 AM

May 2014
Great episode, the guild at the end was his first one right?
May 2, 2017 9:41 PM

Mar 2016
I've complained a lot this season about anime that are too slow paced but this anime definitely doesn't have that problem! I just keep falling more and more in love with this anime! Can't wait to see what next week has in store for us!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 5, 2017 7:56 PM

Apr 2012
I haven't read the novel though I'm inclined to try if it's in English given that i already really like the MC and see him as very cunning and delightfully snarky, as well as a pure introvert, yet many of you are saying none of that is coming out in the anime. Does that mean he's even more of all of that in the novel?

I don't feel a need to understand all the details of how Glory works. It's clearly a MMORPG and having played several huge ones myself for many years, I can get the gist of the culture being alluded to. And I think they've done a good job portraying the MMO culture. That's what drew me to this anime in the first place. I laughed out loud several times in this episode cuz of stupid stuff done by other players (especially training the boss to the rest of them) and how the MC handled the other players.

So far I really like this anime.
A hero will sacrifice the one he loves to save the world. A villain will sacrifice the world for the one he loves. I'll take the villain.
May 8, 2017 9:40 AM
Oct 2016
ClawViper said:
I hope that this anime will not be a weekly rehash of how Ye Xiu destroys the other players and demolish bosses, it'll get old fast. I was attracted to this anime because of the first episode when the e-sports scene came into focus and I felt that episodes 2-4 never came close to episode 1's impact on me.

That being said, I still find the action pretty good, and I guess Tang Rou will play a more prominent role in the future as she just created a new character.

And wow, was his record beaten by a huge margin? (I recall him beating it at around 20 minutes or something with Lan He's party)

yeah bro same here recent episode didnt leave such impact as the first episode had
May 9, 2017 11:26 AM
May 2017
It's boring how they focused too much into making the main character look cool and all and forgot the main part of anime about games.... the battles. Surroundings and sceneries can be compared to the romantic byousoku 5 centimeter, while the combat details are even worse than that anime Fist of the North Star, a 31 years old fighting anime.
The anime keeps telling "he's cool, he's strong, he's great, his battle is dazzling and professional, his weapon is unique...." but when it comes to the battle, all he does is swing his weapon and it's over, making all of the above look like lies..
Last but not least, his weapon, unlike having to change the parts manually to change its forms like in the novel, now it changes magically from one form to another. The spear form looks really foolish too, won't the reversely folded umbrella catch the wind and cause unnecessary loss of force to the piercing?
I dropped the anime after the 4th episode, as I don't see any improvement in the combat at all...
May 13, 2017 4:57 PM

Feb 2013
Grim walked in late and stole the boss from the "top" guilds.
That might be fake game nonsense, but it was amusing.

So I thought this guy was supposed to be WORKING at this computer shop? All he does is play games...
May 13, 2017 8:08 PM

May 2016
BurntJelly said:
Grim walked in late and stole the boss from the "top" guilds.
That might be fake game nonsense, but it was amusing.

So I thought this guy was supposed to be WORKING at this computer shop? All he does is play games...

It isn't uncommon for the desk guy in an internet cafe to also be playing games, he does tend to customers.
May 16, 2017 9:29 PM
Jan 2017
Is it just me or were the subtitles really fast in this episode?
May 16, 2017 9:48 PM
Nov 2010
HowaitoHasugami said:
Is it just me or were the subtitles really fast in this episode?

You're better off watching the official subs on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGCDtKe8Dog. The fansubs aren't so good for this episode.
Jun 14, 2017 10:47 PM

Apr 2009
I don't know Chinese but "Excellent Dynasty" sounds like the "Eternal Era" club that booted him from his old character.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 10, 2017 7:58 AM

May 2012
Decent progression, let's see what's next!
Jul 17, 2017 3:35 AM

Jun 2013
That MICKEY D'S though. I started craving for McDonalds after watching this... probably a BAD thing but oh well.

