Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 12, 2022 8:09 PM

Mar 2021
I'm not joking. MAL might have mentioned that the source is LN, but this anime is actually adapting everything from the manga. Except, It's speedrunning the manga. The first 3 chapters of Manga introduces us to Mathias' parents and his siblings, which was entirely skipped in the anime. And similarly, many things were skipped, Like the boss fight in dungeon city etc. But I'm not sad about anything. Nor am I saying this is bad. I am still enjoying the anime for what it is.
So, my fellow manga readers, what's your take on this? Did Anime only guys feel like a lot was missing when you watched the anime?

EDIT: I know a lot of anime skips contents to fit the source within the alloted time and episode counts. I just wanted to ask if anyone felt odd that the story was rushing, or not.
V1P3R0PMar 12, 2022 8:13 PM
Mar 12, 2022 8:47 PM
Oct 2021
anime only here, I kinda felt is was rushed, but I thought it was decent, they also did a good on how to skip things without leaving us even though about that, now I would very much like to see his parents and more lore, but it's fine I guess
Mar 13, 2022 1:34 AM
Mar 2021
The manga gets kinda lore heavy later, dunno how they will adapt it in the anime, heck I doubted that they would reach that point in the anime this season, but at the speed they are going- I can't help but worry-
Mar 13, 2022 6:39 AM

Jun 2021
Manga reader here.

Yes, the manga has more context and tells a better story but to me, this was just another trashy power fantasy I read for my enjoyment so I didn't have high expectations when I started to watch this.

I enjoyed the anime just as much as the manga.

Edit: Comparing to this season's isekai animes, it has good visuals (by that I mean no ugly CGI).
Nero_MoonlightMar 13, 2022 6:43 AM
“Think not of your future or your past, just your current self. Think about the now and focus, then throw out your very identity”
Mar 13, 2022 12:16 PM
Apr 2021
Based on the speed it's going the season finale is gonna adapt the scene which was hype for me when I read the manga but they are speed running this like there's no tomorrow.At least even through they skipped quite a bunch of scenes,at least an anime only viewer might not have trouble understanding the story??
Mar 13, 2022 7:23 PM
Mar 2021
anime adaptation any% Speedrun 12 episodes
Mar 14, 2022 5:11 AM
Jun 2020
wheres his family's? worlds magic poorly explained. crest types and capabilities lacking 4th crest just kinda alluded to.

extra points for not being iseki but minus the same for OP tropes.

the dragon is tohru so thats amazing.

this is wayyy to fast paced. in 4 episodes he blew through so much i couldn't keep up
Mar 15, 2022 12:12 AM
Feb 2022
Anime only

Even without knowledge of the manga content, it felt rushed af. No details about the MC's family, barely any backgroud info about the characters, nothing to make you like the characters as main characters. Basically all of the main characters feel like secondary characters that barely get any attention, even if they are actually main.
As for the side characters and episodic characters... I would barely notice if their screen time was halfed or reduced to 10% of their actual screen time.

The anime is enjoyable as something mediocre to pass time while waiting for other stuff. Maybe i'll look at the manga, but i doubt i'll watch a second season of this if there is any.
Mar 15, 2022 11:28 PM
Dec 2021
Anime only (just read the first 2 chapters of the manga)

To be honest, I watch the anime and enjoyed it. However, I'd always see comments about it saying that it lacked good storytelling (e.i. told instead of showing and rushing), which got me interested in tha manga. After just 2 chapters, I can already see what they we're talking about. Now I'm really excited to read the manga fully. It's like the anime was a really good trailer for the manga lol.
Mar 16, 2022 12:12 AM

Mar 2021
William78787 said:
Anime only (just read the first 2 chapters of the manga)

To be honest, I watch the anime and enjoyed it. However, I'd always see comments about it saying that it lacked good storytelling (e.i. told instead of showing and rushing), which got me interested in tha manga. After just 2 chapters, I can already see what they we're talking about. Now I'm really excited to read the manga fully. It's like the anime was a really good trailer for the manga lol.

The manga does justice to the plot. It goes in full detail on the background of our MC and also emphasizes on other characters as well.
Mar 19, 2022 1:19 AM
Aug 2018
Do you know if Mc and Lurie, Iris or Alma got married and have children in the manga? Since I have a friend who read the manga in some chapter I think they mention it
Tachi27Mar 19, 2022 1:22 AM
Mar 19, 2022 1:27 AM

Mar 2021
Tachi27 said:
Do you know if Mc and Lurie, Iris or Alma got married and have children in the manga? Since I have a friend who read the manga in some chapter I think they mention it

Nah!! Must be in WN or LN. not in Manga.
As of now, in manga, Lurie and MC have hidden crush on each other. Neither does Iris nor Alma have Boyfriends. So its pretty much still a generic Adventure power fantasy.
V1P3R0PMar 19, 2022 1:31 AM
Mar 19, 2022 5:33 PM

Nov 2009
Doominati said:
The manga gets kinda lore heavy later, dunno how they will adapt it in the anime, heck I doubted that they would reach that point in the anime this season, but at the speed they are going- I can't help but worry-

I doubt there will be a later, I don't think this anime will get a 2nd season at all.

More topics from this board

» Will we get a Sequel?

IndienRock - Oct 7

12 by diamondd24 »»
Oct 12, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

62 by JugNut001 »»
Aug 24, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2022

34 by Deo-Korusu »»
Aug 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2022

38 by Deo-Korusu »»
Aug 15, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2022

55 by saidlah03 »»
Jul 17, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.