Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2022 10:32 PM
Jan 2021
Though I am not terribly surprised, no real or crazy developments this episode. Lu Shu ends up taking the formation eye and keeps it. We learn that he can make pills from all the ghosts he has and feeds one to Lu Xiaoyu's ghost and he levels up.

I do wonder when he is going to get to the next level and what abilities he is going to continue to gain.
Overall, not a bad series. It has a bit of a unique world with unique systems of powering up and I would like to see how this effects the story.
Still curious to see if they catch on that Lu Shu is more than Level F. Allot of ground still not covered and plenty pieces of lore yet to be revealed.

Don't know if this will get another season but I am curious as to what happens next.
Feb 12, 2022 10:20 PM

Nov 2019
I'm surprised how easily Lu Shu completed the ruins since the formation seal guardians were distracted. Kind of anticlimactic given all the previous runaround Lu Shu and his classmates did. Wished we were shown more about the gacha system, seems like every new skill Lu Shu learns goes away like the cloak ability he used when investigating the organisation. Many opportunities in the ruins for it, so many unspent points from this episode alone I think I counted around 12K lol

The faction that sent the spies and other competing factions were referenced at the end as well as more ruins opening. Overall, not bad but not good I'll probably watch season when it comes out.
Feb 14, 2022 2:02 AM

Apr 2020
Godlike opening but very average anime with good animation. 6/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Feb 16, 2022 8:48 PM
Mar 2019
I Still Never Really Understood The Points System.
It Was A Bit Predictable That Lu Shu Was The Only One Able To Slip Away During The Fight.
I Do Like The Little Sister Who Keeps Him Focused On What Is Important.
At Least The Progression Is Believable As Most Donghua Would Have Him Immortal By Now.
So I Did Enjoy This And Kept Up Weekly, Longer Episodes Were Good For The Storyline Too.
Feb 25, 2022 5:53 PM
Dec 2009
funny score this one 8 votes. 4votes gave 5 points and 4votes including me give it 3 points. Its chinnese anime and so it feels. Bad guys are always from america or europe. Its funny that if they didnt tell their from other country, none could tell as they give all mix of hair colors and big eyes. I remember one anime from them that is basicli same story, its about god like student that tames frog deamon around age 4 and after atends school pretending to be weak. Not like i hate the concept, its acualy this that keep me going. But charakters made same type of humor and the other charakters hated him. You could say its parodycomedy some way. The spiritual animation was realy good, but rest was avarage. First episode looked worst from the whole deal. What i didnt get was the deal with his spirit sword, why was it op, they just made it and didnt bother realy get to deep with it. Maybe its somthing that is known in china but to me was kind skiped.
Feb 26, 2022 2:13 AM
Jan 2021
shark420 said:
funny score this one 8 votes. 4votes gave 5 points and 4votes including me give it 3 points. Its chinnese anime and so it feels. Bad guys are always from america or europe. Its funny that if they didnt tell their from other country, none could tell as they give all mix of hair colors and big eyes. I remember one anime from them that is basicli same story, its about god like student that tames frog deamon around age 4 and after atends school pretending to be weak. Not like i hate the concept, its acualy this that keep me going. But charakters made same type of humor and the other charakters hated him. You could say its parodycomedy some way. The spiritual animation was realy good, but rest was avarage. First episode looked worst from the whole deal. What i didnt get was the deal with his spirit sword, why was it op, they just made it and didnt bother realy get to deep with it. Maybe its somthing that is known in china but to me was kind skiped.

As for the sword I think it has something to do with how he is "special" in the series (limitless potential, a gatcha system powered by negative emotion, the chestnut that awakened him, he doesn't use the same methods to upgrade as everyone else). I mean we still have yet to confirm that anyone but Lu Shu and his sister have star maps.
All we know about others is that C rank = blood sword and that everyone else has to meditate to level up. And there is a power awakening that little is known about.
Specifically what we know about the sword. Unlike other swords, it does not consume blood. It appears to be very attracted to spirits(seems to eat them). And it also spits out that energy as marbles. I think that the demons don't like the sword and run away because it can "eat" them (And I am guessing that isn't very fun or good). In the perspective of the spirit it's like facing an enemy that has a weapon vs facing an enemy that will eat your soul and destroy you in a fate far worse than death. Who would you fight? A powerful enemy vs a challenging enemy that will eat your soul?
Feb 27, 2022 3:46 PM

May 2018
The ability to farm frustration is a neat idea for a cultivation system. The show started a bit unassuming but the animation and the actions scenes became gradually very impressive (if I remember correctly the first great battle was around episode 5). Extra points for the bargaining tactics of the MC and the bonus chibi scenes in the end of every episode.
Another neat idea is that the so called "ruins" which are actually pocked dimensions come as some kind of isekai side adventures done well.
What I hated the most is the imouto girl. As a complete opposite my favourite girl is the ponytail chick. She also had some of the coolest action scenes.