MC isn't so subtle when he teases Xiao Tang. He's full of himself but that's because he has years of gaming experience.

Most of the gamers are guys then again China has a huge male population, the male population outnumbers the females by at least 33 million. It's a paradise for yaoi and Brokeback Mountain lovers.

"He's not a noob but a dumbass." LOL

I'm still really liking the character design, it's generic in some way but also quite beautiful. China is capable of creating really great animated characters and series. The CG still irks me but oh well.

Btw, I was wondering, doesn't gaming like this require the player to sit down for hours on end? My ass would hurt so fucking much. I work at an office and I need to stand up, even if it's just at my desk for every 15-20 minutes and stretch because it's tiring.
臭い-
Jul 17, 2017 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
Dat McDonalds.
Oh, I'll broaden your view all right.
lol She doesn't even realize she wants to be like him.
That's not a noob, but a dumbass. lol
The dumbass is bringing the boss to them. lol
lol at dude saying Lord Grim is too OP.
Is that a NY fitted?
Dat APM!
Excellent Dynasty?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 1, 2017 8:04 PM

Sep 2011
APM level = Asian.
Feb 18, 2018 9:12 AM

Sep 2013
Ok ep, but my least fav so far. Just a long fight scene.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 13, 2018 4:54 AM

Mar 2015
Ahh gotta love those MMORPG feels!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 3, 2018 6:02 AM

Sep 2011
Ohh some guild that seems he can evenly match against.

Sep 11, 2018 7:30 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This is still a very nice anime with light hearted subject matter. It would seem that there is a large amount of subject matter to cover from the novel and no one is going to be happy about how it is done. That leaves me to just enjoy what is presented to me each episode. So far, they are doing a nice job with the fight scenes and art in general.
Oct 17, 2018 12:16 AM
Aug 2011
I have to say that the expert McDonalds placement in this episode made me laugh.
First thing that happens:
~omg we have so much food!~ *deliberate slow pan across several McDonalds items*
that's some Tiger & Bunny level ad placement and I love it
Jan 24, 2019 10:38 PM

Aug 2017
He stole the Final Boss lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 11, 2019 2:25 PM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
Well, the boss lady has lately kept getting more irritating lately, acting that kind of way towards Ye Xiu, but she does like him so...

I wonder how high his APM is, so far it has never been stated but I'm pretty damn sure to rapidly attack that gunner boss and finish the gunner boss off all by himself would take like fucking 200+ APM or something.

ShadowkillZFeb 11, 2019 3:08 PM
Aug 21, 2019 4:19 PM

Sep 2017
things seem to be getting a bit more competitive. i like it.
Feb 1, 2020 10:41 PM
Mar 2018
Let the record breaking wars begin...
Mar 29, 2020 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
Effects and animations are excellent!
Jun 22, 2020 6:51 AM

May 2015
nice episode. graveyard was neat.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 20, 2020 7:11 PM

May 2013
Ooouuuu, I liked that Wild Boss! Just wish we could've gotten to see him destroy more ppl to show its strength-- like, focus on the skills instead of just seeing weaker players get blasted off :3

Loved the combo moves tho! And the 3 Top Guilds' rivalry was funny xD
A shame that ppl don't realize he is God Ye Xiu x3 I want them to respect him more D:<
Also, where is that girl at the beginning of the series? The cute one close to the MC. I hope we get to see more of her soon.
May 16, 2021 1:39 PM

Apr 2018
Ye Xie destroys the wild boss in a damn second with a brick boy. Amazing!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 21, 2022 4:48 PM

Jul 2019
Well, another day, another monster slaying times. What more can I say?

There's not a lot to go on with here honestly. It's a little boring. But I'm here to stick around.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - May 5, 2017

123 by WienGirl »»
Oct 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

165 by WienGirl »»
Oct 3, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

226 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Jul 29, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

echiomega - Apr 14, 2017

139 by nightjasmine »»
Jul 14, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

63 by amf85 »»
Jun 15, 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.