I had great time with this season.
Jun 23, 2022 11:26 AM
Sep 2020
Eren Yaegar as the villain,great OP and ED,Funny MC like Meng hao from ISSTH or bit like Mo fan from Versatile mage,MC skill system like Little Tyrant Doesn't Want to Meet with a Bad End,Great support little sister character,above average Animation...surely one of the better donghuas out there
Oct 5, 2022 10:52 PM
Feb 2014
Ngl that little girl is really spoiled
Nov 19, 2022 5:08 AM

Jun 2015
I'm rating it a sqeepig4.1. I dare not give it anymore becuase the 2nd season is incoming and I'm not sure what happens after 5!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 19, 2022 5:20 AM

Jun 2015
shark420 said:

In the real world bad guys are actually from America. Ive decided to pick apart your post because you stamp on memory of The Daily Life of the Immortal King like its some side show. Its one of the best shows running this season. I thing your lack of understanding youngling, to understand the difference between parody / comedy is experience and life. None of which both shows you reference have any similarity.

'Maybe its somthing that is known in china but to me was kind skiped.' Thats totally biased and borderline racist.
Nov 19, 2022 6:43 PM
Jan 2021
Roch2001 said:
shark420 said:

In the real world bad guys are actually from America. Ive decided to pick apart your post because you stamp on memory of The Daily Life of the Immortal King like its some side show. Its one of the best shows running this season. I thing your lack of understanding youngling, to understand the difference between parody / comedy is experience and life. None of which both shows you reference have any similarity.

'Maybe its somthing that is known in china but to me was kind skiped.' Thats totally biased and borderline racist.

I am having trouble seeing the offensive nature of this comment. The cultivation method tend to show up more in Chinese donghua than Japanese anime. I would not be surprised if people are less familiar with some of the common themes found in donghua.
Parodies tend to often be comedies not that they have to be. (Though I don't really see Da Wang Rao Ming as a parody unless I am missing knowledge of an old Chinese tale).
Also the 2 shows do have similarities. To quote Mal this show is "Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy" where Life of the immortal king is "Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Slice of Life". Both have OP main characters, both use spiritual energy, both take place in and around schools, both have swords as an important item, and both have MC hiding their powers.
This is not saying that there are not differences, there are. (MC personality, world building, tempo of plot and balance of comedy, just to name a few)

Also please remember that this chat's focus is on "Da Wang Rao Ming Episode 12 Discussion" not "Life of the immortal king" so it is normal for a different show to be mentioned in a sidelined manor.

Please remember this is a public chat and try to respect differing opinions. People can enjoy things in different ways and for different reasons.
Nov 20, 2022 5:12 AM

Jun 2015
Im not even going to bother reading all this. Pm me if you have an issue.

merlin2v said:
Roch2001 said:

I am having trouble seeing the offensive nature of this comment. The cultivation method tend to show up more in Chinese donghua than Japanese anime. I would not be surprised if people are less familiar with some of the common themes found in donghua.
Parodies tend to often be comedies not that they have to be. (Though I don't really see Da Wang Rao Ming as a parody unless I am missing knowledge of an old Chinese tale).
Also the 2 shows do have similarities. To quote Mal this show is "Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy" where Life of the immortal king is "Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Slice of Life". Both have OP main characters, both use spiritual energy, both take place in and around schools, both have swords as an important item, and both have MC hiding their powers.
This is not saying that there are not differences, there are. (MC personality, world building, tempo of plot and balance of comedy, just to name a few)

Also please remember that this chat's focus is on "Da Wang Rao Ming Episode 12 Discussion" not "Life of the immortal king" so it is normal for a different show to be mentioned in a sidelined manor.

Please remember this is a public chat and try to respect differing opinions. People can enjoy things in different ways and for different reasons.
Mar 20, 2023 11:10 AM
Feb 2023
Perfect anime serie
Jul 18, 2023 8:22 AM
Apr 2018
The anime didn't show much of Cao Qingci. I would like to see more of her in the next season if there is. 
Except the bratty kid, I love the comedy of the show. 
7/10 
Thanks!
Aug 9, 10:44 PM
Sep 2023
Amazing anime, looking forward for season 3

More topics from this board

» Isn't it weird watching this in Chinese?

Jiya18622 - Jun 29

8 by Jiya18622 »»
Jul 14, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Da Wang Rao Ming Episode 4 Discussion

ST63LTH - Dec 17, 2021

3 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 8, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Da Wang Rao Ming Episode 8 Discussion

ST63LTH - Jan 14, 2022

4 by Skylord007 »»
Mar 3, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Da Wang Rao Ming Episode 1 Discussion

Mizore - Dec 2, 2021

19 by amlg »»
Feb 13, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Da Wang Rao Ming Episode 11 Discussion

ST63LTH - Feb 4, 2022

5 by animetoofar »»
Apr 13, 2023 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